fanpop Users Help with HRAM 2009 Video!

Cinders posted on Aug 26, 2009 at 06:20PM
Hey, guys. I know that HRAM is mostly for the Human Rights Spot. I also know that it's a long time until December. But I had some ideas to help make it a little bit different this year than it was last year.

For those of you who don't know what HRAM stands for-- it's Human Rights Awareness Month, and it happens every December (so long as I'm on the pop, anyway).

HRAM is a very new tradition. It started just last year, to... mediocre success. I hope to double the interest this year, which is why I'm starting all the way back in August.

If you're interested in helping out with HRAM this year, please contact me! I have a lot of ideas and things you could do.

The first idea is the Fanpop HRAM Video.

If you have a microphone, or a webcam, or any way of getting your image and/or voice up on the net, I would LOVE it if you participated.

I want to make a video of Fanpop users talking about what's most important to them. This includes things from your favorite TV show that you MUST SEE EVERY WEEK, to the human rights crisis in the world that you find most disturbing.

In other words, you get to talk about something you LOVE!

Basically, I'm going to cut the interviews together into a video showing a unified fanpop community talking about what they love, and human rights.

BECAUSE I want it to be slightly unified, there is a little bit of a script I'd want you to follow.

If you are interested in making a video or voice recording of yourself, PLEASE let me know now!

The script I want you to say is as follows:

Hi, I'm [fanpop user name] (Optional: Include real name as well) and I'm here to talk about what matters most to me.

I love [favorite thing(s) (non HR related)]

And I realize how lucky I am.

I'm lucky because I have [thing(s) you are thankful for].

I care about [Human Rights Issue(s)].

And I want to do more.

If you want to do more, tell us what matters most to you in the comments of this video, and participate in Fanpop Human Rights Awareness Month.

I know the script is a little rigid, and I apologize for that. So, if you want to say more in your own words about your favorite things (non HR related) and/or the Human Rights issues that concern you, by all means add it at the end of the video. Odds are, I'll be able to fit it in somewhere.

When you're finished, you can get this material to me in one of two ways. A) You could e-mail it to me (PM me for the address) if the video file is zipped and small enough. Or, B) You can upload it to youtube, where I will download it. If you want to take it down from YouTube, I'll tell you when I've snagged it and you can do that.

If you don't have a webcam or microphone, but you still want to be a part of this video, you CAN! All you have to do is message me with what matters most to you in your own words. You don't have to follow the scrpt format if you don't want to at all. I'll find away to include your concerns in the video.

Thanks, all, I'll REALLY appreciate it if you do this for me!

fanpop Users 29 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...