scrubs Janitor's name

hunnylicious posted on Apr 20, 2007 at 06:06PM
does anyone know what the janitor's name is?? ( i mean the character not the actor)
last edited on Apr 20, 2007 at 06:06PM

scrubs 34 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año PkmnTrainerJ said…
It is simply 'The Janitor'. He has never been revealed as anything else.
hace más de un año hunnylicious said…
I know right ... but wouldn't you wanna know... they never really reveal anything about him. The most we know is that the reason he became a janitor is becuz his mom did something to him cuz his room was untidy and his dad is a more miserable version of him... everything else is a lie or we are led to never believe !!
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año Nav said…
I remember an ep where he wrote on a blackboard "Jan Itor", and he introduced himself as that once more, but I don't remember when... :)

Plus, he was a German guy, English guy and a stuttering guy... :)
hace más de un año Garnerish said…
Oh yeah.

"Hello, I'm Doc Jan Itor" xD

And he's also known as Jumpsuit and Lurch.
hace más de un año snoznoodle said…
In the special features of one of the dvd's Bill Lawrence actually said that they don't know who he is he's just a really mysterious guy whose out to get JD.
And they mentioned the one where he was in the Fugitive and Neil Flynn said 'So I dunno if that means the Janitor is actually Neil Flynn or what... not sure.'
hace más de un año Dray013 said…
Snoznoodle is right.

If you look at common logic, the fact that they pointed out that the janitor was in a movie (The Fugitive) you have an outside source of credits. The credits in The Fugitive would show that his name was Neil Flynn. He is infact playing himself.
hace más de un año cecilymsmith said…
I don't want to get into the logistics of this but...

Many actors have pseudonyms (You think my name is really Cecily? I wish!) so even though Janitor in The Fugitive is credited as "Neil Flynn" is doesn't mean that that is his name. Particularly if he goes around calling himself Nigel, Klause and Efrem...
hace más de un año ilovejimhalpert said…
i think that this just sort of happened by accident b/c of the fact that the janitor was only supposed to be in the pilot episode as a figure of JD's imagination, but they liked the character so kept him in the script. You'll notice in all of season 1 JD is the only one who he actually talks to but they extend his relationships with oother characters throught the series. They also kind of use it as a joke i think of having one of the main characters not even have a real name! They could do the janitor is neil flynn thing but i think that they will just keep him as the absurd middle-aged janitor that is obsessed with JD.
hace más de un año knifewrench said…
I heard on one of the DVDs that his nametag says Janitor instead of a name; so I don't think they have a name planned out for him.
hace más de un año andievo said…
ilovejimhalpert is right the janitor orgnally never talked to anyone else and there are clues that nobody else knew of him exept JD he was a figure of JD's imagination to show all the bad things that happened to him... whether or not the edited janitor expanded we will have to wait and see because everytime we see something of him (like the japanese house) it turns out to be fake.
Ok SO putting on the subtitles of that episode now. Will report back soon.
OH damn! She says 'Hey cutie'! No name. Sorry guys.
hace más de un año ZuBrain said…
Does anybody know the season & episode number when the janitor is spotted in the Fugitive?
hace más de un año NoHero said…
well in the ep. with the janitor preteneding to be a doc. i think hes just makeing up a name but there is and ep when someone call him "Tom" you can find it on you tube. its the one when dr.cox kinda becomes friend with him.
hace más de un año holeva said…
THE JANITORS REAL NAME IS TOM
link
hace más de un año Toodles1823 said…
Actually, the guy is saying "nice, you tell'em". Someone confirmed it with the script somewhere... I'll see if i can find it and bring it back...
hace más de un año samosir said…
The Janitors name has NOT been revealed yet, but Lawrence has said that it will be revealed in the last episode.

I think it will be something like Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee probably.
hace más de un año Mike_The_Bike said…
Don`t forget about Silvester Stallone and Jean Clode Van Dame))
hace más de un año Giovanni_wasto said…
It will be JD!
hace más de un año dustfinger said…
Tom the Janitor. I think it's perfect
hace más de un año HannaK said…
Or just Jan.Itor (altough my best guess is JD)
hace más de un año rockandroll89 said…
do you think his names josh?
hace más de un año ScrouseMD said…
No. I'm guessing he said that to throw everyone off.
hace más de un año hunnylicious said…
hahaha this is too funny but I think its one of the cleverest things they did, who ever thought that the lack of a name for the Janitor would b of such an interest to the fans! but I really can't wait to find out now... first one to find out REPORT TO BASE!!!
hace más de un año Giovanni_wasto said…
Weren't they suppose to reveal it in the final episode? And wasn't the most recent one SUPPOSED to have been the final episode?
hace más de un año TAXavier said…
Going off topic slightly here:
...in the "scrubs universe" (and using everyday logic/common sense), the Janitor was never a figmant of JD's imagination...perhaps the degree to which the Janitor is "out to get JD" is at a higher degree in JD's head then in "scrubs' reality"...but I mean come on, think...it's a big hospital in the middle of a big california city (aka "San DiFrangelos"<<<spelling?)...­he'­s a janitor in a fricken busy hospital surrounded by a whole slueth of other ego maniacs...(did I meantion IT'S A HOSPITAL?)...in real life most of the doctors and what not wouldnt take the time to ever get to know "the janitor" (or more accurately...just some random janitor, of MANY, that work in the hospital...It's essentially doctors/medical professionals/etc. vs. a "lowely" "mop-jokey"...know one would care about him or ever really talk to him (arguably of course, and generally speaking)...since EVERYONE including (not just "the janitor"...but ALL the janitors, and other people that work in any hopstial and have positions (considered by the more often then not "snoody doctors") that his job is pretty pointless in comparison...again, arguably and generally speaking...I mean yeah, in reality, janitors are actually an integral part of keeping a hopstial running correctly; I.E. sanitation, cleaning up vomit/patient messes..etc.....and speaking from personal experience (of being a hospital patient more then once in the last 5 years, plus my mom is a nurse and dad a doctor)...anyways, believe it or not, nurses do most, if not all of te "patient cleaning:...the janitors at hospitals generally don't really talk to anyone...as they have to be constantly cleaning up the perpetual waste/keeping the hospital a sanitary environment...I've seen some janotrs for ospitals that were obviously mentally retarded (not being mean...I mean they really are retarded..I forgot the "correct"/correct politically correct term to call retarded people nowadays, since it;s SO offensive to "them"...people..mmost of them that don't even understand what "making fun of someone is"/and so forth..... ANYWAYS, back to my original point....it's a hospital...there are SO MANY different TYPES of jobs/positions (and the sheer number of people)...I think in the scrubs world, it;s simply that his name is "implied"...and/or, it;s just that no one ever talks to him compaired to all the "bottom feeders" who work in the cafeteria and what not vs. being "the almigtly know it all doctor".... why would a doctor (gnerally speaking) stop to take the time, when they never have the time to stop, and to ask a janitor what their name is...I could go on and on about this...but I'm tired as hell and this post is getting too long and pointless...alright...later y;all.
hace más de un año sifuchuck said…
Neil Richard Flynn. Of course it's a fantasy, but there's no way they can introduce his part on the Fugitive and not be forced to concede that if Neil Flynn played the transit cop on the Fugitive and the Janitor was the guy who played the Fugitive, well, if A=B and B=C then A=C. That's just the way it has to be. Anything else would be disapointing and, well, wrong.
hace más de un año babybell said…
Neil Flynn is the name of the actor ;) he was in Indiana Jones (the newest one, with the aliens) and Mean Girls.
hace más de un año GlowingAngel said…
Bill Lawrence said that they would reveal the janitor's name in the final episode.

BTW: In one episode, the janitor says that people call him a lot of things - including Josh; it stands for Janitor Of Sacred Heart.
hace más de un año mlisa said…
His name is Neil Flynn... not just in real life, but in the show as well... in episode 8x10. when Carla is talking to him, he says that he can't remember part of his life, "Maybe I wasn't in THE FUGITIVE" which as sifuchuck says A=B B=C then A=C!!!
hace más de un año I-Heart-Scrubs said…
Glenn Matthews :D
 Glenn Matthews :D
hace más de un año Muse_Fan86 said…
But then a dude called him "Tony" afterwards, so that's just it... We'll never know 100%
hace más de un año tushtush said…
I hope Glen wasn't really his name. I want it to be something exotic or weird. :D
hace más de un año hooch-is-crazy said…
Maybe season 9 will give a chance for that, if he features regularly enough, Neill's got another show now.