camioneta, van Morrison Van's Background

Darango_Mustafa posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 04:22AM
Do you think is hampered by his background? Or does it provide a rich vein for his lyrics? I think it's definitely helped him.

camioneta, van Morrison 17 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año PaulPaul1975 said…
Van has grown rich on his talent. But his working class background probably means he likes things like suede wallpaper, Australian soap operas, line dancing, pizzas, beauty pageants and other tacky things.
hace más de un año nasty_girl said…
does anyone know if the great man likes monster trucks? I find working class people like that kind of thing.
hace más de un año Micah_Gidro said…
I am working class and I like collecting beer cans, motor sport and unhealthy food. I hope Van does too.
hace más de un año Michael_Kelton said…
Sounds like some people here are trying to get Van in their collecting hobby group. The only thing Van collects are fans.
hace más de un año Kent_Uzziah87 said…
Van is nouveaux riche. You can buy class. Basically you hire someone to make sure your mansion conforms to whatever notions of style are current. I would like to talk to his cook. I'm sure he hasn't left Northern Ireland's terribly unhealthy food culture behind.
playfulotter commented…
Well...you can buy material things but tu really can't "buy class"...LOL hace más de un año
playfulotter commented…
but in his own way I think camioneta, van has a lot of class...he does what he wants because he can.... hace más de un año
hace más de un año Cal_Avery said…
Van has some issues. He needs more social skills. He has been a truculent person since childhood. Does he get therapy?
hace más de un año Veedon_Stairway said…
We are all inventing new rules for the new middle class in the new millennium. It's all new. I'm loving having extra money to spend on useless crap. Little decorative bits of crap. I've got a decorator which helps me get rid of some of my huge salary. It's all new with new rules. I'm loving it and macaroons. Brightly coloured girl food. Love it.
hace más de un año shockjock88 said…
Van asks "what happened to the working class white?" That is on his 2912 album "Born to Sign".
hace más de un año JodieCaddy101 said…
Class isn't something you talk about - either you have it or you haven't.
hace más de un año Capt_Diddle said…
Class is a group of students or definite biological grouping. Fish need to be schooled about all this.
hace más de un año blind_orange said…
Does Van have class? His sense of humour onstage is very much working-class Brit.
hace más de un año Jon_Jon_2000 said…
Class or no class it doesn't matter! What's the point of going on if there is no God? No rules, no objective morality, no sense of purpose. All gone. Every thought or idea just an accident. Just a bag of molecules in motion says Richard Dawkins. There is no point in a world without God.
hace más de un año shockjock88 said…
I agree with every post on this forum. I'm an agreeable sort of chap. I make friends with the world and, guess what, the world smiles back, my friend. Birds sing to me. Automatic doors open up to me. I could go "double diamond" in less than three months.
hace más de un año Johnny-Reb1861 said…
I thought the Mexicans streaming over the border were the new working class. Now every college kid wants to be a vet or a CSI investigator or a youtube sensation or handbag designer or app creator. No one wants to get their paws dirty. Funny world.
hace más de un año Tab_Hunter said…
Question, folks. Is Van Morrison as crass a Frank Sinatra was? I've never thought of Mr. Morrison as racist for example.
hace más de un año Clive_Powell said…
Van grew up like me and millions of others. we had no money. We couldn't just make money making naff videos about eating all the different kinds of Oreos or dumb stuff like that. Van was busy writing poetry. Youtube has so man popular but dumb videos. Totally crass and dumb. DUM DUM DUM.
hace más de un año Nattyboy043 said…
Let's all wind it down and get into soul. We all agree that James Brown is better than Van?