camioneta, van Morrison camioneta, van o Sir Paul McCartney?

Ray_Le_Blanc posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 06:14AM
Who of these two leading lights of contemporary music do you think turns out the best albums? Of course, Sir Paul has had the most influence on contemporary music by a long way. Paul is a superstar while Van has a solid fan base that buys his albums and goes to his shows. However, right now, foregetting the past - who of these two still has more of the creative flame?

Maybe compare the last couple of albums for each.

camioneta, van Morrison 21 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Russell_Howard said…
Well Sir Paul's "Memory Almost Full" rocks more than Van has ever done. Both guys probably are well beyond their creative peaks, but I think Van has the easier time of it. Paul has to keep coming up with neat pop songs whereas Van just has to get into the groove of whatever muse is taking him at the moment.
hace más de un año rodstarr2001 said…
I am not familuar enough with Van the Man's recent album outings, I have heard some of his albums and they are pretty good especialy his hit songs, however I am not a big bluesy / Jazz fan and a lot of his stuff falls into this catagorie. However Paul I am very familure with. I personaly find Paul's latest albums very mature and musicaly creative, in fact I find his latest releases including "Chaos and Creation In The Backyard" and "Memory Almost Full" more interesting than his work with The Beatles (even though I still Love the Beatles.) So to sum up, despite the fact that Van is a truely great Artist, I would have to Say That Paul McCartney turns out a better album, of course this is my taste to, so to a real big Van fan of course they will Love Vans stuff.
hace más de un año SuzieQ83 said…
I like Van's music better. Paul's music is too clean. Too mainstream. I like oddstuff. Also I like performers that not many people know about. In my age group not many people know Van.
hace más de un año Dr_Watson said…
Paul was good when I was young but now I prefer more challenging artists. "Silly Love Songs" doesn't light my fire anymore.
hace más de un año Mitch_Healy said…
Sir Paul is an old song and dance man. Van fuses celtic soul and African roots like someone making a daisy chain. Sir Paul is pop, always looking for the hook. Van follows his muse anywhere it takes him. And that road doesn't lead to the town of 'Commercial Success'. No apologies here.
hace más de un año Tom_Eegret said…
I would love to see an album of Sir Paul's worst songs. That would be embarrassment in the extreme.
hace más de un año della401 said…
I like Van better. i think his music will sustain me as I get older. Something to listen to and talk about. Sir Paul is just rich.
hace más de un año Cal_Avery said…
Van is definitely more interesting. He's always surprising. Paul used up his massive supply of talent years ago. He has written 20 or so gems since 1970, but that isn't enough to keep buying his albums. Isn't Bob Dylan amazing?
hace más de un año missyox said…
Van really is interesting. Sir Paul is still trying to write the perfect pop song and the hooks ain't coming. Van's into a groove and follows his muse to where ever it takes him - country, soul, jazz, Irish, etc. Paul is just pop and rock with simple trite lyrics. Van's weird. Paul is your ultimate nice guy while Van is Mr Grumpy. To me that makes Van more real.
hace más de un año Eldrick-woods said…
Paul is just your normal nice guy. How did he do it? How did this billionaire keep his head together? So he spent a year on cocaine and got busted for weed in Japan? The man is a legend but I wouldn't buy any of his post-beatles albums. Too low in quality.
hace más de un año Reebus89 said…
Paul's bag of tricks dried up in the 70s. Van's still got it. His bag has some jute that he regularly throws on the burning ground.
hace más de un año Jon_Jon_2000 said…
I like Van's weirdness. It's sublime. (That's the word I'm using a lot this week.)
hace más de un año Veedon_Stairway said…
Van would never be given a knighthood. Think about it.
hace más de un año JodieCaddy101 said…
Paul's voice is shot. Van is incredible.
hace más de un año newlywed_game said…
van hasn't put out new material since 2008 keep it simple. it's over i'm afraid.
hace más de un año Vern_Tootle said…
I think everyone. Knows the answer to this one. It don't want to say it. Stop performing Paul. It is embarrassing.
hace más de un año Van_Floyd said…
I agree with Vernie. Van is better. Much better. Paul's is shot.
hace más de un año shockjock88 said…
This is the stuff I'm talking about. Crappy.
hace más de un año JitteryJake said…
I prefer Van. Van still has a great voice at 77. Paul is older and his voice is shot. Stop singing "I Saw Her Standing There". Bad for the vocal ropes.
hace más de un año RakheemM1994 said…
Neither. Give me Massive attack.
hace 10 meses Tab_Hunter said…
Define massive.