The Dark Knight Hospital Scene

georgelopezfan posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 05:14PM
Can somebody explain the Joker's speech to Harvey and how it was able to corrupt the White Knight?

The Dark Knight 8 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Frizzhead said…
big smile
He took himself out of harveys shooting point by saying he was just a mad dog and said that gordon was the reason rachel was dead so that is how he was corrupted ....because of his love for rachel
hace más de un año rawr100 said…
well, the joker means by this speech that anything can happen. he is trying to kill the batman, not harvey or rachel, but things didnt go acording to plan, so then everything went into chaos. if his plan went right, everyone would jost accept the fact that batman had died, but instead, an innocent person was killed, and gotham's "white knight" goes into a state of mixed hatred and denile. he denies the fact that he is evil, but he hunts and kills the people that killed rachel. the joker knew that after the death of rachel that harvey could be turned easily, which is why he gave the plan speech, and then finally told harvey to introdue some anarchy, which turned his nickname to a reality. the whiteknight turned evil. harvey two face.
hace más de un año Booshty said…
Also in Hospital scene there WAS 2 alternative cuts I saw somewhere ages ago before it came out of this scene. One take The Joker says "A couple of Bullets and a gallon of Gasoline....it was simpppllleee" something to that wording. Plus there was a part of it where he went on talking about "mortality" life and death stuff points of his views i guess. "We all live and we all die" type breif comments I think it was. But I heard after Heath died , Nolan and they felt that they HAD to go back in and cut that part out of the scene due to it being way to creepy ugly., and of course maybe bad taste in the way of bad timing to have it in the film.
he mentions the gasoline and bullets as like a simple (haha) admission directly right at Harvey closeish as in refrence to blowing burning something up previously in the movie , tempted to say the whole money burning scene but im not sure.
Plus 2 other things (HArvey Haha) , The origin according to the Joker of just "how" he got the scars on his face changed from person to person. He tells Mike J white in the y so serious scene , he got them from his father. When he enters the party he tells Maggie G He did it to himself to join in being mutilated as like his wife after the loan sharks he was involved with carved her face up. Which is it "Joker" huh....?
Also in the "Why so serious scene?" What the F happens right sec after the Joker pauses delivers line why so serious in casual tone , a boom of music happens , Mike J white collapses falls onto floor. Never seen again in the movie. WTF happened....? Even in theory the joker slashed his face open...uh...He wouldnt have died instantly , let alone quietly. That moment made NO sense to me , he had the razor in the guys mouth right? Then that happened or did i somehow f ing miss something? Huh?
And also blogereenos cant help but mention the Joker was seemingly the craziest but in most basic ways WAS telling the truth alot at times. $ example He predicts what will happen to Batman in the interragation scene. At the end Batman is on the run. Kind of just like The Joker said would happen.
In almost every scene The Joker is telling truths lots albeit dressed up in wacky gestures voice etc, but lot of what hye said seemed verey true.