los héroes del olimpo Los Héroes Del Olimpo

athena305 posted on Jun 07, 2011 at 04:18PM
Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: T, I guess
Type: Adventure/Fantasy/A touch of romance
Characters: Percy Jackson, Gavin Lepidus (OC), Aurora Leone (OC), Hazel (Introduced by RR)...a few others
Synopsis: Strange things are stirring when a mysterious stranger arrives at Legion Camp, days after a beloved camper disappears. But things get even stranger when a mysterious force threatens to destroy them all-or worse, their camp.
Disclaimer: I don't own any ideas or characters in the Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson series. All stated previously belong to Rick Riordan.
A/N: It's not going to be nearly as witty or light as RR's writing is. I have a darker voice.

Disclaimer: I don't own any ideas or characters in the Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson series. All stated previously belong to Rick Riordan.

I'll probably post when people ask me to. I have a lot of free time. So...yeah. If you comment a lot, I post.

Alright, then. I guess that's everything. Oh, I forgot something:

GO PERCABETH!
last edited on Jul 04, 2011 at 09:43PM

los héroes del olimpo 329 respuestas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 329

hace más de un año ahotsummerday12 said…
Love the chappter! Annabeth! :D Post soon
hace más de un año athena305 said…
monkey
@PersesJr- As always, TTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK­SSS­SSS
@AmazingPercy- What's with Aurora? Let me tell you something about that girl: she's smart, don't get me wrong, but she is selfish. She is the kind of person that would choose flight every time. You don't want to trust her, but you have to. She's really fun to write! Thanks, by the way.
@SylviaKitty- Yay! Someone likes Gavin! I've been trying so hard to make him likeable (and that really isn't like me at all). I figured HP would give him a boost. Also, I've been think about the Chamber of Secrets this whole time, so why not? It's not too hard...Except for now. I'll talk about that later. Thanks for the bold/underline/italics stuff. Very helpful to me. It made perfect sense. And thank you for the compliment.
@percyjason- Welcome! Fanpop is amazing! I would give you a muffin basket but you'll have to ask Hecate. I'll give you a monkey instead. :) Thank you, I'm honored. Expect props.
@MaximumRide12- Thank you!
@OsnapitzJJ- Hey! It's not her fault she can't remember! It wouldn't matter how long she stayed, she would've forgotten everything. But yeah...I see where you're coming from.
@blakerose12- Thank you thank you thank you!
@Artemis037- No, she isn't. There are parts of the Labyrinth in the tunnels. Most of them are in ruins, but parts of them are still there. You're forgetting where the tunnel ultimately leads. Does anyone remember? And it happened while Annabeth is on her quest to look for Percy. Jason, Leo, and Piper are on their quest right now.
@ahotsummerday12- Thank you!

I'm extremely sorry for not posting for a while. I try really hard to keep a good rhythm, but this chapter just isn't coming out right. I can't seem to spit out the words. But I have it now.

I also want to tell you guys that I won't be able to post as much from now on. My sister comes home tomorrow (can't wait to see her!!) and she'll be wanting the computer too. I might have to do once a week. But I'll try to post sooner. In the end, I'll probably just post when I can. It seems a lot of people are following Partypony's motto on posting. Oh, well.

Here I go! Enjoy (hopefully).

Chapter 26- Aurora
Aurora clutched her head; she had developed a massive headache in the past two seconds. How could this happen to her? She never forgot anything anyone ever said to her, let alone a complete person. That was half the reason she came off to be so cold: she never forgot a fight, insult, or death. And she had seen a lot.
She didn’t remember one spec of the conversation. Was this how Percy felt all the time? If so, she really and truly pitied him. Aurora squinted her eyes shut, trying to remember even a glimpse. But everything was blocked out except for climbing up the rope. This had to be the work of a god or goddess. But what was it about those few minutes (was it a few minutes? It could have been a few hours, for all she knew) that they wanted her to forget so badly?
Aurora sighed and kept walking. Luckily, she remembered the direction she had been walking in. As she briskly walked ahead, she let her mind wander. Was it really the best choice to leave Percy and Gavin? Thinking back on it, Aurora wasn’t exactly sure of why she had been so quick to go off. Something about the way the goddess had said it was so demanding. And even though Aurora sure she could take a goddess of dawn, she had seemed more powerful than she should be. Something fishy was going on.
Aurora felt a chill run up and down her back, but not from cold. Something was close. Not knowing why, she sprinted off. She ran so fast, her ponytail slapped her cheeks. Hard. She knew she had made the right choice in running when she heard heavy footsteps behind her. Aurora made it a rule never to look back, so she just went faster. Her strides became so long, she almost leapt.
She ducked behind a turn and waited for the monsters to pass her. But when they passed, they weren’t monsters. And they weren’t ‘they.’ A man ran by. He had brown hair and wore Roman battle armor. The kind with the tiny little skirt. It was disturbing, to say the least, as he was around forty or fifty.
Something about him was familiar, which was strange as she only saw the back of his head. Aurora shook her head and pressed herself closer to the wall. She was going to stay there until the man was well gone. A regular man shouldn’t scare a girl like her, but he was creepy. Suddenly, he stopped and sniffed the air. Aurora felt her eyes widen and she ran down the passage as quietly as she could.
She heard the heavy footsteps and clinks of his armor. However creepy he was, he was not quiet. Aurora ducked behind another wall, but he was gaining on her. She kept on running, but even she had a limit. There was a point where she had two choices: to run or to fight. She was getting too tired to do both. At the moment, she was running. Then Aurora did something she had vowed never to do, but the footsteps were getting so loud, she had to sneak a peek.
She looked back, expecting to see that man wielding an enormous sword, but there was nothing. Not a man, not a sword, not a cloud of dust. Fearfully, she turned around. Aurora heard a terrible, bloodcurling scream. An enormous, menacing man was standing in front of her. His face was covered in bruises and battle scars.
Aurora walked backward toward the wall as the man pulled out a sword, just as she had imagined. He smiled menacingly; his teeth were rotten and disgusting.
“Abyssus , pulchellus unus,” He whispered. She wasn’t sure which was worse: his pleasant greeting, or the fact that he had called her pretty.
“What do you want from me?” She demanded in English.
“Oh, nothing,” He said airily, “But my mistress wants much more.” He lunged for her and Aurora rolled under his outstretched arm. She pulled out her knife before she stood up and began hacking at him.
He only laughed. “You think you will beat me?”
“You know,” Aurora said through gritted teeth, “I’ve heard that before. It’s usually their last words, though.” She continued slicing at him. He wasn’t even annoyed at the cuts she made; he just dodged most of her jabs.
“Fight back, you coward!” Aurora screeched, as there was nothing she hated more than someone who wouldn’t fight back. She liked a challenge.
“Meus ordo es accerso vos in alive.”
“Bring me in alive, huh? Well how bout I bring you in dead?” Aurora didn’t know why she was provoking him like this. She normally skirted out of fights, not get into the thick of things. But she had been feeling so antsy lately. She had tried to read a bit to calm herself down, but she couldn’t. The letters had just floated off the page.
Aurora quickly realized that this man was too powerful for a direct assault. He was quick, which was surprising for a man of such huge build. In other words, a difficult opponent. She decided she would try running again. When she managed to get away from him, he pulled the oldest and cruelest trick in the book: he stuck his foot out.
Somehow, Aurora had flown up into the air and landed straight on her head. Before she blacked out though, she realized that the terrifying and terrified scream she had heard before was hers.
“-Not a threat,” A man’s voice said.
“How can you say that when she destroyed out two legions of our Telkhines?” A great, rumbling voice replied.
“The Telkhines are weak. She could not defeat me.” There was pride in his voice.
“That is not enough. She has companions.”
“Not anymore. The girl left them, just as planned.” He chuckled.
“This is no laughing matter. They will rejoin. But they must not succeed. Polybotes is nearly awake. As is the girl. I must leave now.”
Aurora wanted so badly to open her eyes and see what was happening, but they were too heavy. Like lifting a fifty-pound sword and trying to fight with it. She could hear everything perfectly, but each sound made in the room felt like a hundred baseball bats were banging on her head. She didn’t dare try to lift her head because she knew that it would be torturous and that her kidnappers would only cause her more pain if she was awake.
She heard pacing. Heavy, hard footsteps growing softer and fainter as they circled the room.
“A threat, eh? Stupid child of Minerva. Selfish. Vain. A threat?” The man’s voice muttered. Aurora realized it was the same man who had fought her. Everything came rushing back to her. The mysterious experience she had forgotten, the chase, the fight, the blackout.
He continued muttering to himself, but not only about Aurora. His mumblings were those of a madman. The kind of madman Aurora felt very, very, very unsafe being around. Then again though, how much more unsafe could she be? She had already been kidnapped.
Aurora waited and waited for him to leave the room, but he never did. He just stayed there, pacing, muttering. What was he going to do with her? Wait for Gavin and Percy to come? Torture her? The wait was much more torturous than any machine or knife could ever be. She could handle pain. But not knowing…
After what seemed like hours of waiting, the mysterious man left the room, making as much dust fly around him as possible. She was about to open her eyes when she remembered something.
One shall be lost, only to be found when the other is swallowed by a hole in the ground.
Gavin.

I leave you with a few challenges. I've asked them a couple of times but I don't think anyone really noticed.

1. Who does Gavin like?
2. Who does Percy like?
3. Guesses on the plot
4. What's Gaia up to (remember the myth behind the tunnel)?

For the first two, I'll give seven props to the first answer. But if you come up with an original answer WITH AN EXPLANATION, even if it's wrong, I'll give you a prop or two. Only if your explanation is extremely thorough, though.

As to numbers 3 and 4, if you get close to the right answer, I will privately give you nine props (first answer only) and won't announce you as the winner (spoilers).

Why, you ask? I feel like it. I want to see if I've made certain things obvious enough and other things too obvious.

Au revoir!
-Athena
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año sylviakitty348 said…
surprise
Oo! Oo! that guy, the wild guy, im gunna take a wild shot at this and say he's Julius Caesar? It'd be pretty sad if that was wrong... But anyway, AMAZING chapter (as per usual). Im sorry i dont have time for the challenges right now, but i'll think on them! When i get an answer, i'll edit it into this comment :)
hace más de un año AmazingPercy said…
good chapter
OOOOO Aurora
she desevers it
but she should be saved
she does seem like a fun
& some character to write
1Aurora i know it's wrong
2Aurora?
gtg maybe 'll answer later
lovew te chap
hace más de un año OsnapitzJJ said…
Gavin likes Aurora!

Percy likes Annabeth and Aurora!:D
hace más de un año PersesJr said…
smile
AWESOME DUDE POST SOOOOON
hace más de un año green-art-ac-pj said…
big smile
ohmy gosh!! its sooo good!!
smile
Post soon awsomee chappy Okay
Gavin like Aurora because hes gooing crazy looking for her Also kuz he got angry that percy was like. Crushing on her
Percy loves Annabeth but I think he Crushes on Aurora bcuz she remindes him of annabeth.
I'm not sure what Gaia is up to but the myth of the Labyrinth was made by Daedalus to the minotaur soo I don't get it?
I wasn't going to answer any of the questions until I posted again but I can't stand it anymore. For the answer to the first question, reread Chapter 10. It'll tell you everything you need to know (I hope).

I'm not giving any more clues or answers until the next post.

Good luck!
-Athena
hace más de un año Artemis037 said…
heart
HAZEL! Gavin likes Hazel because of the whole talking by the lake thing (thanks for the hint Athena :) )
Although, I did think it was Aurora at first because of Gavin's (I'm totally blanking here on the correct term) task he had to do to prove himself when he first found out he was a demigod, hope you know what I am talking about...

2. no idea
3. no idea (I think it's a slow night...)
4. REALLY no idea, I know not of the myth to which you speak (haha that was wierd...)
ps. I forgot how to spell wierd/weird, I blame it on being tired, summer vacation, and the fact that I am blonde (don't tell Annabeth I said that...)

Loved the chapter! I feel so behind on fanfics and my own story... And now I shall go before I seem even more wei- strange!
surprise
Yes!!! Gavin loves her!!! Aurora!! So sad!! An epic!!! That's really sad!!! Ad Percy loves both!!! Gaia is gonna kipnap Gavin or kill him..........I think and Gaia is trying to hav Aurora away for that she well weaken them.
GAVIN LIKES HAZELL AHH! Thanks forr the hint:)Noo! Gaia gunna get Gavin and lock him in the Labyrinth like the minotaur maybe I'm not suree The plot I don't kno Gavin can't die isn't he one of the sevens!
hace más de un año MaximumRide12 said…
smile
Percy loves Annabeth but likes Aurora because she reminds him of Annabeth. Gavin likes Aurora. I think Gaia is gonna swallow up the City or Camp Caesar Salad, or SPQR, or whatever this one is called. And kinda the same thing as I just said. Probably wrong but..... Ya never know. Have fun with ur sister and post whenever!
I think she is posting now because she never gets on chat without posting!:D
Hey guys! The time has come. The challenges will be answered.

Drumroll please!

Okay.
Challenge #1: Who does Gavin like? The answer, my friends, is Hazel, and the winner of seven props is Artemis037!
Challenge #2: Who does Percy like? The answer is Aurora,and the winner is OsnapitzJJ. Expect seven props!

As I've said before, I'm not publishing the answers to numbers 3 and 4. I've already rewarded the person who won. And they have to keep silent.

Good work, everyone! Now it's time to start replying.

@PersesJr- Thanks. I don't feel like answering in all caps so I'm just gonna leave it like this.
@ac- Thank you! So sweet.
@ahotsummerday12- Thank you, posting now.
@Artemis037- Congratulations! And thank you! Just by the way, it's w-e-i-r-d.
@MaximumRide12- Thank you! I definitely am...
@OsnapitzJJ- Congratulations! I am posting now but I never go on chat...

Okay. So here's the chapter. It's basically just build-up, but...oh well. I'll post the next one very soon (I hope).

Chapter 27- Gavin
Gavin collapsed against the wall and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He felt both excited and exhausted. Excited because with all the events happening, he felt exactly like Harry Potter. Exhausted because he had just fought a crazy snake lady. He felt bad for her, though. She wanted a kid, she got a tail.
“Whew!” He whooped.
“Yeah,” Percy agreed, slumping next to him.
“That was a nasty monster,” Gavin pointed out. Percy nodded. “But what was that whole ‘stealing my bow and trying to shoot at Lamia’ thing? I was completely defenseless!”
“The arrow,” Percy began, “Was poisoned from when you shot at her before. I figured maybe her own poison could kill her. But I had no bow.”
“Then you could’ve had me distract her and just stab her with the arrow!” Percy stared at Gavin stupidly before smacking himself on the forehead and muttering,
“Vlacas.”
Gavin wasn’t sure he heard him right. “What was that?”
“Nothing,” He said quickly, his green eyes downcast. It was obvious he had said something he had wished he hadn’t, but Gavin wasn’t one to press people into doing something they didn’t want to. He left it alone, shrugging it off and changing the subject quickly.
“I think I remember her more clearly now,” Percy said wistfully.
“Really? Like what do you remember?”
“Or, bits of her…Like-“ All of the sudden he sprang to his feet and shouted, “the Hoover Dam is 700 feet tall, built in the 1930s, has five million cubic acres of water and is the largest construction project in the United States.” Percy was breathing heavily, as he had said all this in one breath.
Gavin raised an eyebrow. “Dude? Encyclopedia? What was that?”
“I have no clue.” One look at Percy’s face and he knew that he really didn’t have a clue. “Can we change the subject?”
“Sure…” Gavin picked the first topic that shot into his mind. Well, actually, the second topic as he couldn’t talk to anyone about the first topic. “How about this quest, eh?” He said in a strange, hearty voice.
“It kind of sucks, tell the truth. I mean, with the morbid prophecy…” He fizzled off.
“What? What? What is it, man?” Gavin shook Percy by the shoulders.
“Son of Neptune, you shall lead this quest,
Taking an owl, a sun, and leaving the rest.
One shall be lost, only to be found,
When the other is swallowed whole by the ground.
But Son of Neptune, beware the earth,
For the Giants revenge, the Seven shall birth” He recited.
“Why are you telling me the creepy prophecy?”
“One shall be lost, that’s Aurora!” Percy exclaimed.
“Yeah, but she left. She didn’t get lost or anything.”
“But your dream! What if she was kidnapped? But it gets worse. One shall be lost only to be found when the other is swallowed whole by the ground.”
Gavin’s smile faltered as he realized what Percy was saying. No one said anything for the longest time, until Gavin stood up and shouldered his backpack.
“What are you doing?”
“If the prophecy is true, which it will be, and Aurora is gone, we need to find her. It says you’ll find her once I’ve been swallowed. And we want to find her as quickly as possible, so let’s just go,” Gavin said somewhat harshly. Percy nodded and followed Gavin up the passage. Gavin knew that it seemed strange that he wanted to help Aurora so much. But he knew that if something happened to Aurora, and he hadn’t done anything, Hazel would be out of the picture forever.
As they continued down the direction of Aurora’s arrow, Gavin felt as though this were the wrong. She had diverted from the path she had set herself. A monster was probably chasing her and she hadn’t had time to drop an arrowhead.
“Percy, I don’t think-“
“I know.” Percy looked at him fearfully. This time, there was no blood or skid marks to guide them. Gavin let Percy lead the way, as he looked more confident. He led them down a wall with a sharp turn. They walked down the tunnel until they reached a fork.
“Left or right?” Percy asked him.
“Left,” Gavin said on a hunch. They continued down the passage before noticing something gold and shiny glinting under the dirt. Gavin brushed Aurora’s knife off and stuffed it through his belt. She would need it.
“We’re going the right way.”
“Wait a sec,” Percy stopped him.
“What is it?”
“Do you remember which direction that knife was pointing to?”
Gavin closed his eyes. He knew where this was going. “I think it was pointed on a diagonal. Sort of to the left.”
“At the next fork, we turn left.”
“Got it. But wait. How would she know where she was being taken?” Gavin had just realized that something was off.
“Maybe she dropped it when the guy turned.”
“But wouldn’t Aurora fight back? If not, wouldn’t she be unconscious by now?”
“I don’t know. But it’s our best shot,” Percy admitted. Gavin was wary of this, but he continued on anyways. They went down the passage quickly. There were no forks, just turns and more turns. It felt too easy. But as Percy had said before, it was their best bet. The tunnel was even more dirty, if possible. Gavin thought back to the second day on the quest. Aurora had said that the dirtier, the closer they were to the chamber.
He knew that they were extremely close when he saw a black hair tie lying on the ground.
“Wait a second, Percy.” Gavin decided it was best to have his weapons ready.
“Good idea.” Percy uncapped his pen and continued down the passageway. Finally, they received a clue. A clue as to where Aurora was. A clue as to how she was.
A ripping scream pierced the air. A scream of pure torture.
That was good and thanks:D It wasn't bad!!!!! I had no idea I won! LoL
big smile
Awsomme chappterr!
big smile
I loved it!!! But you ended on a cliffhanger...
smile
Good, I like the cliffhanger
plz post soon i hope i can get on when u post next
big smile
The cliffhanger was amazing!
*facepalm* my guesses were an epic fail. great chappie tfp! Thanks for posting
big smile
All with everyone there MaximumRide------sucks....dis u spesifically say tada u got it!! For the q's? Well...that wa sooo epic!!! Woah!!!! Gurl!!!! That was awesome!! Post again!!' oh never mind i can wait!!! For in one or two day!!!!
hace más de un año blakerose12 said…
big smile
sorry i havent commented for so long i had no internet but i just loved the chaptr it was AAAmazing times 10 loved it cant wait till you post again !!!:DDDD
Hey guys! I have your chapter ready for you. I hope you'll like it. I'm really sorry for the last chapter. It was stupid and I should have kept going with it or at least put in something else. So I apologize for the terrible chapter I posted last time.

@OsnapitzJJ- Thank you! And yep, you did! Congratulations again.
@ahotsummerday12- Thank you!
@Artemis037- Thank you, but that was the point.
@AmazingPercy- I know you like the cliffhanger. You've told me before how you love them. Don't worry, there are plenty of cliffhangers coming soon. I know just how I'm going to end the book...*Cackles gleefully.*
@MaximumRide12- Thank you!
@ac- What do you mean? I announced the winners of the first 2 questions on my last post. I had told you though that I wouldn't be telling the answers to the last two. I wouldn't just give you the plot on a silver platter! Thank you!
@blakerose12- Don't worry about it! Tell Hermes that you're sorry for whatever you did to make him angry; your internet should work perfectly. Thank you! And welcome back.

So, without further ado, I give you Chapter 28 of the Son of Neptune.

Chapter 28- Gavin
Gavin and Percy exchanged a look of alarm and tore down the tunnel. They were about to turn into the doorway when they bumped into a force field. It blew them back about twenty feet. As Gavin tried to get up, a hooded figure walked through the door. It was obviously a girl, as she was only about five foot two and sylph-thin. Her face was completely covered by a shadow. Gavin couldn’t see even one feature. She wore a set of black armor and comfortable-looking leather boots. Even her hair was shadowed. On her hip was a long, thin sword.
“Hello, boys.” Her voice was calm and quiet.
Gavin scrambled to his feet and demanded, “Who are you?”
“I don’t think that’s too important, is it?” She cocked her head to the side and advanced towards them, walking very quickly.
Now Percy was on his feet. “Please, we just want to find our friend!” He begged.
If Gavin could see her face, he was sure she was smiling. “Oh, you will. Just not in this…condition. I’ll have to remedy that.”
As quick as thought, she drew her long sword and charged them. As she ran, Percy and Gavin lost sight of her. She literally disappeared. A cool wind blew past Gavin’s neck. Next thing he knew, the girl was trying to stab his legs. He jumped over the sword he couldn’t see. This was going to be annoying. An invisible opponent. Then she was in front of him again, her sword at his throat.
Gavin ducked under it and ran for the nearest wall. He needed distance if he wanted to shoot at her. But this was going to be difficult as she kept turning invisible. The mystery girl then turned on Percy, but Gavin was assured that Percy could take her. Even though Gavin knew that size had no impact on fighting skills (he had admired Hazel for years), but she looked fragile.
Watching them fight, he saw that she was anything but. Seeing an opportunity while she and Percy fought, he drew back an arrow and aimed it at her thigh. He didn’t want to kill her, but he would if he had to. As he let the arrow go, the girl vanished into the shadows again. And reappeared three seconds later, whispering into his ear.
“Nice try, Apollo boy. But you’ll need more than that to defeat me.” In three quick movements, she had punched him straight in the eye and slashed his cheek with her sword. When he had fallen flat from the punch, she stabbed him in the leg. Not sliced. Stabbed.
Gavin cried out in pain. He couldn’t take it. The pain was so much, he wanted to black out. But apparently the injury wasn’t enough to knock him out. He was vaguely aware of the girl turning on Percy.
“-Can’t hurt you, but I can overpower you.” He heard her say.
“You don’t scare me.”
“I might not, but does this scare you?” Gavin felt the earth below him shake and rattle. Before he knew it, he was falling and falling, blacking out before he could reach the bottom.
Gavin woke up, groggy and woozy. He was on some damp, dark soil. His first thought was, am I dead? The soil look just like the Underworld. He looked up, but there was nothing to look at. Darkness surrounded him. He sighed and rumpled his hair, like he always did when he was nervous.
He could still see his arm in the pitch-black darkness. It was faint, but it was there.
“How on earth is that possible?” He muttered to himself.
“Your father is a god of light,” a girl’s voice said to him. “So you are never truly in the dark.”
“Who are you?”
“Someone very close to you. You knew me once.”
“Well what’s your name?” Asked Gavin, frustrated.
“My name? My name is Alexis Reed. Daughter of Minerva?”
Gavin felt like he was going to cry. “Alex? It’s you?”
“It’s me.” She didn’t sound happy about it. Gavin was still shocked that he was hearing her voice again. Then again, she had never really sounded happy unless she was telling a strategy. Even then, though, you had to strain to hear the glee; her voice was so soft.
“Alexis Reed,” Gavin repeated, still not believing this. “Master strategist, Praetor of the 6th Legion…Honorable death in combat.” The last part was still difficult to spit out. Her death had hit the camp hardest. Alexis had been the stronghold holding them together. She was brilliant, even more so than Aurora, fierce, good-hearted, and…young. She was fourteen years old when she died. There were much older kids in the Minerva legion who could have been Praetors, but there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that it should have been Alexis.
“Me again.” As she edged closer to him, he could see her face. An amused smile was plastered on it. It was strange to see her like this. In real life, she had been so full of color and energy. In essence, she looked the same, with her sharply cut chin-length haircut that suited her bone structure perfectly. Her eyes were still large and playful, her nose sharp and straight. But her usually tanned skin was bleached out. Her pink lips were pale. She was wearing the same clothes she had been when she died: dark jeans, combat boots, her purple shirt and golden armor over everything. But again, the gold was more of a rust-color, the purple was the palest mauve.
“How are you…here? Wouldn’t you be in the Underworld? Or is this the Underworld? Am I dead?” He was starting to panic.
“No. You’re not dead. This is just a place that you were summoned into. It’s literally just a hole.”
“Then why are you here?”
“Me? Some power summoned us here. I’m not exactly sure who he was looking for, but I came anyway. He was summoning dead demigods.”
Why was she being so vague? “Who was summoning you?”
“His name, I think, is Nico di Angelo. A son of Hades.”
“I’ve met him! Very briefly, but I have! He started explaining something but then just took off.” Gavin wanted to punch something at the mention of him. “Wait a minute, you also called him a son of Hades. What do you mean by that? It’s Pluto!”
Alex sighed. “He’s right. He is a son of Hades. Look, I can’t tell you everything, but I have to try to get in as much as I can.”
“Okayyy…”
She took a deep breath and continued. “When Greece fell, it’s gods fell too, right?”
“Right.”
“Wrong. They’re alive and- Look, just remember this: the Greeks are alive. Do not forget that. The Greeks are alive.”
Without any warning, Alex disappeared. Gavin felt like he wanted to cry. She hadn’t even stayed long enough for Gavin to tell her that Aurora was her replacement. Or that Jason was gone. Then again, he hadn’t really expected her to stay for very long. She was an ADHD ghost. No way was she going to hang around in a dark pit where the only source of light was Gavin’s skin (and he hadn’t showered since he left for the quest, so it was quite dim).
Gavin sighed and ran a hand through his hair, not knowing what to do. He had been swallowed by the hole in the ground, that much was obvious, but what would happen next was a complete mystery. Would Percy be the one to find Aurora? Would there be more clues? Gavin’s thoughts were interrupted when a dark form came flying down and landed softly on the earthen floor.
A few curses in perfect Latin let Gavin know who was speaking.
He smiled slightly. “Hey, Aurora.”

big smile
yes!!!! yes!!!! Auroras back!!! the prophecy was true!!! its almost over!! yeah!!! iluv it!!! cant wait
and i no that u answered the questions
hace más de un año Piper_ofArtemis said…
smile
Very nice. I like the very casual "Hey, Aurora." from Gavin.
hace más de un año rapunzeleah123 said…
EXCELLENT work, daughter!
I'm really sorry I don't review, but like I said, it comes up on my updates when I'm not there. :/
Anyway, great job!
laugh
:) The last part of that chapter made me laugh. And of course Aurora was swearing. Great job.
hace más de un año sylviakitty348 said…
big smile
im so sorry i havnt commented! But ive been traveling, like, planes and packing and stuff, so i havnt had the time to go on the internet. But i just have to say, the last two chapters were AMAZING! dont say any of them are ever crappy or bad. NEVER. they are always good, no matter how long or short. So, if Aurora and Gavin are there, then where's Percy? And how did he fight off that shadow girl? Earthquake? Oooooooooooooo!!!! I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GUNNA HAPPEN!! X[ And Gavin likes Hazel. That's obvious enough ;)
heart
Nico! I saw a kid that looked exactly how I pictured Nico a while ago- right down to pale and longish black hair. When Alex mentioned him, it reminded me. It was Amazing chapter! Keep posting!
hace más de un año PersesJr said…
smile
can u guys check this out plz link
smile
Oooooo Aurora-big part
and Gavin knows about
greeks too bad he can't talk and question percy cause oviously there a----
a big cliffhanger:D
post soon
Hey everyone!

@ac- Yep, she is. Well, kind of. And again, well, kind of. There's still a lot more to go...
@Piper_ofArtemis- Thanks! Yeah, I didn't want him to run into her arms or anything so...Hey, Aurora! it is.
@Mother- Thank you! Don't worry about it.
@MaximumRide12-Yay! I made you laugh! That's nice to know...And yeah, she did. I mean, these are teenagers. Frustrated, annoyed, tired teenagers. Throw that in with falling down a hole and you've got a swearing girl! RR never really grasped what real teens are actually like (probably because he isn't one).
@sylviakitty348- Thank you! Okay, I won't call them bad...*Throws hands up.* Don't apologize for not being here, I really don't mind. You'll find out soon enough.
@Weirdd...But still cool! Thank you.
@AmazingPercy- Yep. I was pretty happy about the way everything worked out. It sort of fell into place.

Okay, so here's a new chapter! Well, actually, I'm doing a 'part 1, part 2' thing again. I don't want the chapter to be that short but I want to end it there so...Here is part 1.

Chapter 29- Part 1- Percy
Percy was fidgeting badly. His wrists and ankles were pinned against the wall, putting him in a star-shaped positing, his arms and legs spread out. He couldn’t move anything and he had a nasty itch on his nose. He kept thinking about Gavin. About that girl stabbing him and him just falling. There had been nothing he could do except watch him fall.
He felt a hatred for that girl more than he did for anyone else at the moment. She wasn’t just feisty or on the wrong side. She was cruel. She could have just knocked Gavin out; she didn’t need to stab him with full force. And then she had taunted Percy, playing on his greatest weakness. The strange thing was, her fighting was crisp and clean. She had definitely been trained.
But she didn’t fight like Percy did, but she also didn’t fight like the demigods at Legion Camp did. Something about it was just…different. The girl herself was also strange. She sort of…melted into the shadows. But not the way Nico had. She could control them. Well, that much had been apparent from the beginning, as she had shadowed her face. But why did she need to hide?
Percy was slightly ashamed for not trying to fight more; he could have taken the opposition. But the girl had threatened to hurt Gavin if he did. So in the end, he came quietly. And now he was chained to the wall with an itch on his nose and no Aurora.
He still had hope, though. The prophecy had said she would be there if Gavin was swallowed by the hole. Percy kept staring at the door in the hopes that she would come bounding through. Or being dragged through. He didn’t really care either way, but was hoping for option number one.
When he heard a rustle down the hallway, he immediately perked up.
“You have done well, child,” A man’s voice said.
“Thank you, sir.” Percy knew without a doubt that this was the girl who had attacked them. She said ‘sir’ with contempt, as though she resented him being her superior.
“But they are beginning to realize of each other. We have no hopes of destroying them if they unite.” With this, Percy knew that this was the man from all of his dreams.
The girl laughed. A sweet, small, girlish, and terrifying laugh. “I wouldn’t worry about that. Trust me…I have a plan. Or rather, we have a plan.”
“We? You and the mistress?”
“We. Did she not tell you?” She sighed. “What a shame.”
“Well, what is this plan?” His voice was on the edge of impatience.
She laughed again. “Oh, you’ll see. Goodbye! I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again quite soon.” Her footsteps grew closer as she advanced toward Percy’s prison.
When she arrived, she looked at Percy in disdain, her face shadowed again, then kept walking. She stopped at a desk pushed against the wall and opened a drawer. She held up a long, suspicious-looking utensil and examined it before putting it back. She then picked up an object that looked like long, sharp tweezers. Again, she put them down, clearly dissatisfied.
“If you’re trying to intimidate me, it’s not working.” He wanted to tell her that he was invincible but had a feeling he should save that for later.
She laughed her sweet laugh again. “I’m not trying to scare you. I don’t need to. You’ll be scared enough.”
“What time is it?” Percy blurted out the first thing that came to mind. He had been a little curious anyway.
“Nearly 6:15.”
“In the evening?”
“No.” Percy whistled slightly. No wonder he felt so tired. He had literally been up at the crack of dawn. Luckily, he had the rest of the day to find Aurora and do whatever else it was he had to do.
“And what time were you up?” He was starting to feel bad for this girl.
“Why do you care so much again?”
He tried to remember but came up blank. In the end, he just spurted out another question. “How old are you?”
She laughed once more. “A little older than you.” She turned serious. Or as serious as he could see; her face was covered. “But remember your position right now.”
Percy looked down at the ropes on his wrists and smiled. “Man! I completely forgot!” He was sure she would have been rolling her eyes.
The girl grabbed the long tweezers and left the room, somehow silent even though she had armor on. Percy didn’t even want to think what she was doing with those.
Once she was gone, Percy felt more confused and alone than ever. He wasn’t even in the chamber he kept seeing in his dreams. He was in a different room. Frustration was everywhere. He desperately wanted to punch something but his hand was strapped against the wall. And his nose was still itching. He would have to get that taken care of as soon as possible.
Percy looked around the room, desperate to escape, trying to find something, anything. His eyes set on a pitcher of water. Perfect, he thought. He stared at it and imagined the water rising, rising, rising. Finally, the plastic bottle burst open from the pressure and the water was about to spill everywhere before Percy screwed his eyes shut and thought with all his might, Stop! The water stopped in midair. He let the water stream towards him in one long thin powerful blast. Aimed straight at the ropes on his hands.
The water wrapped itself around the ropes and froze itself. Percy smiled. The ropes would break soon from the ice crystals. He knew he wasn’t exactly the most brilliant person in the world but two things he knew a lot about were water and ropes. Percy experimentally flexed his arm. The rope snapped in two. He quickly untied the rope on his other arm, only realizing his mistake when he fell on the dirt floor, flat on his face, his feet still attached to the wall. He groaned and pushed himself up into a curled up position. What was he going to do? He reached an arm up and collapsed again. Suddenly, an idea struck him.
With a whole lot of difficulty, he pulled out Riptide and uncapped it. Luckily he had the Curse of Achilles, otherwise he would have sliced his face. He pushed himself back into that strange fetal position and stretched his sword arm out underneath him. After about ten minutes and a lot of whacks to his legs, his ankles were free.
He sprang to his feet and smiled giddily. He first had to find Gavin and Aurora. Percy charged down the door that the girl had went through. It seemed like the right way to go. He ran for about three seconds before reaching a wall made of dirt. He could go back, but if he told himself the truth, he didn’t want to.
Percy pressed his hands against the wall, hoping for a latch or something. That girl had to have gone somewhere. After finding nothing but smooth dirt all over the wall, he stuck his sword through it. It went through, but the slit closed up almost immediately. He pulled it out and carved out a Percy-sized circle.
Percy climbed through quickly, dirt already pouring over his head. He poked his head through the other end, barely registering what he was seeing.
OMG!!!
Wow! THAT was awesome!
Lol, a Percy-sized circle xD
Baahhahahaha I loved it mom!:D It was so funny!
^ She's your sister ;D
I know that. LoL I laughed at your comment!!! XD Idk but it made me laugh. Anyways...THAT WAS AWESOME SISSY!
OHH ok.
laugh
Yyyeeahh. Pshhhh. Thats my reason. :P XD
smile
Hahaa ahmazeingly chapppter!
hace más de un año unknownquestion said…
Awesome
hace más de un año blakerose12 said…
big smile
That was awesome !!:DD a percy sized circle lol that was hilarious !! Can't wait till you post !!!!! :DDD
hace más de un año Percy99Jackson said…
big smile
great story.post soon plz!and i think can tell what your plot of the hole story probably is its though but i think i know and the gavin likes? so easy why no offence did anyone need a clue.percy likes? was easiest i think no offence to anyone.post plz
big smile
Loved it! Keep posting!
sunny
GREAT:D PLZ POST SOON
hace más de un año Percy99Jackson said…
smirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~
SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!

TOP SECREAT
Gaias secreat weapon

[its a suggestion]

The Nisoyesus [made the monster name up]

[basically a lion looking creature but is made of fire and breaths fire invicble unless shot in the mouth but theres a downer only one weapon can kill it Europa bow the arrow must hit it in its mouth otherwise not even a god's power could kill it] what you think?
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
@Leah- Thank you! I'm glad you found me funny. *Giggles gleefully*
@JJ- Thanks!
@ahotsummerday12- Thank you so much. You are so sweet.
@unknownquestion- First of all, cool name/icon! Second of all, welcome to fanpop/this forum! And third of all, thank you for reading and commenting.
@blakerose12- Thanks! Yep...well it couldn't exactly have been an Annabeth-sized circle...
@PercyJackson99- Well, as to the plot thing, I can almost guarantee you that you can't figure it out unless you somehow hacked my computer and read all of my documents. I don't mean to sound conceited, but it's...intricate to say the least. I only asked to see how original people could be. And to see what kind of answers I'd get. As to who Gavin likes, I thought that would be easy too but then again, I have a photographic memory AND I'm the one writing it so...it may seem easier to me. However, you didn't put any answers here or on my wall so...yeah. I find it a little strange that you would go on about how easy these questions are when you don't answer them yourself.
@Artemis037- Thank you!
@AmazingPercy- THANKS!
@PercyJackson99 (again)- I'll think about it. Original idea! :)

Okay! So this is part 2. Forgive me for the shortness, but you have to remember, the chapter is in 2 parts. Actually, it's a pretty long chapter if you put it together, but under the circumstances...

I had to do something I really didn't like in this chapter. Please don't murder me. *Covers head with hands*

Without further ado, here is Chapter 29, part 2. LOL that rhymed!

He couldn’t see a single thing. It was completely dark. As if someone had just sucked out all of the light. Without thinking, he charged down the lightless corridor, taking a tumble about two seconds in. He rolled and rolled the whole way down, bumping his head on various rocks and, of course, the floor. Finally, he stopped tumbling.
He stood up and held his sword in front of him, the glowing blade lighting his way. One of his feet all the sudden plunged down. He drew the blade in that direction and saw that he had stepped in a river. There were soot and books and diplomas and teddy bears everywhere. A slight tingling sensation hit his skin, but the hem of his jeans were incinerated. What was this place?
He kept walking along the edge of the river. A dimly lit lantern hanging in midair caught his attention. As Percy went closer to it, he noticed a man’s face illuminated by the candlelight. It was thin, sallow, with eyes black as midnight. Percy only knew that he looked familiar because of the massive headache coming on. Note to self, bring Tylenol everywhere, he thought.
Percy went closer to the man, being careful not to step in the river again.
Percy heard him mutter, “Stupid demigods blacking this place out. I’m going to kill Nyx.” All of the sudden, the cavern was filled with light. It had about the same brightness of that of a full moon, except without the silvery glow. Basically a depressing moon. He couldn’t see the source of it, but it helped.
The man, he saw, was standing on the edge of a small boat. On the boat were way more people than a tiny boat should allow, all of them wearing dark cloaks and hoods. Realization hit him and the name floated to his lips.
“Charon.” At the sound of his name, Charon looked up at Percy and smiled slightly. He paddled the people to the bank of the river (which Percy now realized was the Styx) and glanced at Percy before continuing on. Percy, upon figuring out that he was in the Underworld, was starting to get a bit afraid. But this was a good thing. He remembered what Aurora had said about the passage they had been going through: it led into the Underworld eventually.
But why would the enemy want to go into the Underworld? Wouldn’t Had-Pluto stop them from doing whatever it was they were doing? If Pluto was even on their side…Percy shook his head and continued on. There had to be some reason that girl had come here. Besides, he felt that Aurora was close. And Gavin, he added in his head.
He wasn’t quite sure why he was so drawn to Aurora. She wasn’t particularly beautiful, she wasn’t exactly a bundle of sunshine, and she didn’t seem to like him very much. But then again, she was extremely smart and resourceful. Something about her gave him a headache. Everything seemed to give him headaches lately. All Percy knew was that he needed to find her.
While he had been letting his mind wander, Percy hadn’t noticed that he had walked straight into a wall. A hard, stone wall. Great. Percy jogged over to an area that looked familiar. Two marble arches stood there, one marked ‘EZ Death,’ and the other was unmarked. The EZ Death area was filled with people, while the other was much less full. The EZ Death line moved quickly with skeletal guards pushing people towards a vast black area. The other line, though, moved at a snail-like pace. He couldn’t see to where it led.
Percy somehow knew that this wasn’t the way to go, so he continued walking along the line that he had been in before. Next thing he knew, he was falling. Yet again. He supposed a rotten piece of soil had caved under his weight.
He freefell for a little while longer before landing in something soft and wet.
“Oof!” He cried as he plonked down. He heard snickers as he examined the dirt he held in his fist.
“Who’s there?” He asked suspiciously. The snickers stopped.
A boy’s voice said, “Percy?”
“Gavin? It’s you?”
“It’s me!”
A girl’s voice this time, announced, “And me.” Percy turned to Aurora. It was only now that he saw her that he realized how much he had missed her.
Percy waded through the dirt and went straight into Aurora’s arms, ready to plant a soft kiss on her lips.

heart
wow Percy kissed Aurora
can't wait to see what happens next
-i love it when people walk into walls
post soon i <3 the cliffhanger
Awsomee chapppter!O.o Percy ....Tsk Tsk Wait does percy only like Aurora Kuz she reminds him of Annabeth?