gossip girl Don't understand why Dan is the main male character in the mostrar instead of Nate....

nateismyboyfd posted on Jun 09, 2009 at 05:37PM
I Don't understand why Dan is the main male character in the show instead of Nate!!!...

1.in the book, Nate is the MOST important male character. Dan just always writes poem.

2.The whole book is mainly(nearly all)based on the love triangle of Nate+Serena+Blair..That's the SPIRIT of Gossip Girl!!!

3.more fans prefer Nate+Serena than Dan+Serena,and says Dan+Serena is rather boring..

So, what do you guys think of Dan is the main male character in the show instead of Nate? Is that the producer doesn't like the N+S plot?

I really DON'T LIKE that...

gossip girl 7 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año lovensandcb1 said…
but the show isnt the books... even stephanie and josh have said it, they dont follow the books, for example, chuck and blair were never a couple in the books... and about dan i dotn think he is the most important male caracter, maybe he was in season 1, but i would say chuck was the main male caracter this season... nate IMO is just a pretty face, he has no personality in the show.... and well, i dont think chace is a good actor
hace más de un año alessandra_28 said…
The show and the books are completely different!!
Is the scenario, the same characters but other storyline!!
hace más de un año nateismyboyfd said…
well...I have to admit it Nate isn't a gd actor,though. But Nate has the largest number of fans 'cause he's so good-looking :)
hace más de un año gossipmodel said…
Most guys(including me)love Nate+Serena,Chuck+Blair!!
They are perfect matched!!But,none of my fds love Serena+Dan.They don't match.Serena is the princess,Dan is just a poor boy who hates class,party,name brands...

I can't say I hate Dan.. but I can just say most people have no interest in Dan...We watch GG just becuz we love the life of the upper class!!
hace más de un año crazychlo said…
i think chuck should be the main boy character, he and blair r the most popular characters in the show. I know that serena will probs always b the main girl character (even tho i think blair should be), but i think that chuck should be the main boy character i like ante tho:D
hace más de un año AnnaK said…
3.more fans prefer Nate+Serena than Dan+Serena,and says Dan+Serena is rather boring..

thats not totally true, is it? coz i guess ds has a huge fanbase out there, and i guess nate and serena do too, but they do not outnumber the ds.just because you think its the case. there's no actual survey to prove it, i also think that there are a lot of ds fans out there who simply do not vote in polls. i don't want to offend you, just my opinion

on the other hand: i don't think dan is THE lead, he is just one among them. true he has more screen time like nate does, but i think if they would actually come up with some awesome storylines for nate that would change. and i doubt that will happen by just unite him with serena. i like chace, and i'm all for giving him good storylines, which maybe do not revolve around girls for a change, coz he is the one who seems to have no other purpose than hooking up with any girl on the show.

and what makes you guys think that nate and serena would be better than ds? you just saw one tiny bit of them, ´maybe they suck even more than blair and nate.

i really hope all of the main characters will get lots of screentime next season and i'm also counting on chace to add more depth into nates characters (he is on a good way but please give that guy something important to do:) would love to see him helping chuck handling with the whole blair business, get some more friendship scenes with all of them...and i don't even mind if he has a fling with whoever (maybe even serena but i'm sure it won't last though as I think he and vanessa will hook up again sooner or later)

Oh good, i'm rambling on again...
btw i did read the books as well: and i really didn't like dan in the books nor did i like nate or chuck,hehe...is there any girl IN THE BOOK you love and you are disappointed not to see that way on screen (like vanessa being a total outsider?)

hace más de un año -abc- said…
The main characters of GG are: Serena, Blair, Jenny, Vanessa, Nate, Chuck, Dan. (+Lily/Rufus).