House of Night Series House of Night- Marked

chasity09 posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 01:44AM
While strolling along looking for the next big series that would catch my attention, I came across a mysterious looking book cover. Keep in mind the twilight era had just begun to lighten up and I needed the next big thing. This cover had caught my eye and brought me near it. It had a girl on it kind of half shown as if she was hiding in the dark and all these sort of tribal markings everywhere, the name in purple with a crescent moon in front.
As I read the back cover trying to get the feel of what it was I would actually be reading it seemed that I was already envisioning the theme and background of it. The story is about a teenage girl, Zoey Redbird, who gets “marked” and has to go to the house of night for her fledgling vampyre training. But of course she’s not a normal fledgling. Zoey has to not only start a new life but now she is starting one and soon figures out she is even more unique.
While attending this special school in Tulsa, Zoey is caught in a love triangle, gains friendship, draws enemies, finds comfort, and balancing school work. Zoey conflicts with Aphrodite and her hags from hell, as Zoey’s friends call them. Zoey quickly finds out that not everyone marked becomes a vampyre. The process is very painful and some even die. So the choice is you move to Tulsa, go to a special school, attend classes, never go outside the grounds, and even if you do everything right your body could reject the change and you will die.
This book relates to a lot of teenage girls, letting them know that just because you’re different doesn’t mean that you still can’t fit in somewhere. I would recommend this book to teens and even older woman. I like how P.C. Cast and Kristen Cast took older religion and also our modern day mixture into how it affected Zoey personally. Zoey’s grandmother was a great inspiration not only to Zoey but the rest of the fledglings that were in contact with her. In this book are certain aspects in which is very predictable.
Overall this book is exciting and adventurous. Marked is the first book of five available at the moment. The books in order are: Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, and Hunted with Tempted coming very soon and all so far are the greatest vampyre I have read. I personally think it’s better than twilight. Stephanie Meyer’s view on vampires with them sparkling is kind of stupid in a way. The Cast’s view was much more of what people have expected with vampyres.

House of Night Series No respuestas