debate WHY is homosexuality a sin?

Cinders posted on Oct 11, 2007 at 04:26AM
In a simply exploratory capacity, I ask those of you who are against homosexuality for religious/moral reasons to explain why it is a sin.

For the record, you are not required to quote the Bible, unless the Biblical quote explains why, and isn't simply decreeing that it is a sin.

The Bible, Leviticus especially, supports plenty of things and is against still more things. For example, Leviticus supports slavery, corporal punishment, and animal sacrifices, while it is against the touching of dead insects.

So it is clear that some of these "sins" and means of worship have fallen out of practice with modern day Christians, the reason being one can't really find much logic behind these sins, and indeed some of these "morally just" behaviors have also been deemed cruel and inhumane.

Some sins and commandments ("Thou shalt not judge," murder, theft, etc.) are self-explanatory. If one asks me to explain why those are sins, I gladly would.

So I would like to hear a well-constructed argument on why homosexuality is immoral. This is out of simple curiosity because I haven't yet found an argument that I cannot refute.

IF you can give me a non-religion specific reason for why it is wrong, ie a UNIVERSAL reason for why it is wrong, you get extra brownie points.

Anyone up to the challenge? I think the last person who held his own on this topic was dodgeball_beast. Still, we agreed to disagree. Someone persuade me.

debate 164 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...