debate Mythical creatures

Night-Sky posted on Aug 02, 2009 at 02:15PM
Hi, I'm Bridget. Okay, I don't think that many would even consider the existnce of mythical creatures as anything worth debating, but I do. I know their are many oposing opinions on their existance, so therfore, their existance is debatable.

Okay, sorry for that. I am here right now to debate the existance of mythical creatures. Are they real, or not? What do you think? Do you beleive in some and not others? Why? Have you ever seen one? When? Or, are people who believe in them all crackpots? Why?

I would LOVE to hear from you all.
Cheers
-Bridget

debate 9 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año AUSHEDGEHOG said…
I beleive in mythical creatures...OH AND ALIENS FredFredBurger YES
hace más de un año Cinders said…
That depends on your definition of "mythical."

Until recently, the Giant Squid was a creature of legend and science fiction novels.

It's possible there are species that we haven't discovered, especially sea creatures, due to the fact that the oceans are so vast and deep.
hace más de un año Night-Sky said…
smile
I mean just anything that the majority of people consider "mythical", regadless of wether it actually is or not. eg: Faeries, gnomes, mermaids, bean sidhe, ect, ect. Any animal, basically, that has its existance questioned.

I love that about the giant squid!! Personally, I think if that real, then why not others?
:p
hace más de un año llerenaprincipe said…
monkey
why not others?
wanting to believe doesn't make anything possible
but if they walked on earth or swam in the seas, something happened and now they're dead. and not all that's written in books is real.
but I believe that someone could have stretched the truth about certain creatures that were born with different characteristics caused by any reason whatever it could be.
hace más de un año sapherequeen said…
sunny
This is an interesting topic, and one a supernatural freak such as myself would love to discuss :)

Well, mythical creatures like dragons and fairies, I am sure do not exist.

But beings such as extraterrestrials I am sure are out there. There has been evidence of aliens (UFO's, bodies being found) that we have discovered these past years, and some of the evidence is hard to ignore or write off as being caused by something natural.

Mythical creatures such as vampires and werewolves, I would believe to have existed a long time ago if not now. There have been numerous tales of both, and a little bit of evidence that greatly proved of their existence.

Lastly, like Cinders said, if the Giant Squid was proven to be a creature is living, let alone existing, then I am sure we can find a lot more :D
 This is an interesting topic, and one a supernatural freak such as myself would amor to discuss :)
hace más de un año fireraven23 said…
smile
I have a couple of things to say.
I don't mean to say things are impossible, but I'm quite skeptical. Something like Aliens, I do believe in, however, I don't think they've ever interfered with Earth. I don't believe in anything else really, other than a God. I wish for my argument to be more specific, so can we can a specific creature, such as the Slender Man? My reply would be too long if I went on about every mythical creature.
hace más de un año RiverIce said…
big smile
Well, sadly, not really. like unicorns...
no -.-
even know they should be...
but like, i think long ago, that dragons existed.
aliens and UFOs, i believe those are real.
and I believe in like giant animals (Giant Octopi, giant squids)
because, like they could of just grown to big.
and for Vampires/Werewolves
N.O.
of course they don't exist
its like someone makes a movie and then it comes to life?
The Werewolf of London?
Dracula??????
2012???!!!!
but it's not what i nessesarily "believe" in
Its the facts
Are there Aliens?
no.
even know i think there are,
chances 1 in a 1,000,000,000,000 that there is an/are "alien"[s]
Though I STRONGLY think that there is a giant squid/octopus.
So in conclusion, even know we want to make them real, we can't...
hace más de un año ducky8abug4u said…
smile
I want to believe in aliens from outerspace and undiscovered mermaids; but if they existed, we would've had prove of their existence long ago. The nearest alien (from outerspace) is most likely an amoeba floating around in a pool of water, on land that no human will ever see. The distance between our planet and another identical to ours is far too great.

We don't have the resources to go the distance. We don't have the technology. We're not even researching new ways to produce new sources of energy and due to budgetary constraints, NASA was shut down. Nevermind about aliens visiting us. It's an implausible myth. Our ability to search for these aliens might be attainable but it would take a new batch of scientist to reach the impossible, and right now, we're not ready yet. Therefore, I still maintain that no human eyes will set upon the alien formation of an amoeba or any other lifeform on any planet....that is, until new technology can be made available (you know, I can't believe I'm taking this question seriously, but here I am, lol).

As for mermaids, lol, when I was a little kid, I so wanted to believe they were real. I mean, even now, I'm still hoping they exist but the liklihood of that is slim to none. Anyway, love your questions.
hace más de un año bri-marie said…
I think so. Like Cinder's pointed out -- the giant squid was believed to be mythical. And, even now, with all our technology, they're still a rare find. We are constantly finding strange and rare creatures, some of which look like mythical beasts. And not just in the ocean. Even on land, we're finding new creatures, and re-finding creatures thought to be long gone.

I believed that dragons once existed. But, I don't think they were these fire breathing monsters. I think they were a type of flying dinosaur (probably a type of pterodactyl) that managed to live through whatever wiped out the other dinosaurs. And then, between man and the changing world, they were wiped out.

I'm not sure where I stand with faeries, goblins, and things. Majority of ancient cultures have these creatures in their lore, and they're all very similar. I find it hard to believe that there wasn't some type of creatures inspiring these stories. But are they actually faeries? I'm not sure.