Sesshomaru and Rin "You'll Be In My Heart"

AleUnknown posted on Jan 16, 2011 at 07:54PM
I don't know why but I thought about adding a forum topic on this, I mean we don't have one yet… I don't if anyone will respond but here goes:

1. Watch below video, or if you know the song already don't bother. But it's important to know the lyrics some because that's what I'm touching base on…

2. DISCUSSION
I wanted to discuss my undying love for this song and it's connection to this pairing. If you don't know this song, it is most known from the movie Tarzan, during the part between the mother gorilla and finding little Tarzan baby/raising him.
I'm not trying to automatically suggest that Sesshomaru and Rin's relationship was strictly father/daughter, because I honestly have other notions. However, when we refer to parts that came directly from the series this song goes very neatly with their 'relationship', whatever the sense.

"Come stop your crying, it will be alright. Just take my hand, hold it tight."
Now, we know that during the series Rin cried very rarely. She wasn't one to cry when she was in trouble, just a screamer. And I'm quite sure she never really took Sesshomaru's hand in the series… perhaps she did, I don't recall. However, it does point to moments of the security that Sesshomaru provided Rin with. Rin reached out for Sesshomaru's security and he definitely provided it, no questions asked.

"I will protect you, from all around you. I will be here, don't you cry."
Once again, Rin wasn't much of a crybaby. We all know though that Sesshomaru definitely protected her from all around her. He was there for all her accidents and kidnappings. He came, even though at one point he could have let the monks take her to the human village, but he came because she called, she needed him.

"For one so small, you seem so strong. My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us, can't be broken. I will be here don't you cry."
Rin is very small. She is just a young mortal child, no disguises and no demon tricks like Shippo. She's just a little girl, but she works really hard not to trouble Sesshomaru. She provides her own food and she even attempts to save Jaken on her own. She is strong, but she still needs Sesshomaru to protect her, and he does. And we can't deny there is some strange bond between this amazingly powerful demon and this young mortal girl. They have a bond that isn't even understood at the beginning.

"Cause you'll be in my heart, yes you'll be in my heart. From this day on, now and forever more."
Now this is the part that makes me smile. Rin is in Sesshomaru's heart. Even though he is a cold and indifferent demon, she softened his heart some and made a small space in his heart for herself. He cares for her, there is nothing that suggests otherwise. And the second part reminds me of 'Forever with Sesshomaru' episode. She asks him if he will remember her when she dies and his face… well it's just priceless. Perhaps this is the first moment he has really contemplated her future death… she has been a constant in his travels, no matter how annoying and talkative. Will she forever be in his heart? Perhaps. (:

"You'll be in my heart, yes you'll be in my heart. No matter what they say. You'll be in my heart, always."
This reminds me of InuYasha & Co. first reaction to the idea of Sesshomaru having some little mortal girl with him. To carry such a weakness… it wasn't a Sesshomaru thing to do. But there she was, his weakness, forcing him to abandon his pursuit of Naraku to rescue her. She is in his heart, whether InuYasha says it's possible or not. Sesshomaru care about some mortal girl? Impossible, right? ^___^

"Why can't they understand the way we feel. They just don't trust what they can't explain. I know we're different but, deep inside us we're not that different at all."
This is true. Like I said above, InuYasha & Co. can't explain it. They don't understand what this strange pair is about. They are truly complete opposites. Cheerful, sweet mortal girl vs. Cold, indifferent demon lord. It's the most unlikely pair. But yet, they are similarly alone.

REPEAT REFRAIN, YADADA

"Don't listen to them, cause what do they know. We need each other, to have, to hold. They'll see in time, I know."
Again, the others can't explain it. The Band of Seven realize later that, she is his weakness. It's true, she is. He needs her because of her bright smile. When he saw her dead he was simply just going to leave her, but he saw that smile… he decided what the heck. And from then on that smile resided in his heart always.

"When destiny calls, you must be strong. I may not be with you, but you've got to hold on. They'll see in time, I know. We'll show them together."
It isn't Rin's destiny to grow up with Sesshomaru, she is human and she needs to learn ways of humans not demons. But even though Sesshomaru isn't there at the end, while she lives in the village with the humans. He still shows he cares. Gifts for Rin! (:

"Cause you'll be in my heart, yes you'll be in my heart. From this day on, now and forever more. Oh, you'll be in my heart, no matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart, always… always."

She'll be in his heart always. And he'll be in hers. :D

(Please, by all means, add input and little tidbits. I'd love to know people maybe at least read it. >3>)
last edited on Jan 16, 2011 at 08:04PM

Sesshomaru and Rin 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año crosslove822 said…
heart
i love it i love the song and i love the coulpe the only thing i have to say is lovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelovelo­vel­ove­LOV­ELO­VEL­OVE­LOV­E it SO MUCH :D