harry potter vs crepúsculo 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

harry potter vs crepúsculo 54807 respuestas

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 54807

hace más de un año DracoFanGirl said…
LoveforSeverus: I know. It's sad. i cried. and it was 1 am.
I love Severus...Voldemort and Nagini are on my bad side again... Which brings me to...
1325: There's not one guy who watches girls sleep. Severus SPIED on Lily and Petunia, sure, but that's what boys that age do.

hace más de un año LunaIsLove said…
DracoFanGirl- Awesome chapter. That last book is so good. I honestly could not put it down
hace más de un año HPfan101 said…
55. J.K Rowling was POOR when she wrote the series and she gives the money to charity, Stephanie Meyers was well taken care of by her husband and got every cent of what she made off of the books
LunaIsLove- I reread the chapter constantly. I need to get a move on and finish the book.
hace más de un año LunaIsLove said…
DracoFanGirl- You can reread the chapter as soon as you finish! Just tie up the ends then go back and reread that chapter as many times as you wish! Im a big fan of those last few chapters (From The Princes Tale and on) So good
hace más de un año LoveforSeverus said…
55. J.K Rowling was POOR when she wrote the series and she gives the money to charity, Stephanie Meyers was well taken care of by her husband and got every cent of what she made off of the books

<-- Just shows what kind of people we have going for each.

DracoFanGirl Snape vs. Snape made me cry too! :'-(
hace más de un año LilysLittleTwin said…
crying
Great, now I have to go back and re-read his memories...*returns after fifteen minutes looking teary-eyed* Why did I read the death scene too? YOU EFFING BASTARD, VOLDEMORT! *shakes fist angrily at the ceiling*

On a lighter note:

1326. In a British poll of 16,000 children, Lord Voldemort was voted the best super villan. Even beating Sauron from LotR, who came in second.
hace más de un año haropuff95 said…
1327.[inspired by above]Hogwarts is the school children would like to attend,the same cannot be said to Forks High School.
\
I read Prince Tale almost everyday to reduce the effect if I ever reread it again..but actually the scene that makes me wanna cry no matter how many times I read it is when Dobby died,no matter how many time...*sniff-sniff,tissue?where's tissue?*
hace más de un año LoveDraco123 said…
cool
Oh my God! Voldemort beat Sauron?! Go Voldy!!
hace más de un año Aimy said…
1328.. Harry potter yields new information in each read but twilight gets boring even in the first read.

1329...twilight is all about Bella but harry potter is all about us

1330... harry potter is more closer to reality. we can imagine Hogwarts really existing somewhere ( we are not able to see it because of ministry precautions of course)but can we imagine vampires and werewolves in our school or neighbourhood.

1331.. when nobody in this world can be perfect then how can Edward be. Perfection of Edward is not digestible. one can get food poisoning. there is not a single character in harry potter who is unrealistic even Dumbledore was not perfect.

1332. What a person will do if he or she have an immortal life and he cannot eat, sleep or even move out in a sunny day. Such a life is impossible.

1333. What is the moral of twilight.. Dump your friends, ignore your parents, yell at your father, break their trust ( secret meetings of Bella and Edward every night) for only one person. That is a shame.

harry potter will always remain at the top of list.. and i have to be a vampire to write more points because they will go on and on and on...
cool
1334. Studies show that people just can't decide to go evil. Something in their past makes them like that- like a bad childhood. We don't know what made James evil but we all know what made Voldemort evil. (Well, those of us who read the books do.) Because of his bad childhood- the way he was abandoned- caused all the anger inside him. And that anger, he took out on all the children in the orphanage. And when he realized that he can do stuff the others couldn't, his pranks and jokes kept getting bigger and badder.

1335. Coming from the point above, we see that every character has a back story. Snape, Dumbledore, Voldemort- we know what is up with every single character. I wonder if Twihards can answer these questions:
1) What did Jessica's parents do for a living?
2) Why was Emmett just randomly wrestling a bear when Rosalie found him?
WE know that Hermione's parents are dentists, even though they aren't mentioned much at all. We know every single department in the Ministry of Magic. Every single detail is there- even single detail is so interesting. That is what makes Harry Potter more realistic and more believable.
hace más de un año RemoBear said…
I'm pretty sure this hasnt been mentioned, (it's late, and I wanted to post this before bed/forgetting about it)

1336. In Harry Potter, the movies, we get an awesome cast of actors, to name but a few; Alan Rickman as Severus Snape, Dame Maggie Smith as Professor Minerva McGonagoll, Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid, Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew, Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort!

The only two actors I had ever heard of before in Twilight were Robert Pattinson (thanks to HP4) and Kirsten Stewert - Courtesy of Panic Room which I only watched because of Jared Leto and Jodie Foster.

It's like the casting director for Twilight picked up all the 'actors' who couldn't get jobs on PROPER movie sets, so they jumped at the chance.

1337. I heard Jacob Black falls in love with Bella's unborn child? Uh, thanks for promoting pedophiles, Smeyer, along with Teen Pregnancy and Anti-Abortion.

1338. Twilight character names have made me HATE names, i.e Bella/Isabella, Jacob, etc. Whereas with Harry Potter I LOVE the names that J.K has given them, I mean, Andromeda? Sirius? She even made 'Tom' cool. I never even knew there WAS a star called Sirius, or Andromeda, so yay for promoting learning/astronomy!

I think that will be all for now,
let's get to 2000! :D
I just think how its amazing that JK Rowling made an entire world. With their own shops, newspaper, creatures, government, and cliques. You don't get that in Twilight. Forks, Washington is a real town. The high school is a real high school. How creative is that?
hace más de un año irunwithscissrz said…
laugh
1339. Ok compare the werewolves. Fenrir Greyback could dominate Jacob in two seconds. Not to mention that Fenrir doesn't think that being a werewolf is "cool". He also isn't afraid to create more werewolves. Anyway, Jacob isn't even a werewolf, he's a 'shape-shifter'...LAME!!
1340. I find it easier to follow Harry around like a Hogwarts ghost than try and fit into the tiny mind of an anti-feminist imbecile.
hace más de un año HollieWeasley said…
heart
I'm really happy that Harry Potter fans come up with 1339 reasons why HP is better than Twilight. :)
I have to admitt, I used to be a fan of twilight, but then I just realised all of the flaws. It's not good. I like the first book and that's it, but it just doesn't compare to Harry Potter.
Twilight is taking over Harry Potter and that's just not good. But all of THEIR fans are squeling teenage girls that are in love with a fictional character, the person playing him doesn't even LIKE him!
HARRY POTTER FOREVER <3<3
HollieWeasley-you're absolutely right!

1341.HP fans can choose to cosplay HP characters because they have their own unique styles like Hogwarts Robes,Voldemort's,Dumbledore's etc.Twilight characters are what?colour your hair auburn?wear thick lipstick?I bet no one could tell they are cosplaying if they do it,heck its the lamest cosplay I have ever seen.
1342.HP fans won't go comparing HP with other books here & there & force people to say its the best book ever.that's Twitards' job.unless you're talking about the HP Vs Twi war,that's a war,you've got to support your side.xD
last edited hace más de un año
thanks for agreeing with me haropuff95 :)

1343. Four words... A Very Potter Musical.
This is pure genius! For those who have not seen or heard of it, type it in on Youtube, I guarantee you will fall in love with it. I bet Twilight doesn't have anything like THAT. :D
cool
HollieWeasley, even if Twilight does, it will be something along the lines of a parody. =P
hace más de un año toniqueeee said…
1344: I stay up all night reading Harry Potter because I can't bare to put it down...I stay up all night reading twilight so that I can hurry up and get it over with!
Yeah probably LoveDraco123, :P

1345. Music: Ministry of Magic, Harry and the Potters, A Very Potter Musicial - Harry Potter fans expressing their fandom through music! Plus, the music featured in Harry Potter! Amazing works of art. But when I think about the Twilight music... I don't even know how to describe it. Does it even have a theme? Whatever. What I know is, HP wins on the music vote :)
hace más de un año toniqueeee said…
1346: Voldemort has all of the powers that the Volturi have
1347. JK Rowling can come up with her own ideas.
If you think about it, Smeyer coppied so much of Harry Potter. Names: Black, Clearwater
Plot things: The love triangle where a guy and girl are BFFs and the guy is in love with the girl but the girl is in love with the guys worst enemy (Severus/Lily/James) (Jacob/Bella/Edwad)
The "werewolfs" aren't werewolfs in Twilight. They're anamagi.
Powers: Trelawney can see the future/so can Alice. Severus/the Dark Lord/Dumbledore/anyone with the power of Lilingitimus and thats what Edwad can do. Tracking:Hello Ministry Of Magic?

And what is really the topper of all this is the movies. You can tell that they put a lot of time and effort into them. The cast is amazing (and they can ACTUALLY ACT). And they like the books. How can RPattinson even try to be convincing as Edwad if he doesnt even like him?
hace más de un año Pensieve_Seeker said…
1348. Over on imdb.com, New Moon and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince are relatively equal when it comes to viewers who have given the films 10 stars (NM= 19.3%, HBP= 19.8%). However, when it comes to the lowest rating of 1 star, New Moon received 34.9% and HBP received only 3.9%.

link NM

link HBP
LoveforSeverus: Wow, I didn't even realise the love triangle. And I call myself a Severus fangirl :P
cool
Pensieve_Seeker-whoa!you're research is simply amazing!
HollieWeasley-you're welcome!*bows*
hace más de un año spanky50 said…
hmmm
I would like to know your reasons. And don't just send me a link, I want to hear you explain how twilight could possibly be better than the harry potter series. Seriously, you disgust me.
hace más de un año snapeislove said…
1349: in twilight, love started because bella's hair smells so good for edward.. Smeyer is much absurd than the ministry..

1350: i met a twilight fan, asked her if she knew about RENESMEE, she said no. all she's got is edward, the hot, sparkling vamp..

1351: there were mythical things from harry potter,which means its not from jk at all, but she gave them life, she decoded the mystery, how about meyer? sparkling vampires, werewolves animagi, she changed everything to keep the fans lost and pathetically in love.. it makes me weep..
hace más de un año monique___95 said…
big smile
1352: Harry potter may not have the 'intense' love story that twilight does, but HP is alot more realistic. In twilight it goes a but like this "Woah you smell good, but i do wanna kill you, No wait its okay im actually in love with you." "Im a vampire and im so tempted to slaughter you and drink your blood" "oh thats okay because your hot." "Ummh and Ive also been breaking into your house and watching you slee". "Oh thats so cute."
LilysLittleTiwn i try :) I'm actually having 2 conversations of facebook about him right now. Weird? who cares.

spanky50 we all are. And honstly, I really do want to hear why Twilight is better than Harry Potter. If they can get more than 10 (wow i'm generous) reasons then i won't burn my coppy of Breaking Down (i don't suppport the burnning of books but it seems like it would feel good)
It would feel good. The only reason I didn't burn Twilght is because I got it from the library. :( There's this chick on sodahead.com called karla. I'm gonna go say "Give me TEN reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter." If she asks for ten reasons why Harry Potter is better, I'll send her a link to here.
1352: Anyone notice that you can re-read HP, and notice soemthing as small as: the beetle on the statue. you think: Oh, pfft, why the heck did she put THAT in? And then you find out the beetle's Rita Skeeter. EVERY SMALL DETAIL COUNTS.

So true witn the Severus/Lily/James

1352: WORD PLAY. For example, Sirius means 'Dog Star', and Sirius is an Animagus. Bellatrix, Regulus, and Sirius are the names of stars.
you can say things like:
Why so Sirius?
Hey, Tom, want a Riddle?
Honestly, don't make me go Bellatrix on you!

And, as mentioned, all the names in HP are cool. Heck, Tom is cool, like already mentioned. Harry and Ron are cool!
LilysLittleTwin genious!!!

DracoFanGirl Bellatrix is still the best. and Severus. but name-wise Bella...

Just a little thing that i thought was cool was that JK Rowling actually picked Alan Rickman herself to play Severus Snape! AWESOME
1353.the conflicts in HP make senses & logic & interesting.Twilight was like "I love u but I wanna eat you".COME ON!HUNDREDS OF STORIES ARE LIKE THAT & WHY THE HELL PUT THE CONFLICT INSIDE IF IN THE MIDDLE OF IT NO ONE WILL SUFFERS EVERLASTING EFFECTS & THE PROBLEM CAN BE SOLVED BY BITING BELLA INTO A VAMPIRE!!
hace más de un año mistywindow said…
1354. CGI in Twilight (Sparkling that looks like sweat. Wat. And the slo-mo vampire action. *yawns*) VS CGI in HP movies. Nuff said.

You people are fantastic. I've been reading this thread and my love for HP has pretty much been rekindled. HP FOREVER! :')
cool
1355. You actually get to enjoy the movies because of the WAIT! I mean, the Twilight movies are released so close to each other... us Harry Potter fans have to wait and when we are finally standing outside the theater, we're jumping with excitement- we TOTALLY can't wait to get inside and see what the movie is about. THAT'S something...
I don't find it cool that even before New Moon was released, the cast had done filming Eclipse. We'll see exactly how bad it is...
haropuff95 i agree. And I think thats why Twilight is so boring and bad. The only real "plot" is "I 'love' you but i would like to kill you" when the solution is to bite her and change her. Something that could've been done in 2 seconds and not have to waste all those valueable trees that the books were printed on
1355: Twilgiht fans have Edweird. That's GREAT, but we have Cedric! Same actor, but Pattinson might jsut like Cedric... and he doesn't sparkle... But more importantly, we have SEVERUS TOBIAS SNAPE. He could kill Edweird with a flick of a wand. (Anybody want to take 'Remedial Potions'? Private lessons with Sev, and he invades your mind. As long as Draco barges in after Severus hacks into my mind...)

Yeah, how cool is it that she picked Alan Rickman herself? And, listen to his voice in HBP when he says "No, he belongs to the Dark Lord." I don't need to tell you why. Just listen to him.
hace más de un año PygmyPuff77 said…
1356: I'm not sure if anyone brought this up or not, but in Harry Potter, the characters make loads of mistakes and have to take in the consequences for them. For example, Harry doesn't listen to Snape about how important Occlumency is and thinks that the dream of Sirius being tortured by Voldemort was real and goes off to save him. It turns out that it was a trick and the Death Eaters had them trapped and Sirius was killed when he came after Harry to save him. When Bella falls for the trick that James set up, what are her consequences? Not being able to be turned into a vampire like she wanted because her sparkly boyfriend was there to save the day.
1357: Four words: Professor Severus Tobias Snape. People thought he was evil, right? He turned out to be good. People thought he killed Dumbledore on the Dark Lord's orders, right? Wrong. My point is, Rowling misleads you. She gets you heading towards soemthing, and you learn that you were utterly wrong. She keeps us interested.
hace más de un año PygmyPuff77 said…
1358: The emotion in which Harry felt when he saw his parents in the mirror of Erised was written sooo well that I felt as though I was feeling those feelings (in other scenes as well throughout the series). When did Bella feel any strong emotion other than: wow he's hot and its ok if he wants to drink my blood because i love him! Is this what teen girls are reading about these days...?
By the way, i'm really proud that so many harry potter fans did this. All of my friends are twilight fans and can't stop talking about edward or jacob, it's awesome that I can read about people supporting Harry Potter.
hace más de un año Pensieve_Seeker said…
1359. The freshness rating of 69% (certified fresh) given by the top critics of rottentomatoes.com to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (the lowest rated HP movie) still beats the freshness rating of 54% (certified rotten) given to Twilight (the highest rated Twilight saga movie).
DracoFanGirl: I'll take remedial potions. But like you said only if Draco barges in. ;)
DracoFanGirl I'LL TAKE REMEDIAL POTIONS! hehe and yes i love where he says "No! He belongs to the Dark Lord" he says it like velvet and its just so awesome!!!!

haropuff95 Lets cut the crap and just go crucio Smeyer. Who's with us?
cool
Count me in with the Remedial Potions. And I'm with ya, LoveForSeverus... =D And then we can put her under the Imperius Curse and make her announce that she hates her own books now and that everyone should burn them. Ohh yeahh. ;)
LoveForSeverus: I'LL go!

LoveDraco: That's an excellent plan! She'd probably be killed by outraged fangirls.
last edited hace más de un año
big smile
LoveDraco and Lilyslittletwin hehe Order Of The Potter/Bellatrix's Army ROCKS!!!!
hace más de un año ParamorePotter said…
laugh
Just saying, look at this: link

haropuff95- Can I bring a chainsaw???? Sadly, I'm only a muggle.