Buffy, la cazavampiros preguntas for the Capture and Inquisition of Joss Whedon

ArabellaElfie posted on Jun 07, 2008 at 06:33AM
As many of you may know Nika, Debs, and myself are plotting the kidnapping of Joss Whedon in order to force a movie and answer many of our questions regarding his creations. In addition to having to arrange the popcorn, cookies, ropes, and other supplies we also need to form a list of questions for his capture. With this in mind I have started this topic in an attempt to gather the questions we the fans have, into a nice list.

Note to Joss:

Dear Sir, Lord, and Master,
Should you, by chance, stumble or click upon this forum do not be alarmed. We bear you no ill will and wish only for your well being and success. Our actions are done in love and if you would supply us with a film, mini-series, or even the cartoon we have hear rumor of, drastic actions may be avoided. Also, we ask you to please take the time out of your day to answer these questions should you deem us worthy of your time. If we aren't worthy we shall gladly supply you with a ritual sacrifice a day, taken perhaps from a WB show spot in retalliation for their treatment of you, our Lord and Master.

Until we find you alone in and in a secluded area,
ArabellaElfie and co-conspiratiors

Buffy, la cazavampiros 82 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 82

hace más de un año NikaDawson said…
Lol Arabella, interesting letter. Hmmm, what questions have we already brought up in other forums and comments?
hace más de un año ArabellaElfie said…
Let me see what I remember;

- Spike's family tree, both vamp and human

- Why didn't Spike and/or Angel smell Buffy in the Girl in Question?

- Why didn't Buffy sense Spike and/or Angel in the Girl in Question? And if she did, why did she ignore them?

- What exaclty brought Angel back (answer besides "a spinoff" please)

- If Slayer blood is such a high, does that mean Dawn's blood is as well? If that is the case then does Slayer blood act as an activation device? If so, why isn't Dawn a potential or a fully fledged Slayer because she is made out of Buffy

- If the Watcher's Council is so large (as seen in season 5 and seven), why does it take so long to replace Faith's Watcher?

- How, exactly were the Watcher Families (Wesley and Giles both come from a family of Watchers) founded? I believe this could best be told in a Giles themed movie prehaps....BBC anyone?
Hmm, oh yes, is Dawn immortal or can she die? Is she still the key?

hace más de un año amazondebs said…
firstly arabella you rock!

okay i actually know the answer to this question but just for the bangelers

-can demons love?
-will you ever consider making a animated series from the comics

are we allowed to ask dollhousey stuff?
and erm are we allowed to nick some popcorn
hace más de un año em_em said…
Sounds awesome I want to help!!! PLEASE!!!!
erm...a question...a question ... I think there are to many I've asked myself to remember :(

Where did Willow buy those pink fuzzy Jumpers? Or were they made for her?

~Is the dragon that came through in The Gift the same one that Angel wants to slay?

~Do these questions have to be about characters?
If not
~Why did we not get to see more of ASH and JM singing?!?

Yes em, of course! Welcome to the conspiracy. Oh, the Dragon! I love that. Ask anything you want, we will have the man for quite some time, unless he responds with a feature film of course.

*places large bowls of popcorn on the table, along with cupcakes - I really made some today! - on the table*

I should mention that we, of course, have a lair, but it's s nice lair. Less First Evil, more Angel Investigations
last edited hace más de un año
*eats popcorn* hehe we should give ourselves a cool name like 'the trio' but to include everyone that joins our ranks

-okay ultimate question *sharpens knife* who's you favorite buffy couple?
LOL, yes, we need a name. Thus far we are a quartet if I figure correctly. The members being Debs, Nika, em_em, and myself.

question, just because I feel the need to add one, though not the need for speed. I'm strange that way.

- If the entire cast is not available/interested (I'm talking to you SMG) would you ever consider doing an animated movie? I do believe you could get 99% of the original cast back and you could do anything you desire because it has to be cheaper than a live action movie

- The scyth is an amazing weapon but just as a general question, how did we not put it together before? Buffy uses stakes and axes to a great degree but never before have we linked the two. Do you have us under some sort of spell? If so, are you an Amy, Willow, or Tara?
-who is angel's actual sire; drusilla or angel?
hace más de un año movygirl said…
Hey, evr1! Awsome idea, Arabella!;-) It would be my honor to oblige to your quest.

So, Joss... Don't feel threatened... yet! I'm just getting warmed up...

-What about the cheese guy? He was really weird!
-Did u have to kill Angel? Couldn't Buffy just cut him with the sword and throw it threw the portal, instead of him?

P.S. Debs, first things first, thank u for the greatest contribution in history! U rock!
Did u mean to write "spike's" instead of "angel's"?
The lair sounds nice, but is it more AI office in S1 or AI Hyperion? Not that I'm being picky or snobbish I was just curious! :D

The dragon thing has had me pondering for a while!

Question
~ Do Simon and Kaylee get married and have ittybitty babies??? (PLEASE say yes!)

YUMM popcorn my fave *scoffs*
Debs, he'll probably say Tara and Willow maybe, lol. Which is a nice safe answer. *plays with knife*

Okay, name, thinking....have no ideas. I do know that DB has expressed no interest in doing a Buffy movie either though.

-Would you consider letting Buffy have both vamps to oblige the shippers? If not, will she end up by herself?

-Does Buffy ever hear from Angel that Spike is still alive?

-Did Darla ever sire any other vamps besides Angelus? Did Spike ever sire anyone besides his mother?

-What was Darla's real name that she couldn't remember?

-What happened to Spike's father by the time he was turned?
Wow, Nika, amazing questions. You have my mind all abuzz. em_em, I'm just going to say yes to ittybitty babies because it makes me smile so Joss should just agree. I'm picturing Jayne as an interesting uncle figure. Lol.

As far as our lair goes I think we should vote as I have *snatches property deeds out of the air; poof AI building one is back in one piece - leather couch included* deeds to both. So who wants to plot where? Anybody have strong feelings? I'm thinking we take the furniture from the original AI office and move it to the Hyperion for spacing issues.
I like that. Though I don't mind replica's of the Dollhouse furniture either.

Now on to some Dollhouse questions, lol.

-Will we ever see any of the Buffy cast besides ED and AA in the cast (*coughJMcough*)?

-Will we ever find out Echo's real name?

-What is it about her mysterious sister?
Oh, we need the pod like beds of death. I swear it would lock up on me. We need the pond with the bridge too. Debs and I plan to sit and dip our feet. Maybe we can fill it with fish and even get some poles, very Huck Finn and all that.

- How much does a Watcher make? Is it a flat rate once one is trainer or is a field Watcher (active) paid more? Do they get a bounus for each apocolaypse averted or year that their charge live? Do they get dental?

- Has there ever been a turned Slayer? (besides the one in the Buffy novel "Tempted Champions")

- Why are some Slayers trained and aware of it early and others hit out of the blue

- The state of Anya's soul

Firefly now

- What is Book's histroy?

- Mal's lovelife; is there more of a history there to help explain his adversion to Inara.

- When can we buy Fruity Oaty bars?
How could I forget Anya's soul? We were even speculating that on a pick.

The turned Slayer I want to see to.

-Does a turned Slayer keep her soul?
I'm thinking Hyperion too lots more space. There where like dance halls and stuff that they never used, there could be a bigol' room for each show!!!

Very much agreed that JM should be in DH!!!!!
Oh and I love the watchers pay question!!!

~Will Willow or Xander ever end up with anyone not demon-ish or Supernaturally inclined!
~Roughly how many slayers are there now all over the world (ok that might be a though one :S)

Just have to make sure Wolfram and Hart (ohh, they can be the WB - I'm in WB hate alittle for sending Angel to the big dustbuster in the sky) doesn't try to evict us.

I have some Willow themed questions

- When the Slayers were activated by Willow at the end of Chosen do vamps who were/are potentials become activated and gain more strength?

- That wonderful Sunball thing Tara and Willow were working on in season five (Checkpoint I believe), which would have made Chosen so much eaiser and less Spike dusty - what happened to it? I'm sure they could have finished it but we never see it come to pass.

- Pencils; Willow is very apt at using these for vamp dusting but we never see it again. Why doesn't she just climb on top of the crypt in Bargaining for example, and let them fly?

- If Willow is season two when she is very, very new to witchcraft and injuired can return Angelus' soul and in season seven she is powerful enough to activate all the Slayers wouldn't it be simple to just reensoul all the vamps? We might need a very, very large orb of Thesula but could it be done?

A general question or two;

- Sunnydale has an international airport, a world class museum, a zoo, and a university which people travel to to attend; but it's a 'small town' - explain please

- Are there any American Watchers? I was just thinking and I can't find any in recent memory
hace más de un año x-missmckena-x said…
wow all realy interesting questions i want to add but my head is frazzled right now so i will come back with a list! lol!
I love your first new question Arabella. That is a very interesting one.
hace más de un año adwbuffy said…
Hey, Arabella, NikaDawson and Amazondebs very interesting questions regarding Joss Whedon's creations. Also don't forget I have questions of my own that I want to be answered.

Like.

I know everyone wants to know about Spike more than Angel.

Why did Spike did get a soul for Buffy?

Well, I know that a lot of people have ask this question and a lot of fans were mad that Spike raped Buffy towards the end of the season 6.

Still, not satisfy why there not a lot of Spuffy in the series. Unlike Bangel theres a lot of Bangel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Should there be more of Spuffy than Bangel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Well, how I do Arabella Elfie, NikaDawson and Amazondebs?
Well done Nika, welcome! We have popcorn, and cupcakes.
hace más de un año nosemuffin said…
Ooooh! *raises hand* I have some!

Who is older, the Master or the UberVamps?

If the Master is older, why is he more human looking?

If the Ubervamps are older, why do they dust instead of leaving a corpse like the Master?

After Willow completes the spell in Chosen, why does she just lie there Magic-gasm-ing while the little slayers die.. when she could be using all of that goddess magic to kick ubervamp ass?

That will be all Joss.. for now!
Lol, welcome Nosemuffin.
This has seriously become the hightlight of my day...is that sad?
hace más de un año movygirl said…
When Anya says in 6x21 that Willow is the strongest wicca in the west hemisphere, that implies there is another one in the east one. Is he/she as strong or stronger than Willow?
I like that question movygirl!

Erm...
~What happened to the eggs that were laid by the matis teacher, Natalie French, that we saw at the end of Teachers Pet?
I don't think I caught that one! Great find movygirl. My entire pondering schedule runneth over.

On the eggs, I seriously thought they would come back later on. hmmm

Oh, how did we forget this one: Spike's Desoto? Where is it?
-Can vampires get addicted to cigarettes? Or alcohol?
hace más de un año tisha said…
OMG I love that word nosemuffin
magic-gasm-ing lol

I recently read a fanfic that made me think about this question:
Can Angel lose his soul from perfect happiness if it's in another body?
And if he can, does the soul just float away into the ether, with no appearance of Angelus? And does that mean the body that lost Angel's soul now has no soul and no conscience?
I'm reading a Buffy novel and in it they mention that the Master didn't even have a soul as a human (also mentions he was horrible in all ways possible - killer etc) and the only real change is that he was made immortal and given pointy new teeth. I don't really have a question on this but I'd really like a comment about this.

Do you consider any of the Buffy novels cannon?
I don't, because a lot of them disregard show canon. Like the Willow triology is very AU from what actually happened at the end of season six. The one with Willow and Spike, if I recall, has Spike killing Cecily, but we saw she became a demon named Halfrek. Plus, Fox has very biased rules about the Buffy novels.
Fox definately is bias. Try finding Spuffy, it's maybe a throw away line here and there (Sweet Sixteen has a little bit and Blood and Fog maybe a line or two), they only do Bangel. The Willow triology is a big AU and These Our Actors screws up on Cecily (I thiough it was her father who killed her?) but then one like Bad Bargain, written post season seven fits perfectly.
They've actually got a written rule about how it can only be Bangel from what I've heard.

And I don't know about These Our Actors, I was sort of assuming since I've never read it, lol.
Oh, you should. It's a good one. I'd say These Our Actors, Little Things, Bad Bargain, and One Thing or Your Mother are all excellent.

Back to Joss questions;

Do you read fanfiction? If so, any favorites so those authors can squeel in delight?

We know that you go online and post on some sites (Whedonesque for example), have you followed any of the conversations here and if so, thoughts?

Can vampires grow hair? I always think no, but we have Angel with mustashe and longer hair in flashbacks.

Stupid question but in earlier times before stores were open to midnight, how did Angelus, Darla and other stylish vamps get their custom clothing? Was there a tailor vamped for such purposes? Is there a small little house somewhere in Europe where a somewhat elderly vamp sits and tells his childe how he used to dress the best blood suckers of the day?
woa havn't you guys been busy :D

and thankyou movy girl even though i'm not sure which one you mean lol

anyways do any of you mind if i answer a few? well i'm going to anyways lol

"Why didn't Spike and/or Angel smell Buffy in the Girl in Question?"
well as those who read the comics know it wasn't actually buffy

"Roughly how many slayers are there now all over the world?"
i'm pretty certain i've read either in comics or novels it was about 4,000

"Are there any American Watchers?"
if all watchers are done by family, like giles and wesley then we presume the council started in england many ancestors back

"Who is older, the Master or the UberVamp?" considering giles thought the ubervamps were just myths were as he knew about the master then ubervamps, plus i think he does actually say they are the oldest of vampires

"If the Master is older, why is he more human looking?" see above answer that he's not

"If the Ubervamps are older, why do they dust instead of leaving a corpse like the Master?"
because the master is of special status and meaning, ubervamps are still common vampire just a more primal version

"After Willow completes the spell in Chosen, why does she just lie there Magic-gasm-ing while the little slayers die.. when she could be using all of that goddess magic to kick ubervamp ass"
magic drains you we see this when willow is on top of the truck and in 'smashed'

"Do you consider any of the Buffy novels cannon?"
i have read a interview about this (which i promise to find lator) and he listed a few that he does count as cannon and some not, i think most that he sees as cannon are written by him lol

"Can vampires grow hair?"
yes, spikes hair grows out and angel's changes, also your hair and fingernails carry on growing after your dead

"Stupid question but in earlier times before stores were open to midnight, how did Angelus, Darla and other stylish vamps get their custom clothing? Was there a tailor vamped for such purposes? Is there a small little house somewhere in Europe where a somewhat elderly vamp sits and tells his childe how he used to dress the best blood suckers of the day?"
considering they don't have jobs either, and from what i have read in the novels, they stole them (plus they would of had their own clothes and vampires don't really change that much :D)

i could go on to theorize many others but i'll let joss do that when we capture him

EDIT: thinking about nosemuffin's questions about the age of the marster, what about kissing toast he was said to be so old is hands and feet were cloven why is that not the case of the marster or the ubervamps

EDIT AGAIN: just thought of another one and no was has replied since so i'll just edit this in,

-what's the story between cecily/halfrek and william/spike
how did he fall in love with her, why did she shun him, did they know about one another becoming demons, if so what's that story, if not why were they not more surprised?
okay some more

-giles is rehired in season 5, does he lose his watcher job again when buffy dies because well he's not very watchery in 6 and 7

-also we in flashbacks of fool for love and darla that darla knows exactley what a slayer is and knows of spike killing them, so then why in welomce to the hellmouth does she not know?
Debs is Joss! I knew it! *Snoopy dance*

Now....we must capture Debs.
My bad on the whole smelling thing, see it bothered me pre-comics and now, post-comics (it's hilarious that Andrew insisted upon it if I remember correctly, but that might have been a nove), it still bothers me. I understand it's been explained away but still it irks me.

On the cecily/halfrek and william/spike question I have two answers that might or might not be cannon correct. In Spike (I'm pretty sure that's the entire title), a comic that has three little stories it's shown that Cecily was Halfrek at the party (flashback to in Fool for Love) and was there on a mission, William had fallen for her as she blended in to get close to her victims (like she did with Dawn), but rejected him becasue she was a demon and he was a human and blah, blah, blah, you get the deal.

The other answer I have was in the Buffy novel "These our Actors", in which Cecily, as a human, rejects William who is turned into Spike. Told through flashbacks Spike recalls Cecily's father was into things that went bump in the night and we end the story with something happening to Cecily (Very Spoilery) which because I don't remember if we get a resolution on this, could be her reason for becoming a "Justice" deamon.

Both reasons leave one out of the loop on the other's changing, thus - tiny shock.

* = using my Willow like telepath powers
*Everyone gather around Debs/Joss, slowly and very peaceable like...*
-Who turned Holtz's daughter, Darla or Angelus?

-Does a vampire have to drink the blood of the vampire who drained him to be turned into a vampire, or can another feed him blood? Can two vamps sire one human?
Ohh, really cool two vampire siring theory! It's like adopting a child.
hace más de un año diablos said…
hey you never asked the most important question possible Y did he finish buffy with possibly thousands or more potential slayers around the world i mean what about rogues
And also we watch the lives of all at angel inc so why leave usnto knowing if they live or die
hace más de un año tisha said…
Where did Drusilla go after "Crush"? She's so childlike, I'm really curious to know how Drusilla spends her time when she's not with Angelus, Darla, or Spike (well, I mean besides killing and eating humans. Vampires have to find other ways to entertain themselves, right?)
Personally I think the thousands of Slayers was the point that Joss wanted to make. The empowerment of thousands of girls around the world. He left us with the image of Buffy not being alone, but sharing her power with her adoptive family at her side. It's about her not being alone and about the sharing of power. Joss also uses the sharing of the Scyth in the cave to show this.

On Angel you can blame it on the WB (Complete and utter morons at times). Joss and company didn't know until halfway through season five that they weren't going to be picked up (they had the second highest ratings following Smallville at the time) - even though they were in what many consider the best season. This forced Joss to fast track and cramp into the end of season five what was going to be the sixth season (the Circle of the Black Thorn), which gave us a slew of fast paced episodes and worked but made him wrap things up faster than he would have liked. I personally think Angel ended perfectly, the point being that Angel is still fighting. If you take one of Angel's most famous quotes "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do", then that is the point, the reason that we sign away the shanshu, that we have to fight the dragon (and eventually befriend him), that even though the odds are too great - we stand up and fight. We draw the line in the sand. Angel ended with the seeking of redemption not beause of what it promised him, but because it was right. It started in an alley and ended in one.

On the other hand - we have comics now so Joss can continue his stories as it was meant to be continued without networks and people wanting to move on.
okay here's a question that can go out to any vampire movie/tv makers

vampires have no reflection, yes? but surely their clothes would?

and arabella i am secretly joss lol

*wonders why people are grouping together so synchronized*
I knew it! (note how the real Joss puts an lol to try and throw me off his tracks - I am not that naive mister) ;)

Also, and I know this was addressed in the back of the comics in the "Powers that Read" section but I thought I would throw it in anyway. Angel's tattoo? What happened? I love Lynch's answers but I want it from the Joss' mouth.

To conitnue on the growing hair question - I just want to throw out there the idea of Spike shaving. We see Angel shave in the comics (and there is alot I could say but it's very spoilery so I will shut up) but for some reason Spike would be strange.

*nodding to Nika to grab the bungee cords, all smiling evily at AmazonJoss*
*is getting really scared*

why would it be strange for spike?
I don't know, I can't picture Spike with a beard I guess. Just try it close your eyes and...

*NOW*
HEHE
does this mean we've done it is AmazonJoss captured!?!?!
Or was it just a Joss-bot?
Spike with facial hair is not a pretty site. *shudder*

*pounces and holds down AmazonJoss.*
okay so i couldn't find any real pictures, just a manipulation but i think this proves that james marsters can carry off any look
link