Vegetarians My New Year's Resolution...

Mindfreak666 posted on Jan 01, 2008 at 07:33PM
I decided that my New Year's Resolution would be to go the entire year without eating meat. I tried a couple of times but I never really stuck with it.This might be a little hard for me so any words of encouragement?

Vegetarians 6 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año doonis said…
Good luck! I'm not a vegetarian, but I used to be for five years. At first it might be hard, but after a few months, you get used to not eating meat.
hace más de un año blisslikethis said…
good for you mindfreak! some suggestions i'd have would be to find good sources of protein (tofu, soy meat, legumes) so you don't find yourself getting hungry all the time. also, find some veggie recipes that you want to try out that are easy to make and yummy :). it's a lot easier to turn back to meat when you're hungry and can't think of anything to make for dinner.

depending on your reasons for going veg, it's also a great idea to keep up with the culture. watching documentaries or reading up on things like factory farms and environmentalism can help to cement your decision to give up meat.

hope these are helpful!
hace más de un año kateliness2 said…
Another good luck from me! Stick with it and you will be rewarded and proud!
hace más de un año Mindfreak666 said…
Thanks. It's nice to have some encouragement :)
hace más de un año hellgirl223 said…
maybe i should try that
hace más de un año Nymphadora07 said…
wen i firt became a vegetarian in 5th grade, it was really hard for me to stay away from the meat my dad made. So i just realized that as long as i didn't see it, I wouldn't eat it. thats my advice : Don't have meat around the house. after that you'll get used to not eating it and it'll be a piece of cake =)