amor How do tu know?

XpsychotickissX posted on Aug 01, 2008 at 09:19PM
How do you know when you really truly LOVE someone? It's all I've dreamed about since I was little, and I've finally met someone that loves me, but how do I know I love him? All I do is listen to love songs, write/read love poems, read love stories, and think about love, & I thought I understood, but now I'm not so sure. Here is my story, I need advice;

I met a guy & we instantly clicked, but he had a girlfriend who lived 500 miles away, & then for about 5 months he cheated on her with me. Don't worry this isn't the guy I need advice on. I thought I loved him, but I realized later he was just using me. He lied to his girlfriend about the affair & that pissed me off, because it wasn't right to her, so I told her. & they're still together, but we don't talk anymore. The point of that story is, the guy, let's call him J, had a best friend 300 miles away, let's call the friend Z, well me & Z started talking & when we started talking I was dating someone & he was absolutely in love with this horrible girl. My boyfriend & I broke up & I started to really like Z, & eventually I fell in love with him. He didn't talk to me much & he was still in love with this other girl (the horrible one). One day something happened & I log into myspace to read about a million bulletins about how much he loves her & all this stuff. It broke my heart, it was then that I realized how it had always been me calling him & how he never talked to me much & I was nothing to him. I cut myself a lot & stopped talking to him & decided to "hate" him. A few months later (right before me & J stopped talking) J was visiting Z & they started talking about me. Then they called me & Z started apologizing profusely & long story short he never meant to hurt me & we became friends again. Later that night he asked me out. I didn't really think about it, even though it was long-distance & he had hurt me. We rushed into our relationship, but we really clicked (better than me & J) & he was so sweet & perfect & like an exact male version of me. A few times I did stop & question everything & try & think about if I really did love him. About a month into our relationship he drove over to visit me for a week. I'm having a really great time, but I keep thinking about J & I keep thinking about if I really did love Z. Z obviously loves me so much. I really don't understand why, I mean I'm not attractive(he's gorgeous), I'm a horrible person, I cheated on him once(he knows & he forgave me[???]), & eh knows about what happened between me & his best friend(J), but the point is he loves me so much. I really care about him & we have so much in common, but how do I know if I love him? I've told him I'm confused & need to think about how I feel. & he's offering me a choice: I can be with him, & love him, even though he lives 300 miles away or we can put our relationship on hold until he moves down here in 5 or 6 months & still be really good friends.

So basically what I'm asking is how do I know if I love him???? What should I do???
last edited on Aug 01, 2008 at 09:45PM

amor 3 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año VampireGirl said…
wow, now theres a love story, lol. sorry. i'm just like you, all i want in life is to fall in love, but i dont know if i understand it. look, you need to think about it. right now, its a long distance relationship. so, look back: when your upset, who do you want there, comforting you? telling you its gonna be okay? is it him? do you wish he were with you everyday? even if its just walking next to you in the mall? can you trust him with everything? do you like him all the time, or just sometimes? and finally, do you think you could live without him? i know its confusing, but if you cant live without knowing he's out there(even if its not with you), then im pretty sure thats love. but, if your doubting your love for him, or his love for you, that might mean you dont love him.

sorry if that didnt make sense, i try. good luck! :)
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año Jillywinkles said…
I think you worry too much about love in general.
I've never been in love (not REAL love) either, but listen, don't sweat it! We're young, there's plenty of time. Why don't you just enjoy what you have and have fun? You have this really great guy who's your boyfriend (that's more than I've ever had). You care about him, he cares about you...just live life and take each day as it comes, what more do you need. Sometimes it's good not to think overly much about the future.

As for finding true love--don't worry, it will happen someday. There is someone out there for everyone. It might be this guy, it might be somebody else--but you have a long time yet. I don't think we can find our perfect relationship until we have grown older and become mature people ourselves. I know I'm not ready for the love of my life to find me yet. If your true love is this Z guy, you will know it. True love is when both of you want to spend the rest of your lives together.

So, in sum, I'd say go for it, try to make the long distance relationship work, you know that you love him, so enjoy that and don't worry about labeling him your "true love" or whatever---seize the day!
hace más de un año XpsychotickissX said…