Stormclan Lichenpaw's Tragedy

Edwin3 posted on Jul 22, 2010 at 02:53AM
Swiftbreeze padded quietly outside the camp, intent on a hunt and hoping to run into Lichenpaw. She hadn't seen her daughter all day, not since Shrewclaw had spoken to Sandpaw and her earlier. They had all three left camp together, but only Sandpaw and Shrewclaw had returned.

"She says she's fine and wants to hunt," Shrewclaw had said. But Swiftbreeze was having trouble believing that. Her daughter hadn't been herself lately, and she was worried. More worried than ever. Sandpaw seemed genuinely lifted from the father-daughter chit-chat and had been in a good mood for days, but Lichenpaw had seemed more sullen and had, afterward, simply vanished.

Stormstar was less than pleased. She had ranted and raved for a day, then afterward had muttered about how Lichenpaw would never get her name. But Swiftbreeze was convinced that something else was going on. Mother intuition, she guessed.

Intuition or not, she had to know for sure.

Walking out of the camp, she smelled something interesting. Lichenpaw. And blood.

Panic overwhelmed her instantly and she wondered in that moment why no one had smelled that before. Fernsniffer had gone out looking for her a short while ago, but said there was nothing there.

Running full speed, she came to the gorge and stared in shock. There, lying on the ground, was Lichenpaw.

Lichenpaw was dead.

They could hear her wail back at camp. Everyone could. There was no denying the instant that Daisyflower heard it that Swiftbreeze had found Lichenpaw. She knew the moment it reached her sensitive ears that something had gone wrong.

Everyone seemed to freeze. So did time.

"What was that?" asked Sandpaw, who had been pacing worriedly. Shrewclaw rose to his feet, no doubt in panic for his mate and lost kit.

"I don't know," Stormstar said thoughtfully. "But I don't like it. Tanglescar, take a patrol out NOW and find Swiftbreeze."

The third in command wasted no time. "Fireheart, Duskbreak and Pricklespots, Shrewclaw, and Lionpaw, come with me away!"

And off the cats went.

Swiftbreeze circled her kit despairingly. "Lichenpaw!" She screeched. "Come back! Come back!" Grief was something that couldn't be reached. Nothing could. She was numb of everything but panic. Make this work! Make this work! She remembered her mentor screaming it at her one day in training. You're gonna get dirty sometimes, but you have to make it work!

So that's what she'd do. Throwing herself on the ground, she scrambled to get to her kit's lifeline. Whatever that was.

She wasn't aware of anything. She didn't realize the warriors were behind her until she felt Shrewclaw brush her fur. "Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze. Swiftbreeze." He repeated and repeated it until he saw Lichenpaw.

Daisyflower remembered once when she was little, just a newborn, and Spruceleaf was out hunting to stretch her legs. She had paniced and kicked out at everything.

"It's okay, Daisykit," Bluefire had said. "Spruceleaf's just out for some air."

But when Spruceleaf returned, noticing her kit's panic, time had slowed down. Not really, but for Daisykit it had. She could remember looking up, opening her eyes for the first time and seeing her mother's shape in the entranceway, rushing toward her in slow motion before leaning down and licking her head.

"It's okay," she had said sweetly. "Mommy's back." But it had all been slowed down to near standstill. Now, even blind, Daisyflower could still see the look on Spruceleaf's face as a crying Daisykit had curled up to sleep with her. It was the one memory she kept closest and told no one.

That was how it felt when Lichenpaw was carried into camp. Body stiff as a board, but relaxing as rigor left. The stench of decaying rot filled the camp and the elder's den.

Everything was slow as Swiftbreeze came running in, screaming loudly for her dead daughter.

"Lichenpaw!" But it was deep and slow. Daisyflower put her head to her chest, remember the task Lichenpaw had set to do when Daisyflower had heard her last. "Let me clean that for you, Daisyflower. You'll get greencough and I don't want that." Surely with a cheery smile to go with it.

Sighing deeply, Daisyflower listened for Lichenpaw's voice, but heard nothing.

written by Edwin3 and Cara Lea. property of LeamanFamily.inc any and all use of this material without handwritten permission will be reported

Stormclan 261 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 261

hace más de un año Edwin3 said…
crying
No! Lichenpaw! Lichenpaw! Lichenpaw! *endless repeat* ~Swiftbreeze
hace más de un año flowergirl19 said…
surprise
stares in shock* who dd ths!? dappleberry
hace más de un año ferretandsilt said…
angry
*runs into camp and leaps onto Fernsniffer* You did this! You saw us talking in to woods the other day! I know about your treacherous behavior! TELL THEM! *bats at her and claws at her, tearing out clumps of fur and leaving long scars* ~Shrewclaw
hace más de un año Moonshine321 said…
crying
Shrewclaw! Stop! We don't know for sure wo exactly did this! And I know that we can all agree that losing Lichenpaw is a tradgedy to the Clan, but we can't blame someone unless we are completely sure of it.
--Pricklespots
hace más de un año Pennypatch321 said…
crying
L-Lichenpaw? Please, this isn't funny! Get up! You have to! *buries face in Lichenpaw's cold fur*
~Sandpaw
angry
*bares teeth at Pricklespots* You're a traitor for believing her lies! ~Shrewclaw
hace más de un año tanglebelly said…
*jumps on Shrewclaw and pins him the floor* Shrewclaw! you need to relax we'll get this strighten out! *lets him got * and what are you talking about exactly?
-Tanglescar-
angry
*stands shakily* Who knows! He's psychologically damaged because he was a BAD FATHER! ~Fernsniffer
last edited hace más de un año
angry
*struggles* I'll kill you you fox-dung! You killed Lichenpaw because she caught you in the act and you didn't want her to tell! You've been acting weird lately and WE ALL KNOW IT! ~Shrewclaw
*stares at Fernsniffer* Pricklespots! you Watch Fernsniffer and make sure she doesnt leave this camp!
-Tanglescar-
angry
*spits* Yeah right! I'VE been different! What about LICHENPAW!? She's been glooming around like the world owes her something! For all we know, she's a stuck up, snotty kid who killed herself for attention! ~Fernsniffer

*watches breakout and glares at Dogtail* Fernsniffer didn't do it! DOGTAIL DID! He raped her and didn't want her to tell, so he killed her to cover! I found his fur in her nest! ~Swiftbreeze

*looks at Swiftbreeze in shock* Well there! Dogtail killed her, you have a murderer! ~Fernsniffer
*looks at Shrewclaw with a questioning gaze* what act would this be Shrewclaw?
-Tanglescar-

*walks out of the medicine den and over to Sandpaw* why isnt Lichenpaw moving?
-Birchkit-
blush
*nods to Tanglescar, then turns to Swiftbreeze* How do you know this to be sure? We'll have to find some evidence at where you found Lichenpaw. We don't know what the true story is! We don't know if Dogtail raped her or not, we don't know if Lichenpaw caught Fernsniffer in the act or not. We can't say these things unless we are positive!
--Pricklespots
crying
I don't know! She ran off before she would tell me! But she said, exact words, "There is this one thing that Fernsniffer did. I caught her doing it. But she made me promise not to tell on my life." *glares triumphantly at Fernsniffer* There's no coincidence that Lichenpaw tells me this then ends up--freezes as situation finally takes a toll on him and breaks into tears* ~Shrewclaw
angry
*looks at Pricklespots* I am positive! ~Shrewclaw
hace más de un año TalaLeisu said…
angry
*blinks in shock* Wha? I did no such thing! ~Dogtail~
angry
*growls* Covering for his act! Why would I kill a Clanmate? I was BORN here! Raised here! Loved and lived here! What REASON would I have to kill her? The only real motive that you have is that Fireheart dumped me! and in that case I WOULD KILL FIREHEART, NOT LICHENPAW! ~Fernsniffer
angry
*glares and bares teeth in agreement* ~Swiftbreeze
*nods to Shrewclaw and lays his tail on his shoulders* least we are getting some where... *walks over to Swiftbreeze* Shrewclaw could really use your comfort right now...
-Tanglescar-

*laysdown next to Sandpaw* its ok Sandpaw..
-Birchkit-
angry
*growls at Swiftbreeze* You heard him, get to your husband. ~Dogtail~
hmmm
Well, maybe Fernsniffer did do it. I've had my wonders on her. On how she glared at Lichenpaw for no reason... She left the camp in search for Lichenpaw moments before Swiftbreeze left to go hunting, but Fernsniffer told everyone that she didn't find anything, but Swiftbreeze finds Lichenpaw dead, murdered. *looks at Swiftbreeze* Was the blood you smelled first, fresh?
--Pricklespots

*rolls eyes* more drama! xD
--Moonshine
*looks at Fernsniffer* why would you kill the one you loved and not the one who stole answer me that?
-Tanglescar-
angry
I wouldn't! And Lichenpaw had nothing to do with that anyway! I was OVER HIM! I wasn't going to kill anybody! ~Fernsniffer
So then, answer this question. Why did you randomly glare at Lichenpaw, and claim that you found nothing of her, only for Swiftbreeze to find Lichenpaw dead?
then why did you say you would kill Fireheart then? *says expressionless*
-Tanglescar-
hace más de un año lovejr08 said…
angry
Enough!Fernsniffer did not kill anyone!
-nightfright
hmmm
*looks at Stormstar* Stormstar, if I may, Can I talk to both Fernsniffer and Dogtail? Both at different times, and in private. I'll ask them both the same questions, and tell you about their answers. They are the only two suspects here, and I'm sure that we would all like to know who killed Lichenpaw...
--Pricklespots
thats true and you might want to do it before any more cats get hurt...
-Tanglescar-
hace más de un año SoyalaLeisu said…
sad
*stares blindly* I don't know what to think, right now. ~Daisyflower~
Oh! And if it's okay, I may bring in some more cats. So be aware people! And no sharing what the questions are! This may allow someone to think of a cover-up story!
--Pricklespots
*flicks ears* Yes, because I definitely snuck out of camp while no one was looking--which I checked with my own eyes first!--then killed my other self(my other character) then snuck back in again--checking with my eyes you see to make sure no one was looking my way--cleaned myself up and took a nap. It makes perfect sense! Just kidding. ~Soyala
laugh
I was talking about whoever are suspects, and/or get brought into questioning!
--Moonshine
laugh
I know. Why am I laughing? I'm dead!
hace más de un año StichxAngel4eva said…
it must b ur spirit whos talking & laughing then.
laugh
lol yeah, must be!
hace más de un año salamence42 said…
Lolz.
angry
Why is everyone laughing? An apprentice was killed! Do you find this funny? *glares at Fernsniffer* by one of our own. ~Dogtail~
angry
*growls* yeah, Do you know who? ~Fernsniffer
cloudy
*flash of light appears and Lichenpaw twitches* ohh *moans and grunts* ~Lichenpaw~
surprise
*glances at Lichenpaw* Wha- Lichenpaw?! How... How is this possible?? *runs up to Lichenpaw*
--Pricklespots
angelic
*twitches but falls down again, struggling to breathe* ~Lichenpaw~
crying
*looks out from the elder's den hearing Pricklespots scream* Pricklespots, Lichenpaw's dea- *notices Lichenpaw twitching* Lichenpaw! *runs up to Lichenpaw* You're alive!! Now we can go hunting together, and it will all be how it was before!
~Sandpaw
angelic
*twitches and moans* *falls still again*
crying
*notices Lichenpaw fall still* Lichenpaw? Lichenpaw! No! Don't leave me again!
~Sandpaw
surprise
*runs over to them* She's alive?! But she isn't alive! ~Daisyflower~
crying
Bu-but she was just moving! And moaning! We need to take her to Pinegrowth! She'll know what to do!
~Sandpaw
surprise
*flicks ears* Don't be fooled! This isn't Lichenpaw! ~Daisyflower~
crying
Who is it then?! It has to be Lichenpaw!
~Sandpaw
surprise
*twitches and screams* ~Lichenpaw~

NO! No it isn't! RUN!! Get away from her body! ~Daisyflower~
angry
*glares at Daisyflower* No! It IS Lichenpaw! She wouldn't hurt me! I'm staying right here!
~Sandpaw