todos jugamos a ser alguien más Edge of Fear -Pacific Theater-

Rogue475 posted on Mar 03, 2014 at 04:00AM
On August 7th 1942, Allied forces stormed the beaches of Guadalcanal. Code-named Operation Watchtower. This was the spark that began a year long struggle to control the pacific during the Second World War. It was a day of courage, of honor, but most of all it was a day of unimaginable fear. Both the number of soldiers awaiting the word as their landing boats head toward the beach, and the Japanese Imperials who were anxiously awaiting to open fire on the overwhelming number of ships. On this day the will of good soldiers will be tested.
-You are an Allied soldier about to storm the beaches.
Nationality:
-American
-Australian
-Canadian
Ranks as follows:
(the lower you get down the list, the less action your character will see, and more of a commanding role)
-Enlisted Ranks-
Private-
Private First Class-
Coproral-
Lance Corporal-
Sergeant-
Staff Sergeant-
Master Sergeant-
~Officer Ranks~
First Lieutenant-
Second Lieutenant-
Captain-
Major-
Lt. Colonel-
_________________________________________­___­___­_
Firearms Loadout:
Keep in mind your character can use one primary weapon and one Bladed weapon. When it comes to a sidearm your character must at least be a Sergeant to carry one. Here is a list of the weapons used by the Allied forces during the War of the Pacific:

:~Allies~:
Bolt Action Rifles:~
M1903A1 Springfield; Sniper Scope, 5 round mag, Accurate, Powerful, and with a Medium rate of fire
M1907 Springfield; Iron sight, fixed bayonet, 6 round mag, Accurate and Powerful, but Jams occasionally and has a Slow rate of fire
Semi-Automatic Rifles:~
M1 Garand; Iron sight, optional fixed bayonet, 8 round mag, Accurate and has a High Stopping-Power, but jams occasionally and has a Medium rate of fire
M1 Carbine; Iron sight, optional fully-automatic, 15 round mag, Accurate, Light, and has a High fire rate, but lacks in Stopping-Power
Sub-Machine-guns:~
M1928A1 Thompson; 20 round mag, High Stopping-Power and High rate of fire, but lacks Accuracy and Jams occasionally
Light-Machine-guns:~
M1918A2 Browning Assualt Rifle; 30 round mag, High Stopping-Power and High rate of fire, but jams occasionally
M1919A4 .30 Browning; 150 round mag, High rate of fire and has Medium Stopping-Power, but is somewhat inaccurate
Pistols:~
Webley MK VI Revolver; 6 round cylinder, Accurate, Easy to handle, and has a High Stopping-Power, but has a low mag capacity and has a Medium rate of fire
Colt M1911A1; 7 round mag, High Stopping-Power, Accurate, and has a High rate of fire, yet is difficult to handle at such speed.
Last Resort Weapon:~
Steel Machete; Sharp and used to hack, but must be utilized in Close-Quarters Combat
Marine-Issued Survival Knife; Sharp and Durable, Effective for surviving in harsh environments, yet has a very low length in contrast to the Machete and Katana
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­_
Every Soldier has a Job to do, wether it be: Scout-Sniper, Rifleman, Squad Leader, Engineer, Support Gunner, Medic, or Platoon Leader.

:Profile Sheet:
_
Name:
_
Nationality:
_
Military:(Axis or Allied)
_
_
Role:
_
Company, Battalion:
_
Appearance:
_
Traits:
_
Fatigues/Attire:(Axis or Allied)
_
Firearm(s
_
Survival Gear:
_
Backstory:
(Please read the above info before creating character)
:Guadalcanal Campaign Soldiers:
:~Allied~:

United States Marine Corps 2nd Marine Division:

1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Expeditionary Unit, Fox Company-

~Corporal Blake Twombly, Support Gunner

2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Delta Company-

~First Lieutenant Anthony Doyle, Platoon Leader

~Master Sergeant Alexander Marcus, Squad Leader

~Staff Sergeant Henry Jones, Combat Medic

2nd Australian Imperial Force:
7th Battalion, 2/14 Infantry Corps-

~Lance Corporal Mathew Malacky, Scout-Sniper
last edited on Apr 27, 2014 at 04:46AM

todos jugamos a ser alguien más 48 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Rogue475 said…
Name:
_Anthony Doyle
Nationality:
_American
Military:
_USMC
_First Lieutenant
Role:
_Platoon Leader
Company, Battalion:
_2nd Battalion, Delta Company
Appearance:
_Caucasian, Male, Lean and Fit build, 6'1"
Traits:
_Calm and Calculating, Formal, Serious, and a natural born Leader.
Fatigues/Attire:
_USMC Combat Officer's Fatigues
Firearm(s
_M1 Carbine and his Officer-Issued Colt M1911A1
Survival Gear:
_Marine-Issued Survival Knife, Binoculars, Lighter, and Canteen
Backstory:
_Born in Manhatten, he went to college and became an officer in the United States Marine Corps. Almost immediately after finishing his training and him graduating from the Marine Officer's program the Pacific War began, and he was called into service. "Tony" has been with Delta Company for only a month. Because of this Tony has made it a point to out perform his men in as many evaluations as possible. This leaving him respected among them, yet they still aren't sure what to make of their new Commanding Officer.
last edited hace más de un año
 Name: _Anthony Doyle Age: _31 Nationality: _American Military: _USMC Rank: _First Lieut
Lieutenant Doyle- -August 6th, 1942- -8 Hours Before First Contact-
"How much air cover will we have?" I ask my CO(commanding officer); Lt. Colonel Jackson. He gives me an uneasy glance and sets aside his M1A1 Thompson. "Most of Zulu Squadron will be covering the bombers during the initial assault." He pauses to light a cigar. "...Intel suggests you will be met with heavy resistance. Without air support, you may need to get creative."He concludes and looks at me. "Are you ready for this?"

I sigh and take a swig of the wine Jackson had provided me. "To be honest?... I don't know what to make of them, one minute they are impressing me, the next they're forcing me to threaten a court Marshall... Just yesterday I saw Greg drinking on duty." I reply to him after taking another sip of the aged alcohol. He grins and poors himself another glass. "He's only a corporal if I'm not mistaken?" I nod to him and finish off the wine. "Yes sir, and he isn't the only one."

He then offers me a refill, but I respectively shake my head to decline. "As long as they are fit for duty... You haven't answered my question, Tony." He insists, to which I shift uncomfortably in the seat. "...Yes sir, I've been training for this my entire life." I pause and he nods, listening intently. "The men seem to respect me, but most of them still follow your orders over mine. As they rightfully should, although your no longer their commanding officer."

"When the time comes, they'll know who to follow." Jackson assures me, his eyes not wavering. My heart hoped it was true. "So... this is IT" I mutter, as if not fully comprehending I was to be leading part of the invasion force. "Indeed, and if your men take the victory, you'll be looking at Captain." He assures me and rises from his lounge chair, shaking my hand. "Delta won't let you down, sir." I nod and salute him as I take my leave. "Good luck Lieutenant, and may God be with you all." He returns the salute casually and I head out of his office, toward my own company's quarters.
hace más de un año Blaze_of_Ares said…
Name: Alexander Marcus
_
_
Nationality: American
_
Military:(Axis or Allied) Allied
_
_
Role: Squad Leader
_
Company, Battalion: Delta Company
_
Appearance:
_
Traits: Always leads the way, calm, funny.
_
Fatigues/Attire:(Axis or Allied) Allied
_
Firearms: M1903A1 Springfield, Colt M1911A1 and machete

_
Survival Gear: Survival Knife, lighter, canteen
_
 Name: Alexander Marcus _ Age: 28 _ Nationality: American _ Military:(Axis o Allied) Allied
hace más de un año Nicolicious said…
_
Name: Matthew Malacky
_
_
Nationality: Australian
_
Military:(Axis or Allied) Allied 2nd AIF(Australian Imperial Force).
_
_
Role: Scout-sniper
_
Company, Battalion: 7th Battalion 'The Silent Seventh', 2/14 Infanty Corps, Victoria.
_
Appearance: Caucasian, tanned, well built, lean, 5"11.
_
Traits: Expert marksman, good eye, works well under pressure.
_
Fatigues/Attire:(Axis or Allied) AIF Jungle Camo Fatigues.
_
Firearm(s): M1 Garand.
_
Survival Gear: AIF issued K-Bar, canteen and first aid kit.
_
Backstory: Malacky was born on a ranch in the foothills of Victoria. He soon learnt how to fire his father's rifle and started to go hunting with him. At the age of 18 he had deadeye accuracy and when WW2 rolled around, he was 20, he jumped at the chance to join the AIF. His first battles were the Seige of Tobruk and Syria Lebanon Campaign. The 2/14 Infantry Corps has now been sent to Guadalcanal to joint-force with Delta Company of the USMC.
 _ Name: Matthew Malacky _ Age: 22 _ Nationality: Australian _ Military:(Axis o Allied) Al
(Alright :-) the gangs all here, shall we go to war?)
-On board the USS Vincennes-
LT.
"Lieutenant Doyle!" I hear someone exclaim from behind, as I just enter the area designated as Delta's. A few of the men inside look up toward me and I stop, turning toward the voice. "Warrant Officer Joshua Hart, Sir, I've just received word that your company is to be set at tier 2. As of twenty minutes ago the mission parameters have changed, your now going to be joined by a new unit and will provide assistance for the second phase of the operation..." He pauses and awaits my response. But I simply stare off into the bulkhead of the steel beast, different emotions colliding all at once.

"... What about Colonel Jackson, does he know about this?" I finally murmur, after a moment of contemplating the situation. "You mean Lieutenant Colonel Jackson Harper?" The young officer raises an eyebrow, to which I nod. "He just received the message, Sir." He adds. "What's the situation, you've gotta give me more than that." I insist, taking the boy aside, away from view of the men in my company. "... Sir, it's just... An Australian force just now arrived, orders are they're part of the assault, making this a joint operation." He concludes looking up at me.

I sigh and rub my eyes, not sure what to think of these new turn of events. "... Your men will be prepping at 0400, Sir." He adds then gives me a salute. "F*cking Reinforcements..." I whisper under my breath and nod, returning the salute. He grins a little and nods, walking off. I then roll my eyes slightly and touch my hand to my temple, 'shipping out at 4:30 in the morning and we aren't even part of the main assault?...' I think to myself, then step into the large room, full of cots, desks, and men going about their business...
"Lieutenant Doyle" I say getting his attention, saluting
"Master Sergeant" I return the salute and watch as a corporal begins to stand at attention. "Officer on!-" The young man begins. "At ease
Gentlemen!" I interrupt as the men fumble to attention all at once.
(How should I come in?)
(Have your squads come into the Delta's barracks to rest.)
"Any news sir?"
"We are leaving at 0430, get your gear together and get some sleep." I pause and sigh. "We'll be providing reinforcements for 1st Battalion once we land."
I nod "Yes sir"
I enter the barracks with the other men of my infantry and sigh. "Twenty gone...so many." I mumble after counting the room and subtracting the total men here from when we began all the way in the Siege of Tobruk.
I enter my bunk and prepare some gear for later. This is it, this is war...It was inevitable. Laying on my bed, I take a look at the picture of my old home
I spot the new unit out of the corner of my eye. Sighing, I walk over to the group. "You must be two-fourteen, we have a section here for your men." I announce over the snickering Australians. "I'm Lieutenant Doyle, Get your things together and catch some shut-eye... We leave at 0430."
Lieutenant Doyle- -August 6th, 1942- -1 Hour Before First Contact-
"Alright everyone, this is it!" I call out to my company, nodding to the Silent Seventh's acting CO. "You know what to do, you know why we're here! Keep your heads on a swivel, and stay low!" I advise to them as the transport inches closer and closer to the beach.
hace más de un año Nighthawk6x said…
:Profile Sheet:
_
Name:
_ Henry Jones
Nationality:
_ American
_ USMC,Delta company
_ staff sergeant
Role:
_ Medic
Company, Battalion:
_ 2nd battalion
Appearance:
-pic
Traits:
_young Naive,stress can get to him he's talkative
_ Marine combat fatigues
Firearm(s
_ M1928A1 Thompson Colt M1911A1
Survival Gear:
_ lighter, marine issued survival knife
 :Profile Sheet: _ Name: _ Henry Jones Age: _ 20 Nationality: _ American Military:(Axis o
Lieutenant Doyle- -August 6th, 1942- -30 Minutes Before First Contact-
A gleaming sun had just risen in the East, just as we all exited out transports. The beach had already been taken by 1st Battalion, met with little resistance. "Marcus, Anders, and Smitty! Take the West flank!" I tell the three squad leaders and move over to the rest of Delta Company. "Alright boys we're moving North, toward the Airfield, keep it tight."
I follow Lieutenant Doyle to the northern Airfield. Thinking that we're going to get ambushed by the Japanese in the forest but I follow willingly
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
"Alright 2/14 you heard the Lt get moving!" Our CO, Lt Alex Banner, shouts and we all move into action. "Malacky, with me." The Lt commands.
"Yes sir," I nod and follow him while adjusting my helmet.
(Fun fact: In the AIF and ADF you can only salute if you are wearing a hat or another piece of headgear. If you aren't wearing one you stand at attention until dismissed.)
Lt. Doyle- -10 Mins Before First Contact-
Twenty minutes on the island and no resistance...? This didn't add up, 1st Battalion was pretty beat up, there had to be at least a couple thousand Japs here... But then why haven't we heard anything?' I think to myself, feeling anxious as I rush onward with Charlie Squad(My designated group).
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
"Why are we here again?" My friend Darren sighs while picking a leaf out of his jacket.
"'Cause you volunteered." I grunt trudging along with him.
"Really mate, I had no idea." He grumbles and tosses the leaf at me.
Lt. Doyle-
One of the Officers holds up his fist, indicating for the company to halt. "Harper, what do you see?" I ask the Scout Sniper, armed with his custom M1903 Springfield. "...Jesus." The Marine gulps, looking down his scope. "I count three Officers, at least a company's men..."
~Lance Corproal Malacky~
"Whadya think the Yanks see?" Darren asks as the company halts.
"No clue."
Lt Doyle- -First Contact-
"Alright, set up and await the signal, remember those Officers are the ones you target first." I tell the Sniper with a nod, turning to Charlie Squad. "We got a whole slew of em' over there... Spread the word to get ready." My hand gives a quick salute and I make my way to the various squads, letting them know whats going on and what to do... "2/14th how many snipers you got?"
"Just Lance Corporals Malacky and Potts." The Lt says nodding towards two LCs.
Lt. Doyle-
"Only three snipers..." I mutter to myself, then look towards the two. "It'll do, listen you two are gonna be right up front, but I need you guys moving..." I tell them, and nod toward their CO.
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
"Yes sir." We say in unison and salute.
Lt. Doyle-
I return the salute and motion for them to follow. Then I keep low, heading back over to Harper.
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
We follow the Lt, keeping low, and finally make it to our destination.
Lt. Doyle-
"Harper..." I whisper, creeping up on him. "Got two other marksman for'ya." I nod toward the others and position myself behind a fallen tree trunk, checking my Carbine once more.
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
"G'day, great weather we're having." I joke and give out a hand in greeting to the American marksman.
"Oh, yes lovely weather." He muses, shaking the Aussie's hand. "You know what to do right? Fire, keep moving, only stop to fire like two shots, you got that right?"
"Got it. The only thing you need to worry 'bout is Potts here. He's a cluts, so he'll probably trip over a couple of times."
"Is that right?" Harper laughs, just as a single gunshot rings out in the dead of night...
"Shit!" Potts hisses and ducks down.
Lt. Doyle-
All of the sudden a massive volley of gunfire sprays out in all directions... "Hold your fire!" I shout at the top of my lungs, but it was no use. "Son of a bitch..." I dash round the tree and find myself face to face with a jap officer, wielding a sword and pistol...
Swinging around I follow the Lt and watch the Jap officer charge at him. Raising my Garand with deadly efficiency, I pull the trigger and watch him stumble backwards as it hits his shoulder.
Lt. Doyle-
I blink at the nearby gunshot, but only phased for a split second. Just as I raise my M1 Carbine, I let loose two quick rounds into the poor fool. "Thanks!" I shout over the gunfire to the Australian Marksman.
Master Sergeant Alex Marcus
When the shooting start, I began to shoot at the Japs, before leaving to look for the Lieutenant. "Sir what are you orders?"
Lt. Doyle
"Where's your squad!?" I shout, running for cover.
~Lance Corporal Malacky~
I rush towards Lt Doyle with Potts hot on my heels. "We're surrounded. It's a trap!"
(Whaddup Star Wars reference? :D)
Rogue475 commented…
Hehehe "I've got a bad feeling about this..." hace más de un año
Lt. Doyle-
"Shit!... Um." I curse and scan the area quickly. "Fall back to first and second squad's position, set up a perimeter and hold them off! I'll get Harper!" I shout to them and sprint over to Harper's position. "We gotta move!"
Master Sergeant Marcus
"Yes sir" I flash a salute. I quickly look for my squad and order them where the Lt asked. "Make your shot count, every bullet you miss is a life loss"
Name:
_ Blake Twombly

Nationality:
_ American

_ USMC

_ Corporal

Role:
_ Support Gunner

Company, Battalion:
_ 1st Battalion, Fox Company

_ Marine Issued combat fatigues

Firearm(s
_ M1A1 Thompson, Webley MK. VI

Survival Gear:
_ Standard Issue equipment
 Name: _ Blake Twombly Age: _ 28 Nationality: _ American Military:(Axis o Allied) _
Corporal Twombly
"They're flanking!" He shouts to his Gunner, as he feeds the belt into the .30 cal machine gun. "The Japs are breaking through!" Someone screams in the distance. First Battalion, at this point, was overrun. The only thing keeping the main Jap force at bay was the MG fire. A loud ping sounds off as the final round rolls through the belt, leaving the browning dry. "Shit, Reload!" The Gunner shouts, grabbing Blake's Thompson, and firing it into an oncoming Jap charger.
"We're all out!" Blake screams, taking his Thompson from the gunner. "We have to fall back!" The Gunner nods and picks up his M1907 rifle. Both Support gunners then retreat into the forest, running for their lives as the Japs close in...

"Meiyo no tame ni!!!" A banzai Jap screams as he runs after the two, sword in hand. "Six O' Clock!" The Gunner shouts, and instantly shoots the Jap down. "Let's keep it moving!" Blake calls out to his partner, not even bothering to stop. But another six banzai's appear out of nowhere, surrounding the lone Gunner. "Blake!!!" The soldier screams as two blades simultaneously impale him. "No!... Carter!" Corporal Twombly calls out, shooting an entire mag into the charging Japs...

With not a moment to spare, Blake quickly rushes to his partner's side, checking over his wounds. "... I'm sorry... Oh god... Carter, I'm sorry." He cries, watching as his friend's life slips away. "Tenno Haika!!!" Screams an enemy from behind suddenly. In a single fluid motion; Blake draws his British .455 revolver and shoots the attacker down. "You yellow piece of shit, come at me!" He announces to the world, as he stands and reloads his Thompson, walking backwards at the same time. Several more Japs came running out to meet him...
J.Newton
I noticed some soldiers out of the forest running towards us. I say to my riflemen ."why are those troops falling back?"
Lt. Doyle~

"Harper!" The Officer shouted, watching as a bullet tore straight through the Sniper's throat. "Son of a bitch." He had cursed as he stepped away from the scene, the shock phasing him. "Harp..." The man began but was cut short when a burst of rounds pelted the foliage beside him. Tony raised his small carbine and fired a response, then ran back for his Company.

"Flash!" The Captain shouted as he ran back into view of the men. "Thunder!" Someone responded almost instantly. "Gunny! I want mortars set up covering our North and West flank! go now!"

"Cap'n, there's another Jap force moving up our Eastern Flank, we're fucking surrounded!" Screamed one of the Company's younger officers. "... You hold your position and dig in!" Doyle nodded, before spotting an ammo bearer being gunned down. "Damnit!" He cursed and picked up the heavy crate of .30 MG ammunition, and began carrying over to the Northern Flank to replenish their supply.