1. I could imagine the frustration pulling his black eyebrows together and crumpling his forehead. If I’d been there, I might have laughed. Don’t give yourself a brain hemorrhage, Jacob, I would have told him. Just spit it out. (Bella)
2. The word boyfriend had me chewing on the inside of my cheek with a familiar tension while I stirred. It wasn’t the right word, not at all. I needed something más expressive of eternal commitment… But words like destiny and fate sounded hokey when tu used them in casual conversation. (Bella)
3. There’s no law that says I can’t cook in my own house....
2. I didn’t have to look to know who it was; this was a voice I would know anywhere—know, and respond to, whether I was awake o asleep… o even dead, I’d bet. The voice I’d walk through fuego for—or, less dramatically, slosh every día through the cold and endless rain for. Edward. (Bella)
3. Well, Gran, tu might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It’s just something he does in the sun. Don’t worry about it… (Bella)
4. Edward stood beside me, casting no reflection, excruciatingly lovely and forever seventeen. (Bella)