harry potter Who were they??

tubby2002 posted on Jul 23, 2007 at 09:57PM
So, Jo said that there was one character she expected to die that she let live and two characters that were meant to live had to die, who were they?

I am thinking that the one she saved was George, maybe she planned on killing them both off from the beginning, I dontknow though.

I am thinking it was Lupin and Tonks that she wasnt planning on killing...I guess I only think that because they were a pair.

I dont know if she already released this information, if she did will someone tell me and if not what are your thoughts on this?

harry potter 18 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año PotterGal said…
I hope she will release this information soon! :D

I think the 2 people who weren't supposed to die were Tonks and Lupin as well.

Also, i think the person she saved was probably Hagrid..there were 2 times in this book when i thought he was dead.

I still can't believe Fred is dead. :'(
hace más de un año jenny99 said…
i agree with PotterGal about hagrid, i thought he was dead 2 times...though i can also see why she could of been going to kill both twins...arrr i miss fred.
JKR NAMED THE CHARACTER THAT GOT A REPRIEVE!

****Spoilers****

It was Mr Weasley. She said he was supposed to die in the 5th book. I really thought she meant reprieve in the 7th book though!
hace más de un año tubby2002 said…
I read just read that too...I thought that she meant in the 7th book too...

I am so excited about the encyclapedia b/c then we will get to know more about what happened to poeple
hace más de un año Patriotsfan703 said…
What encyclopedia?
She is planning on making one, but she is in no hurry to do it, she says that she wants to take a break first. What it will be is like her side stories and character development that had to get cut in editing. Also it will provide more info on life after Harry killed Voledmort- how hogwarts is doing, what the other characters are doing...It might take a couple years but I would like to see it...
hace más de un año duckgoddess said…
Oh my God, I can't wait until the encyclopaedia comes out! I can't believe Mr Weasley was meant to die in the 5th book, I honestly believed that she meant someone in DH...wow!

But, yeah, if it wasn't Mr Weasley, then I would have thought it was Hagrid.
hace más de un año chel1395 said…
JK said in a interview with The Today Show, that it was Mr Weasley would got the reprieve. This is the link with the entire article: link

It was terribly sad that Tonks and Lupin had to die, but at least this time Teddy had his godfather around and family who loved him. I think Tonks and Lupin had to die so Harry could right the wrongs that were done to him when he lost his parents.
last edited hace más de un año
It is still sad that they had to die. That poor boy had to grow up w/o partents like Harry, but on the plus side, Teddy didnt have to live with the Dursley's
hace más de un año duckgoddess said…
Exactly...Teddy is kind of like Harry because they're both orphans but Harry can change Teddy's childhood by giving him support and love and all. Besides, Teddy'll be surrounded by all the Weasleys and Potters, judging by James' reaction to seeing him snogging Victoire in the epilogue
hace más de un año bceagles11392 said…
Is that encyclopaemedia an actual book or an online thing
It's an actual book and JKR also revealed the two who were not supposed to die: Lupin and Tonks... :'(
Here's where she says it:
link
awsome, thanks
You're welcome!
I wish she had kept them alive. :'(
me too
hace más de un año basilikus said…
Thanks alot for all the posts such as information on their jobs, i had been wondering about this for ages. One other thing that is hanging over me is that fred died....i wanna know what happened to George, him and fred were together all the time and made jokes about everything, i wanna know how/ or even if he coped with it, whether he had kids and still ran the shop? do you guys have any ideas about this?
hace más de un año hulahoopgoddess said…
when i thought that harry was gonna die- no i did not skip to the end to ruin it for myself- i was sad just because i thought that teddy was gonna have not parents or even his god parent. that and ginny was gonna live a long lonely life w/out her true love- harry.
but thankfully that did not happen.
also- it sucked for goerge- who is now twinless... emo-tear.
also, wasnt george the one who lost his ear...so he is twinless and earless