House of Night Series House of Night MOVIE!

music_is_love posted on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:41PM
Okay, so I have this other forum I go to, it's called bookreadertimes.com, and a person there got his interview with P.C.Cast from P.C's official site. It's been annoying with all of these people talking about there being a movie, when there truely is one answer "MAYBE"
So, take a look at this and take from it what you may. Remember: this is from P.C's site.

Q: Are the books being made into a movie/tv series?

A: Maybe. The series has been optioned by Empire Pictures. Now I sit back and wait like the rest of y'all to see what happens. No, I don't have any new news. I'll post when I have something I can tell you.

Q: Are you making the books into a movie/TV series?

A: NO. Authors don't do that. We option the right to production companies or movie studios to use our books/worlds as a basis for movies or TV shows. So, no, Kristin and I aren't making movies. We've given our lovely producer the right to, and that's about where our involvement ends.

Q: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't make them into movies! It just ruins everything and destroys the minds of the young.

A: Too late. We've already optioned them (see above for definition). And Kristin and I don't think movies/TV destroy the minds of the young. We think laziness and a sense of entitlement do that. Oh, and drugs, too. We happen to like movies and TV. A lot.

Q: Well, then, make them make a really really good movie/TV series. Okay?

A: I can't MAKE my producer do anything, although he is quite nice and I heart him. (His name is Michael Birnbaum if you'd like to google him and send him the zillions of emails about making the series into a movie that you send me - he can actually do something about it.) I'm not going to be involved with the screenplay. That's not my field of expertise. I write the books. Period. Michael does respect my opinion, and we talk frequently. That's about as much influence as I have. Oh, and his teenage daughter, Savannah, hearts the House of Night. I'm counting on her to keep her dad straight. ("Hi Savvy!")

Q: I'm perfect to play Zoey/Aphrodite/Stevie Rae/Damien/Erik/either Twin/Duchess/Nala/Neferet, etc., etc., so could you pick me to be in the movie/TV series? Could I audition for you?

A: As with the screenplay, I'm not going to have anything to do with casting any production. I don't know squat about actors/actresses! Hell, I'd pick Kristin to be Zoey and Tom Welling to be Erik (he's too old, by the by, and so is Kristin). And I'd pick myself to be Neferet (I don't look anything like Neferet). Or maybe I'd be Aphrodite (uh, I'm wayyyyyy too old to be Aphrodite). See what I mean? I'm not good at picking actors, so AGAIN I leave that to the experts. If the series actually begins to film and IF they have open auditions, I'm sure Michael will tell me and I'll post the information for all of you.

Q: But what about the videos you send out? Are those the actors for the movie? And I hate/love them and think they look perfect/too old!

A: The videos from the www.houseofnightseries.com site are book trailers and ONLY book trailers. They were produced by my fabulous publisher as fun extras and teasers for my fans. They have nothing to do with any movie/tv series. And for the record: I helped choose the models. NO I DO NOT THINK THEY LOOK TOO OLD. If I did, I wouldn't have chosen them. Also, I can't put you in contact with the models. Yes, the model who plays Zoey is the same lovely girl, whose real name is Tara, who portrays Zoey on all the book covers. I think she's wonderful.

And while we're on the subject - I like the tattoos from the videos. Are they the exact tattoos I see in my mind as I write the books? Hell, no. How could anyone reproduce that? I suppose I could, but I can't draw at all. I enjoy seeing different interpretations of my world. It's all done in a wonderful spirit of fun, and I heart that!

Sooooooo, basically I don't have any new news about the series coming to film. Yes, it's optioned. Yes, it could happen. No, I won't be doing it because authors write books - they don't make films (or at least not usually). I'm waiting with the rest of you to see what happens.

And, please, spare me the diatribes about film ruining books. I don't buy into it and don't care to hear/read it. Kristin and I are happy about the possibility. If we weren't we wouldn't have signed the contract. No one made us; we wanted to. Some of my very, very favorite movies are based on books: Lord of the Rings, Dances with Wolves, Gone with the Wind, Pride and Prejudice, Secret Life of Bees, Harry Potter (yes! I heart all of them!), etc., etc. No, I'm not scared about HoN coming to film IF IT EVER HAPPENS. Relax. Let's just go along for the ride. If it sucks we can have a good laugh and eat that yummy popcorn with way too much butter...

XXXOOO
PC

House of Night Series 77 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 77

hace más de un año cr6zym0nkeyiz said…
i read this interview on her blog. i would be really happy if there was a movie. i really wanna c this book come to live onscreen. it would be fantastic.
hace más de un año music_is_love said…
mischievous
I agree. I absolutely LOVE P.C.'s look on things <3
hace más de un año disneygirl237 said…
I can't really picture them as movies. If they do, heaven forbid that they ruin it like the stupid Twilight movie! (Don't get me wrong. I love Twilight, but the movie was just TERRIBLE.)
hace más de un año vampyresrock said…
I'd like to see the tattoos on Zoey and the Professors and Stevie Rae. I thought the Twilight movie was ok but i think they could've found a different Edward (Robert Pattinson is stinky)they chose the other characters good. I think the model of Zoey should be put in the acual movie coz i think she as well as the other models suit the characters descriptions in the books.
hace más de un año metal-lover-09 said…
They should make a TV Series and Make Johnny Depp, Kalona Seriously!
hace más de un año TCTopCat said…
Yh Depp would be good. I really do hope that they make it into a movie though
hace más de un año chrissybear said…
NOOOO CUZ DEPP IS SEXY BIRD GUYS ARENT BUT MAKING IT IN TO AMOVIE WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA
hace más de un año lorelaigilmore said…
I really wanna see it as a movie !! :)
hace más de un año BookGirl91 said…
They are making it into a movie and they are almost done with the script and they are going to be in it. This is what P.C. Cast told us at the book signing in Tulsa on the 7th. And I think they should use the people who is Jack and Damian on the house of night website because they are really nice people and if im thinking correctly their names are actualy Damian and Jack Twist I know for sure thats his real name.
hace más de un año BookGirl91 said…
O and she is suposed to do 12 books and burned she already has 68 pages done. And in the movie they will be introducing the red feldings and stark earlier from what she said.
hace más de un año new_blue said…
well i have 2 veiws on this... in my mind it is perfect, like 1 side of me thinks that if this was made into a movie it would FAIL BIG TIME!!!

but the other side of me goes like this
"OMG IF THEY MAID A FUCKING MOVIE THAT WOULD BE SO AWSOME AND I WOULD SO FALL IN LOVE WITH LIKE EVERY DAMN BOY AND WOW I CAN IMAGIN THE SPECAIL AFFECTS AND OMG THE TATTOO'S WOULD BE SO COOL... I WOULD LIKE DRAW ON MYSELF AND GO OUT LIKE THAT"

do u guys see my problem???
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año team_stark said…
i think making the books into a movie would be an amazing idea!! they would be soo good as long as you dont leave anything to big out dont make a huge mistake like twilight! you have pretty much read the intire movie in the first 70 pages... lame! i just wan to see who plays stark omg i love him! lol just make it good! i have faith you will so do it!
hace más de un año RenanaGagirl said…
blush
I have to agree and disagree with somethings that P.C. commented on...First...sometimes the movies do not do justice to the books, take Steven Kings Dreamcatcher....the book was out of this world the movie not so much I wanted to kill whoever directed it it was apparent to me they never read the book....and the Harry Potter movies...the first few were ok...but now they are leaving huge chunks out and to doesn't make sense...so this readers opinion on this subject is this...if they do make HoN into a movie series I will not be going to see it...Just like with the Twilight series I read all 4 books in 4 days...needless to say I didn't sleep at all...and I am sooo afraid to go see the movies for fear it will ruin the characters imiages in my mind especially of Edward Cullen the guy playing him looks nothing like the guy I have in my head based on the description Miss Meyers gave in her books....just my opinion
hace más de un año GKT95 said…
p.c i completely understand you have nothing to do with this becoming a movie but it would be many of your fans dreams to see this AMAZING book on t.v an please please please if this does come into a movie can someone let me no if it does an when it'll be coming to liverpool :) im completely obsessed with this book, ive cried so many times an im desperate so watch this as a film, i also think twilight producer took your ideas and you should prove to the world that it was your idea about the books not them!!!

hace más de un año TwilighterSabby said…
i agree with disney1237

twilight was killed. i dont want HoN to be killed for me. If it is made into a movie, they need actors who look like the decription AND can act. Like God, i love twilight, but kristen stewart cant act! if that happened with zoey, id boycott.
hace más de un año _Blackhearts_xx said…
heart
omg Johnyy depp for kalona
!
hace más de un año WannabeZoey said…
ME FOR ZOEY!!!! somethin about her (in the books) really reminds me of myself. if they do make the movies, i wanna be zoey, ive never acted, but i made it to ANTM (but got pregnant and couldnt go) and i really love the books!
hace más de un año kagome_girl said…
smile
Whoa!!! johnny depp should totally be Kalona he fits PERFECTLY!
oh and i really think watching the movies made out of books makes me only change my mind about the charcters but it doesnt mess it up though (in my mind)
hace más de un año ticklemepnk said…
smile
Johnny depp should be kalona!!!!! That would be great ;-) and zoey should be Keira knightley she's from the pirates of the Caribbean..;-)
hace más de un año vampiressJazz said…
they need good actors
keira knightly is too old
i reccon katie mcgrath should play neferet NOT MEGAN FOX@
hace más de un año twiluvr121 said…
I'm totally with Johnny Depp playing Kalona! I would probably drool when I see him in the movie (if there is a movie). People are buzzing about Megan Fox being Zoey and my response to that is 'HELL NO!' Megan Fox is a trashy actress. I imagined Zoey kind of like Miranda Kerr, kind of. . . even though she is a model. . . .

Let's just hope that if they make a movie out of the House of Night series it would be better than the Twilight movie. Dont get me wrong, I am totally in love with Twilight but I kind of wanted to kill Cathrine Hardwicke for such a horrible job. It was just awful! NEW MOON WAS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año Star9009 said…
depp would not be a good kalona cuz he isnt NATIVE DUH!!!!!! hello he is decribied as the Cherokee so think about that. and megan fox would ruin zoeys
hace más de un año lilstelmack said…
i think hayden panitiare would make a good aphrodite
hace más de un año Flora_Kieran said…
here i think the BEST for this would be new actors that no1 knows yet and not the old ppl every1 knows about .
hace más de un año vampiressJazz said…
twiluver121 yew r right megan is a trashy actress and johhny depp would be an awesome kalona but i think ben barnes or this kalona looking kid at my school but he's my age(15) and isn't an actor but he would make a pretty hot one! he would be good as 18 year old kalona
hace más de un año DiaryDot said…
blush
Personally i really dnt want them to make a movie outta ov it but then again i do, But it just gets on my nerves dat ppl obsess over the movies when the books are waaayyy better! I love the house of night nd i totally think that the ppl who play characters in the book trailers would be perfect for the real movie!!! I just really dnt wanna be dissapionted by da movie! :)
hace más de un año yaracet said…
a movie would be nice, BUT seeing that the series is long (12 books) i think that it would be better as a TV series...like vampire diaries...and each season could be a new book...i dont miss a single episode of VD...Point being: HoN should be a TV series rather than a movie...
hace más de un año PoppyHoN said…
Ahhhh I Hope They Do It Would Be Amazing! Just Dont Let Catherine Hardwicke Direct It (; Ah I Hope They Do :D !! Stark <3
hace más de un año shanezy said…
smile
i really hope there made into movies i would watch all of them there great i just got you new book for x- mas tempted i loved it you need to write more and zoey should so go with stark

good luck on them i hope you make some movies
hace más de un año 1-2vampire said…
hmmm
I liked Twilight before it got into a movie. Too many obbsessed girls goin ROB BITE ME!
I's LOVE LOVE LOVE to have HON turned into a movie but it could become veeeerrrrryyyy popular. Which is a good and a bad thing.
Tbh, (to be honest) most books aren't made into movies very well. Twilight, for instance. But some are very good, Harry Potter. THough this is just my opinion. I like HP still becuz not many people are obbsessed. Maybe some are, yes, but not as many as Twilight like the teenage girls buying poster after poster of Edward Cullen and Jacob Black and plastering their rooms with them. I love HoN and I would be very upset if nearly every girl went running around acting like lunatics after the actor that would play Erik or Heath or Stark or watever. Then there'd be this whole row over Team Erik or Team Heath w.e.
This is just my oppinion and this might not happen, but if it does I'd be very very upset.
hace más de un año 1-2vampire said…
wink
and Depp for Kalona -- Omgee totally. He would make a great Kalona (plus I'd like to see his bare chest oioi!) And Megan FOx for Zoey?! As Zoey would say, not no, but HELL NO!!!
hace más de un año chescca_x said…
ooo i would to audition lol :) do you think they could make one of the girl characters preferably an evil one have a killer british accent/ have some auditions in england so cool us can show our killer fake american accents LOL :):):):)
hace más de un año MissKayleeBee said…
big smile
I think I'd make an awesome Zoey...Just saying. lol
:)
hace más de un año midnightgirl6 said…
smile
i like the idea of making it into a film but if they mess it up it will make me sad.i like it that people i know doesent read the books.if they make it a film it will be popular and people will be very annoying at school.i think the girl on the front covers should be zoey.
hace más de un año ravendru said…
it will mess it up! i also think she should
hace más de un año rebee101 said…
big smile
omg i hope thhey make it into a movie and get rob pattinson to play erik!!!!!!
hace más de un año airlle1993 said…
GOD!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN THINKIN ABOUT THIS FOR A YEAR OR TWO NOW!!!!! I really want it to happen!!!
hace más de un año meranda123 said…
cool
so cool!!!!!!!!! i DEFFENETLY want it a movie.
hace más de un año kempy_vamp_luvr said…
okay agree wif 1-2vampire what if grls r like "stark be me coz your so hot" NO ...HE IS NOT A REAL VAMP. it would be brl if it woz a moviebut better as a tv thing. id start watching tv 4 dat.(i dont watch tv):) and megan fox IS a poop actress! and depp is hot enough 2 b kalona!!! I <3 HoN
hace más de un año kempy_vamp_luvr said…
oh n rob pattinson playing erik would killit coz he already got the vamp thing wif girls goin after him!
hace más de un año eddiekins said…
cool
okay as much as i love johnny depp acting... he wouldn't play a good kalona... its highly based on teenagers.. u should pay more attention to the book... kalona looks 18 or younger... as a guy i say u need sum1 good looking.. like one of your favorite teen choice dudes.. im thinking tom welling from smallville or your zac efron have you.. see i know tom welling is like 27-28 but when u look closely he looks as if he could be in high school.... people need to be realistic about things like this.. im currently directing my first movie and i know the vision of the industry... so im sorry to burst your bubble but it can never be johnny depp... way too old..... but i'd say u'd really want too build a career so i would get no names too play these characters.... tht would be really kool
hace más de un año kipepper1012 said…
smile
I agree I think Tom Welling would be a good Kalona Johnny Depp is way too old to play that part and honestly I think Rachel McAdams would be a good Aphrodite she looks young enough not to mention she's good at playing both the mean girl and the nice girl Zoey I have no idea who would play her part very well so I'm stumped with that one same with the rest of the characters I'm not sure who would be good for the other parts.
hace más de un año Jezzie75 said…
Star9009 - Johnny Depp is of Native American decent, he actually has Cherokee in him.

Eddiekins - Kalona is not young looking, he appears different to whomever looks at him. If you remember Zoey asking Sister Mary Angela about how old he looked to her she said he looked ancient. The guy is immortal, a fallen angel, so I'd say he's pretty "old". I can see Tom Welling but not Zac Efron.

Johnny Depp has aged great, he doesn't look "old" but then again I'm bias because he is one of my all time favorite actors.

I usually pick people in my head to play the characters as I read a book but haven't been able to do that with this series. I totally pictured Gerard Butler as Robert Langdon in The Da Vinci Code and got Tom Hanks so who knows who they'll pick as the HoN cast if they should make it a movie.
hace más de un año Caitlynn123 said…
I so hope they make them into movie even though my bff hopes justin timberlake plays Erik but i say no way he's 2 ugly
hace más de un año Kylie-Shayne said…
big smile
i rly love the books its the only books i rly read and i no u dont have anything 2 do with the movies but plzzzz try 2 make it into a movie
hace más de un año booklover13 said…
jonny depp woul make a pretty good kalona, adn i REALLY hope they make a GOOD movie out of this!! the guy whos stark on the site in eth yearbook should SO play him cuz hes so effing hott!! and jack CANT be hot cuz they describe him as cute. and they butter not get 25 year old actors like tehy did with Percy Jackson!!!
hace más de un año phobe1292 said…
big smile
I agree with the ones who say that if they make the series into the movie that should use actors/actresses that are kind of new and unseen I think it would help their careers and it would be nice to have different faces in... but the model for zoey should total be her in the movie.. Well if she can act.
hace más de un año imagine15 said…
big smile
I would deffinetly love to see it in a movie. Everybody didn't want to read the Twilight books because it sounded "gay" apparently but they watched the movie and then they read the books afterward so there would be way more publicity(: I would also simply adore being in this movie! I'd wouldn't even care if I was an extra!
hace más de un año amanda24 said…
heart
oh i really want there to be a movie love their books.
hace más de un año lil_sexy_mama said…
yea i think the book should be made and will be great if they say with the book and the youtube vidoes are ok of what they have