Ember Series Book Vs. Movie

twilightfan22 posted on Nov 09, 2008 at 04:15AM
first off let me just say that i thought they did a great job converting the city of ember into a movie!
but i would have to say my biggest pet peev would be when they screw up the movie and put the most randomest things in it that have nothing to do with the book and also when a movie comes out then everyone only remebers the stuff that was in the movie!! it drives me crazy im a book person myself i like to image it the way the author wanted it to be seen by their writing not by some director whos opion is wrong becasue it is a book you can just randomly put secenes in the movie that are not in the book i think it is silly for them to do that becasue it only makes people upset and mad at them for ruining their experince of the book...
it might just be me thinking this but i would like to hear your veiws on books being turned into movies so please comment below ;]

Ember Series 4 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Sparks_Roamer said…
big smile
I agree!
hace más de un año oJdelight56 said…
surprise
When I first saw the movie I hadnt read the book and I thought it was the best movie ever. Now that I have read the books and think about the movie and Its like what with the bug, Doons dad didnt find the message,mayer is suppose to be fat ect ect ect.
hace más de un año wierdo2 said…
zzz
Book 100% Better.Movie was a gr8 example of Hollywood skrewin up a gr8 story or book.
FYI directors read book before makin movie
hace más de un año LinaHarrow said…
smile
They actually did a fairly good job as far as capturing.... Ember.

However, they added a plot line that was not in the books, screwed up the bugs (something that someone who had not read the books would not know to blame on radiation from the wars), and could have done better in adapting it. Of course, you're going to get that with any book to screen adaption.

I was pleased with it, as I am every movie that springs from a book. However, I'll always prefer the book to the film. Always.
last edited hace más de un año