los héroes del olimpo Los Héroes Del Olimpo

athena305 posted on Jun 07, 2011 at 04:18PM
Title: The Son of Neptune
Rating: T, I guess
Type: Adventure/Fantasy/A touch of romance
Characters: Percy Jackson, Gavin Lepidus (OC), Aurora Leone (OC), Hazel (Introduced by RR)...a few others
Synopsis: Strange things are stirring when a mysterious stranger arrives at Legion Camp, days after a beloved camper disappears. But things get even stranger when a mysterious force threatens to destroy them all-or worse, their camp.
Disclaimer: I don't own any ideas or characters in the Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson series. All stated previously belong to Rick Riordan.
A/N: It's not going to be nearly as witty or light as RR's writing is. I have a darker voice.

Disclaimer: I don't own any ideas or characters in the Heroes of Olympus or Percy Jackson series. All stated previously belong to Rick Riordan.

I'll probably post when people ask me to. I have a lot of free time. So...yeah. If you comment a lot, I post.

Alright, then. I guess that's everything. Oh, I forgot something:

GO PERCABETH!
last edited on Jul 04, 2011 at 09:43PM
save

los héroes del olimpo 329 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 329

hace más de un año athena305 said…
Chapter 1-Aurora
The arrow made a sharp twang as it hit the red bullseye. She cocked her head to the right and frowned, unsatisfied.
“What now, Aurora?” Bobby, her half-brother asked, clearly exasperated.
“The point is 1.12 millimeters off.” Bobby sighed. “I can’t have that!”
“I don’t expect you to understand.” Aurora briskly walked up to the target and pulled the arrow out. She moved from target to target, pulling out each perfectly-shot arrow.
“So, Bobby,” she began as she neatly put the arrows back into her sheath, “Wanna spar a bit?” Aurora hear him mutter under his breath, “If you can call it sparring.” She let it go. Bobby pulled out his sword and kept on muttering. Aurora rolled up her sleeve and pulled out the dagger strapped to her arm. She smiled, her grey eyes murderous. The imperial gold made sparks upon contact. They pressed on the others’ weapon, hoping to make the other person cave. At the moment of highest pressure, Aurora released her knife, making Bobby stumble. She jabbed and he leaned back, making him fall back further. She kicked him with her combat boot and he tumbled to the ground, his sword flying out of his hand. She drew her knife to his chin and laughed. Aurora opened her mouth to give sarcastic congratulations, but as the words were coming out, one long blast echoed throughout camp.
She pulled her knife away and, without looking back, grabbed Bobby by the straps of his armor as he tried to get away. After a short pause, the second blast sounded. Only praetors, then. She let him go. She gave herself one second to scan the range for any stray arrows. Nothing. Satisfied, Aurora broke into a sprint. She met up with Gwen along the way. They kept a steady sprint as Gwen said,
“What is it, do you think?” Aurora had been wondering that as well. One long blast meant that the threat is coming and there’s still time. But two long blasts meant that the threat was big enough and small enough at the same time for the praetors. Maybe it could be a monster they couldn’t kill? No way. A god visiting? Definitely not. Trips from Emperor’s Hill were rare, and even so, they would be allowed in. A demigod? Well, maybe.
The trio quickly caught up to the rest of the group. They were waiting at the rendevous point by the clearing. A small cluster of trees at the base of the borders made it the perfect place to talk before battle. Aurora stood by the edge before remembering Hazel was gone. She took her place in the front.
“Alright. Intimidation first. Combat if necessary second,” she said promptly.
Someone shouted, “If necessary? Of course it’s gonna be necessary!”
“Okay, Jade,” she said, nodding sarcastically, “Whatever you say.” Aurora saw Jade brighten. She shook her head. That girl was as good a fighter as a Venus girl could be and she was as beautiful as was humanly possible but when it came to brains, she was seriously lacking.
“Alright everyone, just stay out of sight until I give the word. Well, what are you waiting for? Get into position!” The demigods started to skirt around the edges of the clearing, ducking behind trees. Aurora slipped on her Red Sox cap and walked right up to the edge of the clearing, knowing that whatever the threat was, it couldn’t see her. The area appeared to be completely empty. She looked up at the trees until she found the one she wanted. She scrambled up the tree and tapped the archer sitting at the top on the shoulder. He almost fell out of the tree until she whipped off the cap.
“What is it?” she whispered.
“We don’t exactly know. There was a...person, I guess, walking around. A guy. We had a feeling he wasn’t one of us and, so I shot at him. Injury only. I didn’t have a reason to kill him. Anyway, the arrow did absolutely nothing. The others started shooting but nothing hurt him. It was scary and somewhat unnatural. We wanted you guys here just in case.”
Aurora said nothing. She only put the hat back on and jumped straight to the ground, landing in a crouched position.
They waited for a long time. Finally, a figure stumbled out of the woods. It was a boy. He had thick black hair that was slightly disheveled with a grey streak running just behind his left ear. Strange. He was wearing a filthy pair of ripped-up jeans and a bright orange t-shirt. The orange was slightly dulled by the dirt that covered it. His face was streaked with more dirt. His features were very masculine and handsome. The boy’s eyes were a startlingly bright green with a look as though he had been chased down for miles. He looked hungry and exhausted. Cake.
Even through all the dirt that covered him, he radiated health and strength that had nothing to do with his well-shaped muscles. Aurora shook her head and chastised herself. Get a grip, she thought. She took another look at him and went behind a tree where a praetor was standing. She whispered,
“Bring him in quietly. I’ll incapacitate him.” Dakota nodded her assent.
Aurora drew back an arrow and aimed it at the boy. She hesitated before she shot, getting the position perfect. She shot it with such accuracy, it snagged the loose fabric of his shirt and pinned him to the tree behind him. Thank gods for the blessing of Diana, she thought. She shot another one into the other side and sprinted behind the tree and took off her cap. As he pulled out the arrows, she sneaked her head around his shoulder and said,
“Boo!” He yelped and started jumping around.
“But...What...Over there!” He started muttering as he pointed to her previous position. She walked around him as quietly as a cat, even though she was wearing a pair of combat boots and heavy battle armor.
“I’m quick,” she replied. “But you’re going to have to be quicker.” She slashed her knife at his throat. He leaned back and came up very quickly. Aurora cursed under her breath in Latin. He pulled out a ballpoint pen. Aurora laughed.
“What are you gonna do? Write on me?” He replied by uncapping the pen and it grew into an enormous, double-edged, bronze sword. Bronze? That was strange...He jabbed and she ducked and rolled under him, coming up behind him, and stabbed him about two inches above the small of his back.The knife just bounced off his skin.
“Look, I don’t wanna hurt you!” He said while he parried her jabs and stabs.
“And why is that?” She snarled
“Why would I hurt someone I don’t even know?” At this, she stopped jabbing.
“Uhhh....Because I’m trying to kill you?”
“Fair point,” he said and parried her jab. They fought for about two more minutes until she saw a golden opportunity. Aurora pressed him back to a tree and scrambled up it. He just shrugged and walked away. As he was turning, Aurora jumped on his shoulders and received a little piggy-back ride. He groaned and crumpled to the ground, unconscious. He had looked exhausted from the start. Aurora, breathing heavily, motioned for the others to come out. A few clapped her on the back and gave her words of encouragement.
“Good fight.”
“Nice work.”
“Why is he like, sleeping on the ground. It’s really dirty!”
A few people stomped their feet and groaned, “Jade!”
Dakota and Max picked the boy up and brought him to a twisted tree that stood taller than the others. Dakota said,
“Dakota Latro, Praetor of Seventh Legion and Maximillian Crassus, Praetor of Eighth Legion carrying an alien.” The tree started to untwist and they climbed through the opening. Not as easy to get into camp as it is to get out. Aurora and the others followed them. Aurora caught up to Dakota and said,
“I have the worst feeling about this.”
“What do you mean?” Dakota inquired.
“Just an instinct. I feel as if I’m a Trojan general and I just brought in the horse.”

So, what'ja think? For a first attempt? Awful? Bad? Okay? So-so? Pretty good (hopfully)? You can tell the truth, I can handle it. :)
last edited hace más de un año
sad
Since no one is commenting, I'll just post anyway. It's a little short.

Chapter 2-Aurora
Aurora threw the double doors open and let the bright sunlight stream into the dirty cell. The boy turned his head and stared at her and smiled.
“Come with me,” she said, motioning to him. Dakota followed him, laughing. Aurora gave her a questioning look to which she simply waved her hand. Aurora led them to a beautiful, cavernous room with an enormous arched ceiling. The room never failed in taking her breath away. With the beautifully painted walls and ceiling, the throne-like chairs, and polished marble floors, the council room looked like a smaller version of the throne room on Emperor’s Hill.
The one thing that ruined this vision of grandeur were the campers in their worn-out jeans, ragged combat boots, and faded purple shirts worn under armor. Aurora took her place in the circle of chairs. Max stood and walked to the empty Jupiter chair and picked up the gavel sitting on the armrest. He rammed it on the armrest and said, “As the leader of the council is unavailable, and the substitute is away, I, Maximillian, Son of Mars, call this council to order.”
He went back to his chair and said, “First notion?” Aurora nodded at Dakota and she steered the stranger to the center of the circle of chairs. Aurora stood up and briskly walked around the boy.
“This boy-”
“Percy.”
“Excuse me?”
“My name is Percy. Jackson is my last name, I think.”
“All right, then. We need to figure out what to do with him,” Aurora looked at Percy icily. He let out a small whimper and cringed away, pushing out his bottom lip in a puppy dog face. The other praetors laughed and he look triumphant. “Votes to kill?”
“Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Jus-just wait a minute. Why don’t we talk? Talking is good. I really think that it’s in my-I mean our best interests to, you know, keep me alive maybe for the rest of my lifetime-which might not even be that long. I am a demigod, after all. But you know, it’s all in your hands. Hands that...hold weapons...that kill me.” Aurora was relieved he had stopped babbling.
“Votes to kill?” Just under half the people raised their hands...until the double doors burst open. Inside walked a girl. She wore simple camp clothes. Her pale blonde, wavy hair was pulled into a crisp ponytail with a few strands falling out. She looked worn and tired. Her icy-blue eyes were shadowed with circles and blades of grass and wood were stuck in her ponytail.
At closer glance, Aurora saw that she looked worse than usual. She had a torquinet around her left bicep and a cut slicing across her cheek. Aurora clenched her fists to stop herself from smiling at Hazel. She had missed her so much. People started whispering,
“She’s back.”
“Can’t believe she’d have the nerve.”
“Does she know?” asked Jade. Aurora rolled her eyes. Hazel took her seat at the enormous chair and crossed her
legs, ignoring the stares and glares of the praetors who weren’t on her side.
“That’s just under half. Scribe!” She snapped her fingers and glared at the scared-looking boy sitting in the corner. “Make a record!” He made a note in the scroll. Percy looked confused.
“Why are you yelling at that kid?” he asked apprehensively. Dakota answered.
“He’s a scribe. Most young demigods rotate that position to be able to sit in on council meetings. It’s a learning experience. Anyway, there’s always one praetor assigned to torture him...not literally. That’s reserved for traitors.”
“And maybe you,” Aurora called out.
“Okay. Good to know.”
“Any other options?” Aurora inquired.
“I say let him prove himself,” Hazel stated quietly. They nodded their assent.
“When?” called Max, “and who?”
Aurora motioned to Dakota who nodded knowingly. Dakota pushed Percy out of the room.
“Tomorrow morning. I’ll give you ten minutes in advance.”

Please comment! I love feedback!
hace más de un año precious211 said…
big smile
why would you ever say this is bad?this is freakin awesome, don't job yourself too hard give yourself some credit. sorry i read this at school, don't ask me how, but i couldn't comment, so i am commenting now.
come on people read this!this is seriously awesome yeah. u know what i'll get u another fan, time to start chatting to amazingpercy, and penelope.i'll put your website on my fanfic!cool!!!!!!!
hace más de un año AmazingPercy said…
smile
I love it. Your such a great writer. There are still people who read it but don't comment. I could never write any chapter this long and with so much detail. I love it plz keep posting cause you know that people are reading it. I think i'm gonna get ShaileeBug to read it. Your a great writer
hace más de un año ShaileeBug said…
Good job! :-) It's a very good story, with great characters. :-) Please post more, I'm officially Addicted ;-)
hace más de un año blakerose12 said…
big smile
Nice chapters it's really good !!!! Can't wait till you post again !!:DDD
Yay! I'll post.

Chapter 3-Gavin
Gavin was having a rough day. First, he had gotten his butt kicked in a sword-fight with Jade. Yeah, she was a good fighter, but being a son of Apollo made his sword-fighting skills questionable at best. Then, as he was enjoying a wonderful walk along the beach with his best friend, a faun who he rarely saw, the horn blew.
He looked at the clock and saw the time. He yelped and immediately started waking up the others. He called out,
“Unless everyone here wants death by Aurora, you better get your butts out of bed and suit up! I’m serious! We have three minutes!” They didn’t actually have three minutes, but getting there early was good. Gwen was already gone. He was fully prepared for all the slaps and punches he received from his cabin-mates for waking them up. Once they were done, he slung his bow and quiver of arrows around his back and slid his sword into his sheath. Gavin looked around and saw that everyone was ready.
“Let’s go!”
The cabin started marching to the Ring where the praetors were standing in an intimidating circle around the arena...which was empty. Then, Aurora and Dakota brought out a boy with a grey streak in his hair, though he couldn’t have been older than sixteen. He stumbled into the arena. Judging by his build, he was probably a sword-fighter who didn’t use a shield. Gavin didn’t see anything special about him but the girls in his cabin started giggling. The boy looked surprised (which wasn’t too shocking as he had been woken up at six a.m.) and tired. He looked around and swallowed hard at the sight of all the people staring at him. The crowd parted at the sight of his opponent. It couldn’t be...Hazel?
Her hair was pulled in a high ballet-bun with a strand or two hanging down. Her ice-blue eyes were focused and deadly. As always, she looked almost beautiful. Hazel’s left bicep was bandaged and her cheek had a scar on it. If possible, she seemed to have gotten smaller. She slid her hand into her back pocket and pulled out a coin. Max yelled,
“Percy Jackson, alien vs. Hazel, Daughter of Jupiter. I want a clean fight.” Percy looked up at Hazel and looked taken aback. He smiled nervously and she just stared him down. He said something to her and she glared at him.
“Ready your weapons!” Hazel flipped her coin and it grew into a double-edged, gold sword. Percy pulled out a ballpoint pen and uncapped it. It lengthened into a double-edged, bronze sword. Bronze? Strange.
“Three! Two! One! Fight!” Max yelled. Hazel charged Percy and the swords clanged in midair. The crowd let out a cheer. Percy jabbed and Hazel knocked aside the jab with her free hand while slicing at his leg with the sword. The only thing that was damaged were his jeans. Hazel showed no feeling on her face. Gavin had always admired that quality in her. She was incredible at poker.
Hazel kept slashing and jabbing to no results. After about a minute of this, Hazel seemed to understand that he couldn’t be hurt by weapon. She jumped behind him as fast as thought and grabbed his hair. She pulled him back and he let out a cry of pain. As he crumpled to the ground, she jumped over him and landed on his hand. She stood on it and lifted her sword in the air, letting a flash of lightning arc through it and hit him. She dropped her sword and jumped off. Gavin wished he could fight as cruelly as she did. He just didn’t have it in him as a son of Apollo. The healer god wasn’t as brutal as the lightning god was.
Hazel turned and stared at the crowd, daring someone to challenge her. That was her big mistake. Percy smiled and jumped up and slashed at her thigh. She turned on him and didn’t even acknowledge the wound. He sliced at her feet and she jumped over the sword. Percy was ready to jab before she came down. She fell back slightly and Percy kept pressing her. She could only weave in and out of his sword and tried to reach her own weapon, but he wouldn’t let her. Finally, he couldn’t keep pressing back, so he moved to the other side of the arena. As they reached the center, Hazel extended her arm and the sword lifted into it. The privilege She just managed to lift it in defense just in time. She could only stay on defense as Percy was bigger and had her surrounded. He pushed her so far to the other side of the arena that she was arching over the boundary wall. Her sword was too large to use with such a small amount of space. When she tried, she dropped it. Percy put the tip of his sword at her throat.
Max looked at the scene in disbelief and said, “One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. The winner is...Percy Jackson!” He dropped his sword and Hazel picked up her own and spun it to shrink it back to coin form. She walked out of the arena wordlessly. Gavin felt his jaw drop. For about three minutes, every single camper was completely silent. Then, the whispers began. Percy looked around and shrugged. Aurora sprinted off behind Hazel and disappeared. Dakota was brave enough to walk up to him and talk to him. Gavin overheard them talking.
“What’s the big deal?” Percy asked.
“The big deal? You just beat Hazel.”
“Why is that such a big deal?” He sounded truly confused.
“It’s such a big deal because no one, and I mean no one, has beaten Hazel in five years. Monsters, demigods, titans...no one. She’s even beat Jason,” Dakota said as if it was obvious.
“Oh.”
“So...I’m kinda curious. Who are you?”
“It’s gonna sound strange, but I don’t know. Who are you?” He said accusingly. Dakota replied,
“I’m Dakota Vespillo, Daughter of Mercury and Praetor of the Eleventh Legion...And you have no idea what that means, do you?” He shook his head and said,
“Don’t you mean Hermes?”
“No, I don’t.”

Chapter 4-Gavin
Gavin couldn’t seem to make sense of what he had heard, so he went to the archery range to clear his head. As he shot bullseye after bullseye, he only became more confused, so he went to his sister. He found Gwen at the dock, skipping rocks. Each rock skipped exactly seven times before it landed neatly in the water. Gwen turned and saw him, and continued throwing.
“What’s up?” She asked.
“I was wondering about the-”
“New kid. Yeah. Quite a piece of work, isn’t he? I still can’t believe he beat Hazel! She must be absolutely horrified.”
“I thought she was embarrassed but then I thought to myself, she knows none of us would dare to laugh at her. She could easily take us. Just not him, I guess,” Gavin mused. Gwen nodded.
“So, what’s up?” She repeated. Gavin told her what he had overheard. When he finished his story, Gwen stopped skipping rocks and looked at him. Her deep blue eyes were troubled.
“Do you have any idea what that could mean?” Gwen looked as if she knew exactly what that could mean and that it was dangerous. Instead, she shrugged and said,
“Most kids learn about the Greek gods in school, not Roman. That’s why we have to dig so far to learn their histories. That’s probably why.” She didn’t look him in the eye and went back to her rocks. Gavin, sensing that the conversation was over, muttered a few things about how she was probably right and left.
Not knowing where else to go, Gavin did something that he very much regretted later. He sighed and walked over to the Jupiter cabin, where two of the most accomplished, brave, intelligent, and deadly demigods he had ever met were. The second he walked in, he regretted it.
Aurora’s death glare was usually enough to stop fifteen (or so) people in their tracks. It was scary in a I-know-every-single-one-of-your-weaknesses­-an­d-I­-pl­an-­to-­use­-th­em-­aga­ins­t-y­ou sort of way. Hazel’s, on the other hand was usually enough to stop about twenty-five people. It was scary in a I-know-about-fifty-different-ways-to-kill-­you­-do­n’t cross-me sort of way. If only one of them was directed at one person, it was enough to make that person truly doubt everything about themselves. However, both Aurora and Hazel held Gavin under a stormy-grey and icy-blue stare.
Gavin simply wanted to die. He didn’t care how painful it was, he needed to get out of their penetrating stares. Hazel said nothing, but Aurora quietly addressed him.
“You have exactly two point five seconds to leave or we will hurt you. That I can promise.” Gavin heard something whimper before he realized that the sound was coming from him. He backed out of the cabin without saying a word and ran off the second he had passed the doorframe. He knocked straight into Dakota.
“Ow! Watch it!”
“Sorry,” Gavin said, breathing heavily.
“What are you running from, anyway. Unless a god is testing us, which I’m pretty sure they’re not, the area looks clear.” She raised an eyebrow and tapped her foot expectantly. Gavin pointed a finger to the Jupiter cabin. Dakota widened her eyes and punched him. Hard. In the gut.
“How on earth can someone be so stupid? It’s a wonder you made it out alive!” Dakota looked amazed.
“I didn’t know where else to go...I had some issues on my mind.” She shook her head.
“So you went to Aurora and Hazel. I mean, are you asking for a fight? I never would have expected this from you! What were those issues? You can talk to me.” Reluctantly, Gavin told her that he had overheard her and Percy talking. Dakota’s usually cheery expression darkened as she said,
“So you were eavesdropping.”
“Well...a little.” Gavin swallowed hard. “Please, I didn’t mean to. I was just standing within earshot. It’s not like I moved to hear you better. I didn’t want to hear you, but I did. Please don’t be mad at me for something I didn’t do!”
“How much did you overhear?” Dakota replied sharply.
“Just until he confused Mercury for Hermes.” Dakota shook her head a tiny bit and started cursing in Latin. “Can you at least explain to me what that meant? I...I need to know.”
Dakota sighed and her shoulders slumped. “Gavin. I wish I could tell you but I don’t know myself. I guess I can tell you what I do know. He told me that he doesn’t have any memory of his past. All he remembers is this girl, Annabeth, and how to fight. He doesn’t know a thing about where he trained, where he lives...nothing. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for him.”
“Why don’t you take him to Lupa?”
“I’m going to, after lunch.”
“Why not now? Today is a free day.” Dakota explained how Percy needed to sleep and eat first. Dakota got up to leave, but before she did, she said,
“Gavin. Do me a favor: don’t go messing with Hazel. Aurora, you can melt a little. I’ve seen it happen. But Hazel,” she shook her head and looked him straight in the eye, “She is much more lethal than anyone would think.” Dakota walked away, leaving Gavin standing alone, more confused than ever.
hace más de un año neptune4 said…
smile
Great story can't wait for the next chapter
hace más de un año precious211 said…
big smile
again pretty darn awesome!!!!!!!!!
I'll post a little later today. Thanks for all the comments! ;)
smile
thanks I glad there was two chapters in the last one. Can't wait till later
hace más de un año green-art-ac-pj said…
surprise
Omg!!! This is sooooo good!!!! I luv this fanfic now , this is awesome, can't wait till post next
Sorry I didn't post yesterday! Enjoy...

Chapter 5- Percy
As far as Percy could see, the camp had divided into two sections: those who wanted to lop off his head and stuff it above their mantle, and those who wanted to make a temple in his honor and bow to his statue each morning. He wasn’t exactly sure which disgusted him more. All he had done was defeat some girl. Yet that girl seemed familiar. Not exactly her, but more her attitude. The way that everyone went silent when she came in. The way she glared at him. Percy felt kind of bad that he had defeated her-it was obvious that everyone expected her to win.
She had intimidated him so much. Not so much when they fought (though he was certainly intimidated then), but before they had fought. She was so beautiful, poised, and scary. That was what seemed so familiar about her. Percy could have sworn he knew someone like that.
Percy moved his lunch from side to side with his fork. He didn’t want to meet Lupa. Didn’t want to discuss his amnesia with anyone else but Dakota. She was the only one who laughed at this place. Finally, Dakota came charging in and dragged him through the forest.
They arrived at a meadow that was so breathtaking, it couldn’t be real. Daisies, chrysanthemums, bluebells, violets...every kind of flower imaginable grew long and lush through the emerald green blades of grass that covered the area. In the middle of the meadow sat a throne made of silver with many beautiful carvings and jewels.
Out of the thick trees came a beautiful, enormous, pure-white wolf. She was so white, she appeared to almost be silver. She shined in the sunlight. Her eyes were a bright gold, like that of the swords people used there. Something about her made Percy stand up straighter.
“Dakota Vespillo, what have you brought me?” Her voice was both fierce and terrible and musical and lilting. She paced around Percy and said,
“I know you, youngling. So you have come.” Dakota said nothing but looked at Percy questioningly. He did his best to continue staring at Lupa.
“Yes, I have, ma’am.” Percy tried to talk as properly as he could.
“Have you any memories yet?” she asked.
“Yes, ma’am. One. I remember a girl named Annabeth,” he replied confidently.
“Is there anything more you can tell me about her?” Lupa looked at him with her flashing gold eyes.
“This may sound strange, but Hazel, Daughter of Jupiter reminds me a lot of her.”
“How so?” Lupa inquired.
Percy shrugged. “Just her demeanor. Something about her just rings a bell.”
“Very well. Dakota, you are dismissed.” Dakota looked upset but she gave a small bow and left.
“Now, Jackson. Explain to me how you defeated Hazel.”
“I don’t know. I just fought. I didn’t do anything special. She’s really good, though,” Percy said promptly.
“Hazel is more than ‘really good.’ She has not been defeated in over five years. She has completed more quests than Hercules-”
“Heracles,” Percy interrupted before he could stop himself.
“What did you say, boy?”
“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt-”
“What did you say?”
Percy gulped. “Heracles.”
Lupa looked as though she had an epiphany.
“What is your parentage?”
“I don’t know, I’m sorry. I don’t remember anything except for Annabeth.”
“A shame. Something is different about you.”
“Koíta ... Den xéro...”
Lupa smiled a troubled smile, showing off all of her bright canines.
“What was that?” Percy asked.
Lupa replied, “You speak Ancient Greek. Most demigods here speak Latin. They know a phrase or two from Greek, as it is in their blood, but very few are fluent.”
“What does that mean?”
“I am forbidden to say. You must find your own path. I would recommend not speaking Greek around your fellow campers.” Fog started to swirl around her as she backed up into the forest. “I will be watching you very closely...Perseus Jackson.” The fog grew thicker until it encompassed the wolf’s whole body.

This chapter isn't too eventful but it's very informative so...yeah.

Chapter 6-Percy
Dakota had been waiting to ambush Percy. She bombarded him with questions, some of which he knew how to answer, others he didn’t.The main question kept turning up.
“Why didn’t you tell me any of this?” Dakota talked and listened until they broke out of the woods. Percy saw a lake and nearly moaned in relief. He turned to Dakota and said,
“Look, Dakota, I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I had met Lupa before. I didn’t think it was that important. Besides, you never asked. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Annabeth. Okay? Please, I really need to think.” Dakota nodded and backed away.
Percy ran the whole way to the dock. When he got there, he found he wasn’t alone. A pretty girl with flowing blonde hair and large green eyes was pacing there. She was wearing a purple camp shirt, dark jeans, and combat boots. Unlike most of the campers he had seen so far, she wore no armor.
“Hi. I’m Percy. Percy Jackson. What’s your name?” He asked quietly.
“I’ve heard about you. You beat Hazel, right? I’m Reyna Lepidus. Daughter of Trivia.” She had a quiet, lilting voice that was somewhat enchanting.
“Goddess of magic, right?” Reyna nodded. Up close, Percy noticed that her eyes had gold flecks in them, giving the illusion that they sparkled. He also noticed that they were shadowed and had a defeated look in them.
“What’s wrong?” Percy was truly concerned.
“I’m pretty sure that I’m not supposed to tell you, but...whatever. You’ve sat in on a council meeting, right?” Percy nodded. “Well, you’ve probably noticed that Max, son of Mars led it. That’s because our camp leader has been missing for three days. His name is Jason Grace, son of Jupiter. He’s been going here since he was three. You also probably noticed that Hazel came in late. Well, she substituted for Jason since he’s gone. She and I were looking for him,” Reyna said sadly.
“No offense, but...why you?”
“Jason’s my boyfriend,” she replied softly.
Percy put a hand on her shoulder and she smiled sadly at him.
“Just one question. How did you come back from this quest alive?” He asked.
“I’m a good fighter and Hazel’s incredible.”
“No, I mean how did you survive Hazel’s snowstorm?” Reyna let out a laugh that lit up her face. A real smile changed her from cute to beautiful. Reyna got up to leave.
“Well, it was nice meeting you. See you around.” She waved at him and jogged off.
Percy sat by the lake, letting the breeze cool his face. He closed his eyes and let the peace and quiet wash around him. He sat like that for a while until he felt compelled to open his eyes. Under the surface of the water, he saw a green light glowing. Not exactly knowing what he was doing, he dived in. He swam to the green light and found that the lake was much deeper than he had expected, though the pressure didn’t bother him. Twenty feet, thirty feet, forty feet...he was comfortable. Percy saw that the green light was actually very long and thin. It was shining through a chasm at the floor of the lake. Percy wasn’t sure if it was his imagination going astray, but the chasm seemed to be getting wider. Only very slightly. Maybe a millimeter every five to ten minutes.
A cold rush of water bubbled from the chasm, leaving chills running up and down Percy’s spine. He shot out of the water faster than he thought was possible and landed on the dock. For some reason, he was completely dry. Percy knew he had to tell someone about the chasm, but he didn’t know who. Dakota would probably give him the cold shoulder, Reyna had enough problems, Lupa scared him, he barely knew Max, and Hazel would probably gut him on the spot. That left only one person. He had to talk to Aurora. As much as she scared him with her ability to find weaknesses. He shivered at the memory.
She was obviously extremely intelligent and capable, but she also wasn’t very warm. But he needed to tell someone. Percy stood on the dock, hoping to find her, but he couldn’t see her anywhere. Suddenly, out of nowhere, an invisible force was pulling him by the arm, ignoring his protests.The force dragged Percy all the way to the center of camp, at the base of a hill. Then, Aurora appeared in front of him, a Red Sox cap in her hand. That made his head hurt, just like Hazel did.
“What on earth...” Percy was extremely confused.
Aurora held up her hat and said, “Invisibility cap. Anyway, Lupa said to give you a tour of camp. I’d rather not, but I can’t ignore direct orders.” She turned and sprinted up the hill. Percy followed her until they reached the top.
“This is just the Hill. We have no other name for it, so we just call it the Hill. You can see most of camp from here. The camp is centered around that fountain over there. It’s shaped like a spiral.” Aurora pointed a finger to a beautiful fountain modeled after a god that Percy didn’t recognize. “That’s our where we honor the gods each morning. You haven’t been a part of that ritual yet at Lupa’s request. You’ll notice that surrounding the temple are tables. That’s for dining. Surrounding the dining area are the cabins. Each cabin for a different god. Around the cabins are the training facilites: climbing wall, obstacle course, archery range. All spear, sword, knife, and whatever other weapons people might use, fighting classes are held in a huge field behind the cabins. Then, there’s the Ring. The Ring is completely separate from the circle. It’s behind all the other training facilities and it’s enormous. Inside the ring is the arena where gladiator fights take place. That’s where you fought. Then, there’s the woods for Capture the Flag and the lake. So welcome to Legion Camp. Later!”
Aurora seemed to be ecstatic to leave and ran off before Percy stopped her.
“Wait!” He called and ran after her. “Wow, you’re fast. Wait, please! I need to talk to you!” She sighed and turned, tapping her heel and looking bored.
“What do you want?” Percy told her about the light and the chasm he had seen. As Aurora heard more and more, her eyes became bigger and bigger.
“So what do you think it means?”
“Hopefully not what I think,” she replied. She swiveled, her long hair slapping Percy across the cheek. Aurora began a brisk walk to which Percy had to jog to keep up with.
“Wait! Please! Why was it there?” Percy begged.
Aurora stopped in her tracks and looked at Percy straight in the eye with her cold grey stare. Headache. She bit her lip and said,
“Let me just get something straight. I may not trust you but I know you are important. Just know that I have a knack for knowing what will keep me alive, and I have a compulsion that you might. What I tell you now, I say in the strictest confidence. These words will never be said again by you. Understand?” Percy nodded.
“Do you know why Rome fell?”
“Kind of but not really,” Percy replied, feeling like an idiot.
“The main reason was that Rome suffered from a lot of internal problems, the main one being that the empire split into two: the Byzantine Empire and the Western Roman Empire. For a while, Roman demigods were split until Lupa united us. Since then, we’ve been brought together but there are usually conflicts. You see, we’re slightly different. The children of the Western Roman Empire are more warlike, fiercer. The Western Roman Empire was there in the beginning, the founding of Rome. Rome rose to power by military force, so their armies had to be absolutely incredible. Towards the end of the time of the Romans, the Byzantines came along. Their ruler had grown soft, so its children are usually slightly, and only slightly, less warlike.
“You can see the difference in the council, or even in my cabin. I’m a Western Roman, but for example, my half-brother Bobby is Byzantine. He’s less harsh than I am, less cold. I don’t know if you met Reyna, but she is also a Byzantine. Hazel is Western Roman but her half-brother, Ja-nevermind. Anyway, when the camp was first founded, it was split into two sections, each housing the two types of demigods. Then, about two centuries ago, the gods destroyed the Byzantine section and Neptune filled a lake over it. They wanted to bring us together. That’s the lake you saw the light in.”
“But what does that have to do with-”
“My best guess is that some old force didn’t know that that section of camp was destroyed, so they’re trying to get through,” Aurora finished grimly.
“What force do you think it is?” Percy asked.
“To that, I have no answer. Many theories, though, each more insane than the next.” Percy had one more question that he was itching to ask, though he saw Aurora’s apprehension.
“Just one more question, I swear.”
“Fine.”
“Why do you think it’s here? Does it have something to do with Jason’s disappearance?” Aurora sighed and looked more worried than ever.
“Jason disappeared three days before you showed up. That’s why you were treated like a prisoner; we normally would have been nicer. Not much nicer, but slightly.”
“So what are you saying?”
“I don’t know whether it has to do with Jason or you, but I do know one thing: something is coming for us.”
Also, how do you go onto a new page?
big smile
I'm sorry I haven't posted. Please don't give up on me yet! I had family coming into town and didn't have a chance to finish my chapter.
hace más de un año dezzypoo said…
heart
SWEET! i LOVED it
smile
I like it too i hope u keep posting more i didn't see it the other day so i couldn't read it sorry but i love it
but the Bzyantines and romans still worshipped the same gods and were modeled after rome
big smile
@everyone- Thanks! You have no idea what your comments mean to me.
@AmazingPercy- I know but that was around the same time the rulers became selfish and money-crazy, so I figured that it channeled through the armies. After all, bad general, bad soldiers (for the most part). Just my weird logic at work.

I'm sorry for the wait but this chapter is long and action-packed (kind of). Enjoy!

Chapter 7-Aurora
Aurora was extremely unnerved. Strange things were happening at camp. First, Jason disappeared, then Percy showed up. Next, Percy had beaten their best fighter and saw the light. Something was definitely on the way, and Aurora was really and truly hoping it wasn’t what she thought.
The rest of the day was a blur. Aurora trained and trained without really putting her heart into it. The next thing she knew, she was standing in the woods, suited up for Capture the Flag. On her team was the Mercury, Mars, Venus, Trivia, and Bacchus legions. Not Jupiter, though. With Hazel on her team, they would’ve taken the game immediately. Oh, well, she thought. Even without Hazel, they were in pretty good shape.
Just as Aurora was gathering up her team for strategy, Percy ran in yelling,
“Am I late? Don’t start without me!” He received a few eye rolls and snickers.
“No, you’re not late,” Aurora replied quietly. “Let’s begin! The strategy we’re going to be using tonight is very simple yet very elaborate. Let’s start on defense. Jade, take the Venus legion and put them in the trees on the front line. Jade and Arden, rove the legion.” Jade and her second-in-command, Arden nodded. Aurora did a little happy dance in her head; Jade understood!
“Behind them, we’ll have Bacchus. You two will take jail. Next, Trivia and Mercury Reyna and Dakota, you’re flag guards. The rest of you, you’re patrolling the back lines. Everyone understand?”
“What about us?” the Mars legion protested.
“Yeah, and us?” cried her siblings.
“I was just getting to that. Bobby, lead a decoy to the left flank. Max, the same to the right.” The Mars legion exchanged many high-fives and grins.
“What about you? And what about him?” Arden asked, nudging towards Percy.
“As you can see, this whole plan is about confusion. So, I decided to take that one step further. The main idea behind it is this.” Aurora held up her Red Sox cap. “Percy and I will be going to retrieve the flag. I will be wearing my hat, Percy will be visible. We’ll push through the territory together. Then, when we get the flag we’ll start running back. Percy will pretend to be overwhelmed by the other team, so he’ll be fighting them then quietly hand off the flag to me. Once he’s captured, I’ll be running back and halfway to the border, where they’ll have no chance of catching me.” Everyone fell silent for about ten seconds until they began ranting.
“Aurora, do you know how risky this is?”
“Are you insane?”
“Aurora, you know I think you’re brilliant, but this is idiotic and you know it.”
The only person not saying a word was Percy. He only grinned and gave her a thumbs-up.
“Get in formation,” was the only thing she said. The campers started shaking their heads sadly. She heard some people whisper that they were going to lose. Percy pulled her aside and said,
“Aurora, this is by far the most brilliant thing I have ever heard.”
“Thanks. But let’s start.”
Aurora went and checked on the front line, making sure Jade was actually there. She was. She walked up to the stream and splashed cold water on her face. It woke her up immediately. She tightened her ponytail and the straps of her armor. Aurora checked to make sure that her knife was on her arm and her bow at her back.
“Hey, what’s that?” Percy asked.
“What’s what?”
“Your tattoo,” He said pointing to it. She positioned her arm so that he could see it fully.
“I’m sorry, I forgot to explain it to you. Whenever a demigod is claimed, Lupa burns the tattoo on your arm. The bar code explains how many years you’ve been at camp, the SPQR is the motto of the old Roman Empire, and the animal on top is the symbol of your godly parent. In my case, it’s Minerva, so I get an owl. I’ve been at camp since I was five and I’m now fifteen, so I get ten lines.”
“Oh,” Percy said looking slightly fazed, “So when I get claimed, I get to get my skin burned?”
“Basically.”
“So...does it hurt?” He asked apprehensively.
Aurora nodded and said, “Like nothing you’ve ever felt before.”
“Wonderful, I love pain!” He replied, to which Aurora raised her eyebrow. He muttered something about an apology and she rolled her eyes.
“Let’s get ready,” She said, “The conch horn should be blowing any min-” The conch horn blew. Aurora pulled her cap on her head and pulled Percy back behind a tree.
“Decoys first!” She whispered. Percy nodded. Aurora sat at the base of the tree and waited. When an enemy camper came by, she stuck out her foot and tripped him. The Venus campers took him to jail.
“Can we go yet?” Percy asked quietly.
“Wait ten more seconds.”
“Now! I’ll be right beside you.” They took off into the lush green woods.
Aurora looked up and smiled at the slowly darkening sky. Aurora loved the nighttime. It was the ultimate cover. She sprinted along before remembering to keep up with Percy. Aurora slowed her pace. Finally, after what seemed like years of running, they pushed through enemy territory. Aurora heard swords clanging nearby. Good. The decoys worked. She took the cap off her head and slapped it on Percy’s before he could say anything.
“What are you-”
“Shh!” She placed a hand over his mouth and he nodded.
“I’m going to scout. Stay here. I mean it.”
Swiftly and gracefully as a cheetah, she ran silently across the blanket of trees. All of the sudden, a white flake fell from what seemed to be the sky. Then another. Another. Another. Snow. What on earth...she thought. She caught one flake in her palm just to be sure. This had to mean something. She ran a hand through her dark ponytail and more flakes fell out of it. She shook her head and ran along. Worry about that later, she thought to herself.
Along the way to the flag, someone spotted her, as she was a dark figure in the white background. Curse the snow to Pluto! She notched an arrow and shot him in the leg, where he fell and writhed in agony. She grabbed a roll of duct tape that she always kept in her pocket and slapped some to his mouth. Finally, she placed him behind a tree. He would be okay there for a while.
Aurora hastily climbed up to her favorite tree and peered through the tall branches. It stood so tall that if she climbed high enough, she could see the whole enemy camp. The flag was guarded by Hazel. That would certainly make their job harder. Hazel was almost never fooled by her cap. Aurora sighed and jumped down. She ran all the way back to Percy. She put the cap back on her head.
“Hazel is guarding the flag. You better be on your guard.”
“I beat her before, though,” he replied somewhat cockily.
“That’s not enough. When you beat her that other time, she hadn’t gotten any sleep in about three days. Now, she’s well-rested, well-fed, and trained,” Aurora said grimly. She grabbed his arm and he charged off. Aurora led him to the area where they had placed the flag. She pushed him behind a tree before Hazel turned around. Hazel perked up and cocked her head to the left, her ear pushed towards Percy. Aurora nudged Percy and he walked straight up to Hazel.
As fast as lightning, Hazel flipped her coin and it came up as a lance. She shot it straight up in the air where a bolt of lightning arched through it. She slowly lowered it so that it was pointing straight at Percy. Her cold eyes were truly frightening. Aurora always admired her for her flair for drama. She played the part of the hardened warrior well. Then again, she was the part. Percy uncapped his pen and charged her. The weapons clanged against each other, the bronze and gold clashing, as if they weren’t supposed to be forced together.
As the battle raged on, groups of Red Team soldiers filed in the area. The lightning must have been a signal. When the surrounded Percy, Hazel stepped back triumphantly, smiling slightly. Even the slightest bit of the harshest smile made her look better. Percy did an incredible job of looking stumped. He did the natural thing: he charged them.
While the swords clanged and the battle cries were shouted out, Aurora sneaked around and grabbed the flag. She started running back before she realized something: she wanted to watch. She found her tree and swung up to the top. The scene was so confusing and hilarious, Aurora couldn’t help but smile. Finally, they managed to get Percy on the ground. They bound his hands and feet. Something about Percy scared Aurora. Some unnatural power guarded him. It seemed that when she, Hazel, and even the Red Team fought him, he wasn’t giving his all. It seemed that he was capable of fighting much better, if that was even possible. She focused on the scene and yelped in alarm. They had started to realize the flag was gone.
Aurora scrambled down the tree and ran at full force back to the border. The team had already started catching up with her. When she was about two feet away from the line, she took off her cap and grinned mischievously at them . She raised an eyebrow, daring someone to run after her and took the final step to her side. Aurora raised the silky banner above her head and ran a victory lap. Her team filed out of their posts and lifted her on their shoulders, screaming,
“Aurora! Aurora! Aurora!”
She tilted her head to the snow and laughed, feeling as though nothing could touch her. Nothing could beat her.
hace más de un año ShaileeBug said…
big smile
Loved it! :-) Good job :-)
hace más de un año Zobar said…
heart
Loved it!!!!!! ^^
big smile
Awesome loved it !!! The chapter was amazing !! :DDDDDDD
heart
Aww. You guys! I'll probably post within the next few days. Hopefully.
smile
It was great! You gotta love duct tape:)
hace más de un año AnnabethC said…
big smile
This is awesome! Question: Are you going to do any chapters from Camp Half Blood? Just curious! Love the story!
big smile
This is soooooo good!! I luv it.
hace más de un año daughterofTerra said…
tongue
plz post soon
I'll post tomorrow (probably). I need to finish writing the next chapter. Also, I just read the new synopsis/sneak peek. I really don't feel like rewriting everything because I've had these ideas for a while. So please, no people telling me I've done something wrong or that I'm missing characters. Just getting that out there.
big smile
Jus like me, didn't want to change, it's good, and yes ur post in tomorrow
Hi! Sorry I didn't post yesterday. But I'm posting now! Just gotta answer questions...well actually only one but still.
@AnnabethC- No, probably not.

So...here it is. It's kinda short and kinda boring but they're leaving on their quest soon.

Chapter 8-Aurora
After the triumph of Capture the Flag, Aurora started to go back to the cabin. She found she was exhausted. After she showered and changed into a clean pair of jeans and purple shirt. Aurora started walking to the bonfire. She was excited for the bonfire. They only had it once a week; Lupa felt that too much pleasure led to too much laziness.
Everyone usually looked forward to the fire. It gave them a chance to stop being soldiers, to actually be...kids. It was easy to forget. Besides, demigods were usually claimed at the fire. That was probably the only reason Lupa allowed them. But that night, Aurora was especially excited. Maybe something would come up about Percy. As a child of Minerva, Aurora always wanted answers. She was almost to the fire pit before she saw lights still on in the Jupiter cabin. Aurora went inside and saw Hazel lying on her bed, fully clothed, curled up in a tiny ball. Unbelievable. She was sleeping.
“Get up!” She yelled before Hazel could protest. “Up!” She pulled the deep blue comforter from under Hazel. Hazel tumbled to the ground and groaned. Aurora started to lift her by her hair before she screamed and kicked her in the gut with her heavy combat boot. Aurora grunted and stumbled back. She wanted to punch her back but she knew that Hazel would win the fight.
“Hazel,” Aurora said slowly, like she would to a child. “The world does not end when you lose a stupid, practice fight and a stupid, practice game. No one is any less scared of you. Just get off your lazy, well, not lazy, but lazy butt and go to the fire!”
“Why should I go? I don’t care if some eight-year-olds get claimed and I definitely don’t care if he gets claimed! I don’t want to put on a fake smile and walk out there. Just leave me alone, Aurora,” she said with wave of her hand.
Aurora simply said, “You don’t smile.”
Hazel rolled her eyes and growled, “Okay, okay. You win.” She started to walk out the door before Aurora grabbed her back by her shirt.
“What now?”
Aurora said nothing. She shoved Hazel in front of her and yanked out the elastic holding her hair up. Hazel’s long, white-blond locks tumbled down her back. Aurora turned her around and said,
“Perfect! You actually look like a teenager, not a flight attendant!” Hazel swiveled on her heel and left the cabin, her hair swishing behind her. Aurora smiled slightly and thought, Score! Aurora caught up with her and they went to fire together.
They were quite a sight, looking completely opposite. Aurora had black, stick straight hair, Hazel had blond wavy hair. Aurora was tall and graceful, Hazel was tiny and powerful. Aurora fought with a bow, Hazel fought with a sword. But in terms of personalities, they were kindred spirits. Both very hardened and seemingly harsh (well, actually harsh in Hazel’s case) with a layer of pain underneath the toughness. Aurora was just better with people.
The two sat down on a well-worn log and waited for Lupa to begin. Finally, a woman in full armor was walking towards them; Lupa in human form. She nodded at some eight-year-old and he lit the fire.
“Now,” Lupa said, “Onto business.” Normally, there would have been one brave soul who would call out ‘But what about marshmallows?’ but that night, everyone felt something sinister brewing.
“First matter, Jason Grace.” She looked pointedly at Hazel and Reyna. Reyna stood up and addressed everyone.
“We will return on our quest to look for him. Expect us back within three or four days.” Lupa nodded and moved on.
“Next issue, Percy Jackson. The praetors have seen fit to let him prove his worth, which he now has. He is allowed to stay alive until he performs a quest for the benefit of camp. Since no quests are coming up for that matter-”
“There are!” Percy exclaimed and told Lupa the story of the chasm.
Lupa looked troubled and nodded.
“Wait!” Gwen called out, “He hasn’t even been claimed yet!”
“Yes, he has,” Lupa replied. “Show them.”
Percy smiled slightly and looked around. Aurora sat up in her seat. He turned towards the lake in the distance and raised his arms. A huge wave came crashing down. Then he lifted his arms up higher and the lake started spinning. It spun and spun until the whole lake was lifted out of the water, into a mini-hurricane. He held it there for about three more seconds before it all came crashing down.
The campers, some grudgingly and some excitedly, kneeled on their knees and bowed, saying,
“All hail Percy Jackson, Son of Neptune.”

Oh, and thanks for all the nice comments. They really give me a boost!
hace más de un año 3rdCj2ndCJR said…
heart
Love the story. It is Perfect. You are good at writing.
surprise
You actually look like a teenagervnot a flight attendant, haha that got me, and wow, nice chapter, it's awesome, terrific, awestruck, creative, tell me wen ur gonna post again and nice clffy
hace más de un año OsnapitzJJ said…
OK I LOVE THIS!!!!!!
big smile
Awesome I loved it and ^^ I agree I was laughing at that can't wait for the next chapter :P
smile
I'm with everyone above

Great story, better then my three or four attempts at the son of neptune
Haha!!
big smile
I'm going to post tomorrow (probably). The comments make me feel really GREAT! Thanks!

I just realized that I used the big smile emote a lot. I'm just happy.
big smile
Im glad. Cause I really need to read something. Soon;) Keep posting. -OsnapitzJJ
hace más de un año percyjobsession said…
that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! post asap
tongue
I'm posting! This chapter is long and very important. Enjoy (hopefully)!

Chapter 9- Gavin
Gavin wasn’t quite sure where he stood with Percy. He didn’t really think that the whole camp-splitting thing was really about Percy. It was about Hazel. As usual. The fans of Hazel vs. the haters. Gavin wasn’t really either one so he didn’t know where he stood. He understood Hazel’s bitterness. He did. But it was childish.
But he had always sensed something else. Something beneath the petty resentment she felt for Jason. Being the son of the god of prophecy, his instincts were especially accurate. Some sort of pain lingered behind her. It made Gavin sympathize with her, though he felt her bitterness towards Jason was somewhat misdirected. It made taking sides very difficult.
Percy looked uncomfortable when Lupa motioned for him to sit. He looked around for an empty seat until he locked eyes with Gavin. Gwen was sitting with her praetor friends so Gavin was alone. Percy sat down awkwardly and smiled nervously at Gavin. Gavin smiled back and said,
“So...how’s life?”
“Alright. I’m pretty sure that Hazel wants to kill me but...whatever.” He looked up. “Oh, and add Lupa to that list.”
Gavin looked at her as she was shooting daggers at Percy. Percy raised his eyebrows, held a finger to his lips, and nodded. Gavin held back a snicker but shut up when Hazel glared at him. Lupa cleared her throat and continued.
“Now that that is out of the way, we can get down to business. As Percy told us, a chasm has appeared in the lake. We need a quest. First, however, we need theories on this chasm. Anyone?” She looked at the Minerva legion pointedly. Aurora’s arm shot in the air immediately and everyone sighed. Lupa nodded.
Aurora stood up and started pacing.
“At 362 B.C., a great chasm appeared in the Forum of Rome. To those of you who don’t know,” Aurora looked straight at Jade and Percy before continuing. “the Forum was the main square where all market transactions, meetings, etcetra, were held. The chasm appeared because the people didn’t offer enough sacrifices. It was believed that the chasm led into the Underworld.” The campers started to looked uneasy.
“Then, a man named Curtius Marcus jumped on horseback into the chasm,”
“Smart,” said Percy.
“And was never seen again,” Aurora said, looking straight at Percy. He gulped.
How was it that Aurora knew absolutely everything? She was exactly like Hermione Granger, only more temperamental. Even Lupa was impressed.
“So you think that this chasm is like the one that appeared two thousand years ago?” Bobby asked.
“I think this chasm is the one that appeared two thousand years ago.”
“So it is clear what must happen,” Lupa said ominously. The Minerva legion nodded, but everyone else let out a chorus of ‘No.’ Aurora rolled her eyes.
“Percy is a son of Neptune and he saw the chasm in the lake. That means he can go underwater and into the chasm without drowning. If the Gian-nevermind.” Lupa flashed her a look and Aurora nodded slightly. Gavin had given up trying to understand their interactions a while ago. Percy nudged him and give him a what-the-what? look. Gavin shrugged.
Hazel cleared her throat and said, “Basically, we need a quest.” There were nods all around the fire.
“You!” Lupa pointed to the kid who lit the fire. “Go tell Audrey to come.” The kid gave a slight bow and stumbled out, tripping over his oversized boots.
Percy leaned over to Gavin and whispered, “Who’s Audrey? I haven’t met her yet.”
“Audrey’s our Sybil.”
“Syllable?” Percy asked dumbly.
“Sy-bil. Sybil. She’s our priestess and gives prophecies. She carries the spirit of the god Apollo, my father,” Gavin replied patiently.
“Oh, you mean an Oracle.”
“No...” Gavin stared at him strangely. “The Oracle passed on her spirit to the Sybil when the Roman gods took over.” Percy nodded but didn’t look convinced.
“Anyway,” Percy said, “What’s the deal with Hazel? I mean, other than the fact that she looks like she’s sucking a lemon all the time.” Gavin swallowed.
“She kind of has it rough. I mean, she’s been on eight quests, has killed/defeated more Titans, gods, and monsters than anyone can remember, has more than enough leadership skills to get the whole camp going, and is one of the best fighters I’ve ever met, but she isn’t the leader.”
“Why not?”
“Jason is. Don’t get me wrong, he’s done all the same stuff. But Hazel’s never lost, you see. You don’t have to like her at all, but you feel safe with her.”
“Why is Jason the leader?” Percy asked.
“Hazel’s three weeks younger.” Percy whistled.
“That really sucks.” Gavin nodded and said,
“I mean, it does, don’t get me wrong, but she’s too intelligent to be that pissy about something that petty. I think there’s something else. I know how she feels, though. My twin sister, Gwen, is the praetor of our legion because she was born two minutes before I was. In this camp, getting ahead is everything, even when you can’t control it.”
Percy was about to answer when the eight-year-old came running back in, toting Audrey in his left hand. She was wearing a pair of duckie pajama pants hastily tucked into a pair of boots and a big, I Heart Algebra Club, T-Shirt. It looked fairly new. Laughs circulated throughout the fire. She didn’t looked fazed.
Audrey sat on the empty log reserved for her and stared straight at Percy and Gavin. She looked away quickly.
“Audrey, we are assigning a quest,” said Lupa. “Percy Jackson, son of Neptune, has seen a chas-”
“I know,” Audrey said quietly, “I’ve had a dream about that. So you need a prophecy.”
Lupa, Percy, and Aurora nodded.
“Well you’ve come to the right place,” Audrey joked with a smile. She stood and looked at Percy. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then, she opened them and they were an unnatural green. She opened her mouth and green smoke spiraled out of it, swirling around Percy.

Son of Neptune, you shall lead this quest,
Taking an owl, a sun, and leaving the rest.
One shall be lost, only to be found,
When the other is swallowed whole by the ground.
But Son of Neptune, beware the earth,
For the Giants revenge, the Seven shall birth.

My poetry isn't that great, so forgive me. Whatd'ya think?
big smile
Its awesome! I loved it!:) Can't wait!
hace más de un año sylviakitty348 said…
heart
oh my gods. This is so GOOD!! i cant believe i didnt find this sooner! i love how you decided to keep Percy's humour going, a lot of fanfics made him all serious and stuff. And you got his personality perfectly! i swear! your prophecy is great, better than most of the ones i read, and ive read a TON of fics, lol. i dont know why 5,000 people arent reading this, keep going, its so good!! :D
Thank you so much! Sylvia, thank you. I was really worried I had his personality all wrong. Thanks again. I'll post again tomorrow or the day after that.
hace más de un año rapunzeleah123 said…
surprise
Athena--

Your fanfic is amazing. I'm writing two right now, and they aren't half--no, a quarter--as good as yours. I wish I had your skills :)

Leah ;)
surprise
Oh my gosh!!!!! That is soooo good!!!!! I luv ur fanfic!!! It's awesome, terrific,! Its it's it's

I'm blank, it's tooo good!
Luv the prophecy it's really good and the last line the seven copy and paste
Jk jk
Oh yeah, I wanted the quests to be somewhat similar. I'm glad you picked up on that. ;)
smile
Cool I love it, plz post soon
It one of my top five favs
hace más de un año pink-bookworm said…
Your fanfic is so good can't wait for the next chapter
laugh
You guys seriously make my day. I'm so happy right now!

This chapter is, again, slightly uneventful, but there's a few things introduced in it. Also, something about Gavin is revealed, if you haven't figured it out yet. Enjoy (hopefully)!

Chapter 10- Gavin
Gavin sat there, his mouth hanging open. He closed it quickly. Some campers picked Audrey up and put her back on her log, as she had collapsed. Gavin looked over at Percy to see how he was doing. He looked alright, which was surprising. Lupa cleared her throat before the mutterings could begin.
“The prophecy is quite clear. We just need to know who to take.”
Percy spoke up. “An owl is a child of Ath-Minerva and a sun is a child of Apollo.”
“Anyone in particular you would like to take?” Lupa asked. Percy shook his head.
“Alright, then, we’ll just have him take the praetors. Aurora, Gwendolyn-”
“Wait! Wait!” Gavin cried out. “I feel like I’m supposed to go!”
Everyone was stunned from such an outburst. Gavin usually kept to himself. He looked around nervously.
“Why do you feel this way, youngling?” Lupa asked.
“I don’t know. But my father is the god of prophecies. I think it’s safe to say my instincts are reliable.
“Very well. Gwendolyn, I’m sorry, you will not be taking this quest.” Gwen nodded, looking somewhat relieved. Gavin couldn’t blame her. After all, one of the two quest members were supposed to be swallowed up or lost.
“When will we leave?” Aurora asked.
“At daybreak tomorrow. Now go to sleep!” Lupa waved a hand over the fire and the flames disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
Gavin was hoping that for once, just for once, he would get a good night’s sleep. But wishful thinking never worked on him. He dreamed that he was in an enormous cave. In the center of the cave was a lump of dirt. A man was standing with his back to Gavin, talking downwards, as if he saw something on the floor.
“The plan is working, my lady. We report success. All we need is the Council to spread the word.” The woman replied with a somewhat sleepy voice,
“Yes, but they are sending a quest. They sense something.”
“Which one of them?” The man asked with a chuckle.
“Both.” The man slumped slightly and said,
“Well, we already have people on our side stopping the them, now we need to focus our attention on the Roman batch.”
“Agreed. Make their journey...difficult. Just be sure to-” Her voice faltered.
“What is it, my lady?” He looked around.
“We are being watched, my dear.” The man turned so his face was facing Gavin. Gavin completely panicked, as there was nothing he could do. The man picked up a lump of dirt and threw it in Gavin’s face.
Gavin woke up, flustered and sweaty. He looked at the time. It was nearly 2:00 a.m. Gavin needed a breath of fresh air, so he walked outside. He went to the fountain, because he wanted to splash himself with some water, but remembered what they had done to Jade when she had done that.
Instead, he went to the lake. But he wasn’t alone. Hazel was sitting on the dock. She was wearing a pair of black and blue checkered pajama pants with a black tank top. Her pale hair was stuffed into a messy bun that looked like it would fall out any minute. Without turning around, she said,
“I want to be alone, Gavin.”
“I came here for the same reason you did,” He replied, throwing his hands up in surrender.
Hazel scoffed and said, “I highly doubt that.” Gavin shrugged.
“Join you?” He could hear his heart pounding as he waited for an answer. She shook her head, but Gavin sat down anyway.
“So, what was your dream about?” He asked nervously. She gave him a look.
“Like I would tell you,” she said icily.
“A guy can dream. No pun intended.” Hazel rolled her eyes and punched him on the shoulder. Hard.
“Ow!” Gavin cried out.
“That hurt?” Hazel raised an eyebrow sceptically. “That was really light.”
“My gods, you’ve got strong arms!” Hazel shrugged.
“Sorry.” Hazel stood up.
“Wait, where are you going?” He could hear the pathetic desperation in his voice.
Hazel looked at him, clearly confused.
“Back to my cabin.” She said it as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. Gavin nodded and looked away as she jogged back. When he was certain Hazel was gone, he stood up and walked to the railing of the dock. He grabbed it with both his hands and banged his head on it hard.
“Idiot,” he muttered. He heard a giggle and turned in alarm. He wasn’t sure if it was his head, but he could have sworn he’d seen a girl in black and blue pajama pants running away. But it couldn’t be Hazel. She had already left and she didn’t giggle. Gavin sighed and went back to his cabin. He would need at least a few hours of sleep before going on the quest. But when his head touched the pillow, he found he wasn’t tired in the least.
He wanted to go for a run or practice a bit; he had so much energy. But he didn’t want to wake up his cabin since both required either changing or getting weapons ready, which somehow always made noise. Gavin lay back in his bed, twiddling his thumbs. He didn’t know how long he lay there, but he did know he had created at least twenty haikus, each worse than the last. His father would be proud. Finally, the slightest bit of sun peeked in through the blinds. He nearly danced for joy, until he remembered what he was about to do.
Gavin quickly changed clothes and hunted down a backpack. Inside it, he put a hunting knife, several packets of food, a canteen filled with nectar, and a baggie of ambrosia. He slid his bow inside the quiver of arrows and put them in the backpack. He slung his backpack over one shoulder and walked out. He met up with Percy, Aurora, and Lupa (who was now in wolf form) at the lake. Percy and Aurora didn’t look as though they had gotten much sleep either.
“Well, younglings,” Lupa said. “The time has come. Jackson, are you ready?”
He nodded confidently.
“Then, may the gods be with you.” Lupa said a blessing in Latin and howled. Gavin, Percy, and Aurora stepped up to the edge of the dock, looking at each other nervously.
“Percy,” Aurora said nervously, “We can’t breathe underwater. Can you-” He nodded and jumped. Aurora shrugged and jumped after him. Gavin took one look back at camp and jumped into the murky waters.

Whatd'ya think?
hace más de un año rapunzeleah123 said…
laugh
That was AWESOME!!!! I swear, you and HecateA are probably tied for my two favorite authors on here!!! :D I laughed really hard when Gavin was like, "Idiot."
Girl in black and blue pajama pants? Hm. Mysterious. XD