Buffy, la cazavampiros Buffy Rewatchathon

amazondebs posted on Jul 06, 2008 at 05:38PM
well since people seem to be enthusiastic about the idea in this pick
link

i thought i would get the ball rolling as soon as

basically a rewatchathon is a geeky thing fans do, where they get together and re watch a series they all love

i thought we could use this forum to plan it and then discuss buffy as we watch along together, it will also be a place to revisit old picks, images and fan vids and hopefully people will think of new content as we go along

if you do not own the dvds it does matter all the episodes are up on the site and if one version does not work for you i promise to find you one that will :D

EDIT: i am planning on making a soapbox with all the rules and placing it in a couple of places, to spike a bit of interest in old buffy fans as well that aren't as active in this spot, the more the merrier, so i have edited this first post, with the general rules and gist as to what i'm putting in to the soapbox and it is also so anyone interested and wanting to know all the information doesn't have to read through all the posts

concept
the buffy rewatchathon forums is for all the buffy fans gather and re-watch together the series buffy the vampire slayer and discuss it all together. Any buffy fan can join us, from the most hardcore of us to those that are new, to old fans who want to rekindle their buffy love, so long as you are caught up with episodes and discussion you are welcome to join us at any time, if you happen to be reading this at a later date...

rules and guidelines
considering we will be entering a world where demons can be your best friend, your mortal enemy or your lover, reality can bend and everyone lies about their dark secrets we don't much like rules nor do us rebels in leather coats obey them so we really have more guidelines than a strick handbook of rules

-firstly you don't need to own the dvds to join us, of course if you do then great but there are two versions of all the episodes on the spot and i will post the links to them in the forum and make it my mission to find more versions if these do not work for you

-the first buffy rewatchathon on fanpop will start on sunday the 20th :D

-we will be working by american eastern time, you can check this whenever you like on this handy little link we don't watch the episodes at a specific time, but we will be watching every sunday, the clock is pretty much there for when there's such huge time differences we're on different days

-like i said more like guidelines, we're not going to spy on you and put cameras in your gnomes to make sure you watch it on sunday but discussions won't start until the next day on monday, allowing everyone to have watched the episodes

-we will watch two episodes at a time, we know buffy is addictive so please restrain yourself from carrying on, or if you do, wait for the next week to discuss it

-this will not be a spoiler free discussion, so i wouldn't recommend it to a first time buffy watchers unless your a spoilerholic and want to know everything before it happens. Considering that joss whedon is famous for his continuity storylines is perfectly fine to talk about future episodes for a reason but we'll try and stick to the episodes at hand

-couples discussion and debate is allowed so long as it relates to the episode in the discussion and so long as it is not just flinging insults at characters, most of these rules are very flexible but one thing we will NOT allow is insulting other fans. Discussions can get heated due to the serious issues the show addresses but under no circumstance should any of these debates become personal

-of course this will spark of more interest and content but do check and see if it's there first and if the image, fan vid, picks ect has already been posten the don't post it again but put a link in the forum to avoid repeat content

ideas for discussion

these are just some ideas for discussion and things to consider when watching, if you have any more please list them and i'll edited them in

-direction
-writing
-acting
-quotes
-continuity
-mistakes
-themes
-pop culture and references
-character's growth and relationships
-action, special effects and stunts
-unusual features of a episode
-issues within the home and society and metaphors
-villain quality
-mythology
-trivia

i think that's pretty much everything, everyone needs to know, anything else i would need to add to this soapbox?
last edited on Jul 09, 2008 at 02:46AM

Buffy, la cazavampiros 162 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...