american idol What do tu think of Danny Gokey???

Team_Edward77 posted on Feb 25, 2009 at 01:17AM
Ok right now there is alot going around about Danny Gokey right? You know that he use his passed away wife to get every ones greif and vote... what do you think?
Me? I think he was sad about his wife so he told all of the 25 million people who watched the show about her SO WHAT! but thats just what I feel. here is what he said...

In a conference call with press last Thursday, Gokey responded openly about this type of reaction. "It's only been seven months since she's passed. This is who I am. It's not that I throw it in people's faces, but I get asked about it all the time, especially like right now. I'm talking about it at this point. It weighs on my mind a lot, though, because honestly, this is a sob story I don't want," Gokey explained. "I don't want this story, but it is shaping my life and it's causing hope for a lot of people, knowing that it's causing hope for my life. I didn't want to live any more after she passed."

What do you think about him.
I <3 him.

american idol 35 respuestas

Click here to write a response...
hace más de un año Team_Edward77 said…
big smile
I have heard so much and I want to know what other people think please share even if its not much!!!
hace más de un año JamieLea85 said…
laugh
I love Danny, not b/c his wife died...b/c he can sing. He's got a great smile... :0)
hace más de un año lcriss said…
What the heck was he supposed to have done? Not talk about her at all? Even then he would be called a heartless jerk. Good grief, he really loved and cared about her and in my opinion he would have gotten heat no matter what road he took.

Besides it was his wife that wanted him to audition and he is doing it FOR HER!!!

Danny is a talented and gifted singer...
GO GOKEY!!!
last edited hace más de un año
smile
thats what I think too
hace más de un año lcriss said…
Sorry if I sounded a bit rough, its just that its aggravating! The media fans the flame no matter what the person does, and I get so tired of alot of flack he gets when he, in my opinion has done nothing wrong.

I've seen so many good people get bashed too many times
hace más de un año italiangirl976 said…
I feel sorry for him but i think he is really god and deserves to be in the top 12.
hace más de un año Mindfreak666 said…
At first I loved Danny Gokey. He was my favorite...but I just think he gets too much attention. How many times do they have to bring up that his wife died? It got annoying after a while. I still like him but he's not my favorite anymore
hace más de un año Rikki_Roxx said…
crying
I love Danney Gokey...I mean, he's definitely one of the best out there. Sure, he talks about his wife a lot...but what do you expect? Everyone keeps asking, and it's not like he's going to forget her and move on! STOP GIVING HIM SUCH A HARD TIME ABOUT IT! I think that AI will help him get through. Poor guy...
hmmm
I LOVE HIM TOO IM NOT TRYING TO GIVE HIM A HARD TIME :*(
hace más de un año kahnegal82 said…
blush
I think he definitely deserves to win, not because of the tragedy he faced but because the boy has talent! Yes, it's sad what he went through but I genuinely think his talent is what people are looking at because he has the talent. I think people should get off his back and look at the talent he has. He's awesome.
hace más de un año r-pattz said…
i dont love him but i like him i wanted alexis to win but.... i like dannys voice but not his personality
hace más de un año BeSafe said…
Okay I know I'm a little late in posting but really people bashing and being mean to Danny is really starting to irritate me personally so I figured I'd post!
People keep saying he got where he is because he 'played the sympathy card' and whatnot...well NO HELL HE DID NOT! Danny Gokey is one of the MOST TALENTED people I have ever heard, his voice is amazing and people using his dead wife (Sophia) as an escuse NOT to like him is just pathetic!
Honestly really what the hell did they want him to do?! Pretend he didn't give a crap?! His wife just died! It hasn't even been a YEAR are you kidding me with this?! He is allowed to be sad, to grieve, that is what normal people do in situations such as that! And I'm pretty freaking sure that he would MUCH RATHER his wife be here with him to see this happen and never have had to say that at all!!!!

P.S. sorry if this comes off slightly harsh but I am a HUGE Danny Gokey fan and I am just tired of this weak excuse...
no your right :/
hace más de un año DrSnark said…
I'm bored of his performances before he even starts singing. Completely overrated, IMO.
hace más de un año musicschoolbed said…
smile
I think he's a great singer I've been a huge fan 4 him since hollywood week I think he's gonna win + he's got cool glasses
its only human to grieve for a loss
big smile
I dont like him any more I like Kris way better now :)

((Join the Kris Allen spot))
hace más de un año thida-loy said…
smile
I like Denny...
I love the way he sings and inspire people...
I really want to see him be in de final with Adam...

Go Danny go...
hace más de un año musicismylifee said…
heart
Def in LOVE with him. Best contestant. hope he wins!!!
hace más de un año judesmommy said…
hmmm
I like him, but I am honestly afraid that he is just fading into the woodwork and may actually not end up in the finale like so many assume. He really needs to take a look at both Adam and Kris, who change things up from week to week. Danny's performances are becoming more and more alike and are becoming less and less memorable. I personally like Danny (have from the very beginning), but I think if he plans to stay in the contest until the end, he's going to have to step up his game.
 I like him, but I am honestly afraid that he is just fading into the woodwork and may actually not en
meh
yea your so right judesmommy he needs so do something relly big next week that people will remember.
smile
Hopefully Simon's comments made Danny realize that this week.
Personally I love him each week because he is consistant, and will of course vote for him like crazy no matter what (BUT I am a HUGE Danny Gokey fan!)
I do however agree that people seem to be getting bored with Danny...it makes me sad because I see the talent and the potential he has...I just want him to blow everyone away next week. As a HUGE fan it would make me feel more secure about his place in the competition.
he needs to do something different... something that will make us remember him the way everyone remembers adam
^^I think tonight he did INCREDIBLE, his best so far, I don't know if anyone on here will agree, but he blew me away!!!!
big smile
I COMPLETELY agree! Yay! This night was just what I was talking about that he needed! Good for Danny! Now maybe people will continue to vote for him and put him in the finale.
hes definatly gonna be in the final. him and adam, i think
smile
I hope you are right! He's who I would like to see in the finals, him and Adam.
Adam and Allison are my favorites. Danny was like everyone's favorite at first, and then Adam got really good.
hace más de un año music222224 said…
I agrre with you BeSafe Go Danny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
 I agrre with tu BeSafe Go Danny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile
Of course, you know what? I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if any of these three won...That's just me. They are all strong and great singers in their own ways.
hace más de un año Dada said…
Aww. I can't believe he said that! And that his wife was with him not too long ago. I love Danny. I heard rumors that he's not really a nice guy, so thank you for calming me down a bit. Danny is a great example.
hace más de un año wall-efan98 said…
monkey
he got voted off last night yay i love adam and hes goind to win
hace más de un año BOOBOOWORM said…
I FOUND SOME GOOD INFO ABOUT AN AMERICAN IDOL PARTY WITH WINNERS AND CONTESTANTS FROM ALL THE SEASONS IN THE PAST!!!!

CHECK OUT THIS GREAT VIDEO

link
link
link
link
hace más de un año bnjrc said…
....and on the American Idol tour he's STILL talking about her!(sounds like a sermon!) Personally it creeps me out that he auditioned for A.I. 4 weeks after his wife died. I'd be lucky if I were getting out of bed and dressed if my husband were dead for only 4 weeks---and I wouldn't be having a food fight with anyone anytime soon. sorry---that's just how I feel.