1. Have a nap. If tu want to solve a problem, o come up with new ideas, then instead of always thinking - relax and have a nap. We’re usually más creative when we’re feeling wide awake.
2. Get into the habit of making small talk. A casual remark can change the way tu look at things - so talk and listen to everyone tu meet.
3. Sign up for classes and seminars. Listening to the ideas and opinions of others increases the connections tu make in your brain. Also, it is usually inspiring and highly motivating.
4. Make sure tu spend time with creative people. Often these are people who think outside the box, and are highly individual, and independent thinkers. It will encourage tu to follow their example of free thinking, and give tu permission to follow wild ideas.
5. Make sure tu have time to just “hang” and relax. Things that can seem pointless o a waste of time to others – such as watching movies, lectura libros and magazines, taking time out to travel, o spending time with friends - are all ways of helping your brain to percolate. And it’s often when we least expect to have a great idea that something quite amazing just pops into our mind!
6. Get some exercise. Allow your mind to wander and to do its own thing while you’re jogging, swimming o going for a run. This is often a time for generating new ideas.
7. Experiment with working in different places. Try taking your laptop to lots of different places as that stops your thinking from getting in a rut. Just a change of environment can make a difference and help to generate some fresh ideas.
8. Make brainstorming a normal part of life. Whatever tu are doing, even if it’s “normal stuff”, allow your mind to wander and think outside the box. Continually flirting with possibilities will become a habit, and make tu más creative.