Critical Analysis of Twilight Credit and Key Words with Images!

Cinders posted on Sep 29, 2009 at 05:28PM
Hey, folks. I've seen a lot of images lately (not all posted by the same person, FYI), that either had poor key words, no credit or neither credit NOR keywords!

I'm a writer, and I dabble in icon making, and let me say that I would not be happy if someone took my work and forgot to credit me for it, OK? So to avoid being yelled at by the artist when she finds her work on Fanpop without credit, I suggest giving credit where credit is due.

Also, tags are important. If you post a picture of Edward and Bella getting sick on a Ferris wheel for example, but the only tags you put are "twilight, anti" it's going to be hard to find that specific photo again if someone were to search for it.

Good tags for a photo like that would be "bella and edward, sick, ferris wheel, fair, vomit," etc.

OF COURSE "twilight" is a great and appropriate tag-- but try and use a few more specific key words to separate THAT picture of Bella and Edward from every OTHER "anti twilight" picture on here.

Thanks bunches, guys. And please, this isn't meant to make anyone feel bad or single anyone out-- several users have been doing this, OK, so if you feel like you've done this, be assured that you are NOT ALONE.

Critical Analysis of Twilight 2 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año renrae said…
""bella and edward, sick, ferris wheel, fair, vomit,""

What kind of image would this be, exactly? *wonders*

Really, though, it annoys me a lot when people do this. I've seen many images tagged with only 'cat' or 'twilight', and it makes it very hard to find the image in the future if you need to.
hace más de un año Cinders said…
Right, not to mention the fact that outside of Fanpop, people who search for "cat" are probably looking for cute little felines.

Also, remember, if Bella or Edward AREN'T in the picture you're posting (say it's a picture of Jacob or something), PLEASE do NOT put Bella and Edward in the tags for that image. The appropriate tag would be "Jacob Black", not "Bella and Edward." Right? Thanks. I see this kind of thing a lot too.