final fantasy Best In The Series?

benji posted on Apr 08, 2007 at 09:44PM
I'd have to say IX is still my favourite, it's the game that has everything and the most compelling story for me.

The most important will always be VII, while some may argue others revolutionised it more, VII was a revolution in both gaming terms and fanbase. The release was the first truly worldwide one and garnered so many fans it's hard to argue it's testament.

final fantasy 24 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año PkmnTrainerJ said…
VII was amazing, and then X, VI, IX, VII, V, X-2 in that order.
hace más de un año slashy said…
FFX is my favorite, followed closely by VIII and II.
hace más de un año lokkin16 said…
VII is widely regarded as the best, just the jump from VI to VII in graphics and the materia system made your characters completely customisable
hace más de un año s_y_l_a_r said…
X,VII,IV,VIII,XII
im a big lover of X but i reckon if i play VII again il like it more
hace más de un año Zerstoren said…
VII : it impacted me the most storywise, and i cared about its characters. Its hands down the best game i've ever played and offered the most enjoyable experience :D
does anyone know if they are remaking VII for ps3 i heard they were but dont know if thats true. if they are do u think i should still buy ps1 version of VII
hace más de un año DrDevience said…
I love me some Materia and Chocobos! I think VII will always be my favorite simply because that is when I discovered the series.
They denied any remaking of VII, If i were you i'd just buy it on PSX
il go do that then even if they do remake it i bet theyll change aspects of it so it will be good to have original
hace más de un año Ross266 said…
VII hands down
hace más de un año Chaplain said…
What's so great about VII? I never found it as epic as everyone claims. Sure it was good, but in my opinion, they started going downhill after VI with all that depressing anime nonsense. VI had the last original story. Come on guys. VII was like Kabbalah: The Game.
Well everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I just felt great playing and experiencing VII. More so than playing any other game, even VI.
hace más de un año Quinzark said…
VII is my fav game in general so ya :)
hace más de un año SpanksU said…
VI is the best in the series, the replay value alone. I'm playing it again for the forth time . . .it's a brilliant game.
hace más de un año Masumune1702 said…
Well i do have to agree 9 was the best and my favorite but 7 was easily the most compeling. Although in my opinion the second best was 12.
hace más de un año PrinceKiseki said…
I think 9 strikes a perfect balance between all aspects. I really like the humor. 7 will always have the most memorable story. After that I think 10 and 12 tie.Then 6.
hace más de un año Bond_Of_Fury said…
My favourites are Final Fantasy X and X-2 because of the story. My least favourite is Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII because of the gameplay and the difficulty of the Rosso fight.
hace más de un año cloudandzack said…
vll definatly
hace más de un año smanton24 said…
in my opinion the final fantasy ix (or 9) is the best of others.
Because it's plot is the most interesting!!!!
but i want to do a question <<how old is the ff???>>
(all the ff)
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año Kadaj said…
It’s a matter of opinion. I think VIII is the best, but many prefer VII.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año egyptprincess7 said…
Xll For Me..
hace más de un año Lanny32 said…
It's FFIX for me. It's the perfect balance of humour & weighty, meaningful storyline. I have played FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2 & FFXII. FFVIII was a bit too serious & slightly heavy in storyline. FFVII is like FFIX in it's balance in the storyline & comes very close to being my favourite but, the movie sequences were not consistent. FFX was also a good balance in the storyline but, I didn't like the departure from the ATB battle system. FFX-2 was the completion of the FFX storyline &, in playing it for that reason, it's the last FF game I liked. I hated FFXII! The battle system was strange & took some getting used to but, what REALLY killed it for me was I couldn't name ANY of the characters! That's a key point in making the characters MINE & being able to connect to & caring about them!
hace más de un año sumguy said…
Final Fantasy VII has been my favorite game of all time since I was 13 years old. FF VII is my favorite for a number of reasons. Obviously the story-line is one of those reasons. The story line, [before any of the FF VII editions came] was a world not too different from our own. While giving you enough to know why you are doing what you are doing, it left enough up for interpretation to really contribute to an amazing experience.

The battle system is one of my favorites. Not necessarily the battling itself but the materia more specifically. You can fine tune your preferences for each of the characters simply depending on how you view their abilities. Sure the characters start off with stats that make them better at some things than others but it's really irrelevant with the materia stat power ups and the fact that you can find all the sources by morphing specific enemies.

Finally, the most influencing factor in my opinion; the side quests. There wasn't as many as usual for Final Fantasy and I am also referring to the old ones as well but, they are all engaging. By side quests I mean obtaining all of the items that aren't easily obtainable through story-line. I know more about this FF than any other one [considering I have high speed internet though, that really isn't as much of an issue as it used to be]. I look forward to the third disk whenever I play a game because I can't wait to start acquiring all the miscellaneous things that make my characters god mode. Once I have everything set in place, I literally don't have to push a button and I'm murdering anything I face with NO possibility of dying.

My order is 7, tactics, 5, 1O, 9, 1O-2, 2, 1 then the rest just fall into place. As you can see, I'm a big fan of the job system. That makes for a level of strategy that is highly entertaining. 1O's battle system was awesome. I enjoyed not having to worry about time [I don't put it on wait] and that not even being a factor [besides for haste, slow, and delay]. What made it more interesting is that you can tag team your other characters into the battle. It made it so you don't have 4 strong people and 3 weak people through out the game. It involves all of them. One thing I'd like to point out though is that the sphere-grid system is f'n sweet... towards the end of the game. In the beginning all the way up until around Zanarkand, there really isn't much you can do with it. It might as well not even exist until after that point. Kimari is the only one that you can experiment with early on. The rest of them are on a specific path that would be retarded to take them off of until they complete it. I've heard stories of people taking the characters off of their paths but every time I do that, that character falls behind in everything because the connectors usually put you at early points on the other character's grid.

You'll notice that 8 isn't on that list. In terms of story-line, 8 was great. I loved the fact that you were a paid mercenary. I loved the weapon system. I loved the GF system. I even loved the fact that you had to assign spells to your stats to improve them. All of these awesome things are shit on by the draw system. I hate the idea that your characters will never actually learn anything and they are just borrowing their powers. It takes away from the heroic aspect because anyone can do that. It was also way to tedious. Sure there are refine abilities but you had to draw more low level magic then you would have to draw high level so it just adds to the amount of time you have to grind taking magic... way to tedious for me. Also I hated the graphics. It seemed like they were trying to make everything more realistic when in reality they just made everything look more like crap. The visuals were all dull and organic leaving me to question, "Where the hell is the fantasy?" In those times, it would have been much more beneficial to put in vibrant, non-organic colors like every other Final Fantasy before and after. Even our new ones have very colorful scenery that could almost never be found anywhere on our planet. 8 is kind of the black-sheep in all that and I hated it.
hace más de un año Leleu2 said…
My favorite one was Final Fantasy VIII, because the main character looks a lotlike me not only in phisical appearance, but also in personality. It was the first FF I've ever played, the one whit the most interesting plot, villains and characters (in my opinion). Then XII, because I used to play it whit my uncle and the storyand battle system were very interesting and then X.