Critical Analysis of Twilight Do tu agree both sides are dado a bad rep??

Jessie_Cullen posted on Apr 05, 2010 at 10:19PM
Well, on the likers side, you have crazy fan girls who will scream if you show them a book and believe it is literally perfect. Or swoon at any Pattinson or Lautner posters but haven't even read the books.
On the haters side, you have the random people who just go too far and put up death threats or something to that extreme (yeesh). Or the ones that make completely uneducated allegations.
Which is worse?? Or just any opinions related. . .
*Please ignore the username, it was from my obsession phase (yep, I'm aware it's slightly hipocritical to be posting this) and is outdated. I don't know how to change it :/* xXx
last edited on Apr 05, 2010 at 10:24PM
save

Critical Analysis of Twilight 6 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año italiangirl976 said…
I think that both sides are bad. I'm right in the middle. I'm not obsessed with the books but I still like them. And I actually read the book before all the hype with the movies and stuff. You get a lot of people who judge the books by the movies. Fan girls and haters. Its really annoying because the movies sucked but the books were good. You also get people who hate it just because it is popular and they want to be different. I think thats stupid. If you want to be different and be and individual then do something because you like not because you feel like you have to. I don't know, a lot of thoes people make me mad. They attack you if say something good or if you say something bad. Don't get me wrong, I've met a lot of people on here that can discuss it maturely but also alot of people who can't. Both sides are just as bad as the other.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año MadamOcta13 said…
smile
To be honest, I think they are both assumtions based on something the other side sees. For me, I see Twilighters as freakishly over-obsessed fans who claim to be vampire fans and can't tell me who wrote Dracula. That's what I see, but I don't make that assumption about everyone, because I know that not all Twilight fans are like that.

However, I do see how the haters can be seen as bad. Some of photos on this spot are sick, stupid, and have nothing to do with Twilight; they just want to bash it. Also, some people just go around saying that Twilight sucks without putting up a real debate.

I have my reasons that I don't like twilight, but I'm going to express them like a dignified human being.
hace más de un año Jessie_Cullen said…
rainy
Really great views ;D.
MadameOcta13, it's quite good to hear from someone who doesn't like it but understands everyone else. I think the dislikers get a bad rep from the haters, more than the other side. xXxXx
hace más de un año SimplyLaurel said…
I haven't had any experiences with rabid fans, but I have had more than enough experiences with rabid anti-fans.

There are a lot of people who dislike Twilight because it's poorly written and generally a bad book. But there are also a lot of people who hate Twilight because it's popular and they just want to be different. It's like immature teenagers who thing that being little wanna be rebels will make them look cool.
hace más de un año MadamOcta13 said…
Yeah. I think that when Twilight came out, it was so popular and practically every teenage girl obsessed over it and the fans became so crazy...it was enough to drive me away.
hace más de un año Jessie_Cullen said…
rainy
Yep, I was anti-twilight until I decided my opinion wasn't valid until I'd read them. Then I got obsessed (unfortunately), and now I'm on the fence. They're not as good as everyone makes out, but they're not terrible either :D xXx