Buffy, la cazavampiros The Shipper Comparison

nosemuffin posted on Mar 05, 2008 at 12:50AM
So for the most, we know who everybody that's active in the Buffy spot ships, but I was wondering how that compares to other couples that we might ship. Maybe Spuffys and Bangels can find a common thread elsewhere? Maybe we would disagree on every ship, lol. Just curious really.

Buffy, la cazavampiros 43 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año nosemuffin said…
I guess I should start:

Strangely, I'm having a hard time thinking of many couples atm, so I'll have to come back and add later.

I ship:
Spuffy = BTVS
Willow and Oz = BTVS
Faith and Angel = Angel
Jeyton = OTH
Luke and Lorelai = Gilmore Girls
Rory and Dean = Gilmore Girls
Jack and Juliet = Lost
Skate = Lost
Starbuck and Apollo = BSG
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año amazondebs said…
i am a cangel fan
and i like fred and wesley, don't like fred and gunn
hace más de un año NikaDawson said…
Is this only canon ships, or is it fanon ships as well? Cause honestly, most of the things I actually ship are fanon.

If it's canon than:
Spike and Buffy=BTVS
Spike & Drusilla=BTVS
(Sort of canon, if you acknowledge the one night stand) Spike & Angel=BTVS
Williow & Tara=BTVS
Willow & Oz=BTVS
Fred & Wesley=BTVS
Giles and Jenny=BTVS
Angel and Cordelia=BTVS
Angelus and Darla=BTVS
Phoebe and Cole=Charmed
Piper and Leo=Charmed
(Sort of Canon)Jack and Elizabeth=POTC
Remus and Tonks=Harry Potter (Most of my HP couples are fanon except that one)
Rory and Jess=Gilmore Girls
Joey and Pacey=Dawson's Creek
Clark & Chloe=Smallville

The rest of my ships are all fanon, ones that wouldn't happen in their fandoms or that I wished would have happened, lol.

hace más de un año x-missmckena-x said…
ok i dont know what fanon or canon means (if you could explain please), but here are mine

buffy angel - btvs
xander cordy - btvs
giles jenny - btvs
spike dru - btvs
angelus darla - btvs
phoebe cole - charmed
andy prue - charmed
paige broody - charmed
jim pam - the office
dwight angela - the office
ryan kelly - the office
meredith derk - greys anatomy
alex izzie - greys anatomy
clark lois - smallville
joey pacey - dawsons creek
jd elliot - scrubs
blair chuck - gossip girl
marrisa ryan - the oc
summer seth - the oc

i think thats all! not too sure though, any more ill get back to ya!
woa what one night stand?

i think cannon is actualy relationships and fannon is fan fiction?
Doesn't have to be canon Nika.

Oooh, Missmckena, we have some in common.

I agree with your Office stuff, except Ryan and Kelly, and just cuz I don't really care with those 2.

But mostly, JD and Elliot and Clois.

I never watched The OC or Charmed. Well, I watched the first few episodes of Charmed, but nothing after that. Does it get any better, or is it worth watching?
Spike sort of told Illyria about the one night stand in the episode where Drogyn comes into L.A. She implies that he and Angel were intimate, and Spike says, 'Angel and I were never intimate..except for that one time.'

And Joss has also made statements that allude to the fact that Angelus and Spike had some sort of sexual relationship. Brian Lynch has also been teasing fans about a kiss happening between Spike and Angel in the comics, but that's not going to happen because I think really he's just joking about that one! But he did say once that Spike and Angel had great sexual chemistry together if a person was so inclined to believe it.

And as for Charmed, it all depends. I like it, but it's not my favorite. I actually started watching it cause I adore Holly Marie Combs.

And canon means relationships that actually happened in the movie, book, or show and fanon means ones that fans only write fanfiction about or dream about. Like Spawn.

And I don't know if I'm going to post my fanon ones, cause some of them might squick some people out, lol. I'm a little nervous just posting that I like Spangel, lol
i started to watch charmed because of phoebe and cole which was season 3 then watched up to 5 then throt wait i think i might watch it from the beginning so i got hooked from 3 really!

ah right so all mine are canon then, i would like to see what spangel fanfiction is like but i scared that it might be a tad too dirty after what someone said! lol!
Actually most of them are. There's not many that aren't NC-17, or at least the ones I read, lol. Course, if you're really that curious you could always skip over those.
nosemuffin if you like spuffy and supernatural stuff charmed is worth watching for the witch craft in it and of course pheobe and cole, who i adore! maybe even more than spuffy
I liked Phoebe and Cole to but I don't think I'll ever love another couple like I love Spuffy, lol. Spuffy sucked me in before there was even a Spuffy in the show! Though, in Charmed, compared to the other couples in the show Phoebe and Cole were the best. I like Piper and Leo, probably because of the fact that there was never really another option for those two, but after the first five or six seasons of constant break ups and get back together's that couple was getting on my nerves. Part of the reason I still ship them might be because I love Piper, and cause they've got two boys, lol. If Buffy and Charmed had ever been crossed over, I'd be hoping for Spiper, lol!

And Charmed would probably be my fourth favorite show, under Buffy, Angel, and Heroes. Heroes is the only show where I don't care in shipping.
hace más de un año Cinders said…
Hm...

BTVS
Xander and Cordelia
Willow and Oz
Buffy and Riley (anyone surprised?)
Buffy and Angel (to an extent...)
Xander and Anya
Giles and Jenny
Giles and Joyce

Angel
Angel and Cordelia
Fred and Gunn
Fred and Wesley
Spike and Angel
Fred and Spike
Angel and Darla
Gunn and Gwen
Wesley and Lilah
Eve and Lindsay

Charmed
Prue and Andy
Piper and Leo

CSI
Grissom and Sara
Greg and Sara
Warrick and Catherine
Nick and Catherine
Hodges and Wendy
Nick and Greg (to an extent)

Firefly
Simon and Kaylee (big time)
Zoe and Wash
Inara and Mal (to an extent)
Jayne and Vera

RENT!
Angel and Collins
Roger and Mimi
Maureen and Joanne
Mark and Maureen
Mark and Roger
oh i forgot about csi i love greg and sara!

and it good would a charmed/buffy crossover had been! and debs im shocked that you something more than spuffy or maybe mroe! i never thort that could ever happen! lol! ut i am more of a phoebe cole shipper than a bangel just theres more to debate with bangel, with pheoeb and cole the only main competition on coop who was just a throw in at the last minute character just so theyd all be married off at the end! but i reckon that phoebe and cole might just capture the good parts of bangel and spuffy!
I agree about Coop, he was only there cause they wanted all three to have a 'happily ever after'. Jason had more screen time then Coop, and honestly I thought Drake was better for her than Coop. Too bad Drake had to die.

And didn't it just seem weird that all three ended up having three kids? It just seems a little to convenient. Plus, I just don't like Henry with Paige either, I prefer her with Kyle.
As far as crossovers go, I would love Dean from Supernatural and Faith from Buffy.. they would be PERFECT for each other.
wow nika i think when it comes to charmed i agree with you on couples!
and ive never actually seen supernatural is it good? like whats it about?
It's pretty good. Entertaining if nothing else. It's about the Winchester family (Two brothers and a dad who are all dreamy) that know a lot about ghosts/vampires/monsters. It's kind of like Buffy on the road, except they don't have any superpowers, just a lot of know how. (Well, one of them sort of has powers, but he doesn't really know what he's doing yet)
Oh, and Missmckena, I think that based on things you've said in the past, if you were to watch season 4-7 of Buffy again, a few more times.. Spuffy just might grow on you. ;)
Lol, MissMckena, I guess we can agree on some things, at least when it comes to Charmed.

And yeah, I'm not going to say Spuffy would ever compete with your love of Bangel, but it might grow on you a little bit, lol.
well the character of spike definatly has, i think its more for my love of season 2 though, i mean all the cahracters were perfect in that season and the storyline was immense!

and is supernatural kinda like 3 hot giles's!?
hace más de un año Joker said…
Buffy & Angel:

Buffy/Angel
Willow/Oz
Giles/Jenny
Dru/Spike
Cordy/Doyle
Fred/Wesley
Gwen/Gunn

Friends:

Rachel/Ross

Scrubs:

Elliot/JD

24:

Dessler/Almeida

Awe, Dessler/Almeida... sad. :(

I forgot a really important one that Missmckena's aol question reminded me of:

Veronica and Logan from Veronica Mars. So sad that show is over.
hace más de un año tisha said…
Does anyone here read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer? I really want to know what BtVS fans ship in that series.
I ship Bella/Edward- I think it has three different names for it, Edwella, Bedward, and Belward.
For those of you who haven't read it, it's about a girl who falls in love with a vampire, but it's a lot different than BtVS. In this series, werewolves and vampires are enemies, vampires can go into sunlight except they shine like diamonds, werewolves can change whenever it doesn't have to be full moon. Plus, the Twilight movie is coming out on December 12th (in the US)! Sorry for rambling so much about this, I've recently become addicted to the books and I can't stop thinking about. I should probably go off to the Twilight-Series spot now! I just wanted to know if Spuffy fans shipped Bella/Jacob because they think Bella/Edward are too much like Buffy/Angel.
I don't, but I've been thinking about checking it out.
I read that series, it's a good series, but not my favorite.

And I don't really ship anything in it, but I don't think Bella/Edward is anything like Buffy/Angel, and I don't ship Bella/Jacob either, so no. I also know some other Spuffy's who hate Jacob, and Bella/Jacob so I don't think that theory really flies. But I do believe that she was in love with both Edward and Jacob, just like I believe Buffy is in love with both Angel and Spike.

I don't think Spuffy's or Bangel's are always going to have the same tastes you know, since we tend to latch on couples that enthrall us for different reasons. I don't like Bangel for a numbers or reasons, and I like Spuffy for a number of them to, but sometime in the future, though I doubt it, I might find myself liking a couple that could be called similar to Bangel. I doubt it, but it might happen. There are a few couples I really do dislike, Hermione/Ron in Harry Potter, Bangel as you know, Piper/Dan in Charmed, Phoebe/Coop in Charmed, Buffy/Riley, and Harry/Cho in Harry Potter. I remember I use to like the idea of Harry and Ginny as a couple in Harry Potter, but I don't really like them anymore just cause of the way the were written. I also don't get the story Romeo and Juliet either.

I remember reading a few posts from mutual Buffy and Harry Potter fans, and finding some that like Spuffy ended up liking Lily/Snape, but I don't really like the idea that they were a couple, because I can't see Lily having any feelings for him. I'm not really a big fan of Snape either, though he's a great character, but from what I interpreted in those flashbacks, there were no romantic feelings, or even sexual attraction on her part. But I can't say I'm one of those people who post Lily and James forever either. I have a feeling if they had lived those two would have ended up divorcing. With Spuffy, Buffy had always seemed to be sexual attracted slightly to Spike, even when she was in love with Angel. And you see their complex relationship evolve on screen from mutal hate, to unrequinted love, to mutual attraction, and finally to love that was returned at the end, and they had a very deep journey and a long history and I find that more compelling than any other couple I've ever seen. From the moment that Spike helped her in Becoming I knew inevitably that they were going to end up together. And actually, no offense, but every time I go back and watch the first few seasons, the more I dislike Bangel, and I never did like it.

But, also, me and MissMckena found that while we disagree on the Spuffy and Bangel front, we seem to agree on the Charmed couples, so I really do think liking couples is really all a matter of how you percieve them.

And is it just me or do I usually end up seeming to write mini essays? Lol.
you really do! lol! i was going to say i agree with the charmed ones you hate but seems we could already guess that! lol! what i have found though with charmed that people who usually support phoeeb and cole seem to prefer spuffy (obv apart from me)! and that twlight seris sounds goos ill have to go and read it!
I think Phoebe and Cole are sort of a mix of Spuffy and Bangel, so...
You're not the only one, missmckena- I'm a Bangel shipper, and I also ship Phoebe/Cole. And I think you might be right nika, they seem to be a mix of both Spuffy and Bangel.
Phoebe and Cole might be the ship that Bangel and Spuffy's agree on, cause it's a mix, lol.
yey we found something! lol!
Yup. It's the white flag of the Spuffy/Bangel war, Phoebe and Cole! lol.
I've thought of some more couples I like.

In Roseanne I really adored Darlene/David and having rewatched most of it recently, my love for them was starting to come back.
hace más de un año ArabellaElfie said…
I’m a late adder but here’s what came to mind, I know I am missing things but I wanted to get it up.

Sort of a mix of fandom/canon

Whedonverse
Bangel (early)
Spuffy (later)
Willow and Oz
Willow and Tara
Cangel
Faith Angelus/Angel (Enemies was hot)
Spike and Dru
Xander and Cordy (briefly)
Xander and Anya
Wes and Fred
Spike and Illyria
Spike and Fred
Cordy and Doyle
Spawn
Buffy and William (I love me some good fan fiction, anyone heard of UnbridledBrunette?)
Simon and Kaylee
Zoe and Wash
Inara and Mal

Lost
Charlie and Claire
Sawyer and Kate

Harry Potter
Harry and Ginny
Ron and Hermione
Charlie and Fleur
Snape and Lily
Sirius and Arabella Figg (I wrote a very long fanfic for this and in it Arabella wasn’t a Squib, it was poly juice potion and she and Sirius were engaged. Then JK ruined it.)
Remus and Tonks
Dumbledore and McGonagall (we know that didn’t happen)

The Office
Jim and Pam
Dwight and Angela
Angela and Andy

Scrubs
JD and Elliot
Turk and Carla
Perry and Jordan

Doctor Who
Doctor 9/10 and Rose
Rose and Jack

Torchwood
Jack and John
Jack and Ianto
Gwen and Rhys
Owen and Tosh

Sex and the City
Carrie and Big
Carrie and Adian
Charlotte and Harry

House
House and Cuddy
House and Wilson (it could happen…)

QaF
Brian and Justin
Michael and Ben
Emmett and Ted

Wow Arabella, that's a lot. Okay, well since you posted fanon HP couples, I think I'll finally be brave enough to post my own, even though most of them are a little weird.

Alright well the het ones I ship.
Remus/Lily (Marauder Generation)
Hermione/Draco (First HP ship)
Luna/Neville (This really should have happened in canon instead of her marrying some unknown Rolf? guy)
James/Narcissa ((Marauder Generation, really don't know why)
Harry/Hermione (just a little, not that much)
Bellatrix/Sirius (Marauder Generation, yes I know they're cousins, but, it's a guilty pleasure ship)

Slash:
James/Sirius ((Marauder Generation, I'm weird, a lot of people ship James/Lily and Remus/Sirius, and I'm the opposite)
Harry/Draco (they were actually my first slash ship)
Ginny/Hermione (another one I don't know why)

And in Heroes I've actually started to like the idea of Peter/Elle a little bit, but not enough to start shipping yet.

And I guess I'll post my fanon ones in shows as well.

Smallville: Clark/Lex
Buffy/ATS: Angel & Faith, Buffy & Faith, Anya & Giles.
Charmed: Piper/Cole

hace más de un año nataliejade said…
Okay well..

Buffy:
Xander&Cordy
Spike&Buffy
Buffy&Riley

Angel:
Wesley&Fred
Angel&Darla
Faith&Angelus
Cordy&Doyle

Smallville:
Clark&Lana

Charmed:
Phoebe&Cole

The O.C:
Summer&Seth

Gossip Girl:
Nate&Jenny
Blair&Chuck

:)
I'm equal opportunity and equally obessive. I've seen alot of Harry/Hermione and Hermione/Draco. Between the two I always go Hermione/Draco. I was a fan of Ginny since book one and I really didn't like they way it just became so Spidermanish. Dumbledore's funeral scene just screamed end of Spiderman one to me.

Oh, how could I forget;
Booth/Bones
Jack/Angela
It did become spidermanish, and that's why I ended up disliking Harry/Ginny, which before it actually happened I was rooting for. That scene at the funeral, definately like Peter Parker and Mary Jane. And yeah, I'll usually go more for Hermione/Draco than Harry/Hermione, but I really don't like Ron/Hermione. Never have, even before it happened. And Ginny and Harry sort of seemed a little like a repeat of his parents to me, don't know why. I don't really like any of the canon couples in Harry Potter, besides Remus/Tonks, and maybe it's cause I don't think the author can really write romance.
I just recently started watching Veronica Mars. I'm on the beginning of season three now, and I like Veronica/Logan. But I also kind of liked Logan with Hannah, and Veronica with Leo, even though those two couples would never haved lasted.

I found Duncan/Veronica boring though.
Arabella- Ooo I also love Booth/Bones and Jack/Angela!
Gotta give love to Bones. The show needs it right now. Poor lab in general.

I agree with the feelings about J.K. When you give up romance you either need to go over the top and grand or soft, subtle, and gentle. Remus and Tonks were that soft but shocking brand of love and the Snape/Lily stuff had the potential for greatness but never went there. Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione seemed to be paired just to be paired off with one another. There was a lacking in emotion because I think she didn't want to push it too far and write what she needed to write for greatness and was too heavy handed and shippy for subtle.
Exactly. That's why I mostly ship fanon couples in HP. The only one that's canon I ship is Remus/Tonks.

The books probably would have worked better without the Harry/Ginny drama at the end, along with that very ill timed Ron/Hermione kiss.
And the kiss was going for a mix of rushed passion and she wanted to write it but they lost most of the build up from the previous chapters. Joss had to right, you need it to be Bangel like or Spuffy like, you need the sweetness of Fred/Wes (do they have a ship name?) or the clash of Cangel. It's like a really good meal, you need alot of exact ingredients mixed together just right with perfect timing to make it sizzle and delicious. For this type of meal I turn to Joss, not J.K
Agreed.

She's great at writing action and drama, and angst, and a brilliant imagination, but when it comes to romance, there is no skill in that area really.