Hello, everyone. Antonia here, and I decided to do a blog on preguntas I'm frequently asked about being asexual. As I mentioned in the Introduction Blog, I am asexual. I first discovered that when I was fourteen. I was bullied in school because of it. If you're not sure what asexual is, this should educate you, (I hope). Here it goes.
1. Q: If you're asexual, does that mean tu don't date?
A: No. All asexual means is that you're not sexually attracted to anyone. Romance is totally different. Some asexuals are aromantic, but some of them are romantic. Romantically speaking, I could go either way, but I prefer males.
2. Q: Are tu an alien?
A: No, I am not an alien. If tu want to see aliens, watch a sci-fi film.
3. Q: Since you're not dating someone, are tu lonely?
A: No, I'm not lonely. I have friends. Friendship can be just as rewarding as romance, if not more. Honestly, the only reason I haven't dated is I'm afraid of getting hurt. I've had good friends who have been hurt in romance, and I know it could very easily happen to me.
4. Q: How do tu know you're asexual?
A: tu just know. That's really difficult to answer. There are different types of asexuals out there, and in the end, tu know how tu feel. Don't listen to anyone who tells tu otherwise.
5. Q: Do tu think you'll change your mind when the "right person" comes along?
A: No, I won't change my mind. Asexuality is a sexual orientation, not a choice. Besides, the "right person" would understand my needs and desires.
6. Q: If you're asexual, does that mean you're repulsed por sex/the idea of it?
A: No. Sexual orientation and sexual desire are actually two different things. I am repulsed por the idea of sex, but I don't reject it entirely.
7. Q: Are tu asexual for religious purposes?
A: No, I'm not even religious. I'm spiritual, though. Asexuality is not celibacy. Celibacy is a choice. Asexuality is not a choice.
8. Q: What is the worst part about being asexual?
A: Probably the ridicule I've faced for it.
9. Q: What is the best part about being asexual?
A: I'm not sure. I guess the fact that it makes tu an individual.
10. Q: Does it annoy tu when people misconstrue your being asexual?
I hope tu enjoyed this blog. There are más blogs to come.
Peace and love,