el señor de los anillos We need a Burglar for the Rights

Blue-Ishtari posted on Dec 14, 2015 at 09:35AM
Hello again.

This discussion is about attaining the Rights by the Tolkien Family 'Estate' to begin production upon the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, etc.

I think, that although 'money' goes a long way. In this situation, the Tolkien Family are pretty disappointed in the Movies so far ...much like the Book Purists. But lets face it, nearly every 'Book' adaption into Movies has very rarely been 'exact' (pure) and the few that have been close to exact have either flopped terribly or in Bram Stoker's Dracula, made money but really let the Dracula character 'flop'.

What I'm saying is that J.R.R Tolkien's 'STORIES' deserve more than just being Books. His World deserves to be, not just major Movies, but merchandise, paintings, festivals, tourism spots and most of all - a part of a future that demands 'change'. The book's 'rejuvenation' in sales should acknowledge the PJ Movies.

More 'Fantasy' (Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, etc) movies are on the way, but not relating to Tolkien directly. Word of Stephen Donaldson's THOMAS COVENANT series, Asimov's FOUNDATION series and more are being thrown around the Movie world. (I hope so - the people deserve more than lame Marvel Comic movies. :P )

Anyway - in order to attain the Rights to Tolkien's Silmarillion (and more): We need a 'Burglar' to 'steal' them obviously. For the Tolkien Family Estate are sitting firmly and guardingly upon their 'treasure' - like a powerful Dragon indeed.

There is no other way. They will NEVER give up the Rights willingly ...not even for 5 Armies of FANS at their front gate, begging them.

el señor de los anillos No respuestas