anime anime Update/Rant.

x-Yumi-x3 posted on Aug 23, 2014 at 08:07PM
So the whole idea of this forum is to state
what you've been watching/reading.

Example:
I just got done watching the first episode of Ao Haru Ride.
(So I'm going to write about what I love and hate about it)

You guys will probably get the hang of it/understand once I've made my first post.
I want this forum to stay updated so post as many times as you like.
Mainly if you're like me, and you like to talk about what you've just watched.

You can post anything that has to do with anime.
Just talk about anime.
Have Fun.
 So the whole idea of this foros is to state what you've been watching/reading. Example: I just
last edited on Aug 25, 2014 at 03:26AM

anime 10 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año x-Yumi-x3 said…
Okay so right now I'm watching Dramatical Murder, I'm on episode 6.
When I first started this anime I really liked that it was futuristic, the sound track is amazing.
The opening is amazing and so it the animation. (Well kinda) The only thing artwork wise that I didn't like was the clothing style but you really can't please everyone on that. Overall I really thought it would be a good anime it's just really confusing. It's probably like that because it's an anime based of a game
and they usually don't turn out so good. (Example Amnesia & Diaobolik Lovers.)
Well story-line wise..
Anyways I also like that almost each character has their own gang. I found that pretty interesting. I hope this anime doesn't leave a huge cliffhanger like most of them do.
Did I mention that it was yaoi? Jk the game is the anime isn't which is a huge let down like Love Stage and how they censor the love scenes, but I guess I'm fine with it. I don't think I like the main character being everyone's sex doll, he seems like a nice kid lets not fck that up but for some reason if you touch his hair it hurts him. ( I have no idea how that works out if you're like a sex doll.) Also it's a fast pace anime so watch out.
Oh and my favorite character out of all of them is Noiz.
I'll rate this anime a 7.5 out of 10.
That's pretty high so don't mess this up.
 Okay so right now I'm watching Dramatical Murder, I'm on episode 6. When I first started this anime
akaisora commented…
sorry I'll remove the post so that it doesn't disturb the flow hace más de un año
ChadKumada commented…
what, it's not yaoi? i might have to continue watching this mostrar then. i usually only watch the first couple episodes of something that i think is yaoi, just enough to get an appreciation for what it's about, but not fully explore all the yaio-ness it has to offer. i generally like calle fighting type animes, and this definitely has that going for it, and some good fantasía elements to it. hace más de un año
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
@akaisora u didn't have to but okay. hace más de un año
hace más de un año ChadKumada said…
i'm no good at reviewing animes (i have not much more to offer but "yeah!"s, "no!"s, and "awww"s) but i might be able to rant a little. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun is usually the first new show of the season I'll watch if I've got several new episodes that need to be watched. i'm a fan of shojo manga, for their simple plotlines and cute or socially awkward heroines you can empathize with. it's fun to see an anime with so many male contributers to Shojo manga. i also like characters with gender bent personalities and role reversals, and this show has tons of them. a big massive guy who "understands the hearts of girls" and writes shojo. a heart-throb guy who gets really embarrassed when he says those things that make girls go gaga and ends up being the inspiration for the 'heroine' in the manga. the tall female "prince" all the girls go nuts over, but ends up being thrashed around a little by her male love interest due to her antics (usually, it's the girl dishing out the punishment to the obnoxious guy). the rowdy girl who ends up scaring the hell out of her romantic interest because she thinks picking on him like that is a blast and he ends up falling in love with her singing alter-ego without knowing its her. and the actual heroine of the anime is super cute and adorable in her affections for the big guy, who remains oblivious. the characters all have strong personalities and are fun to throw in the mix together, something I look for in all anime comedies i like. plus, i always like an even male/female character ratio with many potential couples, rather than having everyone like just one guy or girl. occasionally, i might get bored watching a scene, but there's enough funny stuff to keep me coming back.
last edited hace más de un año
 i'm no good at reviewing animes (i have not much más to offer but "yeah!"s, "no!"s, and "awww"s) but
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
I amor shojo manga also, so I might end up lectura this. hace más de un año
more rants. i've been home sick from work for the past few days now, so I'm unusually caught up with simulcasts i'm following, so i've been watching the next episode of several of the shows i had previously dropped.

first was Momo-Kyun Sword, which is what I usually watch when i have extra time on my hands. i might actually finish this one some day. it's mostly ecchi eye candy and fluff, nothing that compels me to stay current with it, but it's nice to watch when bored. it was a beach episode, and it was particularly nice to see the celestial maidens and oni take a truce for some fun in the sun. they actually get along pretty well if only they didn't have to fight over stuff.

then it was Himegoto. it simply isn't charming enough for me to continue to watch. with a trap-centered plot, it could have been really funny, but i haven't been that amused. not enough to put up with the male up-skirt shots. but since they're only a few minutes long each, it doesn't hurt to try the next one every now and then.

next was Baby Steps. i like this show because the main character reminds me of myself. i had to take lots of notes when i was in school too. i still have my master trig/calculus notebook where i wrote down everything i ever learned in those subjects in high school and college. watching him awkwardly try to figure out tennis was a lot like trying to figure it out myself.

then i watched an episode of Dramatical Murder. it's got a good funky style to it and plenty of conflict. it hasn't gotten too yaoi enough yet to chase me away yet, so i could probably watch another one. maybe i should watch the next Love Stage episode, as the characters in that show are a hoot. but i watched up to the point where he found out that "she" was a "he". he ran away, and it feels like i've watched enough now. i don't really want to know how they turn things around to get together. but it is a really funny show, so maybe i'll watch a couple more some day.

most recently, it was Blade Dance of the Elementalers. i had high hopes for this when i started watching it. it's got nice elemental battles, bishoujo, and a relatively respectable main character after all. but it just seems a bit too generic too me and i haven't been able to get into it and end up thinking "yay, it's over" when i finish an episode.
another day home sick means more anime. continuing to watch dropped simulcasts. stuff that i'd probably watch regularly if i had all the time in the world.

went ahead and watched episode 3 of Love Stage. can be tough watching BL stuff for the humor. get to a particular scene and end up screaming at the tv "no!", "oh that's so wrong!", "oh god don't go there!", and "gross!". but that can be fun in its own way, especially knowing that there's plenty of fans who squeal at those parts instead. the shorter those scenes are, the better though. guess the show is basically about how two straight guys got together. i personally ship Sena and Lala-Lulu (who cares if she's not real, it's cute).

next up was Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! this show wasn't quite as belly-laughingly funny as Love Lab or Yuru Yuri, so I had dropped it. but it's still amusing and it's nice to replace some of the romantic and ecchi humor with some cartoon violence instead.

also, there was Magimoji Rurumo episode 3. i dropped it due to it's loli obsessions and the crime of not entertaining me enough for me to overlook that. or maybe i just didn't find the loli in this one that cute? appearance and personality wise, she reminds me of a mini version of the heroine in Witch Craft Works, a show that i loved. but where's that young lady was awesome in everything she tried to do, this girl is the opposite... they introduced a new interesting witch-wannabe, so maybe it'll be worth watching again.

watched another episode of Shugo Chara. it's not simulcasting now, but it was when i first watched it. one of the best majo-shojo's around. i've been watching this show for years now, but i only watch one episode whenever i'm in the right mood and have time, which may mean several months go by between episodes. but i always pick it up again when an innocent magical girl show would do the trick. watched episode 29.

last was Blue Spring Ride. a nice romantic shojo. it's nice watching the lead try to make friends, best of luck to her. they just put together an epic class representative team in this episode 3, hope they make some good memories.

lots of shojo in this round. guess that's because i always try out the shojo of a new season, but they're rarely the ones i stick with until the end of the season, which are usually more Shounen or Seinen in nature.
hace más de un año KissKissHannah said…
Brothers Conflict is my new anime to watch every weekend. I'm also watching Pri Para, Free! Eternal Summer, and Happiness Charge Pretty Cure week by week. I'm also catching up on the Doraemon dub. I honestly have no opinion on it besides the fact that I really enjoy them.
 Brothers Conflict is my new anime to watch every weekend. I'm also watching Pri Para, Free! Eternal S
hace más de un año mariepam198 said…
I'm sort of new at reviewing anime so everyone please bear with me .

Okay so right now I am at episode 9 of Sword Art Online 2 . To tell the truth I really didn't like the first two seasons of Sword Art Online and i'm only watching this season because someone told me guns were involved and the girl protagonist didn't automatically fall in love with Kirito . So went in expecting another horrible and cliche season but came out somewhat impressed . I personally prefer the fantasy soundtrack of this season over the last two seasons because it sounds more emotional and animation wise this anime is perfect since the animation looks flawless especially during fight scenes .

When it comes to character design and development I would say this season also improved on what the two previous seasons were lacking . For one thing this season does not focus on romantic relationships in order to build on the female characters like what happened to Asuna and Leafa and instead uses a mature concept such as childhood trauma in order to develop Sinon as a person . Also unlike Leafa , Sinon is Kirito's equal this season and unlike Asuna she is definitely not a damsel in distress and can hold her own without Kirito consistently stepping in . At first I believed Sinon would be another piece of fan service this season due to her outfit but I was proven wrong by episode 2 and glad for it . Not that only the female protagonist improved this season I would also go as far to say that Kirito somewhat improved this season . This time instead of acting like an automatic master like in Alfheim online Kirito acted like a newbie and even asked Sinon for help in teaching him the ropes . This season Kirito also got some much needed character development because unlike the last two seasons in this season we actually see Kirito experiencing a little emotional turbulence and get to see him not be his overconfident self but instead a traumatized boy who watched people die in a video game . Only issue I can find with Kirito at this point is the fact that he is still using a close ranged weapon which is a sword in a game mainly consisting of long range weapons which are guns and energy weapons . Simply put I still consider Kirito a little too overpowered since he is easily dodging and deflecting bullets with a sword and that he managed to get into a tournament for top players within a day or two of just joining the game .

Final notes on this review

- I personally enjoy the changes this season brought and I am seriously hoping that they don't suddenly kill all the tense action and suspense built over the episodes with forced in love since at the end of episode 9 Asuna looked like she was about to enter Gungale Online

- Hopefully Sinon continues to develop as a character and does not turn into another female only necessary for Kirito's development

- I also enjoyed certain things they did in the season such as showing what happened to the other Sword Art Online players that Kirito befriended , building on laughing coffin which was a minuscule threat in the first season , and presenting Sinon's life also such as her relationship with classmates and her supportive best friend

-
 I'm sort of new at reviewing anime so everyone please oso, oso de with me . Okay so right now I am at epi
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
tu don't really have to review it, just tell what tu think. c: tu did amazing btw. hace más de un año
So..I watched Tokyo Ghoul bout a week ago, let me say this I absolutely love EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.
The animation is wonderful, even tho some parts where censored it really didn't bother me. I never thought that I was in the 'dark' anime but that's pretty much of what I've been watching. I should really try out new things.
The characters where pretty interesting I really liked Uta, (like srsly tho who doesn't.) I want to see more of him. I also liked the guy with the purple hair. ( sorry I forgot his name) he was freakin weird but interesting indeed. I kinda wish some of the characters where more attractive but hey, that's fine.
I haven't read/watch all of it so I can't say much but I really love the opening it's my favorite this anime has moved up to like to # 3 on my favorite anime list which is amazing.
The opening is pretty badass,everything about this anime is badass..xD
I just hope the ending doesn't mess up this anime for me. I heard it's only 12 episodes which is a huge let down. I've always been use to long anime with a least more than 50 episodes but I guess I can read the manga afterwards I just hope the way its drawn isn't to weird looking.
This anime has a lot of emotion in it which is probably why I'm so stuck on it.
I can't wait until the next episode comes out, in the end I rate it a 9.2/10.
Which is fcking high!!!
Hey if you really think about it, Ghouls are just like vampires just with less swag. xD
I'm gonna end this here because there's A LOT I have seen yet. I'll actually give a full review once I've seen all if the characters.

*Note my 'reviews' are not exactly formal I just tell what I think straight from my mind, sorry if that's disappointing.
 So..I watched Tokyo Ghoul bout a week ago, let me say this I absolutely amor EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. Th
Tokyo Ghoul episode 11.
One episode left, gahhh that's so disappointing.
Why does all of the good anime have to be so short?
Thank God naruto is still going on I can't say for long tho.
(Don't get me started on that. T_T)
The intensty of this anime is so freaking high, I can't wait for the next episode.
I forgot what I was gonna say so I'm gonna end it here.
ChadKumada commented…
tu make this anime sound amazing. guess i'm not watching it because it's not on Crunchyroll. Akame ga Kill is filling the "intense" slot for me this season. hace más de un año
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
tu sure it's not on there? I could have sworn it was, if you're interested I watch ir on Animelist.com I think. Oh and I've hear of that anime before they're always being compared. hace más de un año
ChadKumada commented…
i'm always good for watching the first couple episodes of a mostrar though, even if i'm otherwise overloaded. i'll go ahead and watch the first episode. hace más de un año
party episode in Fairy Tail! woo hoo. had to watch it twice. poor Juvia. i feel bad being so entertained at her misfortune. but never change Juvia, at least, not until this schtick has gotten old, which amazingly enough, it hasn't in my book. Gray and Wendy looked cute on the dance floor, a nice kinda big brother-ish thing. she had a nice big smile. i wonder if this is going to start a new ship though (or maybe one existed before and I just didn't notice)? ah well, as much as I'm not into age difference relationships, Wendy has my permission to look up to Gray or even have a little innocent crush on him. just don't get too serious, i'd hate to see her with a broken heart over him. they looked together in the previews, wonder what that's all about.
I just watched the last episode of Tokyo Ghoul: HOLY-LEE-SHIT. (excuse my words)
Can't wait for a second season.
x-Yumi-x3 commented…
It just got updated hours hace saying Tokyo Ghoul has been delisted and will not be getting a segundo season. This happens to every anime that I love, and for some reason anime like pokemon continues. (not throwing shade o anything) hace más de un año