los héroes del olimpo Camp Jupiter read The Lightning Thief

labyrinth75 posted on Jun 09, 2012 at 06:15PM
Right I posted this forum last year but I decided not to carry on with it because my speculations about Roman campers may be wrong so I decided to wait until SoN came out so now 8 months on from the release I've decided to carry on with it.

CHARACTERS
Jason Grace, Son of Jupiter
Reyna, Daughter of Bellona
Hazel Levesque, Daughter of Pluto
Bobby, Son of Mercury
Dakota, Son of Bacchus
Gwen, Daughter of Minerva

Nico di Angelo and Octavion may appear in later chapters

Anyway when I submit the prologue I hope you enjoy it
last edited on Jun 14, 2012 at 02:23PM

los héroes del olimpo 14 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año bukluvr17 said…
mischievous
cool cant wait post wen u can
hace más de un año labyrinth75 said…
Right I haven't wrote a story in ages but here's the prologue.

PROLOGUE
One day at Camp Jupiter, Jason Grace and his friends (Reyna, Bobby, Hazel & Dakota) where in the Coliseum of New Rome, they were resting after tough practice fight on the Field of Mars – They were there because they thought no one would bother them (Such as Vitellius the Lar, or Octavian or even Don the Faun). They were drinking water (Or Kool-Aid in Dakota’s case), lying down or listening to there IPods.
Then as they were about to leave, a voice came from the entrance of the arena “Well done, children that was a pretty intense fight, you should take a break more often.”
Stood in the doorway was a middle-aged with curly black hair which was covered by a pith helmet. He wore a mailman’s outfit and a green man-bag was hanging from his shoulder.
“Father!” Bobby gasped and then knelt as did the four other half-bloods, “
“Lord Mercury, what brings you here?” Jason asked, looking up at the god.
“I’m here to deliver-” The god said while producing a large package from his bag. “- this parcel for Hazel Levesque.”
Hazel stared at the package in wonder. “But Lord Mercury, there must be some kind of mistake, no one other than my brother could possibly send be a package. And I haven’t ordered anything.” Mainly because I don’t know how to on a computer she added that last bit in her mind.
“Well then it must be from your brother…Nico” Mercury said cautiously.
“You know Nico?” Jason asked, but he got no reply
“Thanks, Mercury.” Hazel said, still wondering what the parcel may have inside.
“Your welcome, I must be off; Father wishes me back on Olympus and plus I have more mail to deliver.” And with that the messenger god pulled his phone from out of pocket, which transformed into his caduceus and slammed into the ground disappearing in a flash.
“So what’s in the parcel, Hazel?” Reyna asked.
“I don’t know,” Hazel replied. “Like I said I haven’t ordered anything and if Nico wanted to give me something he could have just shadow travelled here.”
“Well, like I say, I you don’t know what it is you might as well find out.” Dakota said.
“I thought you normally say anything food is good even if it’s in the trash.” Bobby asked.
“I have two.”
With that Hazel ripped off the paper which was covering a book.
“Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief.” Jason said.
In the corner of Hazel’s eye she saw Reyna’s eyes widen with shock and she was about to ask why when Jason said, “Hey, let’s read it.”
“Okay, it sounds…cool.” Reyna said, but Hazel thought Reyna had another word in mind.
“Write so let’s get to the barracks of the Fifth Cohort and start rea-” Hazel said.
“No no no and no…” said Bobby, putting his index finger on her lips to silence her “Jason and Reyna are praetors now so therefore we can read the book in the Principia am I right Reyna.”
“Yep” Reyna agreed warming to the idea.
So the five Half-bloods started to leave the coliseum when suddenly Hazel stopped abruptly.
“Hang on.” She said looking at the books in her hands. “Hey guys! There’s a card with the books.” she said, before anyone could leave.
Hazel’s friends turned back to see the note.

Dear, Hazel Levesque
These books are based on real life events (I already knew that because of the title character, Reyna thought) so do not, we repeat not, go looking for the people mentioned in the book. Please read the books in order starting with the Lightning Thief; also read these with the Praetors of Camp Jupiter above all others.
From Apollo, the god of prophecy and the three fates

“Now that we’ve read the note can we go to the Principia?” Dakota asked
“Yes, Dakota stop whining already.” Jason said obviously annoyed by his friend.
Soon the five half-bloods left the coliseum and New Rome in their tracks they walking down the Via Praetoria.

Hope you like it.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año ReadingGurl said…
Hope your able to do all te boos and pst often
I'll try to post as often as I can, but I can inform you guys ahead that from the 23rd to 7th I'll be in spain so I'll try to post as many chapters as I can before the 23rd
hace más de un año book-worm said…
Ok!! Just post soon!!!!
Right, just finished the first chapter so here it is

CHAPTER 1
“No Don, I don’t have any denarii!” Jason yelled at the faun before he swung door shut. Then after calming himself down the praetor walked over to his friends who apart from Reyna, were standing up.
“Erm…You guys going to sit down?” Reyna asked
“Sit down where?” Dakota said gesturing around the room.
“We could sit on the floor.” Hazel suggested.
“I’m not sitting on the floor and get read a book like pre-schooler.” Bobby said while sitting of the desk. “There solution solved, we can sit on the desk.”
So once everyone was settled were they were sitting Dakota asked the question that was on everybody’s minds.
“So, Hazel who’s reading first?” Dakota asked.
“My book, my rules, so Dakota can go first…that is if he can read.” She replied.
Dakota grabbed the book out Hazel’s hands and said “Of course I can read.”
I Accidentally Vaporized My Pre-Algebra Teacher
“Teacher must be monster and a smart one at that if it teaches Algebra.” Bobby commented.
“Bobby, it’s pre-algebra” Jason said.
“What’s your point?” Bobby asked, Jason didn’t answer he just motioned for Bobby to shut up and keep reading.
Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
All the half-bloods nodded in agreement, though it could be fun at times, it definitely had some draw backs.
If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is
“Why have I got a feeling he is a really bad advice giver?” Jason said which was suddenly followed by Bobby and Dakota snickering.
close this book right now. Believe what ever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.
“That’s terrible advice if you’re a half-blood, you’d get attacked by monsters and you wouldn’t know why.” Jason said.
“Not to mention you’d probably be dead.” Dakota put in before taking a sip of Kool-Aid.
“So, are we goanna do what this guy wants us to do.” Hazel asked.
“Not likely, we already know that were Half-Bloods.” Reyna said. Then all the Half-bloods nodded in agreement.
Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.
All the half-bloods nodded in agreement.
“At least he’s right about something.” Jason said.
If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think its fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.
“Anyone not a Half-Blood, raise your now.” Bobby said, sarcastically.
No one raised there hand. “Well, at least we’ve got that sorted.
But if you recognize yourself in these pages—if you feel something stirring inside—stop reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.
“Okay, I think we already know that.” Jason said.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
“Never said you didn’t.” Reyna said.

My name is Percy Jackson.
“Hate him” Reyna muttered while Dakota said, “Hi, I’m Dakota son of Bacchus”
No one noticed but Jason, “What?”
“Nothing.” She said as Dakota got pelted with books from the Bookshelves.
“I was just playing around; jeez can’t you take a joke.”
“Yep, we can but just that was just sad.” Hazel replied.
I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
“Hey, talking about New York why aren’t we allowed there?” Hazel asked, looking towards the half-bloods.
“Lupa say’s that there are a lot of monsters there, that’s why we weren’t allowed to go to Olympus after the battle of Mount Othrys.” Jason answered.
Am I a troubled kid?
“All demigods are troubled, mainly because of the more than frequent monster attacks and having Dyslexia or ADHD.” Bobby said.
Yeah. You could say that.
“See, I was right, you hear that Reyna I was right.” He said, with joy.
“I really hate Mercury children.” He answered back.
I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May, when our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-case kids and two teachers on a yellow school bus, heading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.
I know—it sounds like torture.
“No it doesn’t, it sounds really interesting especially if you learn about the monsters that way you might not get killed.” Reyna contorted.
“Yeah, I guess it does help if you know how to kill the monster-.” Dakota said.
“Before it eats-” Bobby jumped in.
“You” Dakota ended through a mouth full of Kool-Aid.
Most Yancy field trips were.
But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip, so I had hopes.
“This Mr. Brunner must be full of thrills.” Bobby sarcastically said.
“I thought you loved Latin.” Jason asked.
“I do, it’s a way to impress the ladies but I’m just putting it out there.” He replied.
Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchair. He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket, which always smelled like coffee. You wouldn't think he'd be cool, but he told stories and jokes and let us play games in class. He also had this awesome collection of Roman armour and weapons, so he was the only teacher whose class didn't put me to sleep.
“This guy is definitely cooler than he looks.” Hazel said.
“True dat ghost queen, fist punch.” Bobby said, gesturing his fist towards Hazel.
“No…” Hazel said, while shoving his fist away from her. “And why am I friends with you?” Hazel said.
“Because my Latin charms you.” He said, slyly
“Shut up, Bobby that’s not true.” She said, obviously flustered.
I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.
Boy was I wrong.
See, bad things happen to me on field trips. Like at my fifth-grade school, when we went to the Saratoga battlefield, I had this accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. I wasn't aiming for the school bus, but of course I got expelled anyway.
“Man, I want to meet this guy, if he can do that without meaning it I would pay to see what he would do if he meant to do something.” Bobby said.
“Really?” Reyna asked.
“Yep, full price well… I might steel the money that they already had to pay myself back like, but yeah.” He replied.
And before that, at my fourth-grade school, when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool, I sort of hit the wrong lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swim.
“This guy cracks me up.” Bobby said chuckling.
And the time before that... Well, you get the idea. This trip, I was determined to be good.
All the way into the city, I put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl, hitting my best friend Grover.
“Hey Bobby, I think we’ve found you a sister.” Jason said.
“Thanks but I’d prefer it if she was a legacy that way she can be a distant relative and what’s she hitting Percy’s friend with?” he replied.
“Well, if you listen to Dakota read you might find out.” Reyna said.
in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich.
“Well, at least you’ve found out what she was hitting him with.” Hazel said.
“One more question, who’s Grover?” he asked.
Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He must've been held back several grades, because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin. On top of all that, he was crippled.
“Now, you’ve found out who he is and so does everyone else, do you have anymore questions” Reyna asked.
“Two.” Dakota replied.
“What are they?” Jason asked.
“Why has he got acne if he’s in sixth grade and where’s the bathroom in here.” He asked.
“He could have been kept behind a year or he could be a faun. And as to why a faun would be in a school I don’t know.” Reyna said all but the last as if it were completely obvious.
Dakota shifted weight, “So where’s the bathroom?”
“I don’t think there’s one in here.” Hazel said “You’ll have to go somewhere else.” And with that Dakota gave Reyna the book and scurried out of the room. Well that’s what you get from drinking to much Kool-Aid Reyna thought.
He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked funny, like every step hurt him, but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.
“Definitely a Faun if he’s running for Enchiladas.” Hazel chuckled.
“Kind of like Larry then isn’t it.” Hazel said.
“Where is Gwen anyway?” Jason asked.
“She told me that she was going to feed Hannibal.” Bobby said.
Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation. The headmaster had threatened me with death by in-school suspension if anything bad, embarrassing, or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip.
“That always happens to us demigods if we have friends and enemies, we can almost never hit the enemy unless we’re playing a war game.” Jason said.
That’s when Dakota came back and sat on the desk again. “What have I missed?”
“Not much.” Hazel said.
“I’m going to kill her,” I mumbled.
“You might want to but you never will.” Dakota mumbled.
Grover tried to calm me down. “It’s okay. I like peanut butter.”
“I like peanut butter too.” Bobby said, cheerfully.
He dodged another piece of Nancy’s lunch.
“Good reflexes for a Faun.” Reyna said.
“That’s it.” I started to get up, but Grover pulled me back to my seat.
“You’re already on probation,” he reminded me. “You know who’ll get blamed if anything happens.”
“Yep, Percy will.” Dakota said.
Looking back on it, I wish I’d decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there.
“He’d just deck a girl like that.” Hazel said.
“Well, he said he wished.” Bobby said.
In-school suspension would've been nothing compared to the mess I was about to get myself into.
Jason sat forward and said “He’s about to meet his first Monster, I can feel it in my gut.”
“Plus, it kind of say’s it in the title of the chapter.” Bobby teased. Jason glared at him from his chair.
Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.
He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.
It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousand, three thousand years.
“Well, archaeologist’s normally like to keep stuff in really good condition. Or there plastic models, so no one tries to steal the really artifacts.” Reyna told them.
He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of interesting, but everybody around me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye.
“For trying to learn? That’s stupid, she’s stupid.” Bobby said.
“She’s not an actual teacher,” Jason said. “She’s his first monster.”
Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, even though she was fifty years old. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She had come to Yancy halfway through the year, when our last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.
“Although I’m not a son of Mars, I’ve got to say I love Harleys,” Bobby said wistfully, he was thinking how Gwen might like him in he had a Harley. “But I wouldn’t like Lord Mars driving it towards me.”
“Why would he that?” Hazel asked.
“Probably if I really ticked him off.” Bobby said.
From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn. She would point her crooked finger at me and say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew I was going to get after-school detention for a month.
“She’s definitely the monster.” Reyna said, she was starting to feel sympathy for the guy who had destroyed her previous home.
One time, after she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnight, I told Grover I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, real serious, and said, "You're absolutely right."
Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.
“Why, the heck is he telling them about Greek funeral art, not Roman, they’re much better than the Greek ones.” Jason wondered.
“Well, he’s a teacher they’re supposed to teach.” Said Hazel, while staring at him as if he’d just said Furies won’t you. There were many words to describe Jason but none of them was stupid.
“Yeah, but he’s a Latin teacher, he should be teaching them about Romans.” Jason told them all.
“Jason, you’re right it is weird that Latin teacher would teach people about the Greeks.
Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and I turned around and said, "Will you shut up?"
It came out louder than I meant it to.
The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story.
“Uh oh.” Dakota muttered.
"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"
“I doubt he did have a comment.” Hazel said.
My face was totally red. I said, "No, sir."
“See, no comment.” She grinned.
Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?
“No, I can’t what about you Dakota.” Bobby asked.
“Bobby…” Dakota said slowly. “We can’t see that stele that Brunner’s talking about.”
“I know” he replied. “I was just joking.”
I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his kids, right?"
“Who’s Kronos? And wasn’t it Saturn who ate his kids?” Hazel asked.
“Saturn was called Kronos before we Romans conquered Greece.” Reyna said.
"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied.
“Of course he wouldn’t be satisfied, it’s an unsatisfactory answer.” Jason said.
"And he did this because ..."
"Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god,
“He’s right you know.” Bobby said.
“No he wasn’t, Saturn no Kronos no you know what I mean, was the king of the Titans,” Hazel said. “Reyna, please could you pass me the book.”
Then Hazel whacked Bobby over the head with book. “That’s for knowing mythology is real and still saying Saturn was a god and plus, I’ve been here two weeks and I know that.” Then she passed Bobby the book back.
and—"
"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.
"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them, right? But his wife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead.
“What was Saturn, Bobby?” Hazel asked.
“Go-” he said, before he remembered. “Titan, Miss Levesque.” He said the words like he was reading them off a monotone.
“Good boy.” She praised.
And later, when Zeus grew up, he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters—"
"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.
"—and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods won."
Some snickers from the group.
“Why are they snickering at him, he got the question right.” Hazel asked.
“Because kids like them are mean.” Jason answered.
Behind me, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life. Like it's going to say on our job applications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"
"And why, Mr. Jackson," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question, does this matter in real life?"
“Oh!, burned Bobofit.” Dakota and Bobby shouted.
“Well, if you’re a demigod, in which this guy is. It will be indefinitely important to survive.” Reyna said.
"Busted," Grover muttered.
"Shut up," Nancy hissed her face even brighter red than her hair.
At least Nancy got packed, too. Mr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything wrong. He had radar ears.
I thought about his question, and shrugged. "I don't know, sir."
"I see." Mr. Brunner looked disappointed. "Well, half credit, Mr. Jackson. Zeus did indeed feed Kronos a mixture of mustard and wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of course, being immortal gods, had been living and growing up completely undigested in the Titan's stomach. The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces with his own scythe, and scattered his remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld. On that happy note, it's time for lunch. Mrs. Dodds, would you lead us back outside?"
The class drifted off, the girls holding their stomachs, the guys pushing each other around and acting like doofuses.
Grover and I were about to follow when Mr. Brunner said, "Mr. Jackson."
I knew that was coming.

I told Grover to keep going. Then I turned toward Mr. Brunner. "Sir?"
Mr. Brunner had this look that wouldn't let you go— intense brown eyes that could've been a thousand years old and had seen everything.
“Wow, that’s the longest any of you guys have gone without talking.” Jason said.
“Yeah, well you cut the silence, Prince of lightning.” Bobby contorted.
Jason scowled him “Prince of Lightning?” he asked.
“Well…you know. Your dad’s the king of the gods and he’s the god of lightning, so you the prince of lightning.” Bobby explained. Jason just scowled at him again and motioned for Reyna to carry on.
"You must learn the answer to my question," Mr. Brunner told me.
"About the Titans?"
“Bobby, still needs to learn that one.” Reyna said.
"About real life. And how your studies apply to it."
“He needs to learn that one too.” Reyna said.
“Hey…Hurtful.” The son of Mercury moaned.
"Oh."
[b] "What you learn from me," he said, "is vitally important. I expect you to treat it as such. I will accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson."

“Who the heck is that guy, because he’s obviously no one at camp or in New Rome?” Reyna asked.
“Well, if we read the rest of the book we might find out.” Dakota said, imitating Reyna’s voice.
I wanted to get angry; this guy pushed me so hard.
“Getting pushed hard is good for demigod training.” Jason asked.
I mean, sure, it was kind of cool on tournament days, when he dressed up in a suit of Roman armour and shouted: "What ho!'" and challenged us, sword-point against chalk, to run to the board and name every Greek and Roman person who had ever lived, and their mother, and what god they worshipped.
“Like Hazel said, Brunner is cooler than he looks.” Reyna smiled, beginning to like this Mr. Brunner.
But Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else, despite the fact that I have dyslexia and attention deficit disorder and I had never made above a C— in my life. No—he didn't expect me to be as good; he expected me to be better. And I just couldn't learn all those names and facts, much less spell them correctly.
“Hey, I have the same thing, so have some of my friends.” Bobby said, putting his arms around Hazel and Dakota.
“How the my dad did you survive Lupa’s test.” Hazel asked in wonder.
“A Tooth, two elastic bands and…my backpack.” He replied.
I mumbled something about trying harder, while Mr. Brunner took one long sad look at the stele, like he'd been at this girl's funeral.
“He couldn’t have, even if Brunner was a half-blood he can’t be older than a museum peace.” Reyna told them, because although she liked Brunner it was annoying how mysterious he was.

He told me to go outside and eat my lunch.
The class gathered on the front steps of the museum, where we could watch the foot traffic along Fifth Avenue.
Overhead, a huge storm was brewing, with clouds blacker than I'd ever seen over the city. I figured maybe it was global warming or something, because the weather all across New York State had been weird since Christmas.
“Hey, Sparky how come your dad’s angry?” Dakota said.
“Don’t you remember around 2005 or 2006 there were rumors about someone stealing my dad’s master bolt?” Jason replied.
We'd had massive snow storms, flooding, wildfires from lightning strikes. I wouldn't have been surprised if this was a hurricane blowing in.
“Wow, your dad must have been really angry.” Dakota said.
“Wouldn’t your dad be angry if someone stole his caduceus?” Jason said.
“Guess so.”
Nobody else seemed to notice. Some of the guys were pelting pigeons with Lunchable crackers. Nancy Bobofit was trying to pickpocket something from a lady's purse, and, of course, Mrs. Dodds wasn't seeing a thing.
Grover and I sat on the edge of the fountain, away from the others. We thought that maybe if we did that, everybody wouldn't know we were from that school—the school for loser freaks who couldn't make it elsewhere.
“Wonder if they succeeded?” Hazel asked.
“Probably not.” Reyna said.
"Detention?" Grover asked.
"Nah," I said. "Not from Brunner. I just wish he'd lay off me sometimes. I mean—I'm not a genius."
“So, not a child of Minerva.” Reyna said.
“Obviously,” Bobby said. “In a fight of knowledge I would win.”
Grover didn't say anything for a while. Then, when I thought he was going to give me some deep philosophical comment to make me feel better, he said, "Can I have your apple?"
“Huh, Random.” Dakota chuckled.
I didn't have much of an appetite, so I let him take it.
“More like it was because it was apple, I’m on Planet Junk food too.” Dakota said with a wink.
“Shut up, Dakota.” Hazel said.
I watched the stream of cabs going down Fifth Avenue, and thought about my mom's apartment, only a little ways uptown from where we sat. I hadn't seen her since Christmas. I wanted so bad to jump in a taxi and head home. She'd hug me and be glad to see me, but she'd be disappointed, too. She'd send me right back to Yancy, remind me that I had to try harder, even if this was my sixth school in six years and I was probably going to be kicked out again. I wouldn't be able to stand that sad look she'd give me.
“Is someone missing his mommy?” Dakota said.
“Oh come on Dakota, from what I remember hearing when I slept in the barracks you couldn’t go a night without crying that you’re not anywhere near your mom.” Bobby said.
Then Dakota fell silent, obviously embarrassed of what he was just told.
Mr. Brunner parked his wheelchair at the base of the handicapped ramp. He ate celery while he read a paperback novel. A red umbrella stuck up from the back of his chair, making it look like a motorized cafe table.
I was about to unwrap my sandwich when Nancy Bobofit appeared in front of me with her ugly friends—I guess she'd gotten tired of stealing from the tourists—and dumped her half-eaten lunch in Grover's lap.
"Oops." She grinned at me with her crooked teeth. Her freckles were orange, as if somebody had spray-painted her face with liquid Cheetos.
“I really hate that girl.” Jason said while gritting his teeth.
I tried to stay cool. The school counselor had told me a million times, "Count to ten, get control of your temper." But I was so mad my mind went blank. A wave roared in my ears.
“This is goanna be good.” Hazel said, she had never liked bullies. Now or in the 20th century.
I don't remember touching her, but the next thing I knew, Nancy was sitting on her butt in the fountain, screaming, "Percy pushed me!"
Mrs. Dodds materialized next to us.
“She must be a really scary teacher to have during a test.” Hazel said.
“Wimp.” Bobby murmured it was meant to come out silent but in the end it came out loud.
“Say’s the guy who taken four potty breaks right before the battle on Mount Tam.” Jason said sticking up for Hazel.
“I was nervous.”
Some of the kids were whispering: "Did you see—"
"—the water—"
"—like it grabbed her—"
“Jason you don’t think?” Reyna asked.
“It can’t be.” He replied.
“Can’t be what, what are you guys talking about.” Dakota asked.
“They’re talking about who Percy’s dad is.” Hazel said.
“And we think…his dads Neptune.” Jason said.
Silence…almost everyone was thinking why Neptune might father a child when he would be shunned at camp. Bobby was thinking that Percy was just an awesome dude with cool water powers. And Reyna thought to herself That explains how he got off the island so quickly.
I didn't know what they were talking about. All I knew was that I was in trouble again.
“That means BUSTED!” Bobby shouted.
As soon as Mrs. Dodds was sure poor little Nancy was okay, promising to get her a new shirt at the museum gift shop, etc., etc., Mrs. Dodds turned on me. There was a triumphant fire in her eyes, as if I'd done something she'd been waiting for all semester. "Now, honey—"
“Must’ve noticed his half-bloodish powers.” Hazel said.
"I know," I grumbled. "A month erasing workbooks."
“I bet he wishes he was that lucky.” Reyna said.
That wasn't the right thing to say.
"Come with me," Mrs. Dodds said.
"Wait!" Grover yelped. "It was me. I pushed her."
I stared at him, stunned. I couldn't believe he was trying to cover for me. Mrs. Dodds scared Grover to death.
“He’s the bravest faun I’ve ever met.” Jason said as he respected Grover’s courage.
She glared at him so hard his whiskery chin trembled.
"I don't think so, Mr. Underwood," she said.
"But—"
"You—will—stay—here."
Grover looked at me desperately.
"It's okay, man," I told him. "Thanks for trying."
"Honey," Mrs. Dodds barked at me. "Now."
Nancy Bobofit smirked.
I gave her my deluxe I'll-kill-you-later stare.
“Ah! I’m Terrified.” Dakota said, sarcastically.
Then I turned to face Mrs. Dodds, but she wasn't there. She was standing at the museum entrance, way at the top of the steps, gesturing impatiently at me to come on.
How'd she get there so fast?
“Must have lost her Patience, she might have forgot to go human speed.” Jason said.
I have moments like that a lot, when my brain falls asleep or something, and the next thing I know I've missed something, as if a puzzle piece fell out of the universe and left me staring at the blank place behind it. The school counselor told me this was part of the ADHD, my brain misinterpreting things.
I wasn't so sure.
I went after Mrs. Dodds.
Halfway up the steps, I glanced back at Grover. He was looking pale, cutting his eyes between me and Mr. Brunner, like he wanted Mr. Brunner to notice what was going on, but Mr. Brunner was absorbed in his novel.
“He noticed more stuff than Dakota or Bobby ever could.” Reyna said.
“Hurtful.” Dakota and Bobby moaned.
I looked back up. Mrs. Dodds had disappeared again. She was now inside the building, at the end of the entrance hall.
Okay, I thought. She's going to make me buy a new shirt for Nancy at the gift shop.
But apparently that wasn't the plan.
I followed her deeper into the museum. When I finally caught up to her, we were back in the Greek and Roman section.
Except for us, the gallery was empty.
Mrs. Dodds stood with her arms crossed in front of a big marble frieze of the Greek gods. She was making this weird noise in her throat, like growling.
Even without the noise, I would've been nervous. It's weird being alone with a teacher, especially Mrs. Dodds. Something about the way she looked at the frieze, as if she wanted to pulverize it...
"You've been giving us problems, honey," she said.
I did the safe thing. I said, "Yes, ma'am."
She tugged on the cuffs of her leather jacket. "Did you really think you would get away with it?"
“I’m starting to think she’s not talking about getting the mean girl a T-shirt.” Bobby said.
“You’ve only just starting to think that.” Hazel questioned.
The look in her eyes was beyond mad. It was evil.
She's a teacher, I thought nervously. It's not like she's going to hurt me.
Everyone snorted darkly at that thought.
I said, "I'll—I'll try harder, ma'am."
Thunder shook the building.
"We are not fools, Percy Jackson," Mrs. Dodds said. "It was only a matter of time before we found you out. Confess, and you will suffer less pain."
I didn't know what she was talking about.
All I could think of was that the teachers must've found the illegal stash of candy I'd been selling out of my dorm room.
“It must have been that.” Dakota said.
“Idiot.” Bobby murmured.
Or maybe they'd realized I got my essay on Tom Sawyer from the Internet without ever reading the book and now they were going to take away my grade. Or worse, they were going to make me read the book.
“That’s a really good book, Dakota you should read it someday.” Bobby insisted.
Dakota shivered at the thought.
“Shut up, you’ve never read it either.”
"Well?" she demanded.
"Ma'am, I don't..."
"Your time is up," she hissed.
Then the weirdest thing happened. Her eyes began to glow like barbecue coals. Her fingers stretched, turning into talons. Her jacket melted into large, leathery wings. She wasn't human. She was a shriveled hag with bat wings and claws and a mouth full of yellow fangs, and she was about to slice me to ribbons.
Then things got even stranger.
Mr. Brunner, who'd been out in front of the museum a minute before, wheeled his chair into the doorway of the gallery, holding a pen in his hand.
"What ho, Percy!" he shouted, and tossed the pen through the air.
“What’s a pen going to do to a fury” Jason asked.
Mrs. Dodds lunged at me.
With a yelp, I dodged and felt talons slash the air next to my ear. I snatched the ballpoint pen out of the air, but when it hit my hand, it wasn't a pen anymore.
It was a sword—Mr. Brunner's bronze sword, which he always used on tournament day.
“That is what the pen is going to do” Bobby cheered.
Mrs. Dodds spun toward me with a murderous look in her eyes.
My knees were jelly. My hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the sword.
She snarled, "Die, honey!"
“She can drop the honey thing now!” Reyna screamed, really annoyed.
And she flew straight at me.
Absolute terror ran through my body. I did the only thing that came naturally: I swung the sword.
The metal blade hit her shoulder and passed clean through her body as if she were made of water. Hisss!
“That was too easy.” Reyna said.
Mrs. Dodds was a sand castle in a power fan. She exploded into yellow powder, vaporized on the spot, leaving nothing but the smell of sulphur and a dying screech and a chill of evil in the air, as if those two glowing red eyes were still watching me.
I was alone.
There was a ballpoint pen in my hand.
"I wonder if that Grover guy’s will still let the Mist affect Percy after that." Hazel said, rolling her eyes.
Mr. Brunner wasn't there. Nobody was there but me.
My hands were still trembling. My lunch must've been contaminated with magic mushrooms or something.
“I wonder what magic mushrooms taste like.” Dakota said.
“Trust me, there nasty.” Jason replied.
“How would you know?” he asked, but Jason just glared at Bobby who was smirking.
Had I imagined the whole thing?
“No, no you haven’t.” Bobby said.
I went back outside.
It had started to rain.
Grover was sitting by the fountain, a museum map tented over his head. Nancy Bobofit was still standing there, soaked from her swim in the fountain, grumbling to her ugly friends. When she saw me, she said, "I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your butt."
I said, "Who?"
"Our teacher. Duh!"
I blinked. We had no teacher named Mrs. Kerr. I asked Nancy what she was talking about.
She just rolled her eyes and turned away.
I asked Grover where Mrs. Dodds was.
He said, "Who?"
“That must’ve been annoying.” Reyna said.
But he paused first, and he wouldn't look at me, so I thought he was messing with me.
“He’s a colossal failure at lying.” Bobby said, really disappointed at the fauns lying.
“Maybe you could teach him how to be a good liar.” Hazel suggested.
“You know what,” he said crossing his arms. “If I ever meet him I will.”
"Not funny, man," I told him. "This is serious."
Thunder boomed overhead.
I saw Mr. Brunner sitting under his red umbrella, reading his book, as if he'd never moved.
I went over to him.
He looked up, a little distracted. "Ah, that would be my pen. Please bring your own writing utensil in the future, Mr. Jackson."
Everyone chuckled at that.
I handed Mr. Brunner his pen. I hadn't even realized I was still holding it.
"Sir," I said, "where's Mrs. Dodds?"
He stared at me blankly. "Who?"
"The other chaperone. Mrs. Dodds. The pre-algebra teacher."
He frowned and sat forward, looking mildly concerned. "Percy, there is no Mrs. Dodds on this trip. As far as I know, there has never been a Mrs. Dodds at Yancy Academy. Are you feeling all right?"
“End of Chapter, who wants to read next?” Bobby asked.
“I will,” a girl said. “What are you guys reading?”
Standing next to Bobby was a brunette of about sixteen years old. Bobby thought that the girl looked beautiful especially her cloudy grey eyes. She wore a simple white denim shirt, jeans and on her arm was a tattoo. It was just like any Camp Jupiter tattoo, the SPQR just in the right place, with nine black lines like bar codes and the image of a bird: a dove.
“He-Hey Gwen” Bobby stuttered. “Erm I’m reading, I mean we’re reading a book about a demigod.”
“What’s the book called?” she asked.
“It’s called the Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.” Hazel told the centurion.
“Cool,” she said squeezing onto the end of the desk, right next Bobby. “Where are you up to?”
“Cha-chapter two.” Bobby hyperventilated, like a fan girl standing next to Justin Beiber.
Gwen was handed the book and she started to read.

So...hope you guys liked it and even if you didn't please comment
hace más de un año gameteen said…
This is cool (In my opinion)
hace más de un año demigod324 said…
This is really good
I'm sorry, I haven't put a chapter up yet it's just that my dads hoging the computer and it was my sisters birthday yesterday so i haven't had enough time to finish a chapter.
But on chapter 2 I'm on to the bit where Percy's outside Chiron's office so i'm probably going to post tomorrow or tuesday, wednesday at the latest.
hace más de un año ktayl7980818 said…
I loved it. In fact I'm fanning you!
Okay I decided to give half now and half on tuesday or wednesday.

CHAPTER 2: PART 1
Three Old Ladies Knit the Socks of Death
“So three old ladies knit Thanatos’ socks” Bobby said, nodding his head as if it made complete sense.
“No Bobby,” Gwen giggled. “I think the chapter refers to the fates.”
“Oh.”
I was used to the occasional weird experience,
“I bet the weird experiences double when he discovers he’s a half-blood.” Dakota laughs.
“Bet how much?” Bobby asked.
“Three denarii”
“Okay, I bet three denarii that his weird experiences triple.” Betted Bobby.
but usually they were over quickly.
This twenty-four/seven hallucination was more than I could handle. For the rest of the school year, the entire campus seemed to be playing some kind of trick on me. The students acted as if they were completely and totally convinced that Mrs. Kerr—a perky blond woman whom I'd never seen in my life until she got on our bus at the end of the field trip—had been our pre-algebra teacher since Christmas.
Every so often I would spring a Mrs. Dodds reference on somebody,
“It won’t work” Reyna commented, shaking her hand. The other half-bloods within the room nodded in agreement.
“I love the Mist!” Bobby exclaimed, turning towards Jason. He waved his hand and said “These are not the droids you are looking for”
“Dude…that won’t work and if you do that again I’m going to make you feed the giant eagles.”
Bobby shivered, he remembered the first time that happened and it wasn’t the most hygienic place.
just to see if I could trip them up, but they would stare at me like I was psycho.
That’s because he is. Just like the previous relative Neptune had at camp. Reyna thought.
Jason put his hand on her knee, which probably made her blush. “What’s the matter you keep staring at the book?”
“Nothing…honestly Jason I’m fine.”
“Or you sure.”
Reyna couldn’t believe she was keeping her secret from her friends she’d known all of them apart from Hazel for three years and she still hadn’t had the courage to tell them. Now they were reading about the guy who destroyed her home it was harder than ever. She eventually told her friends that she was fine and that they should carry on reading.
It got so I almost believed them—Mrs. Dodds had never existed.
Almost.
But Grover couldn't fool me.
“Grover’s the funniest faun I’ve ever heard of. Well more entertaining than Don.” Hazel chuckled.
When I mentioned the name Dodds to him, he would hesitate, and then claim she didn't exist. But I knew he was lying.
“Well, that is a big giveaway.” Bobby remarked in a teacherly voice.
Something was going on. Something had happened at the museum.
I didn't have much time to think about it during the days, but at night, visions of Mrs. Dodds with talons and leathery wings would wake me up in a cold sweat.
“Man, I hate dreams like that.” Everyone chorused, lead by Dakota.
“Although we call them dreams they’re really nightmares.” Gwen reminded them.
The freak weather continued,
“That would be the king of thunder’s fault.” Dakota muttered after taking a sip of his drink.
Thunder boomed overhead.
“Dude, don’t blame my dad unless you want to become a potato chip.” Jason contorted.
“Yeah what are you going to do about it?” Bobby asked.
Thunder boomed overhead…again.
“Point taken.”
which didn't help my mood. One night, a thunderstorm blew out the windows in my dorm room. A few days later, the biggest tornado ever spotted in the Hudson Valley touched down only fifty miles from Yancy Academy.
“Okay…overkill.” Gwen muttered and Bobby snickered.
One of the current events we studied in social studies class was the unusual number of small planes that had gone down in sudden squalls in the Atlantic that year.
I started feeling cranky and irritable most of the time. My grades slipped from Ds to Fs.
“Dude we don’t care about your grades, get to the bit about the fates.” Bobby said.
“There might be something important,” Reyna snapped. “That’s why he’s not getting strait to the point.”
I got into more fights with Nancy Bobofit and her friends.
“Who’s Nancy?” Gwen asked.
“A red headed, freckled freak.” Hazel said.
“Why’s she a freak?”
Jason gave her a short description of what Nancy was like. Description and personality.
I was sent out into the hallway in almost every class.
Finally, when our English teacher, Mr. Nicoll, asked me for the millionth time why I was too lazy to study for spelling tests, I snapped. I called him an old sot.
“Nice one, Percy” Dakota laughed.
I wasn't even sure what it meant, but it sounded good.
The headmaster sent my mom a letter the following week, making it official: I would not be invited back next year to Yancy Academy.
Back in the 40’s I would have got the cane for that. Hazel thought.
Fine, I told myself. Just fine.
I was homesick.
I think Percy’s missing hi-” Dakota started.
“Dakota.” Jason warned.
I wanted to be with my mom in our little apartment on the Upper East Side, even if I had to go to public school and put up with my obnoxious stepfather
Reyna and Jason raised there eyebrows, they were both thinking about there family problems. Reyna thought about Hylla joining the Amazons rather than coming to Camp Jupiter with her. And Jason thought about the faint memory of his sister, Thalia and his mother. Okay that just brings back bad memories he thought.
and his stupid poker parties.
“Dude!” Dakota and Bobby shouted in unison. “Poker parties are cool.”
“Yeah, but think about it. We haven’t met his stepfather yet, he could be total jerk. That could be the reason Percy thinks there stupid.” Reyna reasoned.
And yet... there were things I'd miss at Yancy. The view of the woods outside my dorm window, the Hudson River in the distance, the smell of pine trees. I'd miss Grover, who'd been a good friend,
Hazel smiled; she wished all fauns were like Grover.
even if he was a little strange.
Everyone laughed at that.
I worried how he'd survive next year without me.
I'd miss Latin class, too—Mr. Brunner's crazy tournament days and his faith that I could do well.
“He certainly seems like a great teacher.” Reyna muttered. She was still annoyed that Brunner seemed to know Percy was a half-blood, yet he didn’t seem like a monster. Plus if this story was in the past where was Percy Jackson surviving if not at Camp Jupiter.
As exam week got closer, Latin was the only test I studied for.
“He should be proud; he doesn’t seem like the studying type.” Jason said.
“But what about all the other subjects like math, science and English.” Gwen protested.
“Latin’s more important than them if you’re a half-blood.” Hazel reminded her.
I hadn't forgotten what Mr. Brunner had told me about this subject being life-and-death for me. I wasn't sure why, but I'd started to believe him.
“You should if he knows you’re a half-blood.” Reyna said.
“But what if Brunner’s a monster!” Bobby protested.
“I doubt that.” Dakota swigged his Kool-Aid. “If he was a monster, he could have left Dodds to kill him.”
“True.”
“So, are we settled at Brunner’s just a mysterious good guy.” Gwen asked and the demigods in the principia nodding in agreement.
The evening before my final, I got so frustrated I threw the Cambridge Guide to Greek Mythology across my dorm room.
"How could he throw a textbook?" Gwen scolded, "All that useful information."
“It’s just a book calm down.” Jason said.
She scolded him, “I will not calm down.”
Words had started swimming off the page, circling my head, the letters doing one-eighties as if they were riding skateboards. There was no way I was going to remember the difference between Chiron and Charon,
“Chiron was a centaur who taught Greek heroes and-” Jason started.
“Charon is the ferryman in the underworld.” Reyna finished.
Jason and Reyna stared at each other for a moment. Both of them were starting to have an idea.
“Whoa, hold up. Aren’t centaurs bad? I am thing about the guys who have horse’s behinds and horns aren’t I” Bobby asked
“Yeah but the Greek ones were all drunk well except for Chiron…who was sophisticated and smart.” Gwen’s eyes widened as she realized what Jason and Reyna were thinking.
or Polydictes and Polydeuces. And conjugating those Latin verbs? Forget it.
“Actually there quite easy now.” Dakota said, thoughtfully while Bobby nodded his head.
I paced the room, feeling like ants were crawling around inside my shirt.
Bobby’s eyes lit up, that’s a great prank idea! he thought
I remembered Mr. Brunner's serious expression, his thousand-year-old eyes. I will accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson.
I took a deep breath. I picked up the mythology book.
Gwen nodded in approval.
I'd never asked a teacher for help before. Maybe if I talked to Mr. Brunner, he could give me some pointers. At least I could apologize for the big fat F I was about to score on his exam. I didn't want to leave Yancy Academy with him thinking I hadn't tried.
“Brunner must be the best teacher he’s ever had.” Reyna said.
I walked downstairs to the faculty offices. Most of them were dark and empty, but Mr. Brunner's door was ajar, light from his window stretching across the hallway floor.
I was three steps from the door handle when I heard voices inside the office.
Mr. Brunner asked a question. A voice that was definitely Grover's said, "... worried about Percy, sir."
I froze.
"Eavesdropper!" Bobby laughed.
I'm not usually an eavesdropper, but I dare you to try not listening if you hear your best friend talking about you to an adult.
"I guess I would too…" Reyna said.
I inched closer.
"... alone this summer," Grover was saying. "I mean, a Kindly One in the school! Now that we know for sure, and they know too—"
"We would only make matters worse by rushing him," Mr. Brunner said. "We need the boy to mature more."
“Shame, Lupa couldn’t have told Bobby to go home and come to camp when he’s matured.” Jason joked.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” Someone exclaimed and it wasn’t Bobby, it was Gwen.
Even Gwen looked surprised at her outburst. And when Hazel asked her if she liked Bobby, she turned crimson.
She leaned over towards Hazel and muttered quietly enough for only her friend to hear. “Possibly.”
"Will have to be resolved without him, Grover. Let him enjoy his ignorance while he still can."
"Sir, he saw her..."
"His imagination," Mr. Brunner insisted. "The Mist over the students and staff will be enough to convince him of that."
“Oh come on,” Hazel said. “Reyna, Jason we know that you’ve got a suspicion. So who do you think Brunner is?”
Reyna and Jason came to an agreement: they need to know.
“We…we think he’s Chiron the centaur.”
“I knew it” Gwen exclaimed.
“So…does that mean the rumors about Greek half-bloods are real?” Hazel asked “I mean…he was the trainer of Greek heroes and demigods are heroes so…”
“Probably,” Jason said. “and guys I think that means Percy’s a Greek.”
“So what, I still think he’s awesome.” Bobby said.
"Sir, I ... I can't fail in my duties again." Grover's voice was choked with emotion. "You know what that would mean."
“Oh, great another riddle.” Reyna muttered.
"You haven't failed, Grover," Mr. Brunner said kindly. "I should have seen her for what she was. Now let's just worry about keeping Percy alive until next fall—"
[b] The mythology book dropped out of my hand and hit the floor with a thud.

"And here we go again.” Gwen growled.
“Cut him some slack, Bookworm.” Dakota slurped through his empty beaker. “His best friend and his favorite teacher are talking about trying to keep him alive.”
In response Gwen kept reading.
Mr. Brunner went silent.
“Oh, oh” Bobby murmured.
My heart hammering, I picked up the book
"Thank you." Guess who said that.
and backed down the hall.
A shadow slid across the lighted glass of Brunner's office door, the shadow of something much taller than my wheelchair-bound teacher, holding something that looked suspiciously like an archer's bow.
“Where do his hind-legs go?” Reyna asked.
Nobody had an answer, so the demigods kept reading.
I opened the nearest door and slipped inside.
“Stealthy” Bobby said, sarcastically.
A few seconds later I heard a slow clop-clop-clop, like muffled wood blocks, then a sound like an animal snuffling right outside my door. A large, dark shape paused in front of the glass, and then moved on.
A bead of sweat trickled down my neck.
Somewhere in the hallway, Mr. Brunner spoke. "Nothing," he murmured. "My nerves haven't been right since the winter solstice."
“What happened during the winter solstice?” Reyna asked.
“Some rumors say my Dads master bolt was stolen.” Jason said. “But in my dreams Jupiter hasn’t said a thing about losing it.”
"Mine neither," Grover said. "But I could have sworn ..."
"Go back to the dorm," Mr. Brunner told him. "You've got a long day of exams tomorrow."
"Don't remind me."
"I wonder what Grover’s going to say when Percy’s not at the dorm.” Dakota said.
The lights went out in Mr. Brunner's office.
I waited in the dark for what seemed like forever.
“You don’t even know what forever means unless you go to a Senate Meeting.” Dakota scoffed.
Finally, I slipped out into the hallway and made my way back up to the dorm.
Grover was lying on his bed, studying his Latin exam notes like he'd been there all night.
"Hey," he said, bleary-eyed. "You going to be ready for this test?"
I didn't answer.
“That’s an answer in itself.” Gwen said.
"You look awful." He frowned. "Is everything okay?"
“No” Bobby snorted.
"Just... tired."
Right after Gwen said that line, Aurum and Argentum walked into the room, growling at the book as if they knew Percy was lying.
“Where have they been?” Jason asked.
“No doubt looking for us, we must have been in the coliseum for ages.” Reyna smirked.
“What time is it anyway?” Hazel asked.
Gwen looked at her watch and declared it was almost time for dinner.
“What!” Bobby and Dakota shouted.
“Two words” Hazel grinned “Time flies.”
I turned so he couldn't read my expression, and started getting ready for bed.
I didn't understand what I'd heard downstairs. I wanted to believe I'd imagined the whole thing.
“Sorry dude.” Jason really did feel sorry for him. Jason had never got to live a normal life – well as normal as you can when you’re a half-blood – Jason was taken from his mother and sister, at an early age – twelve years ago – so he had practically grown up around Lars, fauns and countless other things. But to discover you’re a half-blood after twelve years living in the mortal world, it must have been pretty hard.
But one thing was clear: Grover and Mr. Brunner were talking about me behind my back. They thought I was in some kind of danger.
“You are in danger.” Reyna countered.
The next afternoon, as I was leaving the three-hour Latin exam, my eyes swimming with all the Greek and Roman names I'd misspelled, Mr. Brunner called me back inside.
“You don’t think he knows Percy was there do you?” Hazel asked.
“I don’t think so.” The son of Bacchus mumbled, “Brunner/Chiron wouldn’t corner him in front of a bunch of mortals.” He said the words with less enthusiasm than before - he was looking forward to lunch because then he could fill up on Kool-Aid.
For a moment, I was worried he'd found out about my eavesdropping the night before, but that didn't seem to be the problem.
"Percy," he said. "Don't be discouraged about leaving Yancy. It's ... it's for the best."
His tone was kind, but the words still embarrassed me. Even though he was speaking quietly, the other kids finishing the test could hear. Nancy Bobofit smirked at me and made sarcastic little kissing motions with her lips.
Reyna became furious, although Percy had destroyed her home, she felt sympathy for him if he had to put up with that freak of a girl.
I mumbled, "Okay, sir."
"I mean ..." Mr. Brunner wheeled his chair back and forth, like he wasn't sure what to say. "This isn't the right place for you. It was only a matter of time."
My eyes stung.
“That must have been really hard on him, I mean getting told by your favorite teacher that you can’t handle something must be a huge blow.”
Here was my favorite teacher, in front of the class, telling me I couldn't handle it. After saying he believed in me all year, now he was telling me I was destined to get kicked out.
"Right," I said, trembling.
"No, no," Mr. Brunner said. "Oh, confound it all. What I'm trying to say ... you're not normal, Percy. That's nothing to be—"
"Thanks," I blurted. "Thanks a lot, sir, for reminding me."
"Percy—" But I was already gone.
“Okay lets get to dinner we can read the rest tomorrow, plus Nico might read it with us if he’s here tomorrow.” Hazel said hopefully.
“Okay, tomorrow after breakfast we read the rest of the chapter and more. Plus if Nico’s here he can tag along.” Jason agreed.
The half-bloods nodded in agreement and ran to the mess hall.

Okay hope you like it, please comment
won't be able to post 4 a while, theres an exan on Of Mice and Men coming up at my school on an unknown day so i'm re-reading the book for the 3rd time (i hate it) and going through practice questions (don't call me a nerd i've just got testophobia (I don't want to meet Phobos)).
Another thing on Saturady I'm going to Gran Caneria for 2 weeks
hace más de un año jordan333 said…
Hey please post soon it's really good
hace más de un año demigod324 said…
Phobos isn't that bad i met him once in a dream there was a lot of spiders