gorillaz Can tu BELIEVE Damon and Jamie???

Sprinter23 posted on Jun 13, 2012 at 07:13AM
Okay so idk if any of you have been following the status of our beloved Gorillaz, but at first Jamie said that Gorillaz were pretty much over, and then later Damon said that they had worked out their differences and Gorillaz would be up and running at any minute. And THEN, Damon later said that Gorillaz WOULD continue for sure all right---WITHOUT JAMIE! Which means no characters!!!

I'm not liking the direction in which the band is going. After Plastic Beach, the whole thing has just been going downhill for them (I know some people may say this was after Demon Days, but I honestly thought Plastic Beach was a good album)

Anyone else have any thoughts?

gorillaz 7 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año kornlover said…
crying
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY CAN'T DO THAT it's pretty much the same thing as starting a new band. the characters for gorillaz is pretty much the only thing people know about them,if they do that every1 will not care anymore, i mean i'll still be a fan of them but what about 2D and everyone else!?!:'(Did jamie just want to sign over the rights 2 gorillaz and quit? they can't do this!

Damon if ur reading this some how and the news i just found out is true then plz listen: don't do this plz! it wouldn't be the same plz don't do it, work something else out just not this!!
hace más de un año C-GODZILLA said…
That's pretty fucked up. I mean, they're not Gorillaz with out the characters. They're pretty much killing all of the members. I'm a fan of Gorillaz, THE VIRTUAL BAND. If they stick with this, well then... I won't be a fan anymore, 'cause they're not Gorillaz anymore.
I think this is mainly Damons fault. He was never much into the idea of developing personalities, voices, and all that shit, for the band members. He just wanted the characters, nothing else.
So now he got what he wanted, i guess.
Jamie saw this wasn't going well. So he made the right thing and ended all instead of making it worse!
I think Jamie did the right thing. It's better if we remind Gorillaz as an awesome band with memorable songs and great storys behind them, than remind them as a shitty group that went from bad to worse.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año kornlover said…
hmmm
^well..you do have really good points there,i think we all fell in love with the virtual band,like u said, and not the real people,the characters are the resaon gorillaz are so awesome and special (and now that i've seen ur comment, i'm starting to think that i might not be a fan anymore, if they do this)
hace más de un año farthead95 said…
Without characters Gorillaz is just not the same! I need the virtual band!!!! I deffinitly would not enjoy them as much if at all. I also thought plastic beach was good and they just need to work out their little fight and get back together! WE NEED GORILLAZ!!! and they have to have the cartoons!
hace más de un año daregirl said…
No ! We act just like little kids ... If Jamie will draw is ok and if he isn't going 2 draw we don't need 2 start thinking seriously 2 can finish with this problem ! I heard everywhere peoples that say we R the futture ! Yes, we R so we can be that people who can keep alive the animated band ! ... I know it sounds crazy, we can not replace Jamie but we can continue this part of his work ! We have hundreds of ways that we can follow 2 keep alive Gorillaz . They R sooooo many people who can draw just like him and maybe better ! And if we want Jamie 2 stay we can do it ! Just we need 2 stay strong n remember that Gorillaz is in ours brains and hearts not only on the computer !
hace más de un año codyfan77 said…
NOT COOL! Get rid of the characters, they just aren't the same. Please, Damon, Jamie... Don't....
hace más de un año Diblover111 said…
Okay, for future people who are checking this, DAMON AND JAMIE ARE GOING TO DO ANOTHER ALBUM TOGETHER. It's been confirmed multiple times. No, there hasn't been any talk about the songs or when it's coming out, but both have stated that they plan on doing a new album.