películas de barbie barbie as Sleeping beauty- real o not?

Lorinna posted on Jul 27, 2010 at 12:59PM
Hi! As far as I know, all fans of Barbie movies are aware of this rumour. We all read the description of this movie and hoped for a miracle. But all the time of release the movie came out ...
I'm interested in this upcoming movie, and, of course, went to Wikipedia. I found that the article "Barbie Mini-Kingdom" has been corrected, old version of the page saying that Clarette (Barbie as Sleeping Beauty) will be included in the lineup. Proof?
I've seen a complete description and a list of voice actors. Is all of this just fantasy of fans? I can't believe in it.
So, my version: a fan of Barbie movies has managed to find out which movie will be next. But it was a secret of animators, so they postponed the release of Sleeping Beauty for an indefinite period. Perhaps our grandchildren will see this movie ...
And what do you think about this movie?
Your Lorinna / Lolita.

películas de barbie 20 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año CleoCorinne said…
I don't think this movie is real...
hace más de un año MajorAbbey said…
I think it may have been real once, but it could have been cancelled or postponed.

Personally, I'd love to see it, if only because it would be nice to hear Christopher Gaze's voice in a Barbie movie again (he was cast as someone named "Renaldo", if I remember correctly).
hace más de un año Lorinna said…
smile
Oh, thank you! Yes, Christopher Gaze cast as Ronaldo/ Pongo. I think, his name in the end of the list, so...this role isn't big. :(
I was excited from the beginnin of description. Barbie tells Kelly a fairy tale- as in first Barbie movies! I so love it!
And, of course, this is may be a real classical fairy tale.
hace más de un año trustinJESUS said…
Looks good! Hope it's real!!!!!
hace más de un año faithinChrist said…
hmmm
I'd love to think it was. This would be a great story...I mean, it'd have everything I love in Barbie movies!!! But I'm afraid to hope for it...since it's been on the upcoming Barbie movies list for a long time...since before Mariposa came out, I think.
But I sure do hope it's the next movie.
smile
faithinChrist, thank you for your answer! Well, list of upcoming Barbie movies is so old! It says that Sleeping beauty & Magical twist of time came out in 2009- 2010. Instead of this Mattel relized Mermaid tale!
And yes, I hope, 2011 will be better year for Barbie movies than 2010.
hace más de un año faithinChrist said…
meh
I would love to think that 2011 would be a better year but I'm afraid that Barbie is moving more from fantasy, imagination and the arts to glamorous, pink, glitzy, fashionable celebrity-in-expensive-clothes-in-Malibu model kind of Barbie. And that's disappointing.
hmmm
Hm. Perhaps they hint to us on the Barbie movie in real life? You wrote about it on the forum. Of course, glad that everything is not lost. Though fashionable, but mermaids, fairies, kingdoms! Merilia in Mermaid tale. Only it gives me hope.
Now my head has come a bad idea: what would have happened if Sleeping Beauty, too, would be fashionable? I would not have survived.
hace más de un año barbiegirl2435 said…
surprise
I found the link:
link
I really wanna see this one, I want to hear Alessandro Juliani sing in a Barbie movie again!
sunny
Alyssa, yes, I found this information in Wikibin. And yes, Alessandro Juliani should appears in all Barbie movies! His voice is sooo beautiful!
I hear you. I want to hear Christopher Gaze speak in a Barbie movie again. Singing would be awesome, but speaking would be enough.

Sadly, I think Mattel have probably scrapped this; it's probably not modern enough for them.
hmmm
Those morons!
smile
For me, Sleeping beauty would be better movie after 3M, than Mermaid tale. I wonder, why Mattel close this project?
worried
Because they're idiots. They think little girls prefer all this glitter and fashion and pink, but they'd prob'ly like fairytales like Sleeping Beauty or Beauty and the Beast, stuff like that.
hmmm
0_0 poor little girls...I never see anywhere in the world a girl, who likes glitter and pink and fashion. And my 9-years old sister (isn't she is little girl?) refuse to watch FF with me, because she likes Rapunzel and Fairytopia more.
hmmm
Yeah, and two little girls I know like Princess and the Pauper, way more than all the other movies.
In my experience, Princess and the Pauper and 12DP are the most popular Barbie movies. I think that should speak for itself.
And I think that too, Abbey. My sister likes this movies (and magic of Pegasus). Maybe, because P&P has beautiful songs, and 12DP has wonderful dances.
hmmm
I think it's because those two movies basically summed up what girls want to see in Barbie movies; beautiful songs/dancing, bad guys who aren't too scary and likeable heroines. Nutcracker's obviously my favourite, but it was a bit dark and scary for the target audience.

I've seen reviews and comments on FF and a lot of people aren't happy with this new change.
hace más de un año jp0518 said…
smile

Here's why: link
After the success of Barbie in the Nutcracker in 2001 and Barbie of Swan Lake in 2003, Mattel Entertainment was supposed to adapt the third installment of Tchaikovsky's The Sleeping Beauty ballet into a Barbie film, titled Barbie as The Sleeping Beauty. However, the Walt Disney Company currently has a trademark application pending with the US Patent and Trademark Office, filed March 13, 2007, for the name "Princess Aurora" that would cover all live and recorded movie, television, radio, stage, computer, Internet, news, and photographic entertainment uses, except literature works of fiction and nonfiction. This has caused controversy because "Princess Aurora" is also the name of the lead character in Tchaikovsky's ballet version of the story, from which Disney acquired some of the music for its animated 1959 film Sleeping Beauty. The move also could sink any movie about the ballet or that uses a scene of the ballet in another movie. This has caused Mattel to abandon Barbie as The Sleeping Beauty film production. Therefore, a campaign has emerged to complain to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office if people feel this trademarking of a pre-existing character name should not be allowed.

Note: Found it somewhere. I do not own anything.