fanpop Users What is your "motto?"

johnminh posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 07:34PM
Inspired by Crazy-Chica's soapbox "Some 'Love' Motto ideas!" link what is the motto on your profile page? Have you changed it?

Mine is "Take what you can eat, and eat what you take (Buffet words of wisdom)."

I've also thought of changing it to "Do not speak - unless it improves on silence." - Buddhist saying. However, I think I break this rule on a daily basis here on fanpop! LOL! =)
last edited on Oct 22, 2007 at 07:35PM

fanpop Users 92 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 92

hace más de un año dazl said…
Mine is

"I'n not grumpy, I'm endorphinly challenged."

It stems from me in the mornings, and my friends asking me why I was so horrible before school, but by lunch (and three Dairy Milks later), I was the cheeriest person ever.
hace más de un año marissa said…
I'm constantly chaning mine.

but a few days ago, i discovered the musical "Wicked", so i changed it to "I think I'll try defying gravity."
hace más de un año waterlilybarb said…
Mine is: Just KISS...Keep it simple stupid.

It's a motto I try to live by in this age of over-complication.
hace más de un año Temptasia said…
Mine is-
"I've got some loose jello, ok."- Pepe from Muppets in Space

I changed it from-
"If there is no God who pops up the next kleenx."

And before that it was-
"I am the pink flamingo on the great lawn of life."
hace más de un año DrDevience said…
Life is a marvelous adventure
hace más de un año meeee said…
-Meh

-Anything in irish e.g Is maith liom milsean.

I use the last for if someone insults me but only if the persons not Irish because then they're insulted and can't understand it either!That actually means I like sweets!

The link to Crazy-Chicas soapbox is dead: (
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año edennirvana said…
Since I got here its been the same:

"Life without me, would be even more unbearable"

Its a quote taken from my favorite movie, Interview with the Vampire, said by Lestat to Louis. And besides I like thinking that statement is true :p
hace más de un año Cinders said…
Used to be an abbreviated version of a quote from my all-time favorite song, "So Long, Astoria" by the Ataris. It's a kickass reference to the Goonies, but it's still awesome even if you've never seen the movie. The quote:

"So long, Astoria! We found a map to buried treasure and even if we come home empty handed, we'll still have our stories, battle scars, pirate ships and wounded hearts, broken bones and the best of friendships."

Now, it's from the Gregory Maguire book Mirror, Mirror: "The eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say."
ive just changed it (again)

it is now: ikd, my bff Jill?

i couldnt resist!
hace más de un año hsm123 said…
Well here is mine right now

Bow Chicka WOW WOW Chicka WOW WOW!

my next one is

Its a shame that i dont know what u know.lol
hace más de un año dazl said…
I always loved yours Eden, and John, I ALWAYS follow that advice!
Well I did change it to:

"The thing that makes a fantasy great is the possibility that it might come true. And when you lose that possibility, it just kinda...sucks."

Then I came back to my original one, I keep going back and forth between those two.

BTW, thanks Dara..I absolutely adore yours, LOL! It's funny!
Well, you can never go wrong with a CSI quote, Eden. ;o)

However, your current one is cool too. Mm, blood. And cookies.

Choices, choices.
LOL Cinders!

BTW, finally someone notices that the quote is from CSI!

hace más de un año DarkSarcasm said…
Mine is "Solve lora infernis."

It's Latin for "Unleash hell."

I've been meaning to change it for a while, but I've just never gotten around to it...
hace más de un año snoznoodle said…
Mine is something like I'm on holidays and you won't hear from me for a while lol. But before that it was:

Is a hippopotomus a hippopotomus or is it just a really cool oppotomus?

Most of them have been Scrubs or Office quotes. I can't remember most of them now lol.
hace más de un año miss_little said…
i have change mine- around 3 times since december
1.save the cheerleader, save the bear - when i started
2.save the cheerleader, THEN save the miss_little too- don't know why this one was made
3. :):):0 OMG 0:(:(: it's nearly my birthday--- and this one is for my birthday (which is soon- thats why i made this one)
I recently changed mine to a quote from the play "Gibraltar." I guarantee no one here has ever heard of said play in their life.

"I'm not sure what the words 'God' or 'love' mean these days, but I swear to God that I still love you"
Nice Carly!

I changed mine about a week ago to:

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
hace más de un año DarkSarcasm said…
"I don't want to just rain on your parade, I want to blow up all the floats."

Detective Munch said that on season one of Law & Order: SVU. ;)
"My war paint is Sharpie ink, and I'll show you how much my sh*t stinks"

Yes, I just discovered Kimya Dawson, and yes, I'm in love. :)
hace más de un año hooch-is-crazy said…
"if practice makes perfect and nobody's perfect why practice"

but i'm thinking of changing it to, "delenda est myspaco" which is latin for, myspace must be destroyed
hace más de un año Saul_Mikoliunas said…
My motto used to be "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" That was said by Gandhi. I hoped it would make me seem intelligent :) After a while people realised I wasn't though so now it is "There are no stupid questions. Only inquisitive idiots"

I like Kirsty's motto.
If life gives you lemons, throw them at mean people in the street and hope it gets them in the eyes.
Always makes me laugh.
hace más de un año chel1395 said…
"Drugs are bad, mkay." ~ Mr. Mackey from the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut.

You just can't argue with the logic of an animated grade school guidance counselor. :D
hace más de un año johnminh said…
chel, at least you didn't quote Mr Garrison from that movie: "I don't trust anything that bleeds for three days and doesn't die." :p
hace más de un año Shandiii said…
"You're a picture of the devil's daughter, I'm a pitcher of holy water."
Which is a Flight of the Conchords song titled "prince of Parties"

I've only had 2 others before that, and they were both Office quotes... I think.
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

It was
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

Then before that it was
"Live life to the fullest"
hace más de un año babybell said…
' Some mistakes are worth making twice' my friend said it the other day i thought it sounded pretty good.
"kids in the back seat cause accidents, and 'accidents' in the back seat cause kids"
hace más de un año tushtush said…
I love your motto, Hooch. :D

Mine used to be a Dr Kelso quote, "Too much haha, pretty soon boohoo."

Now I've changed it to advertise my new werd, so it is: "Meg"- say it, feel it, believe it.
hace más de un año claire-aka-bob said…
mine used to be - Never Forgive Never Forget - Sweeney Todd
and at the moment it is - Do you have Talent? Then Fanpop's Got Talent is for you!
but after fanpop's got talent is over it will be - you could die any moment, so dont waste time worrying about dying ♥
hace más de un año tinkerluvr said…
Oh, hooch! love your motto!
hace más de un año tinkerluvr said…
Mine is "Come visit the dark side! We have cookies!"
hace más de un año tushtush said…
I got a new one. I first changed it to a quote from RoboCop "Bitches leave!" But now it's 'Eheu!' which is the Latin word for 'Oh no!'
hace más de un año spluq said…
Mine is:

"... I am the voice of your hunger and pain... I am the voice that always is calling you... I am the voice and I will remain..." - It's fragment of Eimear Quinn's song
hace más de un año oblix said…
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?
hace más de un año meeee said…
My new one is:
You'll sleep enough when you're dead and buried you never know what life will put in your lap until you open your arms and embrace it.
A bit more complicated than "meh", I see
hace más de un año ShadowFlame said…
I just changed it into something that actually works: "The English-speaking world is divided into those who have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings and those who are going to read them."

My previous ones have been mere elvish jibber-jabber that didn't really make much sense for a motto....
hace más de un año pollyloveshouse said…
lol i like my one : I have a dream that one day, chickens will be able to cross the road without their motives being questioned!! Its the only one ive ever had lol
hace más de un año oblix said…
ooo NEW ONE

Fanpop makes me die inside
hace más de un año babybell said…
" Sometimes I wonder why that frisbee is getting bigger... then it hits me"
" I Dont Suffer From Insanity: I Enjoy Every Minute Of It"
" Sometimes i lie in my bed and look up at the stars.... and i wonder " Why the hell is my celling?"
" ITs a beuatiful day: lets watch some asshole mess it up"
" I friend would come and bail you out of jail: a best friend would be sitting next to you and saying, " DAmn, we messed up"
" Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door"
" DOnt Hit KIds: No. Seriously. Dont. These days they have guns"
" An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if the doctor is cute, f*** the fruit"
hace más de un año Leightonfan said…
Mine is "If ya got it, flaunt it and give it your all" because when I live my live I want to be confident and care free.
hace más de un año brucasislove said…
mine currently is "the happiest people in life don't have it all, they just make the most out of what they got."
Recently, it was a list of my heroes (Rachel Corrie, Aung San Suu Kyi, and Kevin Carter).

Even MORE recently it was "I can't cool boiling waters in Russia. I can't be Picaso. I can't be Jesus. I can't save the planet single-handedly. I can wash dishes."-R. Corrie

And now, it's "Heal the world. Make it a better place."

(I like this thread... helps me keep track of what my mottos were/are) :o)
hace más de un año ClassicalNadia said…
... They're all mistakes, children. Nasty, filthy, little things, glad I never was one. ♥ ~ Miss.Trunchbull :P

It's from Matilda, I just find it funny!
hace más de un año hellgirl223 said…
i dont remember my old one is, but mine currently is:
--everything bout fanpop roxx!!--
Since "Heal the world" I have changed mine to "I could tell you what it takes to feel the highest high. You'd laugh and say nothing's that simple." from the Who's "Tommy."
hace más de un año hellgirl223 said…
i use that motto bcoz it does rock :DD
hace más de un año Emm_xD said…
"You DIDN'T cry at bambi?!"
"Yes, it was very sad when the man stopped DRAWING the deer."

-Chandler Bing
:)