harry potter vs crepúsculo which is better? have a debate! :P

1Dforever3107 posted on Jul 10, 2012 at 06:30PM
hey guys! personally, i think Harry Potter IS WAY BETTER than Twilight, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some good arguments here. so fight it out! ;)

harry potter vs crepúsculo 4 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año serious_claw said…
kiss
Obviously Harry Potter is better than Twilight. What's the question? Harry Potter is intelligent, adventurous and captivating. A monkey could read Twilight and understand it. Plus, Cedric Diggory (played by Robert Pattinson who plays Edward Cullen in the Twilight saga movies), has stated that he doesn't like Edward because he is an abusive character, and like playing Cedric more. When someone who is fully ingrained in a franchise but still prefers the other one, I think that says something. Twilight tells young girls that it's ok to blow off everything when your boyfriend leaves you, and that if he is resisting the urge to kill you at all times, it's ok, he just loves you that much. Twilight is for stupid people to say that they read a big book. Anyone who thinks Twilight is better than Harry Potter obviously has something wrong with them.
hace más de un año cassie-1-2-3 said…
No. ^All that is ridiculous.
hace más de un año Helena-B-Carter said…
The various types of love in Harry Potter far outmatches the ones in Twilight.
~ Unrequited love. (Do not say Jacob and Bella's love is unrequited, because although Jacob did not get Bella in the end, it did not mean Bella did not love him romantically back. She did. Unrequited love is when the other side is not interested.)
~ Childhood crushes. (Twilight launches straight into 'deep, and meaningful' love. Though childhood crushes are more common, Twilight does not express any of it. And Jacob's love for Bella cannot be a mere childhood crush if he was willing to go through so much to be with her.)
~ Sibling love. (People would argue that Jacob and Bella expressed sibling love. But they both romantically cared for each other. Surely, that cannot be considered pure sibling love.)
~ Parental love. (Obviously Twilight has parental love, but it is not as distinct as it is in Harry Potter. My opinion: I can accept Esme's motherly love and even Bella's father's care - but Bella's 'pure and sweet' love for her daughter is really...just...not so realistic. The way Meyer describes it, I can almost imagine beautiful white lights flashing off Bella and onto Renesmee...)

hace más de un año cassie-1-2-3 said…
~ Unrequited love. Leah
~ Childhood crushes. Mike (I consider it a crush. It was far from deep romantic love)
~ Sibling love. Jacob has siblings.