lady gaga Anti-Bullying rosado, rosa Project 2012

tike101 posted on Mar 03, 2012 at 01:26AM
Hello fellow monsters,

“Be the change you wish to see in the world.” Gandhi

I just wanted to post regarding an article that I recently read about a group of parents who have opposed the Anti-bullying Pink Project 2012. Here is a link:

link

I am aware that Ga Ga has recently met with some of the leading anti-bully experts in a sincere attempt to combat the ever-increasing problem of bullying. I just want to go on record as saying that this is spectacular. In order to make a difference what needs to happen is to have influential people, like Ga Ga, stand up against the mistreatment of individuals who are targeted by bullying. Unfortunately, it is hard to separate oneself from a group to lend support for a target (bystander effect) but if someone who is a role model for today's youth promotes such action, a difference can be made. It is too easy to turn a blind eye and do nothing. When a person does something, inspires a movement and works to create change - we need to applaud such action. I am disheartened when people stand in opposition of such a positive event.

I work in the schools to provide skills and to educate teens about the negative impact of bullying – the absolute devastation that can result and affect the lives of all involved. I believe that parents need to become aware of the true impact of bullying and the long-term effects it can and does have. If Burnaby parents understood how much of a problem bullying really is I believe they too would join the Pink Project cause, regardless of their reservations.

What is ultimately wanted is for people to accept the difference of others; however, this is much easier said then done. In the meantime, what we need to have happen is for the bystanders (those who stand by and watch bullying happen and condone it through silence and non action) to say something or at the very least provide support for those who have been targeted.

Ga Ga, once again I applaud you and thank you for your continued efforts. Today’s youth need people like you who will influence the masses to create change. You are providing the potential to redefine bullying behaviors as uncool and this is an idea that I hope catches on like a dance mob.

Little monsters, help spread Ga Ga’s message of acceptance. You can do this by being friends to those who are marginalized and discriminated against. Take a page out of Ga Ga’s book and strive to make a difference. You all have power, how are you going to use it?

RC

Ps There are enough negative stories in today’s media. We all need positive stories too. If you have some great stories of what you have done to help fight bullying, please share them.

lady gaga 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año tike101 said…
Here is one to get people started:

Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all of the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball hat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Mark knelt down and helped the boy pick up the scattered articles. Since they were going the same way, he helped to carry part of the burden. As they walked Mark discovered the boy's name was Bill, that he loved video games, baseball and history, that he was having lots of trouble with his other subjects and that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.
They arrived at Bill's home first and Mark was invited in for a Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed pleasantly with a few laughs and some shared small talk, then Mark went home. They continued to see each other around shool, had lunch together once or twice, then both graduated from junior high school. They ended up in the same high school where they had brief contacts over the years. Finally the long awaited senior year came, and three weeks before graduation, Bill asked Mark if they could talk.
Bill reminded him of the day years ago when they had first met. "Do you ever wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?" asked Bill. "You see, I cleaned out my locker because I didn't want to leave a mess for anyone elase. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I realized that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others thay might follow. So you see, Mark, when you picked up by books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life."

by John W. Schlatter