New fanpop Users Neede To Be Done

lloyd2 posted on Oct 20, 2008 at 12:50AM
the reason this is here is to help new fans and not to separate them from the rest of the site.
last edited on Oct 24, 2008 at 02:34AM

New fanpop Users 77 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 77

hace más de un año Snerkie said…
the way to get fans is by posting good content and commenting on things. Some people (like myself) just don't fan back much but still appreciate all the other users on this site.
hace más de un año ShadowFlame said…
Agreed with Snerkie (who had better fanned me back! :P).

This spot is rather useless. Anything that can be posted here, can be posted in the link spot. This could have just been a thread on that spot...
hace más de un año lloyd2 said…
whoa. ok you two have like 1000 fans between you why are you here? new fans and old ones with no friends.
hace más de un año Dada said…
I agree with you lloyd2. But you just have to get over it easily, although it can be a little hard. At least it means you have a life outside of fanpop. If all I did online was fanpop I'd be one of the highest rated fans.
Finally! all this flack and at last someone agrees with me.
I'm here because shockingly :o you can post any where you want on Fanpop :) yay. And i have a lot of fans because i post a lot of content for people to enjoy and post interesting comments and be helpful to others and so on.
what you posted just now was helpful, yeah.
Snerkie is stating her opinion, and your just giving snotting comebacks. Grow up a little bit.

Snerkie is right. The reason why were here is, because you can post wherever you want. Were giving you tips, whether you accept them or not, they're on here.

When I was a new user, I didn't need a spot to get fans. Just submit stuff to spots you like and leave a lot of comments. People will begin to recognize your name and they might just fan you. Hey, it worked for me! And I agree with dada, it's weird to be on Fanpop all the time. I don't consider anyone here (with the exception of relatives) a friend.

i appreciate your advice as always SF but you didnt have to call it useless. 4 fans is nothing but its a start. that means that people do agree with me even only slightly. why cant you accept that some people dont make "friends" that easy
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
so if you don't make friends that easily how do you propose having a spot is going to make it any easier than using a thread on the fanpop users spot? I am not saying this is bad but pointing out the obvious, what you need to do is start commenting on picks and making yourself known, I am not a big contributer but am fairly known and mainly for commenting, that is all it takes. Just start a conversation in a forum or try one of the games. you will soon get to be known...:)
You talk as if i am just complaining that i have no fans. and btw i comment on a lot but what about the new fans?! oh and what game do you propose? :-)
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
the vs game link
the fanpop users A-Z
link
the person below me game
link
hace más de un año rusty746454 said…
it could help for newbie's who really dont know how to enter a conversation or are neverous that everyone's going to hate them .Because when you have a spot like this i think it would be much easier to talk although i dont really care about getting a bunch of fans but thats just my personal oppion and i like this spot a lot so i will support it in anyway possible"i got your back =]"
last edited hace más de un año
But if this sort of spot would "help" new people...what happens when every new person creates a spot to gain fans...yes this is a spot to gain fans. Or what if a large amount of people join this spot? it will be the exact same thing as the Fanpop Users spot.

lloyd2, we have given you ways to be able to connect with others fans on here and at first you shunned what we said. Also people are known better in different spots for different reasons, doesn't mean you're "unknown" you're only unknown if you don't contribute in any way. Also you've started in a way bad mouthing other users because they are more "well known" that's not a way to get along with people here.
Agreed Snerkie.
first off im not bad mouthing anybody.
second, this spotis supposed to be temporary, so once a person feels as if there ready they need never to come to this spot again.
third, you said, what if evryody made a spot to get new fans. Why would they if i just made this spot?
do you think i made this spot for my own personal gain? No i didnt.
Because this spot could become overcrowding and "enhance their shyness". This is so they don't have to "go into a spot with a large number of people" right? well what happens when more and more new people join this spot? Temporary means it's not needed. Personally...yes, i do think this spot is for your beg for fans because it has come across like that so well, oh and "Ive been on fanpop for well over a year now and have got nowhere. im tired of seeing users who have been on fanpop for a month and have well over 300 fans" gave it away.
well actually i was annoyed because those people probably havnt seen the people they add whatsoever. im not just talking about having fans, im talking about getting to know people as well.
why dont you but out, your oppinion was appreciated up until you started getting aggressive.
hey snerkie if you disagree so much why dont you just take your lizard head out of here i mean clearly we dont want YOUR advice.Besides you have made your point so move on and even though i value your input you still dont know everything.So dont act like your king of the hill or i might just have to knock you down to size 0_0
If you want to get to know the people, you will. You will find common interests in spots, the way you comment, etc. If you don't get to know the person, then you probably don't need to.

For a sixteen year old, you're acting like an 8 year old. Like I said before, opinions will be put up here whether you like it or not. Try deleting them, just try. I honestly don't blame Snerkie for being aggressive, you're being a brat.
you need to stop cricising people for what they think. your telling me that i need to grow up, then why are you childishly saying you can post whatever you want.
I can criticize you if I want. You can post whatever you, as can I. I am merely expressing my own opinion. Your looking at it as if I'm a hypocrite, but you're wrong.
My "lizard head"...my lizard head...*sigh* I'm "butting in" because both of you don't understand the purpose of Fanpop and the spots.

Seriously, look at the things on the spot such as the pick "which is is more popular wii or nintendo" now come on...that can go in the Nintendo spot. Fanpop is about sharing interests but being able to have it in a sorted form where if you want to discuss something then you can find the spot to discuss that easily. Or the quiz "Where is vagata123456 from" that can easily go in Fanpop Users spot because they are a Fanpop user and the question is about them. If you make something and can think of a spot it could relate in, ask it THERE, not HERE. That's creating miscategorized items and Fanpop tries to sort them out, because like i said there are those handy lil' report buttons.

Personally, both rusty and lloyd, you should head on over to Fanpop and Fanpop Users and read the articles on doing things on Fanpop, you'll understand the site and purpose better.
why cant you just leave it out?
Because both Snerkie and I are trying to get a point across.
yawn whats the point of doing everything the same i mean come on it gets boreing ........I mean come on this goes there and that goes there i dont have time to look throw 4 thousand spots i would rather just have one spot were i can put any pick or quiz i want its way eaiser and plus I am not one to follow intructions like a good little girl. I am just bored of the same thing.
If you don't like going through spots, I suggest the link spot, or the link spot. If your bored, do something else with your life.
you have done, alright, We (rusty and i) have heard what youve said, we know youre against this spot. keep it to yourself. im sure youve made a few spots. how would you like it if i went on it, just after you made it and started slagging it off?
"Wouldn't it be great if someone organized the web into topics you care about?" - link

Do you understand yet? The thing that holds Fanpop together is that it is an organised community. When you create a spot where things can go into other spots you are making the place disorganised.

Sure the "purpose" is to help new fans, but this is just showing them the opposite of how Fanpop is supposed to work. And really, what happens if this spot had a lot of people in it which creates an "intimidation" to people? The whole purpose of the spot won't make sense. There are spots out there like Fanpop Users which you seem to use easily, where people can get to know each other, if they're having problems with things there's the advice spot, there are people out there willing to lend a helping hand with any problems, a spot outlining those problems more than likely won't help them. There are also a lot of articles out there helping new fans.
I honestly would care, lloyd2. It's your choice to do that, and I'd obviously just defend the spot.

I will not keep my opinion to myself. It is free for me to express, thank you.
being stubborn. how long have have you got? ive got all night
I am being stubborn, as are you. I've got time, not much. I can wait until this spot is finally deleted though. This argument is pointless. You're not heeding anything.
yawn wow you sound like a text book snerkie-boy your already boreing me.You have your right to talk freely and about what you want but when you are being rude you loss that right and even if you dont like this spot your not hurting me or anyone else who does because you have no control over the situtation.
It's 11:38am here, lol, check mate?

lloyd, read what i said before, go to the Fanpop and Fanpop Users spot and just look at the articles there that you can learn from extremely well.

Rusty, i'm not being rude, i'm saying how Fanpop is supposed to run. It's so people can find content easily, a tip for you would be to learn about keywords so people can find what you post easier.
Snerkie is not being rude. You two are being ignorant! You don't have to read what she says, you're just being a brat.
hace más de un año deathnote said…
NOBODY IS BEIN A BRAT!!
you two JUST STTTTOOOOOOOOPPPPPPP!!!!
you guys are acting like KIDS FREAKING DISAPOINTTITNG!! you can manage this situation as normal people!! and don't call each other names OK??? or I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!
OK? now lets see you people act like decent Fanpopers!!
Fighting is not gonna lead anywhere...
and tell me if I'm wrong (use your heads for a minute here)tell me you aren't acting like kids fighting for a cookie!! lloyd2 say sorry to ShadowFlame and ShadowFlame say sorry to lloyd2!!
Calling someone a brunette because their hair is brown isn't name calling, it's the truth. Calling someone who is being obnoxious a brat is the same.

deathnote, you approached this situation very wrongly. By saying "I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!" and "you guys are acting like KIDS FREAKING DISAPOINTTITNG!!" makes you seem not only like a hypocrite, but a child yourself.

I am losing my temper here, and I know it, but lloyd2 isn't acknowledging what we say. I am intolerant for those who listen but do not heed.
deathnote you finally arrived =]
hey what are you a docter now your messing with the wrong people you think i was half as mad then well your in for a hole different world now buddie!

first place i wasnt talking about you shadow flame,snerkie's the rude one
OK i'm no child, and first of all I say that in almost evey time I'm mad so you shouldn't judge because you have no right what so ever to call me a child.. plus look at the comments above and tell me who looks like a real child. and yes I'm sorry if I offended you (and THIS is the way to solve a problem like this) my bad ShadowFlame but it would be nice if you to ended at a draw, how about it sounds good right?
Sorry shadowlame.
im going off for a while anyway.
tell rusty thanks for helping with the spot
I don't care if you're mad, and I'm certainly messing with the people I want to. I've already messaged dave about this.

edit: I'll return the apology, lloyd2. Not for this spot, but for my anger issues. Sorry.
deathnote were you asked to come here and "fight back" for them? like honestly?

Rusty, i've done nothing rude, i've told you something that you can improve on. I've said what the point of Fanpop is with a quote from the Fanpop About page, i'm just trying to make you guys understand what Fanpop is all about and how there are other ways for "new fanpoppers" to welcome themselves.
and before i go to the "dark side"
please can you stop fighting over a stupid cause?
(asking nicely) *puppy face*
PLEASE??? you know i luv you shadow :)
you too lloyd2, and just think that kind words will solve it all ok?
uhhh.......i guess i am sorry to though i shouldnt have acted so harshly.Its just my nature and also i dont like when people mess with people i know on here soooo......with a heavy heart i am sorry but not for what i think about this spot
yes I was!! Snerkie... and it's working cuz I'm trying to make them apologize YAY!!! it worked! :D
deathnote your luckly haha normally if someone would have tried to calm me down i would have turned right around on them but i guess you turned me into a softy haha
well, you called for help and i just HAD to stop this nonsense... Iit drives me crazy!! you have NO idea
(but yeah that's how I roll, it's called been a player and knowing your tricks to a hard situation, I think that just the right word does the difference :D)
thats it i cant take it all this solveing and makeing nice i cant stand it after all the only reason were doing it is becasue we dont want to have to read about it anymore,i know you guys are going to say why are you bringing it up again well because i am truely mad.