fanpop Users I Am Not a Dirty Old Witch!

Cammie posted on Mar 02, 2009 at 04:06PM
I really feel that I have to explain something to the Fanpop users. This brief forum may well be more far important and enlightening than my Fanpoppy acceptance speech.
Okay, only a few minutes ago I received an email from a user. At first I had a really good laugh at what the email said. Then I thought about it and now I'm slightly worried because I realize how easily things can be misinterpreted. This fellow fanpopper expressed concern for comments that I had left when propping hm94991 recently. Concern for one word in particular: Humperdicken!
link
Because I know and have a lot of respect for the user I know that the user would not have contacted me in the first place without genuine concernand just cause. I felt it impertative to explain my comment and now I'm explaining it here just in case someone else has or will misunderstand.
I would never in any way intentionally disrespect anyone here. Harvey (hm) is younger than my own daughter so there is no way on this earth that I would even think of saying something inappropriate to such a young user.
Here is a link how Harvey got the nickname Humperdicken:
link

The only user that has ever perhaps received questionable comments from me is johnminh - he is the only exception to the rule!

Just to add, I very much appreciate the email as I had no clue that anyone might be looking at that word with suspicious meaning.
last edited on Mar 02, 2009 at 04:17PM

fanpop Users 15 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año hm94991 said…
smile
Wait... What? What did you say? Nothing offended me.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año Cammie said…
smile
I know that, Harvey. But when I gave you are prop (see first link above) I added "...my funny little Humperdicken."
That particular word was misunderstood as inappropriate and queried.
laugh
oh! haha! I gets it now. :)
hace más de un año ArabellaElfie said…
wink
Title of your forum caught my attention right away Cammie, also - love your new icon!

I never thought of you as a dirty old witch, you always seemed the just slightly scruffy witch level to me. :F
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
laugh
I never thought anyone would have miss understood that but I guess if you are not in on all of the ramblings in the forums and such you tend to miss a few things, lol

That happens, you leave for a few days and people have new names and I lose the hammock, sad, sad things
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
cake
you poor thing, here have some cake it will make you feel better...:)
heart
*eats cake*

Hmmmm, see now this is of the good.
hace más de un año dazl said…
You're not!?!?!

Now who am I going to burn at the stake?
hace más de un año Cinders said…
Oh Cammie. Don't even try to explain it away. You know you're a dirty old witch.

Disclaimer: For the sarcastically-challenged, this is a joke.
hace más de un año IsisRain said…
laugh
That nickname always makes me think of Engelbert Humperdinck!
crying
Holy crapsters! It happened again! My loving, caring Father... (He'll be reading this) Saw the words Hump and Dick in the name and assumed I was being internet-stalked. :/ could you leave a message saying this is just not true?
heart
Are you talking to me,Harvey?
blush
Yessers...
smile
Okay, then show dad this forum and especially point out the link which shows how the name came about.
Then also show him my profile where my age is on it.

Just to add how I got the idea to the name Humperdicken...
when I was making the quiz,the radio was playing a song by the famous singer Englebert. I wasn's sure how the surname was spelled so a used humperdicken instead. But yes, that's how this came about.

EDIT: Karen I just now saw your comments. Are you psychic? As you can see from my explanation, Englebert was exactly the inspiration for the name.
Hmmm, neither yours nor Cinders' comments ever came up on my updates that I'm aware of.
That's weird!