libros para leer Stephen King: "Stephenie Meyer Can't Write Worth A Darn"

aanniiee_ posted on Feb 05, 2009 at 03:27AM
In a recent interview with USA Weekend, Stephen King blasted Meyer and the Twilight Series - when comparing Meyer and J.K. Rowling, King said, "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people... The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

He goes on in further detail...

Yahoo link: link

USA Weekend link: link

I posted this on the Twilight spot, but no one replied! Which kind of annoyed me, because apparently at that spot, all they want to talk about is "the best song to describe twilight!" or "like, omg who's hotter, Taylor or Robert!?!?"

So I decided to come over here and see if anyone has an actual opinion on it. Do you think it's fair of Stephen King to decide who's a good writer or not? Because he talks about several authors, not just Stephenie Meyer.

Soo I was curious to hear everyone's opinion on the matter...?
last edited on Feb 05, 2009 at 03:29AM

libros para leer 3 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Andolion said…
Well yes(just so you know my opinion will probably be a tad bit biased) He is an amazing writer and just so you know I haven't read any of his books.. well except a popup one but that doesn't count... anyway but everyone knows he is an amazing writer so I'm going by that logic. Since he is an obviously good writer he is entitled to judge how good authors writing is a bit but you don't have to believe him he can say the sky is purple and pigs are flying but that doesn't make it true(even though in this case I think what he is saying is totally true) so its your choice to believe him.
last edited hace más de un año
hace más de un año ineedcoffee said…
hey my two cents worth I like stephen king I dislike stephanie meyer but I don't think it is his place or my place to say who is or isn't a good writer that is every one's own personal liking my nephew only likes manga anime ( sorry is that correct I don't know what they are but they are those Japanese anime I want to say comics but he says they are novels) but that is what I am saying everyone has different tastes and you can't be swayed by what others think, that's why I never read movie reviews before seeing a movie, I want to judge it for myself.
hace más de un año duckey94 said…
smile
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. People just care more about what Stephen King's opinions on other writers are. Personally, I agree with him, but I'm sure plenty people over on the Twilight spot shrug it off and say "Who cares? Edward's WAYYYYYY hot!!!!!1!!"