New fanpop Users Introduction to Fanpop: Worthwhile, o unnecessary?

harold posted on Dec 19, 2008 at 01:01AM
Update: Moderators and/or staff decided that the Introduction to Fanpop club WAS a duplicate, and it has been deleted.

Original message:
So I made this club based on some comments I'd read about the site not having a good collection of the already-available information for new users. I didn't follow link, like a dummy, and didn't see until afterward that there was already a link club. While the two clubs are not exactly the same, there is enough overlap that I felt quite abashed. I apologized in the New Fanpop Users forum and flagged the content in this club to be moved to that one. Since then I've had a number of other fans comment that they don't think the overlap is enough to justify getting rid of this club. What do you think? Is an "Introduction to Fanpop" club worthwhile, or unnecessary duplication to existing clubs?

Note: I've also asked this in pick form in this spot.
last edited on Dec 19, 2008 at 07:50PM

New fanpop Users 4 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año germany123 said…
harold this is a duplicate forum :P
or maybe the other one is...;D
also there is an error in the link...i will try to alert some more people to this...the ones i KNOW of course ;)
i looked at the other spot again...i couldnt bring myself to join! have you linked this spot yet to alert more people?

i have seen these " how do i" questions on
advice
fanpop
fanpop users

hace más de un año Snerkie said…
Personally...i don't think a large amount of people will even notice either clubs. You always see forum topics of people asking things and not just searching for the help. There's heaps of articles on Fanpop and Fanpop Users showing and teaching users how to do some of the basic things out there but not always noticed.
i agree snerkie...but the point to me would be MOVING all that information here.
all the information gets lost on the different spots this should be a spot ONLY for information on "how to" your great article i link to on the report feature comes to mind..

as for people finding it..like i said on the pick: a link on the front page AND a message to each new registered user..and frankly this is also egoistical: im tired of answering the same stuff over and over but you cant really blame people...since with each question i go..wait there is an article on this...hmmm its in my favorites...or wait... where was it etc
stuff on this spot is hard to find (better now with the new search but still)

this way one can refer to this spot and report the pick people post (or the forum) and done! and searching in one spot is much easier than on the whole site
last edited hace más de un año