dexter About lila (dont read as it has spoilers)

ste3344 posted on Dec 07, 2007 at 11:37PM
I didnt really like lila as she seemed to be evil and cause trouble for dexter but she was leaving dexter alone and was moving on and she is just like him only she didnt have the luck of having harry, so thats why she killed james, but i think dexter should of left her alone because she was out of his life for good by going to paris and i dont understand why he went to such trouble to go to paris to kill her, i felt sorry for lila in the end because she is the same as dexter only she dosnt actually kill people, she only killed james and god knows how many dexter has killed, she killed for him, im glad she is gone but just think that she shouldnt of been killed.
Dexter could have evan taught her what harry taught him and or let her get on with her new life .Even the fact that dexter was going to kill her when saying he was going away with her made me angry because i felt so bad for lila and him trying to trick her like that.
I love dexter but im angry that he killed lila, i think they could have done it that she became his partner too lol ?????

I dont know lol anyway what does everyone else think about this :)

PLEASE DONT GET ANGRY AT ME, ITS ONLY MY OPINION :)
last edited on Dec 07, 2007 at 11:41PM

dexter 25 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año doomhaus said…
she drugged a babysitter, stole the children, then attempted to set them as well as Dexter on fire.
He just couldn't afford to have a liability like Lila around
hace más de un año Grover said…
ste3344,
I'm not angry with you, but I do sort of want to throttle you... Lila was much more evil than Dexter - her only "rules" were to get what she wanted at any cost and by any means, most often involving fire. I loved the fact that Dexter didn't even give her a 'decent murder' ("I have to catch a plane...") - SWEET!!! Lila bad. Dexter good. OK? :)
hace más de un año ste3344 said…
I know dexter is good and i loved dexter and didnt like lila but i just think he could of let her go on with her life instead of going to such extreme lengths to kill her.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año ollythedolly said…
I don't think he could risk the chance of her coming back. He had no other option.
hace más de un año hypersniper said…
She was a killer like all his victims...and she was fucking with the ppl he cared about like Angel and she tried to set fire to Ritas children. she had to go by any and all means, and Dex got a trip to paris outof it. i thought it was a great ending to a great finale
hace más de un año ste3344 said…
Also , how did he track her down so quickly lol
hace más de un año ollythedolly said…
Yeah, that was really funny. Poof! bonjour Lila! Just like magic.
hace más de un año nikki1989 said…
I was kind of torn on the whole Dexter killing Lila thing, mainly because I was frustrated that the moment he was in the clear with the 'Bay Harbour' case he went off to make some more evidence against himself. But, of course, Dexter being a serial killer is what the show's all about so it had to happen.
I think the only reason Dexter killing Lila seems more immoral than any of his other murders is because she was a victem that the audience got to know. Everyone else he killed was essentially like her--murderers who weren't likely to ever got caught by the authorities. So it falls in line with who Dexter usually chooses to kill, it only seems more brutal because it was Lila.
hace más de un año hypersniper said…
Excellent point, we saw Lila's character evolve were as with the other victims the only info we got of them was only relevant to why they needed to die. I think alot of ppl also sympathized with Lila and her obsessive love for Dexter. but the bottom line is she was crazy, dangerous and had to go.
hace más de un año brownchubbychic said…
I'm perfectly content with her being killed lol
hace más de un año Winski said…
OK am Dexter Forum (or indeed any forum) virgin here. Could someone please explain to me how come all you lot have already seen the whole 2nd series of Dexter? Hasn't even started (nor has a starting date)for soming on telly here in Scotland though I have been able to view 1st 12 episodes of 2nd series online at(www.watchtvsitcoms.com)and I was over the moon about that! How come you lot know so much? Ta
hace más de un año thevampiregirl said…
im gutted she was killed!
i loved her, she was awsome
=)
hace más de un año luckyfield said…
hace más de un año ebathory said…
I'm with thevampire girl, i loved lila! Not because of her obsessive love towards dexter, but because she gave him an outlet to express himself verbally about why he does what he does (rather than in the voice-over monalogue). Plus she was more interesting and ballsy than rita (who annoys the hell out of me). Lila was much hotter and more interesting to watch.

Also, the version of 'serial killer' we see with Dexter is so romanticised, I liked that we saw a character who kills for more realistic reasons. She is no more evil than Dexter (in my eyes), she is just a little more straight-forward about it. Dexter hides his evil side behind his mask and his good intentions (ie. only killing killers, or people who deserve to die). Lila had no such pretenses.

She was great, I was sad to see her go.
hace más de un año sufferkate said…
I am absolutely gutted Dexter killed Lila...especially to go back with boring Rita and the kids! I mean,come on,no one wants to see on screen what they have at home,which is a boring family life.
It is all about donuts and depressing sex.
Lia,on the contrary, was feisty and deeply loved Dexter for what he is,not this mask he is wearing with everybody else.
She killed Doakes for him but he doesnt seem to see it. He is such an ungrateful b......!
Do you think Rita will stay with him if she knows he is a serial killer?! I bet not.
I havent been bothered to watch season 3 yet but I read the spoilers and it makes me so freaking angry.
I thought it was the best show ever ,now im on the edge of not watching it anymore.
Sufferkate - watch season 3! It's great, you won't regret it :)
hace más de un año sufferkate said…
I know ebathory,I ve been tempted but I read spoilers about Ritas condition(dont want to spoil it for others)and her demands and I feel it is gonna make my blood boil and im gonna end up breaking my pc! :-)
Yeah, I know! Read my earlier spiel about how much I don't like Rita, and trust me when I tell you that you will like this season. It's really good, and coming from a fellow rita-hater, there are some great (and funny) moments with Rita & Dexter (don't want to mention them as I don't wanna spoil it for anyone)...
hace más de un año bangelfan said…
She was a killer and she was too obsessed with Dexter so she was probably going to come back for him had he not killed her. But I also felt bad when Dexter lied and told her that he was going away with her, and having her as a partner would've been fun to watch.
hace más de un año henryhuylaw said…
crap! mega crap! what the hell, this damn show was sooooo realistic and direct that sadly that's exactly the way it also ends. goddamn it! i love lila, she's electrifying and engaging, without her, the show is darn boring despite great plots. i remember begging for the show to bring in some fresh new hot ppl to lift the increasing boredom. she should have been left alone for whatever calling in the end, she deserved her revenge of setting the house on fire killing dexter, given that she barely escaped being butchered which is much more gruesome. its messed up she had to die, goddamn it, obsessive love is so rare in television nowadays, brings back memory of classic television. the only consolation i can come up with is the fact she wanted to kill the kids too along with dexter in the fire. that's the only consolation i can come up with in terms of justifying this sad sad ending, that she deserved to die cuz she wanted to kill the two innocent children too. anyway, lila is one of the best female characters i've got a chance to marvel at on television in a long long time. she's so sexy and intelligent and electrifying. again, goddamn crooked but understandable writers had to give us this "present" to end such a good show!
hace más de un año mythomasy said…
cool
Lila is a forward-looking, smart girl, she saw through things. when Dexter go to Paris and before killed her, he said she try to kill Rita's children, it seems that she deserve it. But I think if lila really want to ruin Dexter by kill the Childre, she will not only fire the house! She can do some more dangerous fatal things, but she didn't. she knows Dexter will save the children getting out of the fired house, she just want to give dexter a lesson, and express her anger for Dexter cheating on her! It's not a revenge but only some vent method

I always appreciate Dexter, but Lila is a victim. such a smart, understanding British girl. Fucking cold-blood Dexter! How dare you do this! And you ruined something really beautiful.
hace más de un año dangerdays said…
Lila had to die not only did she try to kill Dexter she tried to kill the kids aswell as that she tried to screw with Angel. She was fucking things up royally and if Dexter had let her be she would probably show up somewhere down the line and fuck things up because thats what she does best.
hace más de un año d3vious-shadows said…
I'm a huge Dexter fan, but I don't see the point of Dexter killing Lila. i mean, he set free one kid when he came to know he killed the person who raped him? it's okay to kill a rapist (rapist i stress, not a killer) and not okay to kill the person who could bust you and could cause your death? Also, before killing her, Dexter says to Lila that she killed an innocent man, why? When he was going to frame him for mass-murder, what did he expect? He was going to be tried, all the evidence would prove he was the killer and eventually he would be killed, that much was evident, wasn't it? When Lila killed, she was only helping him, and I know trying to kill the kids along with Dexter in a fire was something else, but I don't think he can justify that! She was possibly deported, and could do no harm, was living in Paris, why not let her be? If anyone says Dexter thought James could get away with 'his' murders when he was framed, (mostly because the victims were criminals or he had power), I say that isn't good enough! If it was the case, why did Dexter had his will prepared and got ready for death at the point he was thinking of turning himself in? It just doesn't make sense, as I don't believe James deserved death, either by being burnt, or by being framed for murder. And I didn't expect Dexter to accuse Lila of killing an innocent man, as she did what he was going to do (by framing him)! She was crazy and all, but she saved Dexter, she deserves more than what she got in the end.
hace más de un año Nutpen said…
Did any of you ever pay attention to what she said in the earlier episodes??
When Dexter kills her, he is not talking about Doakes - he is talking about her killing her ex. She talked about her setting an ex's house on fire, but not knowing that the ex was passed out inside. Thus killing an innocent man!

And she is to date the most horrible character on the show; her accent is the most annoying thing ever, she is so destructive and she deserved to die. She ruined everything for Dexter, exept for killing Doakes; But Dexter had a plan - he would have figured it out without the bitch screwing everything up.
hace más de un año RaisedInReverse said…
Basically, she only left to go to Paris because she thought Dexter was dead, not only did she kill Doakes and tried to kill the kids which had absolutely nothing to do with the situation, but there is a possibility that she killed her ex-boyfriend on purpose. I think we have all noticed she likes fire, and she makes a hell of a good job making it look like an accident. Anyways, if you think about it, as soon as she found out Dexter and the kids hadn't died in the fire, she would've gone back to torturing them and trying to get him back.