arthur y gwen Rewatching Merlin 2 x 06 - Beauty and the Beast (Part Two)

sportyshuie posted on Jul 20, 2013 at 04:15PM
Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whole new perspective. We saw how the characters were at the beginning and the journeys they all faced in series 1. Now it is time to continue our journey and re-watch series 2 and see how our perspectives might change seeing as we know how the story ends. (Thanks to the folks over at tvdotcom for ideas we’ve borrowed from them.)

Moderators for Season 2:
Ellarose88
HumbleQueen
Sportyshuie

[others...]

Rules are as follows:

I. We are getting started with 2x01 on Saturday, June 15, 2013 and a new forum will be opened every following Saturday. Moderators will post following the order in the list above to open threads and we’ll be watching the episodes in sequence. We will then be watching the last episode of Season 2 (2x13) on the week beginning September 7th.

II. Every moderator opening a re-watching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of moderators and Rules) at the top. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who may have decided to join us part way through.

III. Everyone opening a re-watching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).

IV. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.

V. People taking part can jump in with comments, but just because you watch and comment on a particular episode does not mean it’s compulsory to watch every single episode to be a part of this re-watching.

VI. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Also, new moderators will be added to the list when we get them.

VII. If you don’t have dvd’s or subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime, the first four seasons are available free (with ads) on hulu: link

Also famfan suggested www.cokeandpopcorn.eu/watch-merllin­-oooo­­o­­n­­­­­­­­l­­­­i­n­­­­­­­­e­­­.­­­­­­p­­­­­h­­­p

VIII. Constructive criticism of characters/actors is always in order, but please no bashing.

IX. Let’s have fun down memory lane. Be inspired to do fanfics, fanvids, and fanart.

X. Each week the moderator will post questions/headings and suggestions for people to discuss about the episode, the plot, the characters and relationships. Don't feel pressured to answer every question/headings, answer the questions you want. Feel free to add anything about the episode, even if it isn't mentioned. It's more than welcomed!

Now let's continue our re-watch of Series 2 with Beauty and the Beast...

Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whol
save

arthur y gwen 2 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año sportyshuie said…
big smile
Despite being gross, I actually enjoyed this episode because of one person Catrina. She simply was awesome and beautifully hideous!! Hahaha ... Anyway, we have a small arwen treat here which made me smile wide like the Cheshire Cat .. and i have to say for a moment, i hated Sir Leon! you will all understand why ... LOL!

Here are the questions/headings and suggestions for discussions:

+ Best moment(s):
+ Worst moment(s):
+ Favourite quote(s):
+ Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
+ Best character development:
+ Best duo development:
+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
+ Anything else:

Things you might want to discuss :

+ Discuss the small Arwen treat in this episode?

+ What do you think of Arthur / Bradley's acting in this episode especially in the throne room where he learns he is no longer Uther's heir? You can also refer to other scenes.

+ Plots holes (any?)

+ Your reaction to the brief love scene between Uther and the troll; (yuks!!) was it necessary? Discuss your thoughts ..

+ Feel free to include anything you want ... but importantly, have fun watching.
hace más de un año MISAforever said…
+ Best moment(s):
Oh there were few. Arwen scene for one, Arthur helping Merlin and refusing to follow Uther's orders when he felt in his heart that he was wrong. I think this was a big episode for Arthur as we saw him as more mature and better man he was destined to become.

+ Worst moment(s):
Uther and the troll in the bed. I mean we saw that and none Arwen in season 5, makes me hate that scene even more! Also there were many disgusting moments with troll's "food" but I wouldn't count them as the worst moments. They served its purpose.

+ Favourite quote(s):
Uther: Because we rule the people, not the other way round.
Arthur: I think you're wrong.
Uther: I beg your pardon?
Arthur: I said you're wrong. Without the people, there is no Camelot. We're as much their servant as they are ours.

Arthur: Maybe he's right. One day I will be the King of Camelot. I cannot be a friend to the people as well as their ruler.
Gwen: That's not true and you'll prove it when you become King. You've a kind heart, Arthur. Don't ever change. Not for anyone.

Arthur: You've always taught me to be true to my heart and that's all I've ever tried to do. To be the man you wanted me to be, someone you were proud to call your son.

+ Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
The same as last week. I liked her better as a troll than a lady.

+ Best character development:
Arthur for sure!! Once more he showed his true nature, that he cares the most about his people, not the power. He stood up to Uther and that was a big deal. He defended his friend and helped him escape. And in the end, he put his life in risk to help his father and the kingdom. So I say, this was huge step foward for him. And of course, there was Gwen, who was there for him to give him hope and courage when he needed it.

+ Best duo development:
I don't know. I don't think there was any. If there were any, they are connected with Arthur and his development as a character.

+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
I liked it better than the first part. There were more things going on. More people that were aware of what was really going on. And I loved the end, cause I've always loved when they showed more of Arthur/Uther's relationship.

+ Discuss the small Arwen treat in this episode?
As I already said, Arthur did the right thing but didn't have his father's approval, so he doubted himself. Gwen was there to encourage him, be his support that he needed. She was also so proud of him and wanted him to know that. It was a small scene but such a sweet one. Appropriate for the early stage of their relationship.

+ What do you think of Arthur / Bradley's acting in this episode especially in the throne room where he learns he is no longer Uther's heir? You can also refer to other scenes.
Bradley was brilliant through all episode. He was so hurt and didn't understand his father's actions. You could see his emotions on his face. The disbelief, sadness, disappointment, confusion. I loved it!! Then he spoke from the heart, and I think that for a second Uther actually heard him but the magic was too strong.

+ Plots holes (any?)
Well, the king married the troll and no one suspected or did anything, apart from Merlin and Gauis. I thought that was a bit stupid. I mean, I expected them all to figure out what was going on and proclaim the king unfit to rule or something. And all they did was dine with them..

+ Your reaction to the brief love scene between Uther and the troll; (yuks!!) was it necessary? Discuss your thoughts ..
Well, it served the comedy of the moment. I don't know if it was necessary or not. Maybe a year ago, I would say it was. But now, knowing what they did to Arwen in season 5.... I don't know.. I could write all day about it...

+ Best moment(s): Oh there were few. Arwen scene for one, Arthur helping Merlin and refusing to fol