Repo! The Genetic Opera Hardcore Repo! fans, how do tu feel about Repo Men?

pirate-vampire posted on Mar 16, 2010 at 06:33AM
Starring Jude Law & Forrest Whitaker.

Of course, this is a production from the creators of Repo! The Genetic Opera.

Long, long ago, I heard that there was going to be a prequel/sequel to the Genetic Opera, only to find, in 2010, a completely un-opera-like movie starring huge names and a plot that everyone can predict what happens in the end, with love, less gore, perhaps, and just... no wonderful singing. |:

For me, I was COMPLETELY ticked off. Hey, I like you Jude & Forrest, but you do NOT take one of my obsessions and totally pick at it as if it's a dead body in the lake. You do not MESS WITH IT. Grrr! I mean, I'll probably watch it, but I will pissed throughout the whole movie and will comment every twenty seconds "no one fawking sings."

How do you feel about it? Give me your thoughts.
 Starring Jude Law & Forrest Whitaker. Of course, this is a production from the creators of Repo! The

Repo! The Genetic Opera 2 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Chromaggia said…
hmmm
Hi, pirate-vampire! First off, let me say thank you for reviving this little spot of the Internet :) I haven't been here in a while but your comments on the quiz brought me back.

On-topic, I'm a little on the fence about Repo Men. It will *hopefully* give Repo! a bit of exposure (I'm one of those people who go, 'ohhh it was inspired by something else? I'll check it out'), but probably in my mind it will always be inferior to Repo!.

And lol @ '...as if it's a dead body in the lake'! That's quite a turn of phrase you got there!
hace más de un año pirate-vampire said…
Thanks for responding, and I am more than happy to revive this spot!
As for the 'dead body in the lake' thing, yeah, I think I was having a Family Guy moment. (x

And yeah, I'll see it nonetheless, and I'm with you on hopefully giving repo more exposue, but hopefully people will actually do that. (x