jameswilson posted on Aug 11, 2008 at 06:29AM
I'm sorry, but France, we SMASHED you.

That's what you get for being cocky.

:]

The Olympics 5 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año rachell_32 said…
Hahaha!

I was amazed with Lezak! I was on the edge of my seat, it was AWESOME! Take that France!
hace más de un año emma_728 said…
Australia is the best!!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI!!!!!!!!!!!!
hace más de un año EnjoyHuddy said…
HAHA Good for you USA!!!!but I hope that Italy will do the best in this Olympics!!
hace más de un año harold said…
Has anyone else been bothered by the US coverage of the Olympics, with all its emphasis on Michael Phelps from the beginning?

It's clear that the media outlets decided to package him as the big story for the Olympics well in advance, and so you get situations like the one that rachell_32 alluded to, above, where Lezak did an absolutely astonishing, superhuman feat, and all the commentators could talk about was Phelps. It's really irritating. But then, I've always been bugged by the skewed focus we get for events: in the US, for the most part we get to see the events in which the US is judged to have the strongest chances to win a medal, rather than the events that are most interesting to the viewers. Thus you never see any of the events that are quite amazing to watch but for which the US really has NO chance of getting a medal, like archery, or table tennis.

Oh well. I guess that's another reason to use video sharing sites.
hace más de un año fanscape360 said…
you can still have the highest medal count for the 2008 Games. Samsung, official Olympic Sponsor, has hidden gold all around the web, with prizes and $100,000. find yours at www.medalmania.com

AS, Medal Maniac