dr. house SPOILERS FOR S5 E02 - the summary - not mine ( obviously)

babybell posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 09:38PM
The PoW is an interesting story.

Apparently this guy donated all his organs. All of the receiptiants (can't spell) except for one die. But they don't die of the organ that was donated, they die of another organ failure. So, there's one receipiant left. So they show these people dying one after another. Finally, there'a gilr at a chalkboard teaching. 13 comes in with two paramedics. She tells the girl she has to come with her b/c the girl received a corneal (eye) transplant and everyone that got organs from the donor is dead but her.

Opening Credits

The word idiot is said about a million times in this episode and the last one. Just a funny observation.

The team is trying to diagnose but House is just thinking about Wilson. Can't focus at all. He muses, "What did Wilson do for me?" and to finally get him to focus on the puzzle, Kutner says, "He paid for your lunch, enjoyed monster trucks, and was your conscious."

So after more PoW babble about whether it's cancer or not, we are in the cafeteria and House has decided to look for a new BFF. He approaches Dr. O'Shay, gets him to pay for his lunch. follows him to his table and tries to see if he likes monster trucks, minds his vicodin habit, has a problem with the treatment/test he tells Foreman to perform on the POW. It's pretty funny. There is some Hilson moments like, "I thikn I"m falling inlove" and sexual innuendo for the HIlsons to enjoy -- pretty funny. But in the end, O'Shay doesn't want to come to House's house to watch TV and House says, "I'll grow on you." It's totally adorable.

The promo with House removing the girls' head --- obviously a hallucination on her part

Funny random line: "Old people are scared of black people."

Next we're in the lounge watching how the other people died. This is where the PI is disguised as a coffee-machine maintenance worker. He interrupts their diagnosis session. He comes off as both a DORK and a smarty-pants. Kind of annoyed me in this first scene but he grows on me. House has hired him b/c obviously with 5 people dead and a 6th dying there's a lot of background stuff to do. He also wanted to see if his team would do it as well as a professional. The PI comes through with some great background on the dead people and the original donor.

More on PI guy later.

So we're half way through episode and no Cuddy, no Cam, no Chase.

Next we're sitting with House and PI guy - as PI guy does his job in an icecream truck. PI guy says O'Shay is all wrong for House. He basically admits to doing a background check on House himself and he thinks that House really wants the goods on Wilson. And so House decides to run with that and let the PI guy investiage Wilson --- IE is he lonely, is he pining, etc.

The show continues to get gorier - gross. Foreman gets feces from a dead guy sprayed all over him b/c of Kutner. So nasty.

Kutner has become Mr. Genious in this episode coming up with all sorts of interesting theories and tests.

House looks totally haggard in this episode. Looks his age, maybe older. All the stress from losing his BFF.

The PoW is a bit bitter and jaded like House, leading him to say, "You're fun." she says, "so are you." and House says, "But I haven't given up."

Interesting.

PI reports that Cam has been to Wilson's house "Several times. THey talk about dying and dead loved ones." Cuddy has been there twice and called him and Foreman has called him several times. No mention of House at all. Wilson is also in some grief counselling group that the PI has joined undercover. And WIlson has started reading new-agey stuff. He also got a new job but hasn't started it yet. No mention of House - the PI tells House, "If I didn't know you, I wouldn't know you existed."

Very sad.

PI Guy has interesting courtship skills. He uses his PI-ness to stalk some pretty girl he sees on the street. House is walking with him and trying to get the guy to be more circumspect, but it doesn't work. The girl catches them and says it's uncomfortable. House tries to help him learn to lie. He goes, "Lesson One: Commit." It's pretty funny. Then House says, regarding the girl, "She's not your type. You're type is much stupider than her." and I'm like Please is this Cuddy forshadowing? B/c if it is, I'm LMAO. So I'm like - this guy apparently has no social skills with the ladies. He also looks 12. How on EARTH is Cuddy goign to fit into all of this?

He hasn't MET Cuddy yet, but he obviously knows who she is and that she's gone to Wilson's house twice.

Okay, the whole is it cancer or not with the POW finally leads House to go to an oncolygist. Obviously, there are others but House goes to Wlson and says, "I need an epiphany. Just keep talking." And Wilson says that's not how it works - but actually it is. Anyway, Wilson just wants House to go away and leave him alone. He says it's okay to hang out with Cameron and talk to Cuddy and Foreman but not Him? He admits to hiring a PI to stalk Wilson. Wilson is like are you kidding? House tries to talk about the PoW but WIlson isn't biting. House then very sincerely asks, "How are you?" WIlson's reaction to the raw sincerity is to close down. He tells House to leave him alone --- this is the part of the promo where you see the door shutting and Wilson saying I have a right to walk away from you. Again, it's very heart-breaking to me. And I am House's side. Very upsetting. The scene is really just too much -- you'll have to see it to make your own mind up. But it broke my heart for House all over again. I know I should feel equally sad for Wilson but I don't like the way he's shutting out the man that loves him.

We have another street scene with House and the PI - House admits he only has one friend. The PI guy says something funny and House goes, "Do you want to be my friend?" The PI guy goes, "No, you scare me a little." It's kinda funny. Somehow the PI guy is talking and it leads to House having his epiphany.

We then have the only Cuddy scene -- He tells her he wants to cut off the top part of the POW's brain. This I call the "Token Cuddy Backbone Moment" b/c of all the idiots saying she doesn't have one. Here she tells House now b/c he has no proof. And to back it up, she places two guards on the PoW so House can't get to her. Well, House sends in the PI. The PI makes her crash and he gets his brain surgery. There you see Chase assisting. There's a cute moment with House and CHase when Chase realizes House has caused the POW to crash so that he can have his operation.

The PI guy shows up in the operation observation room - which I thought was weird b/c he's just a random person. And basically says House is now paying him to listen to him. IE he doesn't have WIlson to talk to, he has the PI and has to pay the PI.

Oh, other random thought ---- NO clinic duty still!!!!! Dangit!

No JM in this episode, sorry Hams. Only one Cuddy so don't feel bad.

Finally House cures the PoW and it's basically that her brain was not letting her 'see' correctly. It was all dark and blurry but she never knew b/c she'd been blind prior to the transplant. Well, House unbandages her eyes and her whole world has changed. She can see for real now, and you can see a small smile on House's face --- it's quite lovely. He asks her jokingly, "How do I look?" and the camera angle is from her POV and she answers, "You look sad." and he does. And it's very very sad. And HL is the best actor on TV.

And then we get House calling the PI guy asking to put him on retainer (IE keep him around longer.) My guess is yeah, he's paying for a new friend.

So there ya go.

I didn't like this one as much as the first. It seems to be a kind of bridge episode between the first one and the ones that are coming where Wilson and House will make up. And I'm never happy with Cuddy-light episodes anyway. LOL!. But there are some cute lines in it.

dr. house 11 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año babybell said…
yeh im just posting so people see that i posted it.. if i dont post other forums will take over..
hace más de un año amberRocks said…
I read it!Thank you!
And GO wameron!
lol....
hace más de un año PotterGal said…
Oooh..thanks. I didn't read everything because i didn't want to get completely spoiled but i have to say its so sad that there's only one Cuddy scene! :(
hace más de un año mimika_s said…
There's a cute moment with House and CHase when Chase realizes House has caused the POW to crash so that he can have his operation.

aw!!!!!I feel happy!
LOL Potter Gal, theres on Cuddy scene, but oh well because there was six huddy ( and therefore Cuddy scenes) last in season 5 E 1 so... i think we shall be okay = )
hace más de un año EnjoyHuddy said…
Only one Cuddy scene...well babybell even if she had a lot of scenes in s5 ep 1 she's still a major charachter so I think she needs more screentime in this one...
hace más de un año TheHiddenCane said…
I want House and Wilson back!
*sniff*
I know they'll get there eventually but that PI guy seems pretty illogical to me... how can he even come close to being House's friend in the space of 1 episode? that doesn't seem right...

and he's just not Wilson!
I don't like this new, dark streak of Wilson, though... I'm on House's side on this one!
Wilson is being a bit of a bastard to be fair.
hace más de un año TheHiddenCane said…
yeah... I'm actually impressed House just took it... that shows how serious he really is about it so Wilson's reaction kind of pissed me off.
hace más de un año la_nina said…
It seems that Wameron will happen very very soon! But Wilson's so cruel to House.
And I found PI kind of interesting!
last edited hace más de un año