jacob black Why does everyone think Jacob is such a jerk?

JacobForever posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 01:41AM
I really dont get it. Edward leaves for six months, half a year, and the "edwardians" are like well Jacob is a jerk for falling in love her and kissing her. Well what is Jacob then? That just makes no sense to me.

jacob black 2 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año mrsblack_1089 said…
angry
I COMPLETELY agree with you. The 'Edwardians's (lol nice word lol) biggest problem is (quote) 'The Kiss' As in, the kiss in Eclipse. (well, kisses) But who cares?? He was fighting for someone he LOVED and I think everyone on this Earth who has ever loved someone, but also who was about to loose them would do the same. Jacob is such a real character to me because he doesn't hide his emotions. Everyone of the 'Edwardians' say 'Oh, he's a jerk because he gets jealous and makes Edward mad and blah blah blah...' But, what? Edward is never jealous?? COME ON!!! Jacob fights for what he cares about and Edward doesn't. (i.e. Bella: I don't care that it's cold here. I don't care that I stink like a dog right now. Make me forget about him! Make me forget my own name! Dammit, Edward, fight back! (KEY PART RIGHT HERE:) Edward: How?) Edward would just give her up and Jacob wouldn't. If I was in Bella's shoes, I'd choose the man who wouldn't let me go for ANYTHING. I love you, Jacob! And sorry about the ephiphany up there. =) This is a sore subject for me.
hace más de un año HerMelody said…
I could discuss this for ages.
I think that the 'Edwardians' only see Edward's leaving as a wholly self-sacrificial act, something that he did out of love, for Bella's happiness, so that she could live a happy life, a 'proper' human life, even though it pained him to do it. Which, to be honest, I think is true. BUT... the whole "I don't love you anymore" thing was dreadful and he shouldn't have said it - he should not have broken her heart that way, making her think he loved her no longer, hated her, wanted away from her etc.
Jacob is FAR FROM the bad guy. Can't people see his affection for Bella? His loyalty? How well he would have treated her? As Jake frequently said in the books, he would NEVER leave Bella, NEVER hurt her.